Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
The silk shimmered, took on a metallic tinge, the sweeping lower hem tightened, and split along the sides, slits rising to her calf as the slippers beneath transformed into supple boots plated, shod and riveted with silvery-steel. The same color bloomed out around the opening of her sleeve, silvery wire lace as light as clouds curling out like fractally spreading frost to guard her hands, and crawling up her arms to thicken fabric with subtly inserted thin and flexible plates of moonsilver alloy. Her mantle flared out behind her blown in an invisible wind, buoyed on her mist, like the dark wings of a moth.
"You may dislike it, but when you so bluntly contradict someone in public you are challenging them in their position. If they fail to slap you down they are showing a crippling weakness to their other subordinates. If you wish to do so, by all means, but do not do so in ignorance!"
….He did understand that. Wolves were not the best example of what she spoke of, but he did understand dominance and submission displays, even if he found the form of them his fellow humans practiced very strange.
Well, he supposed that also explained some of the more outlandish clothing he'd seen too.
Ok, now they have to meet, so that we can see the look on Ling Qi's face when Rixiong compliments her and Dress-chan on their magnificent dominance display.

Ok, now they have to meet, so that we can see the look on Ling Qi's face when Rixiong compliments her and Dress-chan on their magnificent dominance display.
To be fair, I feel like Ling Qi would sorta understand, y'know, if she thought about it?

I mean, she did make this comparison herself:
But she wasn't, it was… projection, like a beast puffing out its fur to seem bigger than it was, only…

I hope Rixiong and LQ cross paths, if only briefly. From the main story it's hard to get a sense of how absurd an existence LQ is. She started at the bottom of the social hierarchy, furthest from the starting line and in a few years she's basically a high ranking provincial-level official and almost Cyan.

Almost no one mentions it in frame, but I'm dead certain everyone's thinking it: what is this girl made of?

I've said it before, but I do hope Rixiong stays in his side story. Entertaining as he is, I don't really see a point to him being in the main story beyond egregious glazing for Ling Qi.

We know she's impressive as do the relevant characters, there's no need to add a character whose sole purpose is to go "Wow Ms. Main Protagonist, you sure are amazing!" like this was a generic xianxia story.

I hope he smashes into the main story when we least expect it since it seems he'll be important in the future even without Ling Qi's presence.

yeah I kinda hope he's a character we hear of doing his own impressive things and clearly being the protagonist of his own cultivation journey. I just think its cooler if we see another member of Ling Qi's generation making their own legend than him playing a key role in Qi's. Although yeah it would be cool if they meet at some point.

I hope he smashes into the main story when we least expect it since it seems he'll be important in the future even without Ling Qi's presence.
I hope not. Xianxia Mowgli is the product of a paid commission. While I respect how other people spend their money, opening the can of worms that is "Pay money to get your OC into the main story" would be incredibly detrimental to a quest that has a ton of characters already and limited space to give them all focus.

I'd rather Yrs spend that time developing or adding characters he thinks benefits the main story, rather than because someone paid to put them there.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I do hope Rixiong stays in his side story. Entertaining as he is, I don't really see a point to him being in the main story beyond egregious glazing for Ling Qi.

We know she's impressive as do the relevant characters, there's no need to add a character whose sole purpose is to go "Wow Ms. Main Protagonist, you sure are amazing!" like this was a generic xianxia story.
To clarify, when I was cooking up Rixiong with Yrs the notion of him entering the main story didn't even occur to me. At most, maybe a snippet of Ling Qi hearing about (Spoiler). It was only when people fell in love with the character (my compliments to our dear author's writing skills) that I dared begin to contemplate the possibility.
And dominance displays aside, I'd be most interested in a cameo in order to see how Ling Qi assesses him with [Communication], especially after (Spoiler).
All the paid commissions are about him doing his own stuff. Him becoming a noteworthy part of the main story or not is up to the good voters in the thread.

Last edited:
To clarify, when I was cooking up Rixiong with Yrs the notion of him entering the main story didn't even occur to me. At most, maybe a snippet of Ling Qi hearing about (Spoiler). It was only when people fell in love with the character (my compliments to our dear author's writing skills) that I dared begin to contemplate the possibility.
And dominance displays aside, I'd be most interested in a cameo in order to see how Ling Qi assesses him, especially after (Spoiler).
All the paid commissions are about him doing his own stuff. Him becoming a noteworthy part of the main story or not is up to the good voters in the thread.
I can tell you right now that if it ever comes to a vote, you can count on me to say no.

I really appreciate the people who fund Yrsillar's writing, but please do understand that I hold a lot of reservations when it comes to giving those same people influence over the main story such as potentially adding their OCs to it.

Hello, I've been reading this quest since last year, but just now I made account. This is one of my favorite quest story.

I love this quest and my favorite is LQ interaction with others. And the time to vote for name is also one of my favorite. The characters reaction to the name LQ give is always amusing to me.

I have never participate in quest, this is how you vote, right?

[X] Qǐyì (绮谊)

I can tell you right now that if it ever comes to a vote, you can count on me to say no.

I really appreciate the people who fund Yrsillar's writing, but please do understand that I hold a lot of reservations when it comes to giving those same people influence over the main story such as potentially adding their OCs to it.
Understandable. I'm also unsure how I feel about the possibility (though the fact that there are people who want him in the main story is both flattering and terrifying). We'll just have to wait and see how things shake out, what people think after the remaining Bearing Destiny chapters are out (a new set after that has been commissioned, but the queue is very high realm right now so it'll be a good long while before they show up), what, if any, options the main story introduces, and so on.

Last edited:
A cameo in an interlude would be fine.
First its a cameo of one character from a commissioned side story and then the door is open for more. Even if it starts as something small and the commissioner wasn't even the one who's come up with the idea, eventually other people will deff want their characters in the main story, even if its just a hint of them.
Better not to open that can of worms at all. Yrs doesn't need that kind of headache, he's got a long enough to-do list as it is.

I see no problem with cameos from side stories, personally. Provided they are just that: cameos. I don't think there's any meaningful chance of slippery slope stuff with them showing up as more than offhand mentions in the background or similar, though, so I'm pretty unworried about it creeping up too much.

One idea, for those really against even cameos in the main narrative, is for Ling Qi to instead cameo in the side-story in question. That gives the same interaction without impacting the main story.

Back