Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Zhengui is that friend that doesn't quite get why their other friends don't get along, not realizing how possessive a literal lightning/fire elemental and a Yuki-Onna in training actually are.

I love it.

So, Xuilan is just 'my friend' to Linhou?

And is Linhou seem to have grown 'maturely' faster than Zhengui, though that could just be due to his being a Xuanwu and Linhou being a Fire/Lightning spirit.

So, Xuilan is just 'my friend' to Linhou?

And is Linhou seem to have grown 'maturely' faster than Zhengui, though that could just be due to his being a Xuanwu and Linhou being a Fire/Lightning spirit.
Linhuo and Hanyi both seem to be going the Fairy growth route, since they're both fragments of manifestations of elemental weather systems. Aside from Hanyi being frozen in growth for a long while.

The training scene might be more interesting than I thought. Bao Qian is interested in business ventures, and Hanyi is interested in money and storage rings and pretty clothes and such. Ling Qi may not be interested in selling recordings of her music, but Hanyi may not be so stingy with putting herself out in the world. Maybe Sixiang could duet with her!

Poor Hanyi, doesn't even get an allowance. Has to take on a part-time job to make ends meet. :(

For absolutely no reason at all, it can't be discord! / sarcasm off :p
I will now advocate once more to choose Cold Star. It's a blade art from another sect, which Ling Qi got trough the Cai package, I think. Now think. Didn't we want to teamwork with Zhengui and Hanyi? Colstar is contrast Fire/Ice. The battle advantage maybe negligible, but the long term potential for Ling Qis Way is enormous in my opinion!

It's a mistery box competing with other arts, which Diomedan pointed out before, but I think the long term mistery box is worth it! Don't you want to discover the Hidden misterys of the World and look badass, while working together with your spirits!?

I sure do!

The training scene might be more interesting than I thought. Bao Qian is interested in business ventures, and Hanyi is interested in money and storage rings and pretty clothes and such. Ling Qi may not be interested in selling recordings of her music, but Hanyi may not be so stingy with putting herself out in the world. Maybe Sixiang could duet with her!

Poor Hanyi, doesn't even get an allowance. Has to take on a part-time job to make ends meet. :(
To be fair, she is somewhere around forty years old.

I think Coldstar could unironically be really interesting to see how it develops with input from Zhen and Hanyi.

I doubt the math cabal will go for it though. That is a strange place.

Well, Cold Star will be relegated to wherever Night Parade got dumped though it does have the advantage of being something Ling Qi actually has in her possession. Interesting and spoken of well, but ignored due to momentum.

I just wanted Ling Qi to have backup drummers. The duality if Night parade-

Guess all we can do is imagine a decendant choosing those arts instead.

Well, Cold Star will be relegated to wherever Night Parade got dumped though it does have the advantage of being something Ling Qi actually has in her possession. Interesting and spoken of well, but ignored due to momentum.

I just wanted Ling Qi to have backup drummers. The duality if Night parade-

Guess all we can do is imagine a decendant choosing those arts instead.
I really like thee whole clanbuilding aspect of this quest, I am looking forward to seeing how we can support Biyu through her time at the sect.

I really like thee whole clanbuilding aspect of this quest, I am looking forward to seeing how we can support Biyu through her time at the sect.
Biyu isn't going to join the Sect for another 11 years. We'll have just served out our ten year military service with CRX when she enters. I'm kind of excited for Ling Qi going back to the Sect for a bit while she joins the nobility in truth, provided we ever get that far in quest. Checking up on out friends that stayed, getting some Moon and court training with Xin and Sima Jiao, and of course being there for Biyu.

Most important: I recall Hanyi hinting at the Bao boy that she was fond of gifts. Will he bring her gifts this time?

Hanyi will not be his wing-woman with LQ without suitable bribery. If he is a smart man, he will surely understand this.

Living on the frontier during wartime with the Barbs backed by baba yaga.

