Lore: On The Meneltarma
At the center of the star-shaped island of Elenna, there stands a mountain, cold and white. None have ever measured it's height or dimensions, but it looms over the Blessed Isle, stretching above all the lands of the Gift. The Tall Men say among themselves that it is the greatest peak in all the world. The first Númenóreans, landing on the shores of their new home, were awed to gaze upon it, and so called it the Meneltarma, which is the Pillar of Heaven in the High-Elven speech.

As it stands at the center of the island, so too stands the Holy Mountain at the center of Númenórean religious and political life. It was in the shadow of the Meneltarma that Elros Tar-Minyatur built his capital of Armenelos, that the greatest glory of the kings of men might ever be in the shadow of Illuvatar. It was on the slopes of that mountain that he was crowned King of the Men of the West, and there after him have all his successors been crowned. Amid the southern slopes of the Mountain, in the great valley called Noirinian, are lain all the tombs of the Kings of Númenor.

The Mountain lies at the center of all Númenórean maps, and is how their explorers mark the latitude and longitude of their sea-paths. All stars are reckoned by travelers with reference to how they appear on a clear night upon the peak of the Meneltarma — to say a star is "south of the mountain" is to say that a star has shifted southward relative to it's 'correct' position when viewed from the Mountain. Far-flung sailors upon the western sea may use the Meneltarma as a way-guide, for even from the distant shores of Middle-Earth it is visible on a clear day, and it's white spire may be seen afar from Middle-Earth by climbing any peak or tower of sufficient height.

The Meneltarma is held sacred above all other things, and there is an ancient tradition of silence for all who would ascend the mountain or walk it's slopes. The peak of the mountain is flat and level, and so of old great multitudes assembled there in silent praise. It was held that only the Ruling King, being of the blood of Elves and Maiar alike, descended from the elder race and the undying, could break the silence and speak a prayer to Illuvatar. Thrice a year in times gone by the King or Queen would ascend the mountain to speak such, and thrice a year a silent host of their people would follow behind them, garbed all in white.

The three great prayers — the Erukyermë, the Erulaitalë, and the Eruhantalë — came at spring, summer, and autumn, and it was by these sacred observances that the Númenóreans marked the coming and passing of the year, with the Erukyermë marking the springtide and the new year.

It was said that in the days of the kings of yore, great eagles the size of men dwelt on the slopes of the Holy Mountain, and kept eyries on it's peak. When the kings climbed the mountain to make observances, the eagles would circle in the sky above them, and men took it as an omen of good fortune, and called them the Emissaries of Manwë. And when one stood on the mountain and gazed west over the sea, they could glimpse on the horizon the golden shores of the Undying Lands.

But times have changed. The mountain is climbed rarely, if ever. The kings scorn the elvish tongues, and the slopes of the mountain are not tended any longer. The great eagles are no more seen in the skies of the Gift, and their eyries hang empty. Only the silence remains, the old stillness of tradition which even the proudest and rashest of men dare not break. And when those who hold still the old traditions make the difficult trek up the mountain — difficult, for the old passes are not kept as they once were — and stand to gaze west over the sea, they can see only stormclouds, roiling dark upon the horizon.

Okay, you're right, selling ships to the Shapers to build up their own trading fleet rather than going through the Venturers would be one potential option, I hadn't considered that. It would mean essentially declaring war on the Venturers, though. They're already a bit displeased at us, they might actually try burning the colony down and salting the ashes if we start building ships and selling them to the Shapers. :lol:

Still, it's a potentially lucrative option to consider, and we did invest a lot in bringing a shipwright. The other Guilds might have some interest as well.

I was waiting for @Telamon to answer my question about whether we could do this, but you're right, it did end up being a bit obtuse. 😅

My thought here is, in essence, that Elrond is quite literally a mythical figure to the Númenóreans. He represents their mythic past, their semi-divine heritage, a brother to our first King, Elros. Even in these fading days, he is held in high esteem and above reproach, despite being kin to the Noldor. Now Hazraban, we know, desperately craves approval and legitimisation. If our approval as a Sea-Lord means a lot to him, and I think it does, then can you imagine what the approval of Elrond would mean?

