Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I'm going to be very sad that LQ is going to choose...to not cultivate.
Yan Renshu causing a mess in the living quarters? Ling Qi's cultivating.
Giant clusterfuck of a fight going on in the living quarters from Sun busting out Kang? Ling Qi's cultivating (and would have missed the entire thing if Chu didn't try to play "prevent defense")
Ling Qi arranged her social events around cultivating. Formations with Suyin. Sparring with Su Ling. Hunting with GF.
Ling Qi influenced a broader swath of her classmates into more cultivation effort (e.g. Ma twins onscreen, others offscreen).

Last chance to keep up this characterization! Vote cultivation!

Last edited:
You are ignoring content by this member.
This is actually the most convincing argument I've seen on the subject so far. Most people on the extra AP side are arguing based on the loss of strength, and people on the family side (me) are arguing about the loss of characterization. Well, surprise surprise, as someone more concerned with characterization the loss of strength argument isn't going to do much for me, and vice versa, me arguing for characterization isn't going to budge people who are more worried about the coming challenges.

You're one of the first to tackle the extra AP side of the discussion from a characterization angle that doesn't come off as a thinly veiled excuse. Bravo.

I'll stick with the family vote, but you did make me genuinely think about changing it.

If you like that justification, try checking out my characterization-based objections to the family option in my previous posts.

You are ignoring content by this member.
You mean the ones that boil down to "she's in "college" she'll have plenty of time later"?

It's actually more like "she's in hs/college, she should be focusing on her friendships and building lasting ties and connections" Friend time is more valuable than family time right now because when these two years are up it will be harder to see those friends.

I'm fairly certain my life would be worse right now if I hadn't focused as much on my friendships in college.

Last edited:
[X] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)

swapped because all our friends will be jelly

"Ling Qi, lets spar!"
"Can't, little sis needs my help"
"Ling Qi, lets go dungeon diving!"
"Can't, servants rioted over having too much money!"
"Ling Qi, will you marr-"
"Can't, Mom called, gotta go!"

It's actually more like "she's in hs/college, she should be focusing on her friendships and building lasting ties and connections" Friend time is more valuable than family time right now because when these two years are up it will be harder to see those friends.

Only, this is pretty much wrong.

Ling Qi just became a matriarch of her own clan.
One that includes her estranged mother and a sister she knows just couple of months.

She also needs to help her mother cultivate to achieve more than marginal successes, what with the "draining" mechanic we have seen last update, let alone integrate a bunch of former "concubines" and her spirits into her new clan.

So no, this situation is so far away from college as to be incomparable, in my opinion.

The one "being in college" simile could actually apply to is, surprisingly, Bai.

Last edited:
This might be a bit insensitive, but... what meetings? What work? As I understand it, the only work that our household currently does is caring for Biyu and cleaning/protecting the house. So what is it that you are worried about being thrown off?
Uh, they have an actual household now? No fief or manor yet, but theres a couple dozen people to organize, which includes planning facilities usage(mainly baths, kitchens, whatever weaving or sewing equipment on hand, whatever books are on hand), organizing meals, purchasing food, drawing water from wells, maintaining clothing,etc.

Not to mention relationships that aren't Ling Qi. Qingge has friends there. All those who'd journey so far on her say so, who she'd invite, are a bit more than passing acquaintances. So someone who was planning on having their usual morning chat with Qingge over breakfast about their new circumstances are probably going to wake up to her being gone, since her daughter swept in and out like a flash.

Its not a big deal yet, all of it would barely add up to a couple of hours of confusion/irritation(if you summed up everyone, literally minutes each) but its still something casually disrupted.
Who hadn't been stood up because something came up suddenly? Or a planned recreation disrupted by a sudden family trip nobody bothered to inform you about until the day itself?

Not true. Theres no way to win the in-scenario dream, but when people talk about bad choices, they're talking about bad choices for Ling Qi. IIRC, it has been told to us that another choice may have found Long Qi frustrated but not shaken in her beliefs about herself, thus not leading to a cultivation penalty due to being shook.
Well, that pretty much came of going against her stated ideals, rather than the scenario itself.
Remember the chain of logic:
1) Ling Qi chose to stay with the tree on the reasoning that she could minimize harm to mortals that way. Shen Hu went to the mortal village on the basis that you can't do wrong with protecting mortals.
2) Once faced with an angry White, Ling Qi didn't even try to protect either Shen Hu or the mortals. She just took the bribe, and the Bloody Moon was displeased about the lack of resolve, so she got turned into a swarm of rats for the duration.
3) At the end of the event, Ling Qi semi-permanently lost the interest of the Bloody Moon, and the cultivation penalty was entirely from the conflict between her Yellow Breakthrough choice(I will be strong enough to carry my friends with me), her previous choice(I'm doing this to try to achieve the most good) and her recent actions(I may abandon my friends for fear or reward)

We know Shen Hu got rewarded and perhaps an insight out of it, despite having been thoroughly defeated by the scenario after all. The only trap was of our own creation, by contradicting what we said and what we did.

Uh, they have an actual household now? No fief or manor yet, but theres a couple dozen people to organize, which includes planning facilities usage(mainly baths, kitchens, whatever weaving or sewing equipment on hand, whatever books are on hand), organizing meals, purchasing food, drawing water from wells, maintaining clothing,etc.
I'd be very surprised if the household was a COUPLE of DOZEN people. Four or five, maybe. A dozen, or multiple dozen? WHY? What would they even do? Fundamentally, the whole thing exists to provide for our mother and sister; just how large of an entourage do you think they need?

As for the things you listed... sure, all of that needs to get done. Worn clothes needs to get fixed, food needs to purchased and cooked, etc - but we aren't dealing with a long convoluted logistics chain here. It shouldn't require meetings to plan for someone going out to draw water from a well, and the staff should very well be able to do it even if the mistress of the house is out.

Not to mention relationships that aren't Ling Qi. Qingge has friends there. All those who'd journey so far on her say so, who she'd invite, are a bit more than passing acquaintances. So someone who was planning on having their usual morning chat with Qingge over breakfast about their new circumstances are probably going to wake up to her being gone, since her daughter swept in and out like a flash.
Oh, absolutely, this can disruptive to Qingge's personal life - but you shouldn't conflate this with the household somehow suffering because Qingge's schedule god shifted abruptly.

I'd be very surprised if the household was a COUPLE of DOZEN people. Four or five, maybe. A dozen, or multiple dozen? WHY? What would they even do? Fundamentally, the whole thing exists to provide for our mother and sister; just how large of an entourage do you think they need?

As for the things you listed... sure, all of that needs to get done. Worn clothes needs to get fixed, food needs to purchased and cooked, etc - but we aren't dealing with a long convoluted logistics chain here. It shouldn't require meetings to plan for someone going out to draw water from a well, and the staff should very well be able to do it even if the mistress of the house is out.

Oh, absolutely, this can disruptive to Qingge's personal life - but you shouldn't conflate this with the household somehow suffering because Qingge's schedule god shifted abruptly.

Oh definitely not claiming it hurt so much as it showed thoughtlessness

So @yrsillar are we going to get the option to look up what our opposition around 525 is capable of?

Because now after the vote where it would have been useful is the best time to leverage that for maximum salt mining. :^

I feel like the hiring process may have included less "How many people do I need" than "How many people can I afford to get out".

Back