Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

Actually, before I change the plan Whitecap Triton just needs pilots now, right?

Because if we can get Triton online this turn then making Mammoth a generalist fighter seems like a waste.

BadKatt85's proposal won consensus:
I'm honored. While we wait on Smithsguild to do his QM magic maybe I can rally some support for 'Whitecap Triton' some pilots?

[X] Msgt. Frederickson seems built for ass kicking. No frills career soldier.

Pair him with a (bookworm /labcoat/Gamer Geek) into Toho Studios pre-K day Kaiju films and we have some nice dramatic tension between pilots as geek starts mentally comparing the Kaiju in the field with Rodan or Gamera inside the drift.

I just noticed I failed to update Whitecaps sheet to include them and to announce pilot perks, will be remedied shortly.

Pilot Perk: Dwayne Frederickson (Right Hand Pilot)
-'One shot, One kill' once per combat may apply a +2 to your choice of a 'to hit' roll, or shift a hit location 2 places towards a called shot location. May stack with other perks such as accurate weapon.

Pilot Perk: Jeffrey Noble (Left Hand Pilot)
-'Oh, I know this…' once per combat, if you can tie a K-scale opponent to a Movie monster with some trivia gain a +3 insight bonus to one action of your choice.

Last edited:
The ability to use ranged would not 'turn him into a generalist' it would just make more tools available to him.

Heaven forbid we need Mammoth to engage a foe who could kite him due to zero ability to fight at range.

Mammoth by design is a point blank Brawler, that is not going to change, but if we run afoul of a flyer he is currently out of the fight.

Same with a single point in dexterity, it would not only open up some fine manipulation (tool use) but dexterity represents battlefield adaptability. Creative uses of terrain features less dexterous entities cannot use.

The ability to use ranged would not 'turn him into a generalist' it would just make more tools available to him.

Heaven forbid we need Mammoth to engage a foe who could kite him due to zero ability to fight at range.

Mammoth by design is a point blank Brawler, that is not going to change, but if we run afoul of a flyer he is currently out of the fight.
Same with a single point in dexterity, it would not only open up some fine manipulation (tool use) but dexterity represents battlefield adaptability. Creative uses of terrain features less dexterous entities cannot use.

Fair enough, how many rolls should i buy in the plan? I'm thinking 5.

Fair enough, how many rolls should i buy in the plan? I'm thinking 5.
That all depends on the the die rolls; if we're lucky 5 dex / 5 range might suffice.

But they are dirt cheap, I suggest 10 each and left overs can later be burned on a Jaeger intent on those builds. I would hate to not make the needed successes because we were trying to save a couple hundred R.

Same with purchase of troops, I'd personally bump ships to 5.

We need to build numbers quickly, and frugal spending in resources must be wieghed versus cost in actions over multiple turns.

If 3 AK patrols are all of those you think we will ever need stick with 3. But we'll get more later wastes critical action slots.

[X] Permanent Rig assignments

This is a supplemental plan to compliment Cmd. Frost plan Coastline v.3

Assign 1 non-Elite AKP, 4 auto-sentries, 2 T-95 artillery, 1 AK Torpedo Patrol boat (when built), 1 non-Elite cobra, & 1 Avenger as Rig defense.

[X]Plan: Coastline v.3

[]: Clean 224 Rs

[]Free J-Tech: Research a J-scale hand held, cylinder fed, scatter, Shock/impact firearm.
[]Free K-Sciences Research: Research better methods restraining captured Kaiju.
[]Free Mist Life Sciences Research: Distill the organ tentacle from the conjoined Kaiju in a non-destructive manner to harvest the science resistant luminous flecks, hopefully in larger concentrations and continue to try to understand them. (Thank you BadKatt)
[]Hephaestus: Upgrade Mammoth's ranged and dexterity stat.
[]Free High Energy Lab: Research particulate resistant jet engines.
[]Free Bureau Paranormal Research & Defense (Magic): Investigate empowering sigils from the Chaat Aquadingen. (Again, thank you Katt)

Six General actions (1 per Population) (+1/environmental bonus) :
[]Buy 10 ranged and 10 dexterity rolls 400 Rs
[]Build 5 AK Patrol Torpedo Boats 1000 Rs
[]Send the Engineers to restart the Oil Rig, get the original crew to come back on or train some replacements.
[]Upgrade comms once 1500 Rs
[]Scan for wandering Kaiju
[]Upgrade the civilian shelters 900 Rs

4024 Rs.

Last edited:
Heh, okay apparently you are relying on me to design the J-scale hand held firearm. That leaves no room to complain if you put it totally in my hands.
I would never screw you over, but it won't be anything you've ever encountered before; let me get my thinking cap on...

