Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
This makes me wonder. Do higher tier Cultivators wear makeup?

Or does it get to the point where you're trying to paint a anthropomorphic storm?

Would Ling Qi eventually have to request a high ranking product to tame the tangles of her hair as normal product just gets repelled off by her body's natural defences?

From Interlude 6 on RR:

Mother would be proud of her, she was sure, Gu Xiulan thought smugly as she fought the mess the other girl had made of her hair. It was just good sense to acquire those of good talent. Gu Xiulan had always wanted a handmaiden of her own after all.

Yes, that handmaiden turned out very well, eh Lanlan?

Had a hearty chuckle at this one.
Me too.:evil:

Also, that reminds me that we didn't have interludes in this thread yet. If i had to chose, it would be one of our friends from Outer Sect: Su Ling or Han Jian or maybe one of the Ma sisters, snakemaid interlude also wouldn't be bad.

Does having more than required amount of insight or advanced insight give breakthrough bonuses for spiritual, physical or domain cultivation?

Does having more than required amount of insight or advanced insight give breakthrough bonuses for spiritual, physical or domain cultivation?
We really don't know. Not enough information yet to tell for certain. Since it has to do with domain though, it probably won't effect breakthroughs of spiritual and physical unless those breakthroughs rely on the domain in some manner.

Oh guys GUUUUUUUUYS!

I just thought of the perfect way to find the best hubby possible for Meizhen.

We set up a series of dinner dates between Best Snek and one of her suitors that have the latter rotated until everyone has a turn EXCEPT we spike the food to give her suitors food poisoning. Whoever pukes on Meizhen is obviously her destined One True Love :p

Last edited:
Oh guys GUUUUUUUUYS!

We set up a series of dinner dates between Best Snek and one of her suitors that have the latter rotated until everyone has a turn EXCEPT we spike the food to give her suitors food poisoning. Whoever pukes on Meizhen is obviously her destined One True Love :p
Bon appetit! :rolleyes:

Oh guys GUUUUUUUUYS!

I have many questions.

Not saying I am against it per se, but I feels that I am missing some context.

Am I the only one that thinks that trying to hook Meizhen up with a guy (and seeing as she has shown zero interest in guys so far) is deeply unsettling?

Just because she's heading towards what would probably be best described as "marital rape", doesn't mean you need to speed it up.

Last edited:
Oh? That's interesting, what legend are we talking about?
Kid buys a snack from a god in disguise contains an immortality elixir and gets sick, god proceeds to hold the kid upside down over the side of a bridge and puke it up into the river. The vomit lands on a White Snake that proceeds to instantly gain 500 years of cultivation thanks to the elixir and obtains a human form. Kid and White Snake meet as adults and proceed to fall in love.

Legend of the White Snake - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Kid buys a snack from a god in disguise contains an immortality elixir and gets sick, god proceeds to hold the kid upside down over the side of a bridge and puke it up into the river. The vomit lands on a White Snake that proceeds to instantly gain 500 years of cultivation thanks to the elixir and obtains a human form. Kid and White Snake meet as adults and proceed to fall in love.

Legend of the White Snake - Wikipedia

So........would one say it would be a repeat of history?

So, our recent Bai history lesson inspired me to illustrate the story of Yao the Fisher.

And so I present, the 100% legit story of the Origins of the Bai:

"One person's desires cannot, alone make a home nor a family." does not obviously mirror the language as seen in the other options, but I think it is still related to more than just AM and the basic family/home related philosophy of our Domain. I believe that it draws from 3. The insight is a caution against a pitfall of the third insight leading to false expectations based on the labor, efforts, or pains that go into the "something of beauty" Ling Qi is presenting to someone. What the audience thinks is beautiful matters too, not just the scale of the trials attaining the metaphorical bauble.

Oh right. Completely missed that. The thing of beauty is a GIFT. Not for its own sake

"One person's desires cannot, alone make a home nor a family." does not obviously mirror the language as seen in the other options, but I think it is still related to more than just AM and the basic family/home related philosophy of our Domain. I believe that it draws from 3. The insight is a caution against a pitfall of the third insight leading to false expectations based on the labor, efforts, or pains that go into the "something of beauty" Ling Qi is presenting to someone. What the audience thinks is beautiful matters too, not just the scale of the trials attaining the metaphorical bauble.

Oh right. Completely missed that. The thing of beauty is a GIFT. Not for its own sake
Does that means that our Advanced Insight would give SL4 with us bonus to their weakest stat, as something that they need opposed to fixed (if maybe greater) bonuses from FVM Insight?
P.S.: Also i noticed that meaning of our Domain little by little drifts from Home to Family. It's (relatively) small change, slowly going and far from complete, but still.

Does that means that our Advanced Insight would give SL4 with us bonus to their weakest stat, as something that they need opposed to fixed (if maybe greater) bonuses from FVM Insight?
P.S.: Also i noticed that meaning of our Domain little by little drifts from Home to Family. It's (relatively) small change, slowly going and far from complete, but still.

I suspect enhanced social perception to know what your friends really want

Maybe something in the line of synergy if there are friends with a high enough SL in combat? Or since it is sort of linked to Argent Mirror, something in the line of dispell by proxy

Maybe something in the line of synergy if there are friends with a high enough SL in combat? Or since it is sort of linked to Argent Mirror, something in the line of dispell by proxy
Seems unlikely, our domain (at least for now) works as passive boosting device, without doing anything active or even giving attacking bonuses, despite aggressive nature of FVM and FSS.

Ling Qi is actually pretty terrible at reading her friends though. She doesn't know what they want, its a long running thread that she keeps misinterpreting
Hilariously enough it isn't denying my point.:V
Though i find it pitiable and boring if LQ really just gets S.Perception from this Insight.

Hello all! I just finished reading the available chapters and came here to ask. The chapters that Yrsillar puts on the royalroad this an edited material with minimal changes? Or can he / has already changed events for the sake of the plot / integrity of the story / desire? Or he can / has already changed events for the sake of the plot / integrity of the story / desire?

Back