Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

As to rig. I -hate- the idea of being drug from a 2+ story rig by stinging tentacles, those are long enough even if we take shelter inside rig, they could fish for us.

Edit: never been a fan of tentacles since teen watching Deep Rising

[ ] Best kill is overkill (modifying Plan: I'm perfectly okay with it / rig portion)
4 torps; 2 to each jelly
2 Arty bat cleanup on jellys if need, if not take out heavies.
Still jellys? Cobra rockets, if not take out heavies.
Left overs? Sentries AoE -> Avenger .50 AoE -> Lone gunman as needed?

Unused go on overwatch

Last edited:
This movie had escaped my notice before now, saw the trailer now I MUST watch it... Thank you @Highwind .
It's one of my favorite monster comedies, so I hope you enjoy it!

As to rig. I -hate- the idea of being drug from a 2+ story rig by stinging tentacles, those are long enough even if we take shelter inside rig, they could fish for us.

Edit: never been a fan of tentacles since teen watching Deep Rising

[ ] Best kill is overkill (modifying Plan: I'm perfectly okay with it / rig portion)
4 torps; 2 to each jelly

Unused go on overwatch
I approve of this plan. The jellyfish should die ASAP.

Upto 5 Lone gunman attacks versus distant widower. 1d10, hit 5+ (any unused assume overwatch)
I'll roll these

Edit: We only needed one hit, right?
Highwind threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Spider Killer Total: 8
8 8

Last edited:
It's one of my favorite monster comedies, so I hope you enjoy it!

Animation was epic, and the cheese involved was of the highest (making fun of ourselves) quality. The Cat/spider drywall scene was hilarious!!!

I approve of this plan. The jellyfish should die ASAP.
We'll consider between you and BadKatt that combat consensus achieved.

I'll roll these

Edit: We only needed one hit, right?

Correct, all known widowers eliminated. 4 more AKP's join overwatch.

Best kill is overkill (modifying Plan: I'm perfectly okay with it / rig portion)
4 torps; 2 to each jelly

Unused go on overwatch

Roll 4x 1d10 torpedoes
Roll 2x 1d10+1 arty
Roll 1x 1d10 cobra thermite rockets

We'll get those resolved then use more if needed.

4 torps (2 per jelly) taking these.

Edit: each ate a torp, unless these are "wierd" they should be hosed.
BadKatt85 threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: torpedoes away! Total: 15
6 6 1 1 6 6 2 2
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: torpedo misfire Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
No explosions. These are conventional artillery not Elite.

Other than that though, stellar performance. 3 shots / 3 units of Deep One Heavies eliminated.

The Rig appears to have weathered the worst of it; danger is clear (for now. :drevil:)
Doesn't that 10/crit mean one of them will be Elite now? Or is it multiple crits to upgrade a Conventional?

Doesn't that 10/crit mean one of them will be Elite now? Or is it multiple crits to upgrade a Conventional?

During downtime (immediately following combat) all units that ACTIVELY participated in combat roll 1d10.

On a 'natural' 10 (sometimes a 9 will also suffice if the unit is the veteran of -many- combats QM discretion) the unit becomes 'eligible' for Elite status, then it falls to the players to name and give some visually distinctive cue (unit patch, distinctive paintjob to units vehicle, and sometimes a nice backstory blurb) to the unit securing their elite status, then I as QM will assign a UNIQUE perk that defies easy duplication that reflects that units unique identity.

Plan: I'm perfectly okay with it (Highwind/BadKatt) - Fort Pulaski portion
Ft. Pulaski - eels must die, to ak fire use as many indiv. soldiers as needed. Arty dogpile on Hvy Deep ones and any remaining eliminate deep one infantry. I'd like to reserve as many AKP's to over watch once known living threats are made non-living. Use individual 'lone gunman' as needed to slap down infantry.

4 Shrieking Eels (to eliminate the -2 malus as long as they live and shriek)

Let's start with the partial platoon Roll 4x 1d10, hit on 7+ due to eels sonic malus. (But you have up to 4 intact AKP units to draw from; IE. 40 individual soldiers if need be).

Survivors take the shot. Mine.

edit: 3 of 4 Eels sushi ready... not too shabby. :)
BadKatt85 threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Got any eel sauce? Total: 28
7 7 7 7 5 5 9 9

Last edited:
Do we still get to roll to kill the last eel? Because Inalready have a name for the roll block in that case. :V

Eels are eliminated, Please roll 2x 1d10+1 for EACH Deep One Heavy brfore they Eel you again :sad:. (Total of 4 arty)

Once those rolls are made, prioritize any surviving heavies with 'lone gunman' recoilless rolls -> If heavies dead there are a buttload of deep one infantry 10 units each with 10 frog soldiers.

Lone Gunman roll 1d10, hit on a 5+ (does aoe of 1d10 casualties) You just roll and I'll apply and do the bookkeeping.

Roll upto !!! 39 !!! as needed ( platoons of men each individual equipped with a gustav should be freakin scary in 1vs1 combat)

lets do them in chunks of 5!

These were AKP's vs frogs because i get excited... 5 go boom!

Edit: 4 hits, 1 misfire

Misfire :cry::cry::cry:

Rolling casualty counts for the 4 hits.
BadKatt85 threw 5 10-faced dice. Reason: gustav go boom! Total: 29
8 8 5 5 9 9 1 1 6 6
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: misfire Total: 1
1 1
BadKatt85 threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: casualties aoe Total: 27
5 5 7 7 8 8 7 7

Last edited:
(OOC) Buy you books, send you to school. Explosives involved she just goes crazy... :facepalm:

I'll resolve Badkatts Rolls once someone rolls the 4 art vs Heavies.

Eels are eliminated, Please roll 2x 1d10+1 for EACH Deep One Heavy brfore they Eel you again :sad:. (Total of 4 arty)
Rolling Arties!

(OOC) Buy you books, send you to school. Explosives involved she just goes crazy... :facepalm:
To be fair, explosions are the one thing that will always make people go crazy whenever they're involved. :V

Edit: Jackpot!
Highwind threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Shooting at Lefty Total: 11
4 4 7 7
Highwind threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Shooting at Righty Total: 14
7 7 7 7

Last edited:
Thank you Highwind;

To be fair, explosions are the one thing that will always make people go crazy whenever they're involved.

She was the kid voted most likely to maim herself or her siblings when given fireworks (4th of July here in the USA) :wtf:

With the Artillery making clean kills, the Gustavs function perfectly. You cannot prevent stupid, train as long as you like and there will -ALWAYS- be one idiot that 'forgets' they are recoilless because as they fire the rocket back blast is vented directly behind you... This misfire is that idiot.

Rolling 1d4+1 friendly forces caught aflame by not clearing your six before firing.

2 of the surviving 4 that so heroically did away with the Eels are engulfed... now only 2 brave souls remain.

4 units of Deep One infantry are battered mercilessly
DO-#1 (5/10 remain)
DO-#2 (3/10 remain)
DO-#3 (2/10 remain)
DO-#4 (3/10 remain)
Smithsguild threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: burn baby burn... Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
My suggestion is spread the love around to unscathed units first, maybe we can break their morale if we don't wipe them out cleanly.

The opposite school of thought is equally valid, eliminate whole units then move on... Thoughts @Highwind ? Others please weigh in, your opinions matter!

Edit: if these 2 survive the whole battle and make elite I want Lemming themed names :drevil:

Last edited:
Back