And if I know BadKatt -at all- expect to get some crap on NOT modifying k-science. :rage: There was a reason her nickname among family members was "She who must be feared..." and there was a lottery (I shit you not) to see who would wake her in the mornings.

@Cmd. Frost I have explained why K-Science action required modification.

As written it is a waste of an action, if you're either unwilling or unable to modify it I can and will forward my own plan and withdraw my support.

I don't mean to come across as an ass, but when rational conversation achieves nothing I refuse to just 'roll with it' to maintain the peace.

Sooo, how about we make a j-portable slammer kinetic energy cannon for a j-scale firearm?
Slammer cannons use munitions designed to transfer large amounts of kinetic energy into a target, knocking them around. They would be fairly large however, thus why I suggest this as a j-scale firearm. As for its form, I think something like this would be appropriate, to serve as a deterrent for enemy ranged attack forces, and as an emergency weapon for close range pummeling,
[/image]
Edit#2 Wait, I have an even better idea for a j-scale weapon... Posting in research doc... Done... Behold, the decimation cannon, the "iron bitch" of j-scale weaponry and definition of near overkill.

Last edited:
Shit, I knew I forgot some things. give me a minute and I'll fix them.

EDIT: Okay, I think that's the last of the changes the plan needs. K-sci is working on restraints, I think I got the gun type right. So here's hoping.

Last edited:
Sooo, how about we make a j-portable slammer kinetic energy cannon for a j-scale firearm?
Slammer cannons use munitions designed to transfer large amounts of kinetic energy into a target, knocking them around. They would be fairly large however, thus why I suggest this as a j-scale firearm. As for its form, I think something like this would be appropriate, to serve as a deterrent for enemy ranged attack forces, and as an emergency weapon for close range pummeling,
[/image]
Edit#2 Wait, I have an even better idea for a j-scale weapon... Posting in research doc... Done... Behold, the decimation cannon, the "iron bitch" of j-scale weaponry and definition of near overkill.

I lol'd at the Decimation Cannon, Probably $$$ fiscally $$$ the most damaging weapon I have heard conceived. Would it kill a Kaiju? On a hit, Assuredly, but the costs per shot extensive, not much left to harvest, and Chernobyl level cleanup.

Edit: Remember Kaiju blue as it decays becomes 'Bloodmist' a potent vapor borne neurotoxin , on par with VX nerve gas and not only is it fatal to breath but absorbs readily through the skin even in aerosol form

Last edited:
Shit, I knew I forgot some things. give me a minute and I'll fix them.

EDIT: Okay, I think that's the last of the changes the plan needs. K-sci is working on restraints, I think I got the gun type right. So here's hoping.

I don't intend to come across as a bitch, I just hate explaining things in detail, only to feel like no one bothered to read the explanation. My patience is super low today... :cry: sorry to snap.

I don't intend to come across as a bitch, I just hate explaining things in detail, only to feel like no one bothered to read the explanation. My patience is super low today... :cry: sorry to snap.

Some of us understand your mood swings come with passive aggressive teeter-totter and shut up sliding boards FREE!!! :V:V:V

I lol'd at the Decimation Cannon, Probably $$$ fiscally $$$ the most damaging weapon I have heard conceived. Would it kill a Kaiju? On a hit, Assuredly, but the costs per shot extensive, not much left to harvest, and Chernobyl level cleanup.

Edit: Remember Kaiju blue as it decays becomes 'Bloodmist' a potent vapor borne neurotoxin , on par with VX nerve gas and not only is it fatal to breath but absorbs readily through the skin even in aerosol form
Yeah well, how about cthulhu and beings like him (can't remember the term at the moment) in one or two hits?

Yeah well, how about cthulhu and beings like him (can't remember the term at the moment) in one or two hits?

Great Old Ones? Their physiology is 'unique', when you can have your skull parted by a Steam ship's prow and :
"...and higher the brave Norwegian drove his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth....For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething aster; where-God in heaven!-the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form"

From 'Call of Cthulhu'.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming; That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC) From the source material Great Old Ones are resilient as fuck and are not tied to the laws of biology as we understand it. I cannot go too much in depth to how that plays into this AU without spoiling the fun. When hurt enough, Cthulhu was forced back to R'lyeh to reform.

This is going to sound terrible, but can someone refresh me on a.) what we're voting for at this point, and b.) what the options are?

So far PLAN & supplemental troop reassignment. These are only ones offered atm, plan is 3 revisions old ( and a edit or two).

5,724 R starting bank
4,024 R plan cost
leaving you 1,700 R banked

Edit: @KnightDisciple There was also this omake that is further broken down here.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know I have forces assigned to the rig in the plan.

I really don't think the rig needs artillery and flyers, the Torpedo Boats should be more then capable of holding off attackers until a larger force can arrive.

Back