Gotta admit, I would love to see Cain swept up into Pandy's entourage with his usual luck - only this time, his boss understands exactly what she's doing.

Comedy gold, right there.

Cain (Outside): I would be honored my lady.
Cain (inside): Fraking WARPSHAT I'M RETIRED! Leave me alone! I've provided your dad enough entertainment over my life!
Pandora (Outside): Thank you again for your service
Pandora (Inside): … I feel bad but I can tell he's way too useful to stay retired…. And his adventures are too amusing

"If I had known the pretty girl I found wandering the Underhive was in fact, Pandora Cadmus, the Imperial Regent herself, I would have jumped into the nearest nest of genestealers with nothing but Jurgen's body odor at my back!"

Real talk though Caiaphas would be a great fit for the spirit of this quest. Despite being a Commissar he's not the kind of person that shoots guardsmen reinforces discipline by in a fair and reasonable manner, he treats people with respect and like people.

He's a Hero despite what he thinks of himself and represents a "Better way" for Comissars as he tries to teach his students to follow his example in not being stereo typical execution happy commissars.

heck it brings in Amberly as we'll whom is a reasonable Inquisitior

"If I had known the pretty girl I found wandering the Underhive was in fact, Pandora Cadmus, the Imperial Regent herself, I would have jumped into the nearest nest of genestealers with nothing but Jurgen's body odor at my back!"

To be fair, that's a pretty good idea. Jurgen is an excellent soldier, and between that and Cain's own combat prowess I'd give them pretty good odds.

Real talk though Caiaphas would be a great fit for the spirit of this quest. Despite being a Commissar he's not the kind of person that shoots guardsmen reinforces discipline by in a fair and reasonable manner, he treats people with respect and like people.

He's a Hero despite what he thinks of himself and represents a "Better way" for Comissars as he tries to teach his students to follow his example in not being stereo typical execution happy commissars.

heck it brings in Amberly as we'll whom is a reasonable Inquisitior

Although how Cain gets to that point is a little infuriating (and suicidal if anybody knew), he's not wrong that, while there are times that being a trigger happy Commissar is necessary, on the whole it is better to be known as the not unreasonable hardass who maintains discipline and morale. Less 'executing for failing to salute' more 'welcome to latrine duty'.

Last edited:
To be fair, that's a pretty good idea. Jurgen is an excellent soldier, and between that and Cain's own combat prowess I'd give them pretty good odds.

Although how Cain gets to that point is a little infuriating (and suicidal if anybody knew), he's not wrong that, while there are times that being a trigger happy Commissar is necessary, on the whole it is better to be known as the not unreasonable hardass who maintains discipline and morale. Less 'executing for failing to salute' more 'welcome to latrine duty'.

I mean when you've fought space marines, brood lords and all manners of other horrors some genesteeler hybrids are just a wonderful distraction from the plot… until it drags you into the plot kicking and screaming.

Exactly.

Use him and Amberly to demonstrate that no not everyone in the imperium is Grimderp to Pandora.

hell maybe even have Cain look utterly confused about her talking about the old "kill everyone whom fought chaos" thing the grey knights mentioned. And have him go " Uhhhh my lady… that's never been standard policy. If it was Caida would have been burned to the ground every other week. I've worked with regiments whom have fought off traitor Space marines and actual Demon princes multiple times.For your father's sake some of the men I served with actualy helped me kill a demon prince and walked away free of taint. I fear you've been talking to ultra-puritanical Emperor bothers. We're not all crazy"

a chat with the Hero of the Imperium might cheer her up something fierce

Hmmmm Okay now giving Cain serious consideration.

we know he's writing his memoirs and teaching 999.M41 we also know that he was still doing stuff during the black crusade as it pulled him out of retirement.

So as of current 2.M42 he should still be on Perlia or close to it. Which puts him near Tau space… which is also right next to Ultramar? Huh never realized that the Tau where so close to the ultra smurfs.

anyways that puts him on the normal Imperium side of the Rift and a LONG ways away from the action here. Unless he got pulled towards Caida during the black crusade and got swept into the relief fleet but that's a long ways away from where he normally kicks around in.

so unless somebody starts shit over there that the boys in blue can't handle he's unlikely to get involved unfortunately.

Then again we have anywhere from 1-2 hundred years to play with and longer if he gets special attention juevnat treatments.

Hmmmm Okay now giving Cain serious consideration.

we know he's writing his memoirs and teaching 999.M41 we also know that he was still doing stuff during the black crusade as it pulled him out of retirement.

So as of current 2.M42 he should still be on Perlia or close to it. Which puts him near Tau space… which is also right next to Ultramar? Huh never realized that the Tau where so close to the ultra smurfs.

anyways that puts him on the normal Imperium side of the Rift and a LONG ways away from the action here. Unless he got pulled towards Caida during the black crusade and got swept into the relief fleet but that's a long ways away from where he normally kicks around in.

so unless somebody starts shit over there that the boys in blue can't handle he's unlikely to get involved unfortunately.

Then again we have anywhere from 1-2 hundred years to play with and longer if he gets special attention juevnat treatments.
There's always timey wimey warp bullshit. Alternatively, he could have tripped into a stasis chamber

Alright, so Cain is almost definitely up and kicking SOMEWHERE in the galaxy (probably treated as a Commisar Lord, whether he is one or not), buuuut, what about Jurgen?