Rivendell is the last Homely House, welcoming to all travellers, a place where the virtues which have been tarnished in the outside world still persist undiminished, a tiny vision of Arda Unmarred. It is a place where lordliness, power and knowledge are not at odds with kindness, generosity and wisdom. It represents the very best of what Númenór once was, the things we have lost. What better place to help get Hazraban back onto the right track, to show him that there is a better way to be?

Anyway, @Telamon, I would appreciate your clarification on whether inviting Hazraban to come with us to Rivendell is a thing we could do. I'm not sure whether it would be best to do it this turn, or later on - we might want to introduce ourselves to Elrond first. The countervailing argument is that we hit two birds with one action slot.

You could do that with a write-in, yes.

The three great prayers — the Erukyermë, the Erulaitalë, and the Eruhantalë — came at spring, summer, and autumn, and it was by these sacred observances that the Númenóreans marked the coming and passing of the year, with the Erukyermë marking the springtide and the new year.
The Three Prayers are one of my favorite background components in Middle-Earth, as they aren't just a "normal" sacred ritual, rather the timing and traditions of the prayers were supposedly taught to the Numenoreans by the Noldor themselves in emulation of the prayers performed by the Valar themselves on Valinor.

The Three Prayers weren't just a veneration of Eru Illuvatar but also a communion of both Men and Valar in supplication before the One. A tie that bound the King of Men and the King of Arda to the same lord. The eschewing of such a connection with the West was a key component, even before Sauron, to the Numenoreans willingness to believe themselves superior to the Valar.

To raise something else from the update that I think should be discussed before voting: how are y'all feeling about the league and Tharbad? Do we try and raise someone to High King to reduce the number of actions necessary to reach out to various polities? If so, who?

I'm gonna try my first ever attempt at plan-crafting! Pretty similar to Fission Battery's plan on page 49, with a few changes I'll explain my thought process behind.
[] Plan Healers, Explorers and Friends
-[] The Men of Sunlight
-[] Life, Unending
-[] Fear, Overcome
-[] Establish Pastures
-[] Expand the Militia
-[] Send An Envoy to the Barrow-Men
-[] Send An Envoy to the Fisherfolk
-[] Send An Envoy to the Men of the Great Lake
-[] Send An Envoy to the Dwarf-Friends
-[] Explore Enedwaith (Barazîr)
-[] Pay A Visit To Rivendell (Imrazôr)
--[] Invite Hazrabân to accompany us

Reasoning:

- The Men of the Sunlight seems like it provides a nice practical benefit, as well as building our reputation as rescuers and allies against Gundabad.

- I've picked two options: Life, Unending and Fear, Overcome on the reasoning that we can't double completely-halt all construction in the city. As for the reasons for those two choices, I'm hoping to both make a useful practical choice by establishing a hospital and very importantly securing a supply of Athelas (which will be crucial if we ever face Nazgul), and a strong symbolic and spiritual commitment to the Faithful side of things. I can understand the reasoning behind Doom, Unerring, but I don't think completely dismissing the people's fear of death (a fundamental aspect of the human condition and Numenorean society specifically) will be very popular or good for morale (or moral, but that's been discussed at length already) - better to address it, positively, as best we can. I'm 100% on board with Fear, Overcome, though: the stance I'm hoping we take here is "Death sucks, and we should try to delay it as much as possible within the bounds of practicality and morality, but as we can't prevent it entirely , we should make peace with it as much as we can."

- As for our eight options and hero distribution, I'm securing alternate food sources, expanding our defenses without yet committing on the issue of Tharbad (leaving our options open and not further delaying our construction projects, which I assume would be doubly compounded by the delays from our response to the Death situation), and leaning heavily on exploration and first contact. My thinking is that we need to meet all the assorted peoples of our land before we can discuss the Grand Alliance; our envoys will carry warnings of the threat in the north, so that even if they don't immediately join us, they'll at least be forewarned. I'm hoping some of them might have quests for us that could lead us to befriending them and securing their cooperation without the High King option, which I'm iffy on. And since there's no immediate crisis that requires much more urgent formation of a military alliance, we should get as many meetings out of the way as possible and try to get on good terms with them before calling a council. Finally, I definitely want to speak to great (x many) uncle Elrond, for many, many reasons.

