Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

[X] Ak to the brainpan. No more grapples.

-----

@Smithsguild , with the elimination of Mr. Bitey. I -think- that concludes everyone/thing at impact point.

If I'm not mistaken that still leaves Whitecap Triton, (in the study) at the beach, (with a lead pipe) Unloading with his torpedoes batteries again vs.
17 surviving Deep One units.

Re: Whitecap and his torpedo batteries. He has 4 batteries (2 in his chest, 2 in his torso) versus K-scale opponents he fires any batteries used (between 1-4) all at same target but each dice rolled rolls its own hit loc. The spread is a dbl sized spread (six torps) justifying the 2x 1d10. Example: 1 battery fires roll 2 to hit rolls, each success rolls a hit loc. So an Alpha strike with all 4 batteries = 8x 1d10 possible to hits.

When used versus conventional's / SSC's the battery targets a unit and delivers a K-scale strike versus all forces in that unit. And yes that means upto 4 targeted units. Torps are considered to be command detonated.

So 4 K-scale attempts vs ?2? units of Deep Ones. Each get 2 salvos.

And I think that would resolve the 'Good Guy' turn across all theaters.

Surviving bad guys by theater -
Northern Border Guards - (Facing unknown #'s of Artillery and Tanks) The one Reaper Drone Spotted was successfully eliminated.
Due to successful destruction of Bridges, opposing forces are now forced to take a lengthy detour and come by inland highway route.

Oil Rig - (Unknown # aquatic lurkers) The inbound wave consisting of 4 of 5 Deep One heavies were successfully destroyed. 1 Remains.

Fort Pulaski - Grey Widowers inside the Fort were eliminated; 2 Deep One Heavy units & 10 Deep One infantry still threaten to swarm the battlements
(4 individual AKP soldiers are on overwatch)

Savannah - Whatever Whitecap fails to kill (out of 17 Deep Ones)

I know Mom beat you up today smiths , so I did YOUR heavy lifting today... (don't get to comfortable, it's not going to be a habit :p )

Spending 4 advantage points to splatter Mr. Bitey the Widowers brains.

Rolling Wrist mounted AK

Edit: Shit! Rolling misfire die
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Dakka to the head Total: 1
1 1
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: misfire Total: 5
5 5

Mister Bitey, is proving just how hard a Grey Widower can be to kill in close combat.

Rather than risking any more effort in ripping the beast limb from limb the AKP who has hands on applies the barrel of the Wrist mounted AK to the side of his and with an embarrassing 'schlock' the weapon jams.

(OOC) 3 soldiers are in close proximity.

Any ranged attack that misses risk cluster damage, but the jackets are armored and give the wearer enough Durability to shrug off a SINGLE Hvy SSC attack (say like an AK blast). What do you do Councillors?

I'm of a mind to

[X] 'Shoot the hostage' if need be...

Roll attacks 1-by-1, if we miss and then accidentally clip the cluster (contains grappler & 2 paralyzed as possibilities) they will survive first botch as all are jacketed.

@HolyDragoon I will now roll for the clustered 'potential victims'.

Edit: The Grappler was HIT! the Combat jacket bears the brunt, the Grappler is shaken but retains his Grasp!
Smithsguild threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: cluster Total: 5
5 5

Last edited:
Roll a 2nd attempt? statistically with 3 potential cluster miss targets the odds of the Grappler taking a shot are low... not impossible but low.

[X] No, I meant the OTHER hostage... (2nd attempt)

I am game. Someone else feeling 'lucky'? (I need a second or two sensible people vote me down /shrug)

[X] No, I meant the OTHER hostage... (2nd attempt)

Fuckin' arachnids. My original priority for Magic research was the Elder Signs, but I'm starting to think a bug spray spell would be better.

The next wrist-mounted AK Chatters and is on target, the Widowers carapace shatters under the hammer blows of 7.62 rounds impacting in a lethal burst.

The Impact Site is clear, now to signal the Jumphawk for retrieval, there are two paralyzed men in need of medical attention, a barely functional combat Jacket to be serviced, and the Capture teams brought in to secure an Albino Widow for later research.

(OOC) My funnest battle in the Quest Personally. An interesting mix of foes, some serious 'Oh Shit Moments', dazzling performance sweeping all fliers from the skies. This is what I prayed for when I opened the Quest... Thank you all!

Gone to bed on a high note, tomorrow Whitecap defends the beach!

Good Morning Questors! When we last left our Merry Band of defenders, all theaters had been cleared -except- for Whitecap acting in defense of the beach, toes in the sand of Tybee Island seaward side of Savannah's defensive perimeter. The Deep One infantry have narrowed the distance to only .5 km offshore. (First use of shiney new map - hold your applause :p)

Targets are at Eastern 4F (10 Deep Ones), and 4 more at Eastern 6F (7 Deep Ones) a hit with K-scale damage will easily obliterate all traces of a deep one presence.

(OOC) clarification on torpedo batteries, 4 Batteries exist, each battery is (2) independently target-able but the firing circuits are hard wired for the Battery. (Jaeger design is for primary Kaiju targets). So 1 target of conv scale? minimum fire is 1 battery (of 2x 1d10 torps), 2 targets may fire 1 battery; and each gets a 1d10 cluster of torps
So 4 K-scale attempts vs ?2? units of Deep Ones. Each get 2 salvos.

Do you mean fire only 2 Batteries, one per target (equaling 4x 1d10 attack rolls) 2 attacks per target, or Alpha with all 4 batteries, 2 per target (equaling 8x 1d10 attack rolls) 4 attacks per target?

(OOC) I know my phrasing and explanation skills are crap, but maybe the examples make my point clearer?

You are clear as mud, lol. :???:

I -get- it, but I've grown up decoding Smith-speak.

[X] 2 batteries fire, 4 dice to roll, 2 on each target
(conserve ammo - bigger wave yet to come featuring elders.)

Taking this one:

Battery#1 firing on Eastern gridded map, coordinates 4F (10 deep ones)

Edit: Sushi anyone?
BadKatt85 threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: torp battery Total: 9
5 5 4 4

(OOC) Fish in a barrel /smirk, I just get a kick at some of these rolls titles.:)

The almost palpable waves of joy of accomplishment, radiate through the drift from the novice pilot Jeffery Noble, the Hardboiled marine his senior chair and co-pilot cannot help but break his game face facade and grin just a little bit too.

(OOC) It will be this afternoon at earliest for me to detail the actions of the nasties. But a write up is inbound... soontm​.

Back