Magical Girl Escalation Taylor (Worm/Nanoha)

I still think Laura should get an Iron Defender, and that won't be an additional character.

And Missy deserves to get a Familiar in Zeus.

I would like for Kayleigh to get a Gear Beast too, but it's not strictly necessary.

I still think Laura should get an Iron Defender, and that won't be an additional character.

And Missy deserves to get a Familiar in Zeus.

I would like for Kayleigh to get a Gear Beast too, but it's not strictly necessary.
This I what I want to, and I will ensure we're capable of it at the next spell vote. However, the Iron Defender will be a character, as it's a variant of the Familiar Spell so the machine will gain a level of sapience.
I suppose. Worth noting that they CAN talk and have independent thoughts. Be hard for them to be analogues of GBs/Familiars if they couldn't.

How long do these last?
Doom and polymorph effects last about an hour. Time stop lasts a minute or two.
Is this a specific alternate earth?
It is NOT a specific alternate Earth. It just shunts them somewhere random for about a minute. Interestingly, if someone else is trying to teleport themselves or another target to a specific dimension, this will provide a bit of extra oomph.

You know, with how varied her possible effects are, Kayleigh could actually wind up being the most fun to level up. While I'm unhappy we don't have all four templates, that's more my OCD speaking than issues with what Kayleigh wound up with.

I understand the aversion to adding more characters to our core list, as we already have 6 full combat Mages, two non-combat support, two Gears, and two UD, and that's not counting the pure civilians like Kurt, and allies like Pentagram. My desire to add more in the form of GB's et. al. is partly that, if I were part of this group, I'd want everybody to have one. They're just too useful, though not everybody would even want one; there are lots of ethical considerations in uplifting animals/machines to make them devoted servants/slaves, after all, and some people would want to avoid being that closely tied to anybody.

@Silently Watches When it comes to spending Gear/TG build slots for designing new bullets, do the slots need to all be in a single voting block?

No, I meant something more along the lines of, could we spend two build slots one week, then another slot in the next week's vote? I'm fairly certain you'll say yes, but would rather find out ahead of time.
Because this is a single purchase, I'd prefer it to be done within a single week. We can discuss it in more depth should it become an issue. Of course, considering one of the reasons we went this route is because no one wants to use Tim's build slots to do this in the first place...

The caliber of the rounds depends on the gun they are made for, so if you wind up giving Kayleigh a grenade launcher or assault rifle or something, you'll have rounds of the same type but different calibers and tracked separately.
Sooo... this means that if we build Kayleigh a Magnhild-Expy, we won't have to spend extra build slots crafting specialized, non lethal-explody-fragmenting grenades for her to use as long as she has already "Unlocked" the appropriate ammunition type? Or are certain ammo types going to be caliber-restricted unless researched/modified-arms acquired still?

If it's the former rather than the latter than I can already think of several ways to make Kayleigh a frightening force-multiplyer through the use of different weapons such as the mentioned grenade launchers, magi-ammo enabled recoilless rifles, anti-material rifles and so on that weren't available before...

It is NOT a specific alternate Earth. It just shunts them somewhere random for about a minute. Interestingly, if someone else is trying to teleport themselves or another target to a specific dimension, this will provide a bit of extra oomph.
Interesting... Very interdasting... So, you're saying that Plan: Endbringer Shunt could be assisted by Kayleigh, preferably with a suitably large and Very long range rifle, tagging the target Endbringer in addition to the mages working on the forced-teleport spell? If so, then you might want to limit this mechanic to only a single "Round" is able to contribute to the effort because "Magic Handwave" or whatever, since all it would take to work the plan then would be a single mage with the forced dimensional teleport spell and arming everyone at the endbringer fight with mass-produced mana-bullet pistols (preferably with a built in self-destruct device like in Dragon's armbands) with a single teleport round in the chamber.

Because this is a single purchase, I'd prefer it to be done within a single week. We can discuss it in more depth should it become an issue. Of course, considering one of the reasons we went this route is because no one wants to use Tim's build slots to do this in the first place...

