[] Plan Preparations, Politics and Research
-[] But I Can't, Not Now.
-[][Faith] Healing For All! (-10 Materials)
--[] +5FF
-[][Diplomacy] Train The Infiltrator-Corp - (Expanded) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Martial] Decimate The Blight - (1 Unit Tech-Scouts)
-[][Learning] Tailor Your Messages - (Psychology/Culture) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (SO-02) - (2 Turns) - (House Mirn support: N) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] A Farm For Starters - (Extremely Fertile Farmland) - (Ashleaf Trees) - (2/3 Turns Harvest)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Basic (-20 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Establish Another Small Hospice - (1/2)(Mirn)) - (-3 Materials)
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Daycare) - (-5 Materials, 1FF) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
-[] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[] Selling Artifacts - (Broken Diode, Fancy Dress, Moldering Comic)(+1.08)
--[] Buying Goods In Bulk - (Iron Mine)
-[] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Free Action)
--[] A Helping Hand - (Base) - (Burned Theory On Cloning/Advanced Medicine)
-[] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
--[] Suffer Their Arrogance - (-6 Materials, 1 FF) - (0/4 Turns Complete)

I added the Choice into the plan because I use 2 Personal actions.
This plan tries to reduce the Unionists to under 50% so we get a Herbalists Union that should over half be made of people that like us (Relations over 0). It also starts the labs, the training of a scientist, and projects to help people (Hospice/Daycare).
The Personal actions were chosen because they can either use the +40 bonus(Another Small Hospice=30% succes chance) or because they reduce the Piety loss every turn. The Living Quarters - Grand would be started next turn.

And now a version that starts the living quarters expansion this turn.

[] Plan Preparations, Politics and Home Renovation
-[] But I Can't, Not Now.
--[] +6FF
-[][Learning] Tailor Your Messages - (Psychology/Culture) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (SO-02) - (2 Turns) - (House Mirn support: N) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] A Farm For Starters - (Extremely Fertile Farmland) - (Ashleaf Trees) - (2/3 Turns Harvest)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Basic (-20 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Living Quarters - Grand) - (-10 Materials) - (0/4 Turns Complete)
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - Translations For Beginners - (Linguistics) - (Untranslated Book On Chemicals)
--[] Selling Artifacts - (Broken Diode, Fancy Dress, Moldering Comic, Rotating Piston)(+3.10)

This plan requires us to sell a bit more but gets the Living Quarters started this turn. However, it doesn't help the poor or reduces Piety loss. It does help with A Grand Step(45% success chance) though.

Whatever we do
[ ] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Free Action)
-[ ] Study Sessions
[ ] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
-[ ] Suffer Their Arrogance

are essential, we've been putting them off for long enough.
Suffer Their Arrogance makes sense but Study Sessions can wait until we kicked the Unionists a bit. The weaker they are, the cheaper the action becomes. It's also not like we have a place for the doctor to work at, yet. :V

Edit: I replaced (A Grand Step) with Translations For Beginners - (Linguistics) - (Untranslated Book On Chemicals) to translate our last untranslated book. Also, because that action has a success chance of 40%, so the +40 from using a Personal action helps.

Last edited:
If we're not marrying her this turn, I really think we should use a We Are One People campaign on the elites. With our piety bonus that's a 90% chance go succeed.

@karmaoa

Personal Actions are treated with a priority for free use. Using them for multi-turn purposes will free them once an action in the used category is free. So yes, you can use them, I will automatically slot the actions around next turn.

It says that those are big money sinks, we can't afford them in the near future.
Given that the reward for that action is "Can construct a school and orphanage.", I suspect it simply unlocks more options. But I could switch it for something else, maybe High-End Introduction - (Church of Eden)? That action doesn't need the +40 but it would give us some information about the church.

Or maybe another Learning action? We have a few with low success chances that would be more likely with the +40.

And if I already mention Learning actions; I'm surprised Keeping Cool has such a low success chance. An Icebox is literally just an insulated box filled with ice. I guess that action could research some of the more complicated forms of cooling...

