Roll 7-8 aimed at Rgt Main
Roll 9-10 aimed at 'Fat boy'

(OOC) happy hunting!
Rolling for the last 2.
KnightDisciple threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Trigger Twins Total: 10
9 9 1 1
KnightDisciple threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Trigger Twins Hit Loc Total: 9
9 9

@KnightDisciple Lol, when using k-scale does it really matter where you hit?

Think you may have meant misfire
A particularly dedicated QM could probably have the Hit Location rules remain in effect when infantry units are fighting API-level enemies, because technically the only difference between human-sized combatants fighting each other and K-scale ones doing the same is their size. One could also just use all K-scale combat rules, including stat points, reactions and all that, by just having the regular troops share a statline as part of their standardized training.

Though at that point you're nearing Dwarf Fortress levels of stupidly precise status tracking, and it's really not worth the effort.

@Cmd. Frost I will back your other votes -IF- I can get you to switch Engineers to Support, with our recent influx from the Dams, we are atm good for engineers. Support we are light on, especially medical support like Mash or dedicated Medivac helos, we only have 1 resupply unit, and I am intrigued by Smiths mention of a Logistical unit.

Med units increase survival odds of our precious elites as well as Convs.

Okay, I changed swapped them.

The AKP's fire with the coordination of an experienced platoon on the commanders "Fire!"command, with no early shots, no one lagging behind. The first clue the Widowers have that they're spotted is rolling series of explosions.

The two small flankers are missed cleanly, the one on the left is sent tumbling but other than that is unharmed, but of the main group all 3 and the massive leader lagging behind are all obliterated. The one flanker on the right, charges and leaps clearing 20 feet in a bound trying to clear the stream to get among the soldiers.

The leap is successful, but this is coastal Georgia in the rainy season, what should be soft ground and shallow water is a morass of orange clay and pond scum, a body impacting from a twenty foot leap -SINKS- heavily. With it's momentum broken furthering it's charge is out & unsticking it's legs becomes it's priority.

--------------

At the rig, the auto-sentries prove their worth. The heavy collapses with an audible thud, the barrel of his organic bazooka is twisted as well by the impact of the .50 caliber rounds that play over the Diver's deck. In an office high above a soldier comments "I love monitoring these guns remotely, it's like watch a live play through on Twitch!" there is supportive laughter that follows.

------------

(OOC) Gathering my thoughts, Fort Pulaski up next... (I may turn in early however. It has been a long day)

Right, its been ages since I was last around,can someone fill me in on what has happened recently?

Right, its been ages since I was last around,can someone fill me in on what has happened recently?
The Mist critters tried to reenact Eight Legged Freaks, but we murdered the snot out of them.
We wiped out a couple Deep One groups.
There was an aerial battle between giant Anteverse wasps and a group of sturgis, but we also murdered the snot out of them.

The borrowers are still alive.
The Deep One Elders are still somewhere out there.

@dgr11897 Highwind -IS- minimizing it a bit...

There is also credible intelligence that TWO Sammaels are currently lurking in Mist form in the thickest (Zero Visibility) Mist Phenomena to Date.

This is part of a coordinated push by Charleston in coordination with the Great Old Ones (through Servitors). It has included Cyborgs in Powered Armor, Reaper Drones dropping chemical weapon payloads, and a combined artillery and tank column of unknown size. Charleston is utilizing E-Warfare and the Northern guard troops are currently operating under full radio jamming.

And that is only what is VERIFIED.

Edit: I believe Highwind meant burrowers (Tremors inspired Graboids) NOT borrowers (3" people that steal whatnots around the house...) ;) :V:V:V

Last edited:
Below is a map of Fort Pulaski. Green lines are a sizable moat, Red is a 2-3 story Fortification (Fort Pulaski), Blue Squares Deep One Infantry, Purple Pentagons Are the Deep one Heavies.

Write up in the morning... if RL permits. (You have 4 individual 'soldiers' on overwatch not units)
you can attempt "Lone gunman style attacks" but although the damage IS k-scale it is more localized and will not necessarily wipe the entirety of the targeted unit out.

Last edited:
[X] [Hunter Airbase] 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment (United States)
[X] [Hunter Airbase] 3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (United States)
[X] [Fort Stewart] Cavalry Regiment
[X] [Fort Stewart] Engineer Battalion

[X]3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (United States)
[X]3rd Combat Aviation Brigade
[X]Cavalry Regiment
[X]Support Battalion

Cmd. Frost was promised Badkatts support (Her arguments to sway him to change from Engineers to support and promise are here)

[X] [Hunter Airbase]1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment (United States)
[X] [Hunter Airbase] 3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (United States)
[X] [Fort Stewart] Cavalry Regiment
[X] [Fort Stewart] Engineer Battalion

The only unit I neglected to detail is gaining popular support LOL.