There's enough interest in getting Kayleigh a Gear specifically for making new bullets, with this redesign of how we're handling it, that I thought it likely we'll wind up there at some point. I don't foresee spending Tim's slots unless we have some reason to believe a particular exotic effect that we don't have will be important in the next build vote.

Sooo... this means that if we build Kayleigh a Magnhild-Expy, we won't have to spend extra build slots crafting specialized, non lethal-explody-fragmenting grenades for her to use as long as she has already "Unlocked" the appropriate ammunition type? Or are certain ammo types going to be caliber-restricted unless researched/modified-arms acquired still?
I'm leaning towards the former right now, though I might have one of the options of her weekly purchase vote (i.e., when she learns new spells or new bullet types) be converting one or two ammo types from one caliber to another.
Interesting... Very interdasting... So, you're saying that Plan: Endbringer Shunt could be assisted by Kayleigh, preferably with a suitably large and Very long range rifle, tagging the target Endbringer in addition to the mages working on the forced-teleport spell?
It would need to be a very big round, but yes, if you are willing to spend the XP I'm willing to let her contribute.

Last edited:
It would need to be a very big round, but yes, if you are willing to spend the XP I'm willing to let her contribute.
So, probably something even larger than a .50 cal... Most likely something more in line with what you would fire out of a Lahti L-39, the Anzio 20mm, Denel NTW-20, Solothurn S-18/1000, Istiglal IST-14.5, or the RT-20. We're talking seriously OP Anti Material weapons here, which, against an Endbringer is sortof fitting...

I wonder if there are any other magical rounds that could be scaled up to the 20mm that would be effective against Endbringers...? Not an insta-kill shot, but maybe something that could stagger one without having to go total Nuclear Option at Breaker level...?

Realign 14.23
A (somewhat belated) Happy New Year's to you all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[] Bone of the Father, part 4 – You managed to cut the Wolfheads down to just two capes, at least as far as you're aware. Strike while the iron is hot and don't give them time to recover.

Realign 14.23

Thursday, September 1

Your foot twitches as you wait impatiently. Tim had finished the last of the Devices you needed to create Sarah's template yesterday afternoon, and when you questioned Perfect Storm he mentioned that he would need a full twenty-four hours to process the five Armed Devices into her template. That meant you had a day where for the first time in nearly eight months, you had to go to school without your Device around your neck.

You would not tell anyone if they asked, but this day has been the most stressful school day you have had since you became a mage. You did not realize how much comfort you derived from its light weight, but once it was gone you do not know whether you will ever be able to stand being without it again. Even if in the grand scheme of things one single day is not very long.

Thankfully, the school day is over and you are back in Dragon's workshop tapping your fingers on your leg as the gigantic gleaming metal crescent of Immortal Assimilation Engine chews through the gears and code of the other Devices and repurposes them into the new template. You had asked Perfect Storm just how that process actually worked, and his explanation was so far over your head that you let it go and instead decided you would rather just wait for everything to be over.

"Is all this almost done?" Laura complains. She tosses a ball up and down in the air as she lies flat on a bench. She looks almost normal, or would were it not for the metal mask covering her eyes and the long blue hair that come with her Device's armor. "I thought this was supposed to be, you know, quick. Tim already built everything her Device needs."

"Templates aren't the same as normal Devices. They do a few extra things, like giving people Rare Skills." And increase the size of somebody's Linker Core, you think but do not add out loud. That aspect of templates is not one you have really gone into detail about with the rest of the team. Partly because you do not know how to bring it up, partly because it would not benefit anybody else on the team except Kayleigh who is already fine with her low-ranked Core, and partly because even after Standstill's unmasking Missy and Laura have yet to accept her. Standstill has by necessity spent a lot of time with Tim and Dragon from what you've heard, but she told you she is also spending time with Director Paulson from the local PRT and has even met with Chevalier a time or two to get information on Philadelphia's cape scene specifically. Whether she has asked about you, she did not say and you do not know.

