Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
@yrsillar, I got back into this story again and started reading the Royal Road version. Since that is more of a final version, I thought you might not mind someone pointing out spelling mistakes and such. Might make it easier on the eyes for future readers, even if correcting them is tedious.

I'm only at Chapter 73, and I only really started writing them down around chapter 30, but here is what I have so far:

Bonus 5: The Great Sects
Capitalization of s/Sects is inconsistent.

> the fruits of which went were delivered the sects ruling clan.
"went to the" or "were delivered to the"; "sect's"

>the practice of allowing sects spread throughout the empire
"to spread"

>under the prince's superlative leadership, and the core of strength arising from the Sect's the barbarians were defeated
"the Sects, the"

> the Great Sect's were born
Sects

>to enroll their second sons and daughters in the sects programs
"sects'"

>multiplied the Sects funding many times
"Sects'"

Bonus 6
> Ones immediate retainers and maids were often the ones a noble was closest with after all.
One's

Chapter 31
>The three of you found one of the mountains vents?
mountain's / mountains'

Chapter 32
> congested her entire life and could only now breath freely as her Argent Foundation expanded from bone to organ
breathe

Chapter 34
>and the the metallic clangs as Hong Lin struck him a half dozen times
remove "the"

Bonus 7
>And If you can't manage, than you keep your head down and stay outta sight, you hear?"
then

Chapter 38
>Avoiding another thunderous strike from her own opponent. Ling Qi played first dissonant note of the new verse, the shadows grew darker and hungry eyes appeared in the mist.
"opponent, Ling Qi"; "the first"; "verse. The shadows"

Chapter 41
>he stepped over Cui's emerald coils andoffered Bai Meizhen her hand
"and offered"

Chapter 44
>Ling Qi picked up on the unspoken threat of what would happen if the two girls they evicted didn't take the payment and clear out though.
"out, though."

Chapter 48
> the trick to weaving the the first two melodies together
"weaving the first"

Bonus 9
>In order to refine the body and spirit, or practice arts and techniques requires additional infusions of external qi.
Grammar issue: Either "Refining etc requires" or "In order to refine … it is required/one needs/etc"

>trading away some portion of their humanity identity to catalyze their internal energies
"humanity", "identiy" or "human identity"?

Chapter 53
>Ling Qi squinted at the white hot characters her friend was pointing too.
"pointing to"

Chapter 54
>study them beyond a few basic alarm and spirit wards for home.
"my home", probably?

>not pointing out the number of times she had overbalanced and fell over while learning to swing around the heavy guandao
"and fallen"

Chapter 60
>We're already doing pretty good, aren't we?
suggestion: "pretty well"

Chapter 63
>shards tore right through her spinning winds, slicing across her limbs and in one case, embedding itself in her shoulder
themselves

>a dozen meters away.Ling Qi felt
"away. Ling"

Chapter 66
>I was simply searching for my friend ,Gu Xiulan, and
"friend, Gu"

> Ling Qi felt something like pressure pressing down on her
Recommendation: "pressure weighting down"

Bonus 11
>It is agreed among scholars that that by the time of Longshen's rebellion, the Ao family already in its terminal decline.
"family was already"

>Patriarch Lu Guanxi chose to awaken his clans ancestor
clan's

> the desperate efforts of the empires formations masters to contain
empire's

Chapter 69
>. is unseen feet struck the ground
"His unseen"

>If Ling Qicould land another shot as well
"Qi could"

Chapter 70
>the boy's father, a man grown and the owner of the lumber yard,
"a grown man"

Chapter 72
> Ling Qi returned to meditation.Under the effects
spacing

[X] Help Mother with her physical cultivation. Although most of the exercises Elder Zhou had used were too extreme, she could pass on a few secrets of physical conditioning.

She awakened her Spiritual Cultivation and we just saw her practicing her Cultivation Art, but it sounds like she hasn't started on Physical Cultivation at all, and might not know how to start. So helping her get that last part of her foundations unlocked so she can safely practice everything even when Qi's instruction isn't available is important.

[X] Help Mother with her physical cultivation. Although most of the exercises Elder Zhou had used were too extreme, she could pass on a few secrets of physical conditioning.

But guys, if we encourage Ling Qingge to do physical cultivation, she might train her Strength higher than our sorry stat. That'd just be embarrassing. The shame of it all!

But guys, if we encourage Ling Qingge to do physical cultivation, she might train her Strength higher than our sorry stat. That'd just be embarrassing. The shame of it all!

We're as strong as a Peak Red can get, so if Qingge gets more swole than us, that means she's made it to yellow. I see that as a win-win

@yrsillar, I got back into this story again and started reading the Royal Road version. Since that is more of a final version, I thought you might not mind someone pointing out spelling mistakes and such. Might make it easier on the eyes for future readers, even if correcting them is tedious.

I'm only at Chapter 73, and I only really started writing them down around chapter 30, but here is what I have so far:

Bonus 5: The Great Sects
Capitalization of s/Sects is inconsistent.

> the fruits of which went were delivered the sects ruling clan.
"went to the" or "were delivered to the"; "sect's"

>the practice of allowing sects spread throughout the empire
"to spread"

>under the prince's superlative leadership, and the core of strength arising from the Sect's the barbarians were defeated
"the Sects, the"

> the Great Sect's were born
Sects

>to enroll their second sons and daughters in the sects programs
"sects'"

>multiplied the Sects funding many times
"Sects'"

Bonus 6
> Ones immediate retainers and maids were often the ones a noble was closest with after all.
One's

Chapter 31
>The three of you found one of the mountains vents?
mountain's / mountains'

Chapter 32
> congested her entire life and could only now breath freely as her Argent Foundation expanded from bone to organ
breathe

Chapter 34
>and the the metallic clangs as Hong Lin struck him a half dozen times
remove "the"

Bonus 7
>And If you can't manage, than you keep your head down and stay outta sight, you hear?"
then

Chapter 38
>Avoiding another thunderous strike from her own opponent. Ling Qi played first dissonant note of the new verse, the shadows grew darker and hungry eyes appeared in the mist.
"opponent, Ling Qi"; "the first"; "verse. The shadows"

Chapter 41
>he stepped over Cui's emerald coils andoffered Bai Meizhen her hand
"and offered"

Chapter 44
>Ling Qi picked up on the unspoken threat of what would happen if the two girls they evicted didn't take the payment and clear out though.
"out, though."

