Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Do we want to reveal what CtE can do this match?

for one, this probably doesnt reveal the full extend of it. Even if it does, we keep the improved FVM and HDW secret. SES too if we dont need it. The way the elder said what he did, there is explicitly no risk that we accidentaly kill someone or that this tech counts as foul play. LQ wants to see how good she is now and with all of that I am pretty ok with using CtE.

How do you even know that, he was wearing those billowy robes yesterday too, Ling Qi thought in exasperation.

Sixiang scoffed silently. "Like that'll stop me. The wind gets everywhere you know?"

She put Sixiang's teasing out of wind, and recognizing that the time for it was over, the muse desisted.
:facepalm:
Greeeat, now they wouldn't stop with wind jokes.
*Sigh*
I wonder, if Dark was our choice, when we had chance, does it mean that now we would have enjoying black humor instead?:drevil:

Sixiang scoffed silently. "Like that'll stop me. The wind gets everywhere you know?"

Through a great effort of will Ling Qi prevented her eyebrow from twitching.
LQ: "Having you take Wind was a mistake."
S: 'A wonderful mistake.'

The Legend of Ling Qi the Horn Dog lives on I see. Excellent.
S: 'As their eyes met, the dark and mellow maiden of the Moon allowed her all-consuming eyes to trace down the strapping young man's neck, down his chest, until it finally settled upon his bare midriff. With skill born from years of experience, the moonlit minx bored into the helpless lad's stomach with a gaze that could not be denied. Every savory strand of every succulent fiber of every scrumptious muscle was devoured, piece by delectable piece, by those cerulean man-eaters some would call eyes. As the innocent boy stood there, thoroughly debased and rendered unsuitable for any sort of marriage, the Beast of the Deflowering Moon spoke:

'"So... you come here often?"'

LQ: "I hate you so much."

for one, this probably doesnt reveal the full extend of it. Even if it does, we keep the improved FVM and HDW secret. SES too if we dont need it. The way the elder said what he did, there is explicitly no risk that we accidentaly kill someone or that this tech counts as foul play. LQ wants to see how good she is now and with all of that I am pretty ok with using CtE.

Ehhh, I think it's kind of a given that we would keep improved FVM as secret since the improvement is mostly Traveler's End nuke damage, which in my mind is more fitting for a huge AoE. and the buffs, well, revealing the buffs, though useful, isn't really all that big a deal in my eyes. Though it is a good thing Sixiang can cover our base. Just that CtE is so freakin potent that I'm iffy about revealing it right away in our first match against someone who I'm pretty sure we'd win against even without it (may just be a tad overconfident in this one admittedly). I guess if he proves to be more powerful than this, we could reveal it. This would cost though of doing that is a reevaluation of tactics from our future opponents. On the other hand, we use CtE, we insta-kill him (probably) and gain prestige for downing the guy so quickly (for a short while)

All these people talking about husbandos and new social links while I wish we could cut the social bloat enough to at least have a scene with every one that matters every two to three turns.

Not that that's ever happening, of course, with a quests need to enforce meaningful choices and thus action scarcity, questers disagreeing on which characters matter and a story's need to have a coherent and timely flow.

But one can dream!

. "This one hopes to see both of your youthful spirits released to their fullest extent."

Welp, we found our rival screaming about youth. But he a got bit fat and small while we weren't looking. :V

Also sixiang :
>has perfect control over wind
>Can use it to detect what our ennemy wear.
>Can use it to detect stuff.
>Can use it as a perception art to see trough illusions.
>Use it instead to check out abs.

We trained her/him so well.:cool:

[X] Fight aggressively, using her arts to defeat him proactively with her more direct arts.
-[X] use the HR -> CtE combo as the main offense (use the distance CtE version at Very Close (40 meter) or closer range), SES to prevent dipels, TRF (mainly HRA) if we need to defend, Sixiang for dispels (offensive and defensive ones); try to win fast to minimize the drawback of fighting him + spirit beast

"In accordance with Sect rules, Disciple Liang He has chosen a challenge of direct combat. Let both competitors be at ease that this humble Elder shall not allow either of you to come to permanent harm," the Elder continued baring his teeth in a smile that stretched just a touch too wide. "This one hopes to see both of your youthful spirits released to their fullest extent."
Kind of reminds me of Guy Might from Naruto. I mean, he doesn't look like Guy Might, but all this talk about "youthful spirits released to their fullest extent" is sort of like Guy Might's youthful talk.

Aside from his flowing silver robes, he wore a featureless jade mask with dark smoked lenses that prevented her from seeing his eyes, and a loose hood attached to the rest of his robes that concealed the rest of his head. He certainly hadn't been wearing that yesterday when she had met him and made her challenge, nor had she heard anything about him wearing such a thing in past. It was a talisman, that much was certain, but she couldn't be sure of its function without a closer examination.
As other's have mentioned, these pieces of equipment are probably meant to help him deal with Ling Qi's typical strategy. Most likely preception increase for the mask, but I'm unsure what the hood is for. Style? Armor? Spiritual Defense? I'm not sure, but seeing how he got a talisman which appears to try and mitigate our advantage rather than increase his advantage, the other talisman probably follows suit.

Also, it means that he is taking this fight seriously, and is not sure that he would have good enough chances to combat us without specific gear, which is a point in our favor.

