Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Songs and poems of peoples and ways of life long gone (Spirit Ken, Beast handling)

So the ultimate end road of walking the moon path is becoming a new phase of the moon, I imagine?

[X] Songs and poems of peoples and ways of life long gone (Spirit Ken, Beast handling)
[X] Historical Plays, works of wit and satire, (Speech, Government,)

I like everyone else's points about this - how better to learn about spirits than on a spirit quest?

IIRC, Talent 7 expects 17% more successes than 6 (plus 1 extra die (negligible after pills)) so, with equal time and resources spent, we expect a talent 7 cultivator to move 17% faster. Ji Rong lost... what, 6 weeks of time? That's 11.5% of a year. So in the end it comes down more to resources and dedication (time spent) than time available, and it's entirely believable that Liling's bankroll would be equivalent to (or better than) Ling Qi's luck, theft, and spirit guides.
The math of talent actually underestimates the the intended effect - the difference is supposed to be even larger than that in-story. We discussed changes to the formula to represent things better at the start of Threads, but everyone got sick of arguing about math so it never got implemented.

I want to be able to produce works of wit and satire. But it's literally impossible to say no to Beast Handling and Spirit Ken. I love the idea of using Painting. I think Painting mixed with War could be important in communicating the intel we see. I think Satire and Government would be a fun way to know and navigate and subvert such things. But we gotta go with Spirit Ken and Beast Handling right now. Spirit Quest for Spirit Ken and Beast handling from holding smol treasured brother all night, haha <3

why stop at phases when you can become a whole celestial body?
I assumed that when you walk a path that is already established you sorta become another facet of that preexisting path, only with more a 'you' spin.
To become something like a new planetoid I imagine you would have to cultivate in a manner divorced from the concepts of other greater spirit entities.

I assumed that when you walk a path that is already established you sorta become another facet of that preexisting path, only with more a 'you' spin.
To become something like a new planetoid I imagine you would have to cultivate in a manner divorced from the concepts of other greater spirit entities.
Yeah fair and I'm just playing around. Speaking seriously, I think you just come out as a moon flavored GS and most likely can't earn the backing of the moon itself in the way the phases that the phases have it.

You could maybe change the phases subtly though?

I know... It's so sad thinking about all that has been lost from the various dynasties who wanted to change things to fit their vision of how they think it should be. How many books have been burned, how much knowledge lost, how much wisdom discarded.
It is not all discarded wisdom! Some of it is probably discarded stupidity.

Imagine a magical library containing a copy of every piece of paper ever written or typed. How valuable would such a place be? Yes, it would contain all sorts of wonderful works, including ones that have been lost time. It would ALSO contain literally trillions of pages of paperwork, worksheets, scratch paper, receipts, labels, and so on. Even if you could filter things by format to e.g. only inspect works of poetry or literature or whatnot, the vast majority is still going to be drivel*. And having even the most ingenious works in your library won't save you if nobody can find them.

*anyone who has ever tried doing an archive dive on fanfiction.net can attest to this. ;)

Last edited:
Weilu Music-Moon-Darkness pet buff art get.

Back