What you do know is that trust has to come from somewhere, so you have so far accepted her at her word.

While you are thinking, there is no further comment, and you turn your head from left to right to look at the Protectorate hero. She sits in a chair unmasked, her eyes not looking at you and Laura but instead at Immortal Assimilation Engine's massive bulk. "Sarah? You okay?"

"Huh?" She blinks and glances towards you. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

"Really? Because you don't look like it."

Cat Sith snickers at Sarah's other side, and the older heroine slaps her without looking backwards. "I'm as fine as I can be," she amends. "It's just… This is a big change. Once I get a Device, that's it. There is no going back."

You nod slowly. "Right. Are you having second thoughts? I mean, I know you said you were going to have to rebrand no matter what, but that doesn't mean you have to do this if you don't want to—"

"I do," she says before you can even finish your sentence. "I do want it. I'm just a little worried is all. Not even about changing my powers." Sarah looks down at her hands in her lap. "It's more… It has more to do with what Legend and Paulson told me about the PRT's mages and the plans moving forwards."

"What plans? You mean expanding the mage program to all PRT branches?"

"In a way. Apparently Legend and the Chief Director have already decided that capes belong to the Protectorate but mages belong to the PRT." Her smile is decidedly anemic. "Which means when I'm recalled from here, I'll be a member of the PRT. When – not if, when – my old identity gets out, I don't think I'll be all that well-liked by certain heroes. Several of my teammates back home already consider me a traitor. This will just double down on it."

Oh. That is one concern you had not considered, and what is more is that you have no idea what to do to help her. "That's… Yeah. I'd offer to let you stay with us if that happens, but I don't know how much that would help. It'd get you away from them, but it isn't like we can actually give you a job like the Protectorate does. We have the money from the bounties on the Fallen we took down"—quite a bit of money, actually, even after being split four ways—"but that isn't enough to pay a salary and benefits and all that other stuff you get from them for very long."

The sound of a tiny throat being cleared comes from behind you, and you turn around to find Dragon floating over in your direction with Missy and Kayleigh trailing behind her. Had they just teleported in? That was certainly a possibility. "About that. I, um, actually have a suggestion that could help. Something I've been thinking about for a bit but haven't found a good time to bring up. Kayleigh said something that made me think now was the time, and this just confirms it."

You shoot the gunslinger a glance, and she shakes her head. "All I said was I wanted to go to the press conference."

"You remember the tool Tim made to disrupt Grey Boy bubbles?" Dragon explains. "He and I are formally giving it to the Toronto PRT on Sunday. A press conference has already been organized, though the reporters do not know what is happening. Anyone who is not a reporter and not involved in the exchange would be notable, whether they made it clear they were a hero or just pretended to be a normal person."

"Aww. So I can't go?" asks Kayleigh.

"I didn't say that. You just shouldn't come as independents." The fairy woman takes a fortifying breath. "What do you know about corporate cape teams?"

Missy scoffs. "They're useless. They do public relations events to promote whatever company hires them. Sometimes they'll actually do something worthwhile like deal with criminals or join Endbringer fights, but mostly they're walking advertisements."

Something Dragon told you while you were all in Florida tickles the back of your mind. "Maybe not all of them. Didn't you say that Disney has their own villain team?"

"Suspected villain team as no one has any real proof, but yes. I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in becoming a corporate team. It would solve the issue of salaries should you wish to pursue professional cape work, and it could explain why you are at the press conference."

You nod your head. As corporate capes, it would make sense that Dragon would hire security for Tim and the Gears. The part you do not think you understand is why she would need to make such a display when undoubtedly the local Protectorate would be expected to protect the conference.

While you are mulling that over, Laura points out another complication. "Good luck with that," she says with a mocking laugh. "Remember that we made our debut murdering a branch of the Fallen, and if Cinder's true identity ever leaks out," she says with a meaningful glance in your direction, "that's more bodies added to the total count. Not exactly the kind of capes you want promoting your pop and tennis shoes."