Chapter 48
> the trick to weaving the the first two melodies together
"weaving the first"

Bonus 9
>In order to refine the body and spirit, or practice arts and techniques requires additional infusions of external qi.
Grammar issue: Either "Refining etc requires" or "In order to refine … it is required/one needs/etc"

>trading away some portion of their humanity identity to catalyze their internal energies
"humanity", "identiy" or "human identity"?

Chapter 53
>Ling Qi squinted at the white hot characters her friend was pointing too.
"pointing to"

Chapter 54
>study them beyond a few basic alarm and spirit wards for home.
"my home", probably?

>not pointing out the number of times she had overbalanced and fell over while learning to swing around the heavy guandao
"and fallen"

Chapter 60
>We're already doing pretty good, aren't we?
suggestion: "pretty well"

Chapter 63
>shards tore right through her spinning winds, slicing across her limbs and in one case, embedding itself in her shoulder
themselves

>a dozen meters away.Ling Qi felt
"away. Ling"

Chapter 66
>I was simply searching for my friend ,Gu Xiulan, and
"friend, Gu"

> Ling Qi felt something like pressure pressing down on her
Recommendation: "pressure weighting down"

Bonus 11
>It is agreed among scholars that that by the time of Longshen's rebellion, the Ao family already in its terminal decline.
"family was already"

>Patriarch Lu Guanxi chose to awaken his clans ancestor
clan's

> the desperate efforts of the empires formations masters to contain
empire's

Chapter 69
>. is unseen feet struck the ground
"His unseen"

>If Ling Qicould land another shot as well
"Qi could"

Chapter 70
>the boy's father, a man grown and the owner of the lumber yard,
"a grown man"

Chapter 72
> Ling Qi returned to meditation.Under the effects
spacing
Thanks :) I do like having stuff pointed out to improve the story. In the future though, please PM me with this since it's a little easier for me to find and reference when I go on an editing binge.

We're as strong as a Peak Red can get, so if Qingge gets more swole than us, that means she's made it to yellow. I see that as a win-win

Imagine that, even low reds are comparable to movie action heroes, with high strength reds being able to casually perform feats that in rl require powerful construction machines. And we are that strong while relatively dumping that stat

Which reminds me of a comment I wanted to make back when we became mist a few updates ago, but forgot to.

Not gonna lie, one of the reasons I used to have xianxia as a guilty pleasure is the power fantasy of the casual transhumanism they exhibit, and the kind of world it creates. I still love these stuff, but one day their flaws became too unbearable to enjoy even as junk food (it was the misogyny and misanthropy they exhumed, everything else I could stomach to get to the good part).

This story is like a salve upon ailing wounds, it gives me what I used to eat xianxia for better than xianxia do, without any of their annoying flaws (heck, I think its worth reading even if one dislikes power fantasies and transhumanist fantasies). I don't have to even feel guilty for this pleasure anymore.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Arkeus on Jan 25, 2020 at 12:16 PM, finished with 108 posts and 76 votes.

Given the marked increase in both health in fitness we've seen just from reaching Gold body, coupled with the removal of built up toxins and the repair of old injuries as you reach further stages I can't help but feel Qingge is going to be very very drawn to physical cultivation as she enjoys the benefits it brings.

I'm saying the time of Swole-Mom, disciple in spirit of Zhou the musclebound fortress is coming.

So I just reread the Gu Xiulan interlude after her tribulation, and I realized something. One of her key desires from cultivation is acknowledgement. She wants to be acknowledge by her mother, her father, her sister, and her grandfather. She wants the Gu to be acknowledge by all of Golden Fields and the empire as a whole.

And then, as she was leaving, Ling Qi went and gave her a song that was nothing but acknowledging everything she's been through and the growth she's experienced.

No wonder Lanlan was tearing up.

So I just reread the Gu Xiulan interlude after her tribulation, and I realized something. One of her key desires from cultivation is acknowledgement. She wants to be acknowledge by her mother, her father, her sister, and her grandfather. She wants the Gu to be acknowledge by all of Golden Fields and the empire as a whole.

And then, as she was leaving, Ling Qi went and gave her a song that was nothing but acknowledging everything she's been through and the growth she's experienced.

No wonder Lanlan was tearing up.
It's not just that, acknowledgement is important to her, but it's that Ling Qi, someone Xiulan sees as having surpassed her, gave that acknowledgement honestly and wholeheartedly in a way that can't be misconstrued as condescending or minimizing of her trials. The way yrsillar wrote the imagery of the song suggests that despite Ling Qi being a more advanced cultivator, she still admires Xiulan's strength and growth, which for Xiulan who was always jealous of Ling Qi's talent has got to hit hard.

Also it showed that Tribulations can change spirits (like with Hanyi, but it wasnt so obvious there), so there might come a time where Ling Qi will encounter her own Tribulation and one of her spirits might just be affected as well.

wait a spirit being affected by a tribulation in which their existence might be unwound if the dice are cruel?

You mean like Six just now? Did. Did we have a tribulation moment without realizing it? :0

Back