Magical Girl Escalation Taylor (Worm/Nanoha)

A spell behind Petty Cure is Telekinesis-related.
I hope it's A Certain Magical Railgun, a weaponised telekinesis that let Calamity Witch to turn any random chunk of rock into mass-weapon, in case a target is immune to energy attacks.

Wanting a mystery box opened is at least something I can understand, in theory..... I don't quite get why people would be eager for Petty Cure on its own. (Its main use seemed like hiding cape life from Danny, which uh... was never relevant if he was a;ways getting QA in first two chapters :p and we haven't seemed to need to hide like that afterwards)

But I don't know what exactly I'd hope to find behind it. Railgun is....another attack, when I don't see in its description (may have been answered before) that Telekinesis can't already do that, especially if say using Telekinesis to wield a hard-light or mass-shifting weapon made by Gadgeteer :p ..... in case we have an enemy immune to energy attacks (and we can't get around it by say making Flare Shooter pure-force with minimal or no fire) .... and we also don't think Ring Bind/Frost Beam/etc + Samantha Assist is sufficient.... and we also don't want to hit it with Mistelteinn (because people aren't voting for that :cry: )

That seems majorly niche useage??

Maybe some of the others voting for Petty Cure can speculate on what sort of telekinesis-branch spells we might hope to find ? I'll go peek at Nanoha wiki... (seventh google result for "nanoha wiki telekinesis" is.... This Thread xD and a post by me, so may be targeted result)

That means for offense, a 125 pound rock floated over somebody's head? 125 pounds of knives flying at them? For defense, a big old slap of concrete. Ooh, or better, a screen of 125 pounds worth of concrete chunks. To capture somebody, 125 pounds of wire fence wrapped around them.

Relevant though, Telekinesis is already inherently weaponized. So maybe something like multi-targets or other AoE upgrade, or a thing like a gravity-well-generator (but that is a muddy potential overlap with Temporal Sludge and Bind Mine in a sense...).

Not seeing much that fits in TK without already being another skill (theres some variations on Temporal Sludge and Recursion Field in the wiki, for example).

Last edited:
In his office was that Hebert girl and her pet Case 53, an energy blade attached to the side of her staff. Her he could manage, but next to her was the true elephant in the room. Chevalier had his trademark cannonblade braced against his shoulder.
There were multiple comments like this in the Coil PoV. I have to wonder, did Coil have some painfully inaccurate intel on Calamity?

He was repeatedly dismissive of her, in ways that suggest he was completely unaware of her demonstrated skills and abilities. Not just the unknown stuff he couldn't know about. I mean the publicly known stuff, that she's demonstrated on joint missions with the Protectorate.

There were multiple comments like this in the Coil PoV. I have to wonder, did Coil have some painfully inaccurate intel on Calamity?

He was repeatedly dismissive of her, in ways that suggest he was completely unaware of her demonstrated skills and abilities. Not just the unknown stuff he couldn't know about. I mean the publicly known stuff, that she's demonstrated on joint missions with the Protectorate.
Save scuming is a mind warping power.

It must of warped his mind good. He was in the same room with a Flying Brute, holding a plasma cutter, that's known for firing off tactical nukes ... and he thought the guy with the fancy sword was the only real threat?

That is some shit threat assessment skills.
To be fair, the nukes part isn't relevant since she is in the same room as him and presumedly don't want to nuke Chevalier. He may just assume that since that's her strongest weapon she isn't as dangerous in melee than one of the best melee fighters in the country.

Taylor's firepower doesn't really matter.
She's an independent hero. Her reputation is damaged by association with a violent group like the Privateers. She doesn't have close ties with the PRT/Protectorate. Calvert, meanwhile, is the PRT team leader.
She found out Coil's identity and that's pretty bad, but it's unlikely she shared it with the PRT.

So, Coil could have safely got some information out of her and then close the timeline.
Meanwhile Calvert could have used this information to goad Taylor into committing "unprovoked attack on the PRT team" and then spin a narrative in his favour.

"Calamity Witch appeared in the city she never been before without warning and attacked a really dangerous villain without any coordination with the PRT. That was incredibly reckless, did she not care about collateral damage and bystanders' safety at all?
When the PRT officer tried to gently point that out to her, she attacked him with preposterous accusations that he's actually a villain. WTF is wrong with her? Maybe she decided to follow her friends-Privateers footsteps?"

At worst it would have given Coil a time to save his assets and get away. At best Calamity would have been branded as villain and her accusations forgotten.

But Calamity is accompanied by Chevalier, the Philly's Protectorate leader.
Which means she did share his identity with the PRT, and there is no way for him to wriggle away except drop everything and run.

It must of warped his mind good. He was in the same room with a Flying Brute, holding a plasma cutter, that's known for firing off tactical nukes ... and he thought the guy with the fancy sword was the only real threat?

She could play whack a mole all year and not nail him. Coil is a target that requires multiple simultaneous deep strikes to capture. He is justifiably dismissive of any single physical threat because he'd always be on the path not taken, and the search space expands logarithmically the longer he stays uncaught.

Last edited:
As much as I really want Divide Energy for the mystery box, it's no where close to the lead and Shell Barrier would give us a lot more utility. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Shell Barrier one of the few spells that can stand up against a Buster attack (unless it's Nanoha who's firing it with her Befriending trait ;))?

[X] Shell Barrier

Closing the vote now. Character sheet will be updated in a couple of minutes, and the AAR will come out towards the end of the week, probably Thursday or Friday.
Adhoc vote count started by Silently Watches on Jul 24, 2018 at 6:33 PM, finished with 87 posts and 36 votes.

Back