- The plan has some reasonable popularity with our people: 3 from Establish Pastures, 2 from Expand the Militia, and 1 from Explore Enedwaith.

- Shamelessly stealing Admiral Skippy's idea to invite Hazrabân to Rivendell with us.

Last edited:
You could do that with a write-in, yes.

Cool!

To raise something else from the update that I think should be discussed before voting: how are y'all feeling about the league and Tharbad? Do we try and raise someone to High King to reduce the number of actions necessary to reach out to various polities? If so, who?

I feel like some potential candidates are likely to come out of starting the High King questline.

Braelor is both too old and also too marked by the scars and prejudices of the past, I feel. It needs someone younger, someone who can look at the world with fresh eyes.

Braelor is both too old and also too marked by the scars and prejudices of the past, I feel. It needs someone younger, someone who can look at the world with fresh eyes.
Yeah, if we end up pursuing the High King path, I feel we should at least wait until we meet a viable candidate - my plan aims to meet as many peoples as possible in the hopes that one will present themselves. Maybe selecting the High King vote would have one turn up, or maybe not, but I think it'd be a mistake to commit right away.

Yeah, if we end up pursuing the High King path, I feel we should at least wait until we meet a viable candidate - my plan aims to meet as many peoples as possible in the hopes that one will present themselves. Maybe selecting the High King vote would have one turn up, or maybe not, but I think it'd be a mistake to commit right away.

The High King quest seems like it will probably take a while to complete, and involves finding a candidate, so I think we could start it in the same turn as getting to better know the other Middle Men groups, if we wished to. The first step in the questline seems like it might be locating the lost crown of the High King, which could be pretty exciting.

My preference this turn would probably be to send Barazîr to start the High King quest, do diplomacy with the other Middle Men tribes, and get Hazrabân to release his protectorates from their bondage and start building our Alliance whilst inviting him to come with us to Rivendell. Really get the ball rolling on a number of fronts.

I like your plan though, and I know many voters have expressed a desire to hold off a turn on the High King/Alliance for another turn or two, so that looks really good.

the storm clouds are very concerning do the represent illuvtar displeasure at them?
More like a warning to the Faithful of what is to come should Numenor continue down her current path. Because the signs right before the Changing of the World were pretty blantant to anyone who would listen, and most of those who remained on Numenor proper were just too proud to repent, which is a pride that is at the forefront of this very update in places.
Hm. I'm honestly unsure, and I suspect Elrond will have some sound advice on the matter. Because my thoughts is that while the High King will be more efficient if it works... a king being raised among the men of twilight is something the King of Numenor is likely to take an interest, and that can go many number of ways with it likely involving tribute on the part of the locals.

I imagine we're going to need to contact the others to find a suitable hero regardless, and researching the Middle-Men makes sense to help find somebody if we want to go the high-king route.

Tossing a hat in:

[] The Hunting-Oak
[] Doom, Unerring
[] Plan [you're not getting a name til you're complete]
-[] Establish Pastures
-[] Expand the Militia
-[] Ironbark
--[] Barazir
-[] Pay a Visit to Rivendell
--[] Imrazor
-[] Build a Ship
--[] Cannibalize Ships

I was quite taken with the Hunting-Oak legend, and while Barazir can hear the trees' speech already, talking back might warrant it further (or even strengthen the legend, who knows?). Imrazor meanwhile pays the family a visit. I chose Doom Unerring to keep an even temper and avoid simply reacting to Hurin's death, and to keep our existing construction going apace. Public morale is taken care of instead by scrapping five ships to build a Ship - IIRC the shipyard finishes this turn (along with the Shapers' hall) and so will be ready for use by the time the five ships are dismantled. Pastures and militia are popularly demanded and seem well enough (though ranches can encroach on both our woody and mannish neighbors. . . ).

