Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by naths on Nov 25, 2019 at 5:27 PM, finished with 84 posts and 43 votes.

So, given that Ling Qi's mother handled having two cultivators at the home pretty well, I propose that we up the number to three!

With Gu Xiulan heading out soon, I think inviting her over for tea with our other friends might be appropriate to give our well-wishes and goodbyes. Specifically Li Suyin, Bai Meizhen, and Gu Xiulan. All of these people benefit from our domain, and so I think it would be nice to bring all of them to our home for a nice party.

[X] What was known about the enemies that had attacked them

Feels like while knowing the internal politics is interesting, it is very unlikely to be something Ling Qi can really use herself in the short term, while knowing more about the enemies is more likely to be relevant to actual military actions.

[X] What the internal response of the province had been like

Asking about this will give us extra warning that Xiulan is about to leave, probably. That and Renxiang is connected to Shenhua who, as a White, is intimately involved with politics.

That and we can probably ask Elders or someone else for the deets on the enemies.

This feels like a question of which information is going to be more immediately useful.

Did our performance get us distinguished what with saving three villages and all. I dunno if i missed a mention but i havent really seen much to indicate that besides flippant comments from friends

Alright, let me put this in another way then.

I agree 100% that hearing about what the different Count clans response to the barbarian incursion would be interesting, and yes, it would probably be better to hear from the one who would know about it straight from the source.

However, here's the thing, we have an upcoming CRX interlude coming tomorrow that will most definitely talk about political issues on the matter (along with news of Cai baby).

While Yrs would most likely write it differently when the internal response vote wins, heck probably have some additional details as well, chances are, it's going to be a slight repeat of the same scene except Ling Qi listens in on CRX's insight of the situation. (Feel free to refute this, patreon users).

Another thing as well
They both made their farewells and Ling Qi turned back to her destination. She knew she had many things to speak of with Cai renxiang, but the first thing on her mind was…
Some of you may argue that once we take a certain scene, Ling Qi may IC not learn from it again, but the thing is, vote is mostly about what WE see onscreen. There are also several interesting things that we could also learn about the enemy that a ducal would have access to, different clans of the Cloud Tribe, as well as the mysterious existence of the Gnawing ones. Yes, we could learn it from an Elder, but will it be presented onscreen though?

The enemy vote is also the more useful one short-term as we're gonna get a follow-up of several military missions. I'd also like to hear more from CRX who, chances are, she was at the frontline as well (in a different section) when this happened (since she participated in the military exercises as well)

Changed my mind. Ling Qi was in a 'Kill the things that threatened my home' mentality earlier back when we talked to mom, so I feel like this is the most appropriate choice.

We'll get both choices anyways, but this seems like it'll be at the forefront of her mind.

Neither Renxiang nor the sect are inept enough to withhold information on the enemy, and she's basically our sole source of knowledge for provincial politics. The basis of our relationship with and our obligations to Renxiang are also inherently political, suggesting that should be the focus when speaking to her. Also, other people might speak of the barbarian threat to Ling Qi, nobody is going to talk to Ling Qi about the political situation. And even if they did, it would t be from the perspective of Renxiang's political requirements of us, which are important.

Further, our martial decisions are much more restrained to on-site contexts than our political ones are. We need the broad overview for politics more.

Not even the siren call of possible ice lady knowledge can sway me. Mostly because it would be total ass to hear about from her like this. Complete squandering of the element of the conflict

Back