Congratulations to Avalanche for creating a work of such cultural significance! I owe him special thanks in particular, as reading this quest inspired my own creativity and contributed greatly to the path I've taken in life. Without BAHHSCQ, who knows whether I would've gotten into questing and long-form writing for as long as I did (and may yet again), or been so motivated to make a mod based on it that I got briefly Internet famous? All I can say is, cheers mate! \o/

@Tayta Malikai
Finally! I come here to ask you about the dev details of this terra invicta's Valkyrie core mod.Accroding to the update 0.4 of the TI base game, I am eager to learn about your mod's development progress.Could I have right to take part in the test?;)
(BTW,the pathway of me to find your mod is by a friend in another chating software,therefore I have no knowledge about you:cry:)
Welcome to the forums! I think I answered your query in another avenue already, but I figured I might as well take this opportunity to write a bit about how the mod's going, as it's been quite a while since I last wrote one.

Long story short: progress continues to be made at a slow and steady rate, with work continuing on major features of the mod: faction storylines, terrestrial warfare and rebellions, the United Nations, and the Antagonists.

This has been greatly assisted by our helpful group of alpha testers, who reported many bugs and made a fair few suggestions that yours truly worked tirelessly to address. We almost got a tester all the way from the start through to the end of the game, which is a pretty neat milestone if you ask me! Sadly, we ran out of time for alpha testing, as Terra Invicta updated to its long awaited 0.4 build and promptly broke the mod in all its glory. It's mostly fixed now, but since the base game got overhauled so much anyway, right now we're taking the opportunity to do a bit of refactoring and reworking of our own. Messy code I wrote a year ago when I didn't know what I was doing, features that were supposedly implemented but actually never worked, that sort of thing.

Storyline text, narrative events, and other forms of content are likely to remain a stumbling block, as we don't currently have any writers working on the project, and there are only so many hours in the day to do things. I suppose it's fitting that no writing is happening in a fan work based on BAHHSCQ. :V

It's also going to be a while before we get around to re-implementing a proper space layer, that is to say, one with cool and exciting battles between spaceships that go pew pew. This is because Terra Invicta is an incredibly hard sci-fi game and all the Template entries for space weapons and equipment are filled with a zillion variables which I don't understand, let alone how they might compare with the technology available in the quest.

That's all I got for now, hopefully I'll have a more substantial and elaborative update for you all in due season. In the meantime, some screenshots of things being worked on behind the scenes:

Back