3rd Combat Aviation Brigade home of the 'Falcons'

I'm almost scared by this one... Noted for flying the AH-64 Apache Longbow. Heavily armed and armored, with advanced sensors and fire control radar, designed to be compatible with manned-unmanned teaming (MUM-T) most notably involving Apache attack helicopter pilots being able to control MQ-1C Gray Eagles. MUM-T provides the attack helicopter community greater situational awareness, real time battlefield video, and a common shared picture with troops on the ground. This capability increases an Apache crew's coordination with other aircraft and Soldiers they support in battle. Apache is the first helicopter to utilize this technology./L-3 COMMUNICATIONS GRAPHIC

Signal and intel sharing with drone allowing hand-off of missiles to engage NLOS (non-line of sight) targets.​

[X]3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (United States)
[X]3rd Combat Aviation Brigade
[X]Cavalry Regiment
[X]Support Battalion

The only unit I neglected to detail is gaining popular support LOL.

3rd Combat Aviation Brigade home of the 'Falcons'

I'm almost scared by this one... Noted for flying the AH-64 Apache Longbow. Heavily armed and armored, with advanced sensors and fire control radar, designed to be compatible with manned-unmanned teaming (MUM-T) most notably involving Apache attack helicopter pilots being able to control MQ-1C Gray Eagles. MUM-T provides the attack helicopter community greater situational awareness, real time battlefield video, and a common shared picture with troops on the ground. This capability increases an Apache crew's coordination with other aircraft and Soldiers they support in battle. Apache is the first helicopter to utilize this technology./L-3 COMMUNICATIONS GRAPHIC

Signal and intel sharing with drone allowing hand-off of missiles to engage NLOS (non-line of sight) targets.​
Totally random question, How many microwaves are in fort Pulasky? And do we have any beer bottles there?

Heh, I figured the COLT (from Rangers) would be a shoe in, a spotter who can both laser designate with GLTD for accurate weapons and act as a forward observer for indirect fire weaponry. But seeing the Apache Longbow

o_Oo_Oo_O carry on

Totally random question, How many microwaves are in fort Pulasky? And do we have any beer bottles there?

That -does- seem totally random.

Are you talking individual frequencies, or warm my Ramen appliances? And about the beer bottles with an alert going up as fast as it did with this Mist I'm sure no one policed the last poker game, so more than a few... :V:V:V

That -does- seem totally random.

Are you talking individual frequencies, or warm my Ramen appliances? And about the beer bottles with an alert going up as fast as it did with this Mist I'm sure no one policed the last poker game, so more than a few... :V:V:V
Any kind of microwave, all it needs to have for it to work for my idea is its transformer and its magnetron.

Alright, let me explain what I am thinking, Charleston is employing cyborgs and drones right? Well, I think we can make an EMP generator, or at the very least, an anti personnel microwave beam. You see, it turns out you can make a pretty good capacitor out of a beer bottle and some salt water. And the transformers on a microwave are pretty powerful. We might need a few more components in order to get an actual EMP rather than a tesla coil, but since we would probably want to be doing this in Savannah anyways that shouldn't be an issue.

Alright, let me explain what I am thinking, Charleston is employing cyborgs and drones right? Well, I think we can make an EMP generator, or at the very least, an anti personnel microwave beam. You see, it turns out you can make a pretty good capacitor out of a beer bottle and some salt water. And the transformers on a microwave are pretty powerful. We might need a few more components in order to get an actual EMP rather than a tesla coil, but since we would probably want to be doing this in Savannah anyways that shouldn't be an issue.

I am for researching a directional emp, that sounds like it would be right up the high energy labs alley.

However I think finishing up the research on jets that can fly with these particulates trumps all other projects as that should give us air superiority.

(OOC) Just sharing some more 'neatness' on the Apache Longbow. I'm a military technology fan boy and if you've survived the quest this long at some level you probably are too... This would make the Apache in a similar league as the Warthog for mission survivability.

It is a 3 hardlinered armor, the inner cockpit section made of a full single titanium alloy "bathtub" covering both pilots, followed by a middle liner of ceramic plates, which caused trouble first after a single shot they would break apart and lost all its protective abilities, they avoided that by covering these ceramic plates with kevlar/aramid that was glued on tight and the outer liner which gives the aerodynamic shape and is made of aluminium alloy with a boron carbon liner in it. The Apache uses about 90kg of armor per pilot.

Last edited:
Back