Didn't know what to put in the remaining three slots, any thoughts would be appreciated. Probably setup for the High King quest, but what would be best in that vein?

Last edited:
Tossing a hat in:

[] The Hunting-Oak
[] Doom, Unerring
[] Plan [you're not getting a name til you're complete]
-[] Establish Pastures
-[] Expand the Militia
-[] Ironbark
--[] Barazir
-[] Pay a Visit to Rivendell
--[] Imrazor
-[] Build a Ship
--[] Cannibalize Ships

I was quite taken with the Hunting-Oak legend, and while Barazir can hear the trees' speech already, talking back might warrant it further (or even strengthen the legend, who knows?). Imrazor meanwhile pays the family a visit. I chose Doom Unerring to keep an even temper and avoid simply reacting to Hurin's death, and to keep our existing construction going apace. Public morale is taken care of instead by scrapping five ships to build a Ship - IIRC the shipyard finishes this turn (along with the Shapers' hall) and so will be ready for use by the time the five ships are dismantled. Pastures and militia are popularly demanded and seem well enough (though ranches can encroach on both our woody and mannish neighbors. . . ).

Didn't know what to put in the remaining three slots, any thoughts would be appreciated. Probably setup for the High King quest, but what would be best in that vein?
Unfortunately (iirc), only Imrazor can meet with Ironbark :(.

Unfortunately (iirc), only Imrazor can meet with Ironbark :(.
I don't think that's correct. Neither the option's text, nor Ironbark's introductory chapter, actually says that. Meeting with Ironbark does require a Hero, though - I dimly recall there being some discussion a few turns ago that none of the Heroes we had other than Imrazor seemed suitable, but that no longer seems true to me.

Last edited:
Nope, all it says is that a hero is required, meaning Barazir is completely viable.

[] Trade Write-In: You have surplus stone and iron alike, and can trade for both of these. Trading by boat is faster and more efficient, unless your trading partner is nearby. Specify what you want to trade, with whom, and for what.

@Telamon, does this only work if we trade X thing for Y thing on a turn-by-turn basis, or once we've assigned ships to a trade route, does it keep going until we re-assign them?

Can Brun Gledd be traded with? What about Pelargir or Tharbad?

@Telamon, does this only work if we trade X thing for Y thing on a turn-by-turn basis, or once we've assigned ships to a trade route, does it keep going until we re-assign them?

Can Brun Gledd be traded with? What about Pelargir or Tharbad?

Anywhere you're in contact with can be traded with, though it may be more or less favorable depending on how your relationship with them is. Continuing with my desire of keeping things as simple as possible, "Trade stone with Tharbad for grain" is a valid write-in, and I will both use the context of you having some surplus stone and needing a fair amount of grain to determine how much is traded and why.

You can also start permanent trade routes, yes. I might make this a vote option next turn.

One the big factor I see in favour of @Admiral Skippy write-in is that the Men of the West outook is very much a top down thing that we/Imrazor have gone with in the hope that the plaster will take with time, so speak. We have, for example, repeatedly heard of how our people openly used racial slurs when coming accross the Warden and his men. They might be many things but they aren't fools: there is no reason to believe they haven't hard.

Without excusing his behaviours I can definitely see how Hazraban's receptiveness to our message would be negatively affected by this, how his better angels would have a harder time making him see how much he share with the Middle-Men and how they are worthy of respect and consideration when he has just been insulted for having some of them as his ancestors...

Inviting him to come along to Rivendel is not just recognition it is, on top of everything else that has been said, treating him as a fellow Numenorean leader that the brother of Elros would, naturally, presumably also wish to meet because of his care for his mortal kin. It is demonstrating in the most eloquent and powerfull manner possible that Imrazor does not agree with the slurs used against him and see him as a desired political partner rather then a vassal, as the leader of a Numenorean community.

