Changing Destiny (Kancolle)

I found some pictures of Soviet ship girls that people on this thread might have an interest in seeing. Personally, I can not wait to see Soviet shipgirls appear in the story although that will not happen for a very long time.

Kantai Collection Spring 2017

These pictures are from Victory Belles, which is another web ship girl video game that would be coming out later this year I believe.
I like the pictures since you can't really find any pictures of Soviet Shipgirls.
Victory Belles

Last edited:
There was also a great deal of overconfidence within German High Command and Hitler's inner circle about how easy it would be to defeat the Soviets. This opinion appeared to be justified thanks to Marshal Tukhachevsky's prosecution of the Polish-Soviet war of 1920-21. However, the same war gave the Poles an overinflated sense of competence in their generals as well. Leading to 1939 and all that jazz.

There was also a great deal of overconfidence within German High Command and Hitler's inner circle about how easy it would be to defeat the Soviets. This opinion appeared to be justified thanks to Marshal Tukhachevsky's prosecution of the Polish-Soviet war of 1920-21. However, the same war gave the Poles an overinflated sense of competence in their generals as well. Leading to 1939 and all that jazz.
Not to mention the Soviet's disastrous performance during the Winter War.
I believe that Hitler was actually impressed by the Soviet Military after seeing a Soviet military parade after the conquest of Poland. But this changed after the Soviets suffered humiliating defeats at the hands of the Finns, despite winning the war in the end.
Thus, the Germans continued to underestimate the Russians although the Russians had learned from the disastrous performance in Finland and were undergoing various military reforms.

Last edited:
...Why do the pants have cutouts?
I have no idea.
I was hoping that someone here could answer that although I think that it was just the artist.
Personally, I think that the uniforms would be great if they were wearing real trousers.

Edit:
I have found some more pictures of various ship girls from Victory Belles. Personally, I really like the design of the HMS Belfast., she really looks like an Irish beauty. I really hope we can see her in person in this fic.
More ship girl art in this link.
Deadspika's DeviantArt Gallery

Last edited:
If the KGB and SS gets confirmation about ship girls, how long until there are purges because of 'lack of ideological fervor' or similar? The real question becomes what side manages to mess up the most, and how fast. A moderate mess early in the war can have more of an impact than a big mess near the end. At worst, things like "Were there jews/capitalists involved in the construction of this or that ship?" starts getting thrown around.

US shipgirls probably won't be in real trouble until the communist craze and Nixon enters the scene. Unless the religious angle explodes, of course. It could.

For all nations, a couple of the 'from another country' ships could end up in big troubles, sadly - a few of the ships in the Japaneese fleet comes to mind with Russian or British roots. In the US, it might result in some reordering of some ships (Ex-German? Send to the Pacific. Ex Japanese? Send to the Atlantic.), but not much more really needed unless they go pants-on-head retarded.

The British have enough of a glorious naval tradition that most of them probably should handle the whole shipgirl thing pretty well. "Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:"Britons never will be slaves." etc. At worst they just need to drag out those 2.45 million"Keep Calm and Carry On" posters that were made in 1939 and not used before rediscovery in the year 2000. Keep Calm and Carry On - Wikipedia

Last edited:
"No matter what my personal feelings are, we need to do what we can to save Germany. I won't let my own biases blind me, and I won't try to help the war in the East. But I will not let Germany be divided again." Schreiber looked over his shoulder, one last time. The lines on his face were deeper than they were before, but the hesitation had faded away to be replaced with the determination that had let him stand, face to face, with Adolf Hitler. "I believe it's time we got another message to Herr Oster, don't you?"
Aw, so Schreiber is working with that German general.
Wow, i am glad that he is putting his up-time knowledge to good use.
General Oster was one of the most morally up-standing generals to have ever served in the German Wehrmacht. He was sent and later executed at a concentration camp after his anti-nazi activities and his efforts to save Jews were revealed.
Hans Oster - Wikipedia
Will Schreiber meet more members of the Oster Conspiracy? As well as members of the July plot?