Interestingly, Dragon does not immediately argue against Laura's points. Instead she just smiles innocently. "You're probably right about that. It's a good thing that was not the kind of company I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of one whose primary business is weapons development for the military and the PRT alongside other military-industrial pursuits. A company for whom hiring scary capes would be seen as a boon rather than a concern. And one that would be able and willing to provide legal protections in a worst case scenario. If you really plan on fulfilling your threat to hunt monsters, collateral damage is a distinct possibility, and having legal aid available and paid for by the company hiring you would be a nice safety net."

"What kind of company would that be?" Kayleigh asks in surprise. "It doesn't sound like someplace that would really want to hire capes. Or one that would have heard of us."

Dragon's smile grows toothy and knowing. "Oh, trust me. The owner of this company has definitely heard of you. I know most of you," she says with nods in your direction, followed by Laura and then Missy, "like your freedom and independence, but it is worth considering."

"What company are we talking about? That will likely affect our opinion," you tell her.

The fairy Tinker rolls one shoulder in a negligent shrug. "Oh, just a little Canadian company called Dragontech."

"You want to hire us?!" Missy demands while the rest of you splutter. That was not where you expected her plan to go, but the more you think about it the more your realize it is not without precedent. After all, she hired Tim for that same reason.

"Want?" Dragon wiggles one hand side to side. "Yes, but mostly because I want to help you how and where I can. Taylor and Tim did me a number of great services, so I am still in their debt, and I like all of you. It is not as if I lack resources, and in fact I have more capital than I can spend on my own. Helping out with any kind of financial needs you have would not be an issue for me, and outright hiring you makes the process to do that far simpler."

"…It would solve your salary issue, I guess," you finally point out to Sarah.

"What would you want us to do if we became a corporate team?" It does not shock you that Laura is the one who immediately looks for the hidden trick and trap in the offer. "You mentioned you were showing off your prototype computer last week. Do we have to do commercials or stuff?"

"What do you mean, 'have to do commercials'?" demands Kayleigh. "It's more like, 'can we be in the commercials please'."

Dragon shakes her head with a fond expression. "I doubt I would ask to you do much, honestly. I will say that I suspect if it becomes public knowledge that you are my personal team, as it would should you join Tim and me at the press conference, we might receive requests of a more paramilitary nature, or other corporations might ask for assistance or backup for their own teams. Those we would need to talk about, but I promise you that I would not force you to accept any of those offers." She gives you all a soft smile. "This really is far less that I need a corporate team and more that I'd like to offer help where I can."

You nibble on your bottom lip. On the one hand, this would solve the issue of paying Sarah if she does decide she wants to avoid being seen as a double traitor, and if the Wards are any indication, there probably would be some kind of salary for you as well. A bit of a side business while you are in college and deciding whether you want to go full-time hero or just do it occasionally would be nice to have. On the other hand, as much as you like Dragon personally and do not believe she would do this to take advantage of you, the idea of being hired out like a mercenary does not entirely sit well with you.

As if sensing your indecision, Immortal Assimilation Engine grinds and rumbles, and then the heavy bronze plates fall apart and collapse inwards. Two glowing objects streak towards you, one resolving into your familiar necklace and the other into a pale blue twist of crystal. It looks almost like a lightning bolt if you look at it the right way. You hold it out to Sarah. "Last chance to back out."

"Advise Guardian Beast Cat Sith change to pet form," Perfect Storm chimes in when Sarah reaches out to take the inactive Device. "Template installs Rare Skill. Alteration in mage's Linker Core can have negative effects on existing Guardian Beast. Reversion to base form limits risk."

You glance down at your necklace, and when you look back up Sarah and Cat Sith are sharing their own look. With an audible sigh the tiger-woman shifts into a small black cat, and the Protectorate heroine looks at you with a tight smile before reaching out and resting her hand over yours and the crystal held within. As soon as her fingertips make contact, she transforms into bright blue light.