Honestly, I suspect she isn't destined for an ideal life, though naturally, the thread will try to make the best of it.
The life biyu will live as a noble child on the frontier will be better than the life she could have led with only her mother.

I like coldstar blade art and have two points of agreement with it.
One: being a good contrast art for our fire and ice spirits to work with
Two: being a good melee art for us to abuse with the new PLR

if we get even one narrative prod that it'd help smooth the hanyi zhengui us teamup I would take it over something else. duno what we would cut, but my guess would be UGM? mixups are strong. Close range, mid range, melee range and touch attacks would make us even more unpredictable. Although I'm not sure how mixups would play out mechanically, I know they're typically strong in terms of surprise and initiative-exploitation as well as chaining-combos.

I guess the other problem besides time is a lack of high quality blades to work with, unless we can use it through our Domain Weapon? As in, it costs us actions to apply to Domain Weapon and use, but the Domain Weapon is part of us and is the blade that benefits from our use? If that was the case I'd be 100% down to skip UGM or one of the "necessary well rounded" arts to grab Cool Blade and Narrative Domain Weapon Hook. I miss our knives, and the saber scene with CRX was neat.

for contrasts: we're a city girl but we have spent so much of our time out in nature and the rural spaces. Our loneliness contrasting with the intense interconnectedness. Our outward gloomy aesthetic contrasting with our bright and energetic personality. The airheadedness contrasting with a solid grounding in hard work and spreadsheets. Our desires for freedom contrasting with our desires for roots. Honestly? Yeah. I'm down. UGM is cool but I always liked coldstar.

Official Petition to Replace UGM with Coldstar: on the condition that Coldstar is usable through our Domain Weapon since it's a third arm blade that *should* qualify for it

EDIT: the cabal has math'd and it just. Without authorial intervention or pill gacha deus ex there is no way to do Coldstar even if we cut UGM. It's just too expensive on every metric, feelsbad

Last edited:
Anyway, on another note: we should really be thinking about talisman upgrades.

Some thoughts on possibilities:
  • Weapon: obviously a priority - question here is what we want from it. Possible ideas: +Range could be really nice, since our aoe obvious gains a lot from it and our single target attacks don't have the best range. Or we could just go for +Power. @Black Noise suggested some kind of overcharge active that allows us to boost an attack up a rank by increasing its qi cost the same, which could also be interesting.
  • Accessories: we've got our Resist talisman, so what do we want for the other two slots?
    • +Combat Perception? Many would really like a bit more of this, perhaps to make up for us not focusing perception in our arts. What would we prefer though? Just straight +Perception? Something focused on +Remote Viewing (which includes both scrying AND our drones)? Could we maybe get something that more gives a passive awareness/hostile intent sensor thing if what we're really concerned about is sneak attacks?
    • +Music Range. If we don't get this on our flute, then I'd be strongly in favor of seeing if we could get an accessory that works as an amp or something. I think it could be hugely valuable to us, and would be really cool. @yrsillar probably wouldn't let us stack this, but it could be pretty cool if we could push BKSD out to "distant" range :V
    • Qi regen/recovery? A fair argument can be made that with the stuff we've already got, and are looking at getting this turn, we'll be fine for qi regen. I, otoh, am of the opinion that the correct amount of qi regen is "Yes"
    • Cleansing/self-dispel? We've gotten hit pretty bad with poison recently, and while Sixiang is great they can't do everything. A case could be made for the value in something more here.
    • +Speed? Dancing boots? Something movement related maybe? Might be too much utility, but I was thinking that something that allows us to move around faster and cover greater distances could be pretty handy with some of the movement shenanigans that PLR looks to be picking up...

So I was just doing a little bit of rereading of last month, and noticed this:

"Not directly," Cai Renxiang answered bluntly. Ling Qi, saw the other girl toying with the hilt of her sheathed saber as she spoke. A new tic of some kind? "Though I am aware of them all."

Renxiang's Integration foreshadowing?

Wonder if we'll end up with any tics, and what that would look like, considering our domain and us keeping our weapon hidden.

Back