And if I already mention Learning actions; I'm surprised Keeping Cool has such a low success chance. An Icebox is literally just an insulated box filled with ice. I guess that action could research some of the more complicated forms of cooling...
[ ] Keeping Cool - (Electrical/Mechanical)
We've done basically no research on electricity and yes I'd prefer a learning or introduction action. We aren't lacking on faith options so using an action to unlock more actions that we probably we won't use for a while isn't productive.

The problem with using ice is such: you have none.

To ellaborate: the seasons on Calynth are as follows: Hot, Very Hot, Hot, and Slightly Less Hot. The climate of the planet can be summarized as Australia+.

Ice and Snow are things most people barely know of, some even say that "frozen water" cannot exist.

[] Plan Marriage, Politics and Research
-[] And I Will Do So Properly, With All That It Entails.
--[] +6FF
--[] Selling Artifacts - (Broken Diode, Fancy Dress, Moldering Comic)(+1.08)

This plan swaps out the two personal actions in order to hold the wedding. If the Blightdogs keep escalating then we may need to spend more actions dealing with them next turn, so I'm not sure if we'll have a better time to hold the wedding in the near future.

It might be worth it to get married this turn due to the foreshadowing: whatever they plan to do likely is something violent that involves the mutated and if the mutated love us we may be able to convince them to not go along with it.

aww yeah,new update coming soon
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 85
85 85
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 89
89 89
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 73
73 73
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 13
13 13
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 26
26 26
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 44
44 44
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 83
83 83
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 88
88 88
armentho threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 49
49 49

[X] Plan Marriage This Turn
-[X] And I Will Do So Properly, With All That It Entails.
-[X][Faith] Establish Soup-Kitchens (Bulk)(Mirn) (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[X][Diplomacy] Train The Infiltrator-Corp - (Expanded) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[X][Martial] Decimate The Blight
-[X][Learning] Tailor Your Messages - (Psychology/Culture) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (SO-02) - (2 Turns) - (House Mirn support: N) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Living Quarters - Grand - (0/4 Turns Complete)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] A Farm For Starters - (Extremely Fertile Farmland) - (Ashleaf Trees) - (2/3 Turns Harvest)
-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[X] Buying Goods In Bulk - (Iron Mine)
-[X] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
--[X] Suffer Their Arrogance

[X] Plan Preparations, Politics, and Research
-[X] But I Can't, Not Now.
-[X][Faith] Healing For All! (-10 Materials)
--[X] +5FF
-[X][Martial] Decimate The Blight - (1 Unit Tech-Scouts)
-[X][Learning] Tailor Your Messages - (Psychology/Culture) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (SO-02) - (2 Turns) - (House Mirn support: N) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] A Farm For Starters - (Extremely Fertile Farmland) - (Ashleaf Trees) - (2/3 Turns Harvest)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Basic (-20 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Establish Another Small Hospice - (1/2)(Mirn)) - (-3 Materials)
-[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Daycare) - (-5 Materials, 1FF) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
--[X] Selling Artifacts - (Broken Diode, Fancy Dress, Moldering Comic)(+1.08)
-[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Free Action)
--[X] A Helping Hand - (Base) - (Burned Theory On Cloning/Advanced Medicine)
--[X] Suffer Their Arrogance - (-6 Materials, 1 FF) - (0/4 Turns Complete)

It might be worth it to get married this turn due to the foreshadowing: whatever they plan to do likely is something violent that involves the mutated and if the mutated love us we may be able to convince them to not go along with it.
Why is it likely something violent? The foreshadowing explicitly states that Lady Maranica has enough blackmail to "start a civil war". If they wanted to start something violent, that should be more than enough.

It's probably something most nobles wouldn't agree with, given that the stealth guy didn't think of himself as a noble and wants the nobles distracted, but that could be just about the balance of power between the nobles and the emperor.
The most likely thing I can think of is that the internal security of the Empire intends to recruit some Mutated because of the Evertorch debacle.