This is not the first time you have seen somebody receive a template. You were there for both Tim and Lacey, even if in the end the latter template had not exactly stuck. Both times, the person receiving it was shrouded in bright light for a couple of seconds before reappearing. This time… is not like the others. The light Standstill became flickers, for lack of a better word, switching back and forth between the Device's light blue and her natural pink. Cat Sith falls to the ground and spasms, mewling loudly as the aura around her changes color in time with Sarah's own.

After far longer than it should have taken, the shell of light flashes even an even brighter pink and vanishes.

You have to blink several times, first to get the spots out of your vision and then to make sure you what you are seeing is real. «Is that what the Extinction Knight template normally looks like?» you ask Perfect Storm.

«Negative. Much different than baseline

Sarah raises her hands to take a closer look at them. Her torso is covered by something that starts off looking like a black turtleneck sweater, but only if the entire back and most of the sides had been cut out. Pink piping runs down the edges of the sweater-thing while a gleaming steel breastplate covers the majority of her chest. The hands she is so interested in are enclosed in solid, clawed gauntlets. Below the sweater is a metallic skirt that looks like it is made out of large scales, but most of that skirt except for the front is hidden by two panels of black cloth on the sides and back that reach down to the ankles of her shiny knee-high boots. Once again pink is the accent color for the panels of the part-skirts, though this time instead of simple piping there is a barbed wire design that runs along the edges.

She looks up at you, revealing the strangest mask you have ever seen anyone wear. Most of it looks like the top half of a metal skull, with her eyelids and nose painted black to fade into invisibility within their respective sockets. What makes it so different are the dark spike designs that point out from the middle of the eyeholes on both the top and bottom, and even more eye-catching than that are the twin antlers that stretch out from the sides of her forehead. Sarah lowers her hands and tilts her head. "What do you think?"

"It's definitely… different from what you used to wear," is about the nicest thing you can think to say off the top of your head.

Laura, for better or worse, does not have such reservations. "Holy shit, girl. I realize Taylor and Scarlet look like they're competing to see who can look the most evil, but that doesn't mean you need to outdo them both."

Sarah only shrugs. "What I wore before was a compromise between me and the Imaging department," she says mostly to you. "It's nice to get to wear what I want, and my tastes run a little… darker than most. I'm well aware of that. The sword is a nice touch, too," she says as she pulls her weapon away from one of the metal plates holding the left-sided skirt panel onto her top. The swords is mostly straight except for the curve near the tip, and the grip itself is shaped very similarly to a pirate's cutlass with a pointed blue gem at the pommel. She gives it a few experimental swings, and as she does arcs of electricity dance up the length of the blade. "Very nice."

"What are you going to name him?" Kayleigh asks.

"I don't know," she eventually answers. "For myself, I decided I might as well take back the name Thirteenth Hour. It was what I called myself when I…" She blinks and looks at all of you, and for a moment you think she will leave it there. Instead she takes a moment and rallies. "When I was a member of the Adepts. That's part of why my old teammates don't exactly trust me. If I turned villain once, what's to say I wouldn't do it again."

Her back is stiff and straight, clearly bracing herself for judgement and condemnation. Not from you, not when you already know this, but she does not know the past of the others. True to her word, she must not have not gone digging in the week since her arrival.

Missy and Kayleigh are silent, but after a pause Laura sighs. "That's not a problem with us. You aren't the only person here who has a checkered background, I guess you could say."

Perfect Storm chimes, and you sigh when you see the notification he displays. "But maybe keep that quiet for now. We don't care, but the people we need to meet up with probably would.

"The PRT's mages are moving out against the Wolfheads."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are used to seeing criminal bases set up in warehouses, and as you look down at the large cluster of storefronts you have to admit that it is much easier that way. It keeps villains all in one place where it is easy to take them out all at once. "I'm glad we decided to work together," you tell the agents-turned-mages. "Either one of us going alone to do this? I'd like to think we'd succeed, but it would be more complicated and take a lot longer."