Through a great effort of will Ling Qi prevented her eyebrow from twitching. She almost felt her cheeks catch on fire as the Elder shot her a knowing look out of the corner of his eye. Thankfully her opponent was oblivious to her inner turmoil, merely sliding into a strong advancing stance as he drew the long straight sword from his storage ring in a flash of light. There was yet no sign of his spirit beast.
Elder knows what's up. Silly Sixiang, broadcasting such scandalous information where our superiors can hear it. He's an elder though, and the details of what body type Ling Qi likes is probably very low on his priority of care.

Additionally, our chosen competitor has dropped into a "strong advancing stance" which indicates that he is probably going to be moving forward quickly and is probably going to be aggressive. Also, Ling Qi's knowledge of swordplay is at least good enough to spot the type of stance an opponent is entering, which is pretty cool! My main concern is going to be that he is engaging in a feint, but I can't for the life of me figure out what he would gain from a feint. He knows that we do very well in extended fights, and given that he is a sword fighter and his elements I don't think he would do will in an extended fight.

All in all, I'm fairly confident that we can defeat him given our astounding progress in FVM and FSS. I've yet to determine what strategy would be best, a defensive strategy or an aggressive strategy. Still thinking about it.

I like the feel of Arkeus' plan best so far

[X] Fight aggressively, using her arts to defeat him proactively with her more direct arts.
-[X] Set the terrain toward absolute winter to bolster her arts and limit his as she dances around his attacks in twilight, trust in Sixiang to keep him and his spirit beast well drunk and unable to activate any complex techniques, and punishes each with a refrain. If needed, his sword and the spirit's claws could be countered by your ring's armament.

[ ] Fight aggressively, using her arts to defeat him proactively with her more direct arts.
-[ ] Set the terrain toward absolute winter to bolster her arts and limit his as she dances around his attacks in twilight, trust in Sixiang to keep him and his spirit beast well drunk and unable to activate any complex techniques, and punishes each with a refrain. If needed, his sword and the spirit's claws could be countered by your ring's armament. Focus on taking the spirit beast out of the equation first should it manifest itself, as chances are the duelist himself will try and spend time bolstering it with buffs in a manner similar to Han Jian and Kang Zihao

Aside from perception, He probably gave his spiritual defence a bit of boost from his mask and hood talisman. Too bad we also boosted our buff in SMB

Edit: would actually make sense if he has a defensive Domain Weapon

Edit: changed

Last edited:
-[X] Set the terrain toward absolute winter to bolster her arts and limit his as she dances around his attacks in twilight, trust in Sixiang to keep him and his spirit beast well drunk and unable to activate any complex techniques, and punishes each with a refrain. If needed, his sword and the spirit's claws could be countered by your ring's armament. Focus on taking the spirit beast out of the equation first should it manifest itself, as chances are the duelist himself will try and spend time bolstering it with buffs in a manner similar to Han Jian and Kang Zihao

Hm, what is the range of our Sword's AOE? Depending on this we might need to slightly correct our tactics, also on Tournament we almost never used SCS, i am sure we never used OWS Tech there, we can exploit it to surprise swordboi.

Last edited:
Vague poetic tactics descriptions are awful :(

-[x] Flavor: with our newfound mastery, cast all we behold into wintery night, ending our foe with our frozen serenade.
-[x] Echoes -> MotV to create darkness to boost GCD -> Go on offense with Hoarfrost + sword. Use CtE (non-touch) if sufficiently pressured. Defense priority: HRA > GCD > TRD; Deepwood only if there's a really big attack we need to block?). Sixiang spams dispels.

-[X] use the HR -> CtE combo as the main offense (use the distance CtE version at Very Close (40 meter) or closer range), SES to prevent dipels, TRF (mainly HRA) if we need to defend, Sixiang for dispels (offensive and defensive ones); try to win fast to minimize the drawback of fighting him + spirit beast

-[x] Flavor: with our newfound mastery, cast all we behold into wintery night, ending our foe with our frozen serenade.
-[x] Echoes -> MotV to create darkness to boost GCD -> Go on offense with Hoarfrost + sword. Use CtE (non-touch) if sufficiently pressured. Defense priority: HRA > GCD > TRD; Deepwood only if there's a really big attack we need to block?). Sixiang spams dispels.

What I don't like about this is that Echoes is great here, and not using it just feels like arrogance.

Vague poetic tactics descriptions are awful :(

It feels kind of bad to be really specific. If I was going to be specific I would say Echoes/Aria -> pure FSS offense with SCS and TRF defensive techs and Six spamming dispels, and that's basically what Arkeus said anyways. I think PLR and FVM are not too action efficient here, because there are only two enemies and both have presumably good perception and also we have no setup time.

[X] Fight defensively, in her more usual style, relying on her arts wearing him down
-[X] Begin with Spring's End Aria and Echoes of Absolute Winter while moving backward
-[X] Quickly transition to Mist of the Vale boosted by Sixiang's Cheerful Muse's Accompaniment
-[X] Rely on Sable Cresent Grace and Thousand Ring Fortress for defensive capacity, enduring his early aggression.

Given that he has entered an aggressive stance, I feel that backing up and setting up our defenses will do us well. I would rather not try and do a rush battle with him since he has another damaging spirit beast to assist him.

[X] Fight defensively, in her more usual style, relying on her arts wearing him down
-[X] Layer her arts one on top of the other, establishing dominion over the battlefield. There is no rush to deal damage or drain Qi; instead, work to stack the fight in her favor, avoiding attacks that would cripple, dispelling effects that would debilitate, and all the while laying down her own arts.

So many varied vote. Imma come back to this and vote for the Agressive options.

Seems the most prone to wardrobe malfu youthful exchange of spirit.

Back