Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I would like to note when the rolls happen, if my potentially earned Omake Points will help produce a positive result with either or both rolls, I would like to spend those. Will likely be working when rolling happens, and whether we get CMP or not, or what our Harmonious Water's bonus turns out as is something I value.

As someone who is pro-DEF I do prioritize CMP over a mining improvement.

If I am somehow mistaken on the exact nature of these points, clarification would be great.

I would like to note when the rolls happen, if my potentially earned Omake Points will help produce a positive result with either or both rolls, I would like to spend those. Will likely be working when rolling happens, and whether we get CMP or not, or what our Harmonious Water's bonus turns out as is something I value.

As someone who is pro-DEF I do prioritize CMP over a mining improvement.

If I am somehow mistaken on the exact nature of these points, clarification would be great.
Okay I'm forgetting, whats CMP guys?

While I'm busy creating trouble on discord by arguing that those slots should actually already be filled if you think about it :p

We already have guards who should be patrolling and manning the walls as needed. We already have the Gold Autumn school clerks in our admin. Both the walls and admin centre, fluffwise, already have cultivators assigned.

While I'm busy creating trouble on discord by arguing that those slots should actually already be filled if you think about it :p

We already have guards who should be patrolling and manning the walls as needed. We already have the Gold Autumn school clerks in our admin. Both the walls and admin centre, fluffwise, already have cultivators assigned.

I could be incorrect, but I think CMP requires a minimum power level. Higher Yellow or maybe an unattached Green. I don't see how some basic Reds would add 50 to DEF, considering Ling Qi does not add that much when she's in town.

I could be incorrect, but I think CMP requires a minimum power level. Higher Yellow or maybe an unattached Green. I don't see how some basic Reds would add 50 to DEF, considering Ling Qi does not add that much when she's in town.
What a CMP corresponds to is deliberately ambiguous, but I think that would push it to be too many "higher" level cultivators? And also most of our cultivator population should be reds.

In part of course this is because 1 MP also doesn't correspond to a fixed number of people - 1 mp in admin isn't necessarily the same number of people as 1 mp in agriculture etc. It's deliberately not specific. I think what it corresponds to varies.

You can't look at the defense numbers like that either, because otherwise it would be impossible for us to get enough guards to provide 50 defense with 1 CMP. LQ is stronger than dozens of common soldiers, but the expected number of cultivators for a village like this would be fewer than 20 cultivators. For a village of 1500 like what we were defending from the nomads, the typical number of cultivators would be ~15 by WoG.

What's actually going on is we do different things. Greens can be great if you need to delete a roaming giant bear, but otherwise are only one person who has other things to do. The common guards provide coverage, which is crucial to maintaining that general background security. A lot of the things we'd be used for are things that would be actual story arcs rather than background security rolls. We could destroy our entire guard force singlehandedly, but they contribute more to our village's defense score because we're generally busy doing other things.

If anything, I'd argue that Renxiang's score is too high, and Gan and Xia Lin's should be increased instead because they're the ones who spend the most time on security matters.

Soooo... That plan is nice, but it has one big flaw: it leaves us with about 50 materials to use for the following month. We absolutely need the plan that wins here to have Call on Cai wealth (ressources), or we'll be in a bit of a bind when we vote next month's plan.

Our biggest issue RN is that we want cultivator manpower to man the walls when we'll be busy in Ith land. Our most direct way to get there is to upgrade snowblossom temple and go temple shopping... And we know of one temple whose effects are unknown: the hunter's shrine, unlocked by the foorestry.
So, in the interest of not being forced into taking low material cost project last month, I suggest this plan:

[X]Plan Green and Red
-[x] Hamlet Forestry
-[x] Snowblossom Temple
-[x] Call on Cai clan wealth (ressources)

edit: it looks like yrs let slip a typo: we should have 99.5 materials, not 199.5.... So we can't afford the current plan at all,since it would cost 105 materials
[X] Plan: Deep Forest Shrine

Last edited:
Shit, I hadn't run the numbers, and my old general projections were from before we unlocked three slots.

I think we do really want to get Boiling Deeps though. Question is whether or not we should be going for Snowblossom or Boats imo.

The question of why can't we use the cultivators we already have working for us in the exact buildings we want them to staff becomes more and more relevant :V

my plan name was so good thoooooo 😭

edit: and it looks like our current plan is also illegal because the fief tab currently (probably) has a typo in our materials. According to @barty spreadsheet we should have 99.5 mat, not 199.5. We don't have enough materials.

Last edited:
Brief overview:
  • mandatory: Call on Cai Clan Wealth
  • good meta: Boiling Deep Shrine Foundations (+H), Snowblossom Shrine (+C chance)
  • good resources: Hamlet Forestry, Fishing Boat Construction
  • meh resources: the field stuff
  • useless or harmful: basically everything else
  • other: Population Drive (+H&D on multiples of 10 due to roads - is this new? but we need about 4 instances to get there). Note that P eventually becomes harmful once we're staffing sheep since they're a net A loss, though not much of one. I also want to do this soon-ish if just to get an idea of how the cost increases.
  • note: almost everything gives further unlocks now
Since BDSF's H bonus won't take us to the next threshold (edit: but wait, that math doesn't add up! Should be 134 not 133. But since math is only done using tenths it still doesn't matter), the optimal plan is:

[X]Plan Green and Red

but very similar is:

[X] Plan: Tip a Canoe
-[x] Fishing Boat Construction
-[x] Snowblossom Shrine
-[x] Call on Cai clan wealth (resources)

Last edited:
Hmm, so plan wise we need to change things, and this gets into questions of prioritisation.

I think getting Boiling Deeps up and running is a priority - it needs two turns and relates to a lot of important things. The question then imo is whether to prioritise boats, shrine, or forestry.

Forestry is the best return on ag, and does unlock more interesting buildings. That being said, as we've discussed before, our actual resource generation isn't really the most important thing here so the ag gain doesn't matter much.

Boats we've been wanting to do a while, unlocks even more fishing upgrades, and helps feed our people. Also gives more manpower which we "need".

Shrine is preferred from the perspective of optimising our cultivator gacha, though I'm holding out hope that I can convince yrs that the Gold Autumn school clerks should already count as CMP assigned to admin in which case our CMP slot would already be filled and we wouldn't have any rolls until the Boiling Deep Shrine foundation raises our cap, which would reduce its priority.

I'm kind of maybe leaning boats right now? But could change. So here's some plans for people:

[x] Plan: Hot Spring Fish Cafe
-[x] Boiling Deep Shrine Foundation
-[x] Fishing Boat Construction
-[x] Call on Cai clan wealth (resources)

[] Plan: Red God Blue God
-[] Boiling Deep Shrine Foundation
-[] Snowblossom Shrine
-[] Call on Cai clan wealth (resources)

[] Plan: Deep Forest Shrine
-[] Boiling Deep Shrine Foundation
-[] Hamlet Forestry
-[] Call on Cai clan wealth (resources)

Back