"Agreed," replies Alpha. "Thankfully this time we have more information about where they are and who they are. Our informant was quite helpful in the end."

"Informant?" Missy asks.

"Cricket." Your head whips around to stare at the agent. "She was already suspicious that one of the capes Gesellschaft sent to 'help' was actually there to take over the gang entirely. It didn't take much to convince her to flip on them in exchange for a lighter sentence. She was a wealth of information after that. Between her and Interpol Scélérat, we actually have good intel."

A multitude of screens appear in front of her, all of them featuring a slideshow of pictures and blocks of tiny text. One takes center stage and expands to show the woman with the blue armor you saw the last time your two groups teamed up. "First up, the familiar faces. Flimmern is a grab-bag cape, well-known to be loyal to Gesellschaft's cause. Her powers individually aren't too bad, but put together they are an issue, which I think we have already figured out."

Echo nods his head, his hand tightening on his sword.

"She's a short-range teleporter primarily, but she can electrify things she touches including her sword. She also has small shields that will stick around for a few seconds, and if she catches you with them you have either physically break out or wait for them to fade on their own. Cricket also called her a 'haughty bitch', so you might be able to taunt her into making a mistake, but that could also just be Cricket's opinion. She was working on making the local gangers listen to her, which is why Cricket thought she was trying to take over.

"Next is a local, but possibly the most dangerous of them all." The next screen shows the metal boy you saw a few times, the images depicting him as first metal then wood then plastic festooned with holes. "Gestalt, a Breaker/Trump. According to Cricket, he got his powers during the breakout from Brockton Bay. She wasn't forthcoming about whether he was in Brockton Bay and is a Ziz-bomb or whether he came to help, which is concerning all on its own. We already know that he can take different forms, and she confirmed that each form has its own powers. Again though, she was quiet about just how many forms he has. We have confirmation that metal means he's a Brute who can grow in size, wood lets him fly and teleport, and plastic lets him shoot out sonic blasts."

The screen that follows shows a man in a cartoony skull mask, the same one you and Laura drove into the ground. "Wahrheit. Basic Brute as far as we can tell, but one who likes torture. He'll probably try to play with his food, which we could take advantage of. We thought he was buried in the rubble of the warehouse," she adds looking at your team, "but when cleanup crews got there they could not find his body. Since they found the other gang members, we have to assume he survived and dug his way out.

"The next two are also Brockton Bay specials even if they're technically Gesellschaft operatives." Two screens take the place of the previous one. The screen on the left shows a male figure in an all-concealing white outfit while the right screen shows a woman in a black version of the same costume. "Fog and Night. Both Breakers, Fog turns himself into a cloud of toxic smoke while Night becomes a highly lethal blender of a monster whenever she is out of eyesight. They work well together for that reason, Fog hiding Night within himself so she can kill without anyone ever seeing her."

Their screens retreat. "The rest are all straight from Europe. Krähenmord"—a cape wearing a black cloak and a plague doctor's mask comes into view—"is a Shaker/Master combo. He creates minions shaped like birds that fly around and harass his foes. Not very powerful on his own, but his ability to control the battlefield plays too well with many of the others' power sets.

"Gespenst." This cape is dressed in white like Fog, though it is more of a traditional bodysuit plus a long cape. What is distinctive about his outfit is the almost turban-like hat he wears over a full face mask. "Another Breaker. When in his other form, he is essentially intangible and can 'possess' objects. Cricket's words, not mine." Alpha shrugs. "She never saw him in action, but Interpol says he can make machines drive themselves and stuff like that.

"Barbar and Schütze." Two more screens drift forwards, one with a man in a brown costume with an actual bear skin draped over one shoulder and the other a woman wearing a midnight blue dress speckled with silver stars. "Brother and sister team. He's another Brute, but this one grows claws and fangs. She is a Blaster, tends to be more of a hit-and-run fighter. It's why she and Barbar work together so well."