I don't know about you guys, but it always felt like Jurgen was written about past-tense, with fond reminiscing about him. Or, to be more frank, it seemed as if Jurgen was dead by the time Cain started writing his memoirs.

...Actually, that's another thing! Pandora could get a hold of Cain's uncensored autobiography! In theory, anyway, she has more then enough clearance to stroll through that juicy piece of gossip-fodder.

3265 In practice though, who would slip it to her?

Last edited:
Alright, so Cain is almost definitely up and kicking SOMEWHERE in the galaxy (probably treated as a Commisar Lord, whether he is one or not), buuuut, what about Jurgen?

I don't know about you guys, but it always felt like Jurgen was written about past-tense, with fond reminiscing about him. Or, to be more frank, it seemed as if Jurgen was dead by the time Cain started writing his memoirs.

...Actually, that's another thing! Pandora could get a hold of Cain's uncensored autobiography! In theory, anyway, she has more then enough clearance to stroll through that juicy piece of gossip-fodder.

3265 In practice though, who would slip it to her?
It's never stated outright, but the tone I've gotten from the Cain books I've read (which is most of the series, though I need to get the 3rd omnibus at some point) is that the only person he knows and cares about that's still alive when he's writing at least the bulk of his memoirs, is Amberly. Who outlives him (not that she seems to like that idea).

Also, poor Dante. The burden of responsibility is heavy. Clearly he should have a couple of buddies helping him through this. Maybe one's a friendly rival? Named Vergil?

...Why are you booing me???

He's only dead in the sense that there was a funerary service held. According to the Great Bureaucracy of the imperium, he is missing in action.

Pandora's Servant Sheet - Who?
Pandora Cadmus
Descended Goddess of Sacrifice
Class: Archer

Parameters
Strength: CAgility: B
Endurance: C-Mana: A+
Luck: ANoble Phantasm: C (EX)

Class Skills
Independent Action: A-
It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. Usually at Rank A, it would be possible to stay in the world for a week without a Master, however Pandora will expend magical energy freely to help people, so it is reduced to about four days.

Magic Resistance: A
Cancel spells of A-Rank and below, no matter what it is. The Servant is effectively untouchable to modern magi. A Goddess of forty thousand years, her resistance to magecraft of lesser Mystery is immense.

Personal Skills
Information Erasure: B-
One forgotten by the world - after an interaction ends, things like her abilities, true name and features are wiped from the memory of the other party. This Skill does not affect enemies. However, tracking her is very difficult.

The Goddess expects neither thanks nor acknowledgement from those she aids - she is remembered only by those who wish her dead.

Goddess Divine Core: - (D-)
A Skill signifying ones status as a god. A compound skill containing Divinity, it prevents interference with the body and mind, and maintains the current form regardless of the bearer's own wishes.

By default, this skill is sealed, and its true rank has been reduced, otherwise Pandora would not be summonable at all. Once activated, Pandora will be forcibly desummoned within four days, and her connection to her Master is cut, rendering her unable to receive magical energy. However, she is able to burn parts of her Saint Graph to increase her statistics, as well as upgrading the rank of her Magecraft and Noble Phantasm and unlocking her second NP.

Clairvoyance: EX
A high level of visual acuity, improving both the distance one can see and the quality of their dynamic vision. At high ranks, the bearer can be capable of both foresight and x-ray vision. At this level, Pandora possesses "Eyes that Can See Through The World" and is capable of seeing any location in the present, even into other realms.

Unknown Magecraft: B+ (A+)
Possesses knowledge of an unknown type of Magecraft, that seems orientated to the destruction of "demonic" spiritual entities, not unlike the Baptismal Rites of the Church. When her Divine Core is activated, its efficacy increases by a rank.

Noble Phantasm
Antigone
- I'll Stay With You, Forever
Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Army)
A simple and practical Noble Phantasm, which seems to be made of a single branch of a tree. The arrows fired by Antigone have homing properties - though not true autonomous tracking, in conjunction with Pandora's Clairvoyance, the effect is the same. It is a highly efficient, if unimpressive Noble Phantasm.

However, Antigone assumes its true form once Pandora activates her Divine Core, as it crystallizes and glows with radiance. Upon True Name Declaration, Pandora can "mark" as many targets as she wishes, after which each will immediately be targeted with the fate of "struck by an arrow". The arrows Pandora then looses will indeed, hit their targets, from any range, through any defence.

However, Pandora can only mark each target once, and each arrow is relatively weak - though sufficient to slay a Master, Pandora's scruples make her reluctant to do so.

Pithos - Behold, I Will Show You a Wonder
Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
A self-sacrifice type Noble Phantasm that derives from the anecdote of Pandora's Ascension into Godhood. By fully activating her Goddess Core, Pandora produces a massive amount of magical energy. With this, she can temporarily act as a Holy Grail and grant a single wish.

A thing I dashed out today during chats with Swordo. Note that Pandora's bow is not actually named Antigone, that's just my personal headcanon for it.

I like it, she does not seem to be overly broken by servent standards, but if she gets summoned things are 100% going to go off the rails.
Particularly as it looks like, once you summon her you either just won the War if you know of her and burn a Command Seal... Or you learn of her other Noble Phantom, and thus don't actually need to fight the war anymore.

Back