Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
And, to her growing incomprehension, she found that this was only the face which looked upon the empire, a spike of pain shot through her mind, and she saw in the blurry distance; a green skinned man of with beard bound in a strange stiff coil, holding a strange golden scepter in his hand, another with gleaming silver helm and shining ruby who soared through the stars, and beyond even that an androgynous figure with eyes of purest flame that danced in cruel merriment, and...
There are other lands Ling Qi, other interpretations of the moon. Even though you were not meant to see, remember and let curiosity do the rest.

[X]Wind
[X]Wood

Lockin in baby.
Wind was there at the start and wind is bae, its ours in a way none of the other really are. It's just kind of criminally underrepresented in our build right now because interested external parties hit us with the big boy arts and there was never a time where the opportunity cost of pursuing wind again was sufficiently low compared to just sticking with our doner arts.

This is unlikely to change for some time, maybe Never if we let it. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I do find my own desires for the character involving not...being soley built of stones from other places, especially when our self identity is such a critical character point for us.

Hopefully one day this sentiment can make mechanical sense to pursue, or the other aspects of it can grow in strength to surpass raw mechanics.

Anyway, this can remain true in this vote while not impeding our character's chances for growth in the future. So that's my somewhat more heartfelt than i originally expected vote.

Wood is a good second, thats why it's there over water. At least the wood has seen good use instead of just being a rider.

Last edited:
[X] Darkness

I love greedy-girl Ling Qi. Yeah, I enjoy her flighty-ness and her will, but my favorite character trait has been her latching onto people and abilities and going 'Mine!'

Don't remember which element corresponded with loyalty, but if someone can find it I'd probably throw it an approval vote.

To be clear this is not going to result in ling qi immediately dropping any elements or anything, its just answering sixiangs question of what you feel is most important right now
If the question is what important to us right now than answer is simple.

[X] Darkness

P.S.: I really hope that it gives us bonus to Dark cultivation because right now we didn't have one aside from Ice Mom site.

[X] Wind
[X] Wood
[X] Water

more Darkness just seems too "samey" IMO.

I prefer Wind and Wood but Water seems interesting too.

Last edited:
[X] Wind
[X] Water

we must be swift as a coursing river

with all the force of a great typhoon

Also dreams should not be dark, she is not a nightmare!

Back