This tells me it is too early. We want to sway more of them to our camp or otherwise earn their trust before getting the alliance thing rolling.

Possibly, but I was hoping that by making contact with several factions at once and doing the Council it might work out well. I'm also concerned that it will be forgotten by the next update.

Our own action is the going to be a hard choice- speaking to Elrond can give us much, but we also are the only one who can speak to Ironbark to work out an arrangement to harvest trees (and replant! we are no fools who would consume the forest like others of our kin, take only as much as we replant or maybe less so that the forest never shrinks and we will always have a supply of wood).

That's why I'm in favour of sending Barazir to speak to Ironbark now rather then later. I'd be fine dropping the Council for visiting Elrond now rather than later. In fact, I'll do that.

[] Plan Rally the Middle Men and Maybe Get Logging Rights V.2
-[] The Men of Sunlight
-[] Doom, Unerring:
You tell them nothing to allay their fears or still their hearts. All men must die, and the tall men also. This is not Númenor, and your people will not cower in the dark from that inevitability which the men of twilight go laughing and singing to face. The words are wise, and strong, and they are ash in your own mouth. (Incompatible with other options)
-[] Establish Pastures:
Grain is well and good, but some among your smallholders have been aching to purchase sheep and goats in large numbers from the Middle-Men, that they might establish their own herds. Stake out plots of land where they may graze. (will reduce possible construction projects by one) A decent population of your people support doing this -- 3 Speakers are behind it.
-[] Expand the Militia:
Enlist more volunteers to the defense of the city, should you think it necessary. A noticable population of your people support doing this -- 2 Speakers are behind it.
-[] Send An Envoy to the Barrow-Men:
Far to the north is a great valley where mighty barrows lie sleeping in the dark, monuments to ancient kings told of in no songs of Men or Elves. They are kept by a gaunt and sallow people — the Barrow-Men of Braen.
-[] Send An Envoy to the Hillmen: The Men of the hills of northern Enedwaith are clearly Men of Darkness, enemies of all folk good and fair and free — but that does not mean you cannot at the least attempt to break words with them.
-[] Send An Envoy to the Dwarf-Friends: There exists a tribe, or a confederation of tribes, who have grown wealthy trading food and supplies with the dwarves in the distant north. Send an envoy across the Gwathlo to meet with them.
-[] Ironbark: In the deeps of the Iron Forest dwells an ent, an old thing with old eyes. He is no foe, not yet. But he is no friend of men, you do not think. Not anymore. Break words with him, and see if the strength of oak and yew might be bent in friendship. (requires hero)
--[] Barazir
[] Pay A Visit To Rivendell:
You yourself have personally been invited to Rivendell by the great Elf-Lord, Elrond Halfelven. Paying him a visit may strengthen your relationship with the elves.
--[X] Invite Hazrabân to come with us to learn about his heritage, and show him the virtues our people have nearly forgotten. Both the Middle Men and the Númenóreans descend from the Edain, and he can hear these stories from those who were there when Men stood together with Elves to fight the darkness in the North.
-[] Research the Middle-Men: It dawns on you that migration and exile have forced many of the men of twilight from their natural lands. Those with whom you now parlay are neighbors with men who may be all but strangers to them. Middle-Men you call them all, but you imagine they must have names for themselves in their own speech.

There we go. Similar to my previous plan but hold off on calling the Council, while also speaking with Elrond. I also fully support Doom, Unerring and Men of Sunlight. We save people and accept that we're going to die. I also want the shipyards and shaping halls to finish this turn, while possibly getting logging rights from Ironbark. The Hillmen aren't dark servants. They just think we're with the Warden. We can clear that up. It's laying the groundwork for a future council. The Barrow Men and Dwarf Friends seem like large, reliable groups to contact, more so than the Fishermen. Researching the locals gives us more insight into the situation too, which we want before calling a Council and pushing for a new High King.

A lot of the King's Men in our colony are farmers, so while we can't give them more fields by clearing the forest we can give them more pastures for livestock. That should appease them in the mean time. It also prevents them from feeling resentful having to purchase meat from the locals.