A wave of Alpha's hand dismisses the screens. "Those are all the capes we know about. Cricket said Flimmern was in contact with the higher ups in Gesellschaft, so there might be one or two capes who have shown up she doesn't know about. They have operations in three of the buildings: the construction store, the outdoor sporting store, and one of the office buildings." She points at each building in turn. "From what Cricket paid attention to, Flimmern spends most of her time in the office building, but she didn't know much more than that. Even that isn't a guarantee."

Bravo, Alpha's second-in-command, pulls up a screen that shows a map of the complex. "After reviewing the information, our plan is to split our forces. Not optimal, but it is a necessity. The last thing we want is for all of us to go into one building as a single force only to run into one cape. Any fight could easily alert the rest that we are here. We need to attack all at the same time."

"Charlie, Sword, and I will move into the office building to try locking Flimmern down. Bravo, Delta, Shield, and Rifle will take the sporting store. Echo and Foxtrot, you have the construction store with Mask and Tome backing you up." Alpha looks to you, her head turning the slightest bit towards Thirteenth Hour before returning to you. "We have a basic idea of your team's capabilities, but use your best judgement for who will do the most good where. Particular with your newest member."

"Standstill" evolved into "Thirteenth Hour"!

You guys have asked for "divide and conquer" fights in the past. Here you go. :D And yes, I know I put way too much thought into villains you'll likely only see this once.

[ ] (Taylor) Construction store
[ ] (Taylor) Sports store
[ ] (Taylor) Office building

[ ] (Samantha) Construction store
[ ] (Samantha) Sports store
[ ] (Samantha) Office building

[ ] (Missy) Construction store
[ ] (Missy) Sports store
[ ] (Missy) Office building

[ ] (Laura) Construction store
[ ] (Laura) Sports store
[ ] (Laura) Office building

[ ] (Kayleigh) Construction store
[ ] (Kayleigh) Sports store
[ ] (Kayleigh) Office building

[ ] (Sarah and Cat Sith) Construction store
[ ] (Sarah and Cat Sith) Sports store
[ ] (Sarah and Cat Sith) Office building

Last edited:
[X] (Taylor) Office building

[X] (Laura) Sports store
[X] (Kayleigh) Sports store

[X] (Missy) Construction store
[X] (Samantha) Construction store
[X] (Sarah and Cat Sith) Construction store

Both of the non office teams seem to be going to the sports store.

Even if Dragon is nice I don't think we should become a corporate team just for Thirteenth Hour. That girl keeps being trouble.

We get her back to yo Protectorate, she doesn't fit in. We teach her magic, it gets worse. We waste a very precious template in her, she wants a salary. Is all take take take with her.

I'm surprised Thirteenth Hour isn't being told to sit this one out until she's got at least a few days' training under her belt with her new capabilities...

As far as corporate teaming goes: I think it's fine. In the end, the main effect will be that Taylor doesn't need to worry about money as much as she might otherwise.

I can't say that I care overly much for who goes where...

[X] (Taylor) Office building

[X] (Laura) Sports store
[X] (Kayleigh) Sports store

[X] (Missy) Construction store
[X] (Samantha) Construction store
[X] (Sarah and Cat Sith) Construction store

I am totally supporting of Taylor and company working for Dragon. The main result would be that they could be full time heroines while not working for the Protectorate and not having to worry about money. I literally see no downside to this at all.

Also, as someone who speaks basic German, I love the Geselleschaft cape names!

For those of you who don't know German:
Flimmern: Flicker (possibly a different meaning, but I'm guessing this is what you were going for)
Gestalt: Shape/Guise
Wahrheit: Truth
Krähenmord: Not a direct translation, but I'm pretty sure you're going for "a murder of crows" here, which fits the power exceptionally
Gespenst: Spectre
Barbar and Schütze: Barbarian and Shooter

Back