Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
The final decision here is always going to be with Yrs. OCs created in paid commissions are still Yrs characters. Yrs wouldn't accept an OC commission unless the proposed concept matches the setting. Yrs can decide to get the OC into the main narrative if it could be used to further a plot point or if he thinks there is a large enough demand in the voter base or for any other decision but the power to do that will always be with Yrs. original commissioner has no power over that decision nor any blame if thread started to voice support for that decision.
now I am speaking here as a fan of Rixiong who advocated for his appearance in the main story so I am biased in this instance but I will still hold to the same decision even if an OC I disliked or even hated was added to the main narrative. I think that decision is on Yrs and there is no reason for a blanket ban on the possibility for Rixiong or any other OC

then dress-chan raises our heels by 18" to assert dominance.
I do rather love the idea of dress chan being young enough that instinctive threat displays are still a thing that could happen. Just ling qi meeting someone with a magical dress and dress chan getting a bit of a panic and suddenly ling qi has a collar the size of a windscreen, heels that are closer to columns and a cloak so wide we need hanyi to play dress carrier.

Ling Qi doesnt remember and barely even notices people she has had vicious fights and a passionate duel with (chu song). Some random sun cultivator from the sect that might be in the same army as her is so very far down on the list of people she's gonna pay any amounts of attention to.

Ling Qi doesnt remember and barely even notices people she has had vicious fights and a passionate duel with (chu song). Some random sun cultivator from the sect that might be in the same army as her is so very far down on the list of people she's gonna pay any amounts of attention to.
Especially since there's already a muscular, straightforward sun cultivator she's going to pay a bunch of attention to. If only to better use Su Ling about her boyfriend.

First its a cameo of one character from a commissioned side story and then the door is open for more. Even if it starts as something small and the commissioner wasn't even the one who's come up with the idea, eventually other people will deff want their characters in the main story, even if its just a hint of them.
Better not to open that can of worms at all. Yrs doesn't need that kind of headache, he's got a long enough to-do list as it is.
Interludes are chapters where LQ isn't the main focus, or might be completely absent. That narrative focal shift is why I'd be okay with it.

The final decision here is always going to be with Yrs. OCs created in paid commissions are still Yrs characters. Yrs wouldn't accept an OC commission unless the proposed concept matches the setting. Yrs can decide to get the OC into the main narrative if it could be used to further a plot point or if he thinks there is a large enough demand in the voter base or for any other decision but the power to do that will always be with Yrs. original commissioner has no power over that decision nor any blame if thread started to voice support for that decision.
now I am speaking here as a fan of Rixiong who advocated for his appearance in the main story so I am biased in this instance but I will still hold to the same decision even if an OC I disliked or even hated was added to the main narrative. I think that decision is on Yrs and there is no reason for a blanket ban on the possibility for Rixiong or any other OC
this. just let Yrs decide where he wants to take the story. if he wants to have Rixiong appear in the main story, that isn't really different then any other character. if he doesn't want him to appear, his decision. it doesn't really matter that its a commissioned character since the commission doesn't ask for the character to enter the main narrative- that still is Yrs decision alone

It's probably not gonna happen, but I'd admittedly find it somewhat funny if the two met, and Qi got into what Maizhen, Renxiang, etc have unofficially dubbed "a Ling Qi experience", except on the other side of it.

Well, it looks like our Bear Boy of the High Noon husbando option, might be taken off the marriage market before we can meet him. I'm really enjoying this side story more than most, thanks Karthak Urzak!

On whether commissioned characters should be allowed to make it into the main story: that's up to Yrsillar, but we should have the freedom to champion our favorites. After all, some fan written things have made it into the story (from memory, the alchemist Fatty Hao, and the drinking song The Wine isn't Strong Enough ), why not draw from the author's own side stories?

I'm satisfied with Qi's Beautiful Clothes being the name of Dress Chan, and glad that something got the approval of Auspiciousness. So I will throw my hat on that rack as well. The only question I have is, is it pronounced "Chee Yee"?

[x] Qǐyì (绮谊)

Ling Qi gets a young dress spirit, names her Qi's Clothes.
On one hand, that's kinda funny.
But on the other hand, i suspect that our little spirit with separation anxiety is going to be all for it.

[X] Qǐyì (绮谊)

Last edited:
Possessives are one of the few things in Classical Chinese that are strictly marked with auxiliaries (之 usually), so the "Qi's X" readings don't really work if we obey those rules
Which of course isn't mandatory! But them's are the real world analogue's rules.

Last edited:
I feel like Qiyi is a bit lazy. Everyone's been calling her "Qi's clothes" and "beautiful clothing" since before she had a mind of her own! :p

Back