Last edited:
Anywhere you're in contact with can be traded with, though it may be more or less favorable depending on how your relationship with them is. Continuing with my desire of keeping things as simple as possible, "Trade stone with Tharbad for grain" is a valid write-in, and I will both use the context of you having some surplus stone and needing a fair amount of grain to determine how much is traded and why.

You can also start permanent trade routes, yes. I might make this a vote option next turn.

Cool!

And yeah, if Inzilbeth is coming back next turn at the end of her voyage, the options to establish ongoing trade routes might make a lot of sense, as she will come back with tidings from Pelargir, Edellhod, and the Havens. Establishing regular oversea trade routes would be a natural step at that point, I think.

For people who are nearby to us, it might make sense to have some kind of passive modifier to the city's prosperity bases on our relations wand the relative balance of goods. Our craftsmen may not need an explicit go-ahead to sell their iron or tools for wool and cheese if we're getting along with Brun Gled, or trading for salt fish with the Fisherfolk. (Whilst official trade of prized materials like say our best crafts for amber or silver might need more diplomacy.)

One the big factor I see in favour of @Admiral Skippy write-in is that the Men of the West outook is very much a top down thing that we/Imrazor have gone with in the hope that the plaster will take with time, so speak. We have, for example, repeatedly heard of how our people openly used racial slurs when coming accross the Warden and his men. They might be many things but they aren't fools: there is no reason to believe they haven't hard.

Without excusing his behaviours I can definitely see how Hazraban's receptiveness to our message would be negatively affected by this, how his better angels would have a harder time making him see how much he share with the Middle-Men and how they are worthy of respect and consideration when he has just been insulted for having some of them as his ancestors...

Inviting him to come along to Rivendel is not just recognition it is, on top of everything else that has been said, treating him as a fellow Numenorean leader that the brother of Elros would, naturally, presumably also wish to meet because of his care for his mortal kin. It is demonstrating in the most eloquent and powerfull manner possible that Imrazor does not agree with the slurs used against him and see him as a desired political partner rather then a vassal, as the leader of a Numenorean community.

Yeah, this is very well put - that was kind of my thought here as well. By bringing him, we are showing that we view him as a cousin, legitimising him in just about the most profound way possible for a Númenórean leader. But we are also showing him the right way to be lordly, the way of kindness and generosity that are embodied in the last Homely House. As you put it, we are giving the better angels of his nature a bit more of a fighting chance.

We are also very subtly asserting our own authority and status, in a gentle way and non-domineering way. We are one of the Wise, a Númenórean lord who Elrond has invited personally, and Hazrabân is our honoured guest.

Has the good Admiral finalized a write-in text?

I have a plan I've been drafting, but I've tried to keep the draft fairly simple.

Right now I've got:

-[X] Pay a Visit to Rivendell (Imrazôr)
--[X] Invite Hazrabân to come with us, to show him his heritage and the virtues our people have nearly forgotten.

Open to suggestions for how to re-word, although I think short and sweet is probably better.