Anyway, I don't want to do the marriage this turn because we have no way to find out how the Church of Eden is going to react or how we can counter any plans they make. We know they are going to hate it, but what are they going to do about it?
So; I would like to infiltrate them before the wedding. Probably do a We Are One People! action with the Locals, too. While I doubt that the wedding can worsen the general opinion of the Locals to -2, the wedding and actions from the Church of Eden probably could.
I'm somewhat worried about that, given that -3 means purges.

honestly,as much as i want to marry selene,it would be painting a target on her back

Anyway, I don't want to do the marriage this turn because we have no way to find out how the Church of Eden is going to react or how we can counter any plans they make. We know they are going to hate it, but what are they going to do about it?
So; I would like to infiltrate them before the wedding. Probably do a We Are One People! action with the Locals, too. While I doubt that the wedding can worsen the general opinion of the Locals to -2, the wedding and actions from the Church of Eden probably could.
Infiltration and We Are One People! both require quite a long time to complete (3 and 4 turns respectively). Waiting for either of those to finish would require delaying the wedding for at least a year, or possibly even longer if any rolls fail. That seems too much of a delay for me.

Infiltration and We Are One People! both require quite a long time to complete (3 and 4 turns respectively). Waiting for either of those to finish would require delaying the wedding for at least a year, or possibly even longer if any rolls fail. That seems too much of a delay for me.
Why is that too much of a delay? It already took three turns until we got this option. It's also not like the relationship is going to end if Martyris doesn't marry her as fast as possible.
Doing this without any preparations, on the other hand, could have serious consequences for the Mutated population in the city. We know the Church of Eden is going to hate this and they will do something about it.

Not so sure why people are voting for marriage right now when we don't have a cushion of relationship points to take the brunt of the relationship drop.

that thing is

delaying the wedding one year or two vs facing a highly likey attempt at linching and overall setback of pilgrim social figths

Ugh, ok. Let's assume Plan Marriage This Turn wins. What happens after that?

Establish Soup-Kitchens (Bulk)(Mirn) is going to lock our Faith action for three turns, so no Healing For All!. There also aren't any actions against the Herbalists' Unionists so their plans of "Curtail Your Influence" are probably going to succeed because we will be too busy dealing with the Church of Eden. We can work around this with Personal actions, to an extent. Still sucks for the Healers though.

Train The Infiltrator-Corp is going to finish this turn so we get a free Diplomacy action. If the Church already started its smear campaign we probably have to take We Are One People!. Probably with some form of - to the dice because they will work against us.
That means no Infiltrate or Unity Of Purpose outside of Personal actions; not that Infiltrate will be useful if the fighting already started and we probably have to focus on the Church, so the Herbalists can do whatever. We will need an Investigate from the Adventurers Guild to figure out what's going on.

Martial, Learning, and Archeology probably won't be too important during the conflict with the Church of Eden. If a Martial action is required we fucked up anyway. There is also the chance that the Blightdog problem could get worse...

That leaves the Tree of Knowledge category. The Living Quarters expansion would have already started and we would have one free action, but we probably won't have enough Materials to start any big projects. We also might need the Storeroom expansion and the Medical Wing...

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by HeroCooky on Jul 31, 2020 at 11:02 AM, finished with 12 posts and 7 votes.

• [X] Plan Preparations, Politics, and Research
    -[X] But I Can't, Not Now.
    -[X][Faith] Healing For All! (-10 Materials)
    --[X] +5FF
    -[X][Martial] Decimate The Blight - (1 Unit Tech-Scouts)
    -[X][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Basic (-20 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
    -[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Establish Another Small Hospice - (1/2)(Mirn)) - (-3 Materials)
    -[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Daycare) - (-5 Materials, 1FF) - (0/2 Turns Complete)
    --[X] Selling Artifacts - (Broken Diode, Fancy Dress, Moldering Comic)(+1.08)
    -[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Free Action)
    --[X] A Helping Hand - (Base) - (Burned Theory On Cloning/Advanced Medicine)
    --[X] Suffer Their Arrogance - (-6 Materials, 1 FF) - (0/4 Turns Complete)
    -[X] And I Will Do So Properly, With All That It Entails.
    -[X][Faith] Establish Soup-Kitchens (Bulk)(Mirn) (0/3 Turns Complete)
    -[X][Martial] Decimate The Blight
    -[X][Tree of Knowledge] Living Quarters - Grand - (0/4 Turns Complete)
    --[X] Suffer Their Arrogance

Back