Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Pride is a bad choice. Hanyi right now has no major skills to speak of since she's a kid. Mix that with pride and she will hate herself for not living up to her own impossible standards.
Hanyi can have pride in more than her current abilities. Generally having pride in herself and expecting a lot from herself can fuel ambition and help maintain a healthy sense of self worth. She can also have pride in her lineage as a large part of her identity. She's shown pride in her role as little Qi's little sister as well.

Dismissing pride as the option of self hatred is silly and false.

This vote is too difficult for me.

Mostly because I don't know what a bombastic Explorer could be, the other are "easy" if I'm right.

The bombastic high pride seem to me to be a "Oh-oh-oh" ojo type character, while the jokster is probably either a "it was me DIO" character or a joseph Jostar type.

The curious and exploring type stump me, maybe a Pinky Pie type?

And if it is a pinky pie type, I still don't know who to vote they are all goodo_O:cry::p

[X] Her pride and confidence

Gotta keep those villianous aesthetics going.

[x] Her curiosity and desire to explore

I want her wondering 'why?'. Why do the humans care about rules? Why does reputation matter? What can I find it people like me? What am I shit put of if people dislike me?

It seems the best way to nudge her towards actually learning the lessons we need her to learn. And if we can introduce her to reading at the same time as our little sis, they might make great pals for fiction and pretend games.

So, I basically have one question to ask about the story. I didn't read through the voting or anything, but when Ling Qi decided to become the vassal of Cai, I was legitimately blindsided. I was expecting the other choice to be made. What was the rationale for Qi to do so?

So, I basically have one question to ask about the story. I didn't read through the voting or anything, but when Ling Qi decided to become the vassal of Cai, I was legitimately blindsided. I was expecting the other choice to be made. What was the rationale for Qi to do so?
Self-determination was the biggest thing.

Cant swing at Ling Qi easily when she answers directly to the Cai Heir and riding them Retainer Buxx further up Cultivation mountain.

It may not be immediately obvious, but Ling Qis relative position is freakish compared to her peers.

That is... somewhat controversial. But in short, a combination of CRX being the most financially sound decision, our friends (Bai) recommending it, and a lack of concrete details on the other options.

Oh, and CRX being tolerable.

[X] Her curiosity and desire to explore
What was the rationale for Qi to do so?
This is less a Qi-rationale and more a voter-rationale, but Cai was the first option presented and had the most actions dedicated to her option because of it. Funnily enough, if you give characters a larger share of screentime then they'll compose a larger portion of your thought process and they'll be more developed...Other options had to fight to be given a single action or had story reasons for not being allowed to even attempt to persuade Qi while Cai and Cai-recommending characters had nearly two actions a week (if you include Meizhen; otherwise downrate it down to merely an action a week, which is still a huge fraction of all available actions). So voters/Qi became attached.
Qi also wanted to change the world after her experiences in Tonghou as a kid, and Cai is the option that gives the most political power. The other options attempt to avoid politics in some way, either by running off into the desert where civilization barely extends its supply line or by tucking into the Sect where there's an overarching organization being ablative armor.
For disclaimer reasons—I was attached to a different option, so my presentation is biased. But it's not like there's such a thing as a bias-free presentation anyway.

Last edited:
It did turn out well- I'm pretty solidly on board with Cai after she gave her post-bandit speech. Practical, idealistic, and much more about bending the world to accommodate people than bending people into a shape she wants. I don't really think we are going to run into a politico with a more supportable view...

And honestly, I think that our current lonely competitor for Hanyi could be brought onboard with that philosophy. Her main gripe, per the song, was the inevitability of the powerful waging war, but she didn't show any alternatives. That seems like a person who wants to make the world better but is frustrated as to how- we can use that, and her.

Back