[] Plan Hard truths, explorers, and friends
-[] The Men of Sunlight
-[] Doom, Unerring:
You tell them nothing to allay their fears or still their hearts. All men must die, and the tall men also. This is not Númenor, and your people will not cower in the dark from that inevitability which the men of twilight go laughing and singing to face. The words are wise, and strong, and they are ash in your own mouth. (Incompatible with other options)
-[] Establish Pastures:
Grain is well and good, but some among your smallholders have been aching to purchase sheep and goats in large numbers from the Middle-Men, that they might establish their own herds. Stake out plots of land where they may graze. (will reduce possible construction projects by one) A decent population of your people support doing this -- 3 Speakers are behind it.
-[] Expand the Militia:
Enlist more volunteers to the defense of the city, should you think it necessary. A noticable population of your people support doing this -- 2 Speakers are behind it.
Far to the north is a great valley where mighty barrows lie sleeping in the dark, monuments to ancient kings told of in no songs of Men or Elves. They are kept by a gaunt and sallow people — the Barrow-Men of Braen.
-[] Send An Envoy to the Hillmen: The Men of the hills of northern Enedwaith are clearly Men of Darkness, enemies of all folk good and fair and free — but that does not mean you cannot at the least attempt to break words with them.
-[] Send An Envoy to the Dwarf-Friends: There exists a tribe, or a confederation of tribes, who have grown wealthy trading food and supplies with the dwarves in the distant north. Send an envoy across the Gwathlo to meet with them.
-[] Ironbark: In the deeps of the Iron Forest dwells an ent, an old thing with old eyes. He is no foe, not yet. But he is no friend of men, you do not think. Not anymore. Break words with him, and see if the strength of oak and yew might be bent in friendship. (requires hero)
--[] Barazir
-[] Pay A Visit To Rivendell:
You yourself have personally been invited to Rivendell by the great Elf-Lord, Elrond Halfelven. Paying him a visit may strengthen your relationship with the elves.
(Imrazôr)
--[X] Invite Hazrabân to come with us to learn about his heritage, and show him the virtues our people have nearly forgotten. Both the Middle Men and the Númenóreans descend from the Edain, and he can hear these stories from those who were there when Men stood together with Elves to fight the darkness in the North.
-[] Research the Middle-Men:
It dawns on you that migration and exile have forced many of the men of twilight from their natural lands. Those with whom you now parlay are neighbors with men who may be all but strangers to them. Middle-Men you call them all, but you imagine they must have names for themselves in their own speech.

I basically like everything about @Anann plan other than the choices for how to deal with death cause the temple for the temple as @Strange9 said
I have to admit that I'm pretty strongly opposed to Fear, Overcome. I worry that the motivation here for renewed worship of the Valar/offerings to the Eagles is that this will somehow deliver men from death. But this isn't true, and the belief that it is will only engender bitterness when the Numenoreans of the colony recognizeit for the lie it is. Not, of course, that building this dome isn't a good idea in general -- in the same way that building a hospital and a place for the dead to rest is a good idea -- it's just that building this in answer to the desire to not die ("Above all desires of the colony now rises one concern to master all others: We refuse. We are the Tall Men of the Gift. We shall not, will not, cannot go into the dark") is fundamentally suspect.
the hospital cause they still won't be able to do anything to prevent death and have always failed too once again leading our people down a fruitless path that they shall not succeed at.

the sooner they truly face the hard truths of these world the better it will be. Also it will make us better be able to understand the middle men, better able to ally with them and start chipping away at Númenor superiority and racism toward everyone. Bring them back to earth by dousing some very harsh truth in their face. Instead of semi trying them to ignore the truth and mislead by giving them false hope in something else that can't save them.

Edit: @Admiral Skippy write in idea is good so I am adding it in

@Fission Battery I really like your plan especially researching the middle men but would you be willing to add in inviting Hazrabân with us to rivendell

Also I usually never make plans of any kind so if there are any mistakes pls tell me

Last edited:
We need to deal with Ironbark now rather than later because we will need a source of wood soon. It's better to have Barazir speak with Ironbark now before we get into war with the orcs and he isn't available anymore. The trees literally spoke to him to guide the way to find his adopted son. This is a perfect opportunity to avoid angering the ents while still possibly getting trees for our industry.

[] Plan Rally the Middle Men and Maybe Get Logging Rights V.2.3

-[] Establish Pastures:
-[] Expand the Militia:
--[] Barazir
[] Pay A Visit To Rivendell:
(Imrazôr)
--[] Invite Hazrabân to come with us, to show him his heritage and the virtues our people have forgotten.
-[] Research the Middle-Men: It dawns on you that migration and exile have forced many of the men of twilight from their natural lands. Those with whom you now parlay are neighbors with men who may be all but strangers to them. Middle-Men you call them all, but you imagine they must have names for themselves in their own speech.

-[] The Men of Sunlight
-[] Doom, Unerring

Figured as this was what I'm voting for just tweaked ever so slightly so we can have what we have discussed in the thread so far.

Last edited:
Back