I have no idea.
I was hoping that someone here could answer that although I think that it was just the artist.
Personally, I think that the uniforms would be great if they were wearing real trousers.

Edit:
I have found some more pictures of various ship girls from Victory Belles. Personally, I really like the design of the HMS Belfast., she really looks like an Irish beauty. I really hope we can see her in person in this fic.
More ship girl art in this link.
Deadspika's DeviantArt Gallery
Awesome! Belfast especially looks like a true Irish lady!

Guys, I don't think posting Victory Belles pictures is very on-topic. Especially since, IIRC, Sky is one of the people who doesn't like the design philosophy.

That would be a yes.

It's rather saying something when- to use an example -I prefer FAT STACK barely-wearing-anything Pacific Lex because she at least looks like a lady. Instead of gender-flipped Elmer Fudd.

I'm not going to stop people from liking what they do (like I even could) but I'm not a fan. None of those designs will be used.

About the only time I used something other than official KC art to describe a shipgirl was when I wrote about the arrival of Warspite (this was before she'd actually made an appearance in the game) and when I summoned Nevada (I used Warship Girls art to describe her).

Kentucky and Hawaii come to mind.
Hawaii iirc got used as a target? While Kentucky was eventually broken up because she was no longer needed. They didn't tear her apart when she was almost done building to try and make her a carrier.

Seydlitz was like 80 something percent complete when they started to convert her. Then stopped. Then abandoned her to their enemies who used her as a target. Royal Sovereign was an R-class BB that the brits loaned to the Russians. By the time they finished with her, her main battery was rusted in place and the ship was in such bad condition she was scrapped on site instead of moved back to Scapa Flow. Milwaukee was much the same, though she at least got to go home before being scrapped.

95% complete, actually. The one picture we have showing her entire hull (that I've seen) shows everything but possibly one of her aft turrets. Quality means it may just be well camouflaged. Left like that for a couple years, torn apart (everything but her stack) to become a crappy carrier- just twenty planes -and then abandoned in that state for a further two years. Before scuttling, and then being raised and scrapped by the Soviets.

Being (Hipper)Seydlitz is suffering.

95% complete, actually. The one picture we have showing her entire hull (that I've seen) shows everything but possibly one of her aft turrets. Quality means it may just be well camouflaged. Left like that for a couple years, torn apart (everything but her stack) to become a crappy carrier- just twenty planes -and then abandoned in that state for a further two years. Before scuttling, and then being raised and scrapped by the Soviets.

Being (Hipper)Seydlitz is suffering.
Not that being Imperial!Seydlitz was a spring picnic, either. The scuttling couldn't have been fun, nor the pounding she took at Jutland, though that last, at least, was her fulfilling her job.

Hawaii iirc got used as a target? While Kentucky was eventually broken up because she was no longer needed. They didn't tear her apart when she was almost done building to try and make her a carrier.

Seydlitz was like 80 something percent complete when they started to convert her. Then stopped. Then abandoned her to their enemies who used her as a target. Royal Sovereign was an R-class BB that the brits loaned to the Russians. By the time they finished with her, her main battery was rusted in place and the ship was in such bad condition she was scrapped on site instead of moved back to Scapa Flow. Milwaukee was much the same, though she at least got to go home before being scrapped.
No, but Hawaii was stopped when something like 85% complete, left to sit for a few years, then they started tearing her apart--including removing all her guns--to convert her into a missile cruiser. Only to have that stopped before they could start the reconstruction portion because the budget wouldn't allow for it, then she sat around for another ten years and was finally scrapped in the late 50s.

So other than the final fate, Seydlitz and Hawaii had much the same life...

And Ark Royal is here. Which comes around to...

Sky in his first Brit Carrier description said:
Or her camo-patterned tunic and shorts combination clothing.

Stop reading my mind KC artists!

(alternatively, keep reading my writing KC artists)

:V

Back