The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

Ouch! Seven 1s, the dice gods have not been kind.

[] Blacksmith Tools are going missing in the Creator's Garden. Find what is removing them and deal with it. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)
Bet this ties into where the hammer went.

Agreed. Though I don't know if we have the ability to deal with the creature if it's marked hard. Though if it's difficulty is based on it's stealth capabilities we may be able to use the Garden to deaden some senses to enhance the others.

[] The Archives maintain a map of the most commonly used tunnels in the midlands and highlands. Review it and walk it's paths to ensure they are still accurate. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)
^ This one seems helpful just to gain a map of common locations for future reference

The following two also seem easily do-able:
[] An Eighth Circle Immortal Chef has a dish she wishes feedback on. Payment is contingent upon useful criticism. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)
^ Not sure how much advice we can give but possible. Could we get Meng Hui to help us critique?

[] A Fifth Circle Disciple is honing a technique and wishes to gain a proper test subject. Present yourself to serve as such. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)
^ Taking a beating seems easy enough. The difficulty is probably because of the pain you'd suffer.

[X] A Ninth Circle Disciple wishes a new sparring partner. A basic test of competence will be administered before you will be allowed to take this assignment. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)

I think it's a decent reward and Zhi is a decent fighter.

[] An Eighth Circle Immortal Chef has a dish she wishes feedback on. Payment is contingent upon useful criticism. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)

WE CAN GET PAID TO EAT
[X] A Ninth Circle Disciple wishes a new sparring partner. A basic test of competence will be administered before you will be allowed to take this assignment. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)

We're also very below our usual par right now due to the mutation traits

Last edited:

[] The runes on the lamps within the Archives need to be refreshed. Recarve them using the template provided. (Difficulty: Easy. Reward: 4 Sect Points)

I feel like these two could be pretty easy for us and give a nice top off of points. I'd be of a mind to take it easier while we still keep working our limbs.

[X] An Eighth Circle Immortal Chef has a dish she wishes feedback on. Payment is contingent upon useful criticism. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)
[X] The runes on the lamps within the Archives need to be refreshed. Recarve them using the template provided. (Difficulty: Easy. Reward: 4 Sect Points)
Not biting the blacksmith plot hook.

[X] Blacksmith Tools are going missing in the Creator's Garden. Find what is removing them and deal with it. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)
[X] The Archives maintain a map of the most commonly used tunnels in the midlands and highlands. Review it and walk it's paths to ensure they are still accurate. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)

Lets use the training that Aunt Bi has provided us to best use.

Edit: oh, no moratorium? well then

[X] An Eighth Circle Immortal Chef has a dish she wishes feedback on. Payment is contingent upon useful criticism. (Difficulty: Medium. Reward: 7 Sect Points)

We used to be a decent fighter. Post-mods, even with our remedial training, we're only a bit over half as good as we were. Keep that in mind before going for a mission that involves us sparring with mundane martial arts, and with a test to see if we're good enough besides.

WE CAN GET PAID TO EAT
Wrong, payment is contingent on useful criticism. Kong Zhi doesn't know enough about cooking to offer useful criticism.

Remember, the listed difficulty is what the Sect judges it as, KZ is gonna be better at some stuff and worse at others

[X] Blacksmith Tools are going missing in the Creator's Garden. Find what is removing them and deal with it. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)

Last edited:

Okay, so, I'm not decided on the other one, but I want to do this very badly now that I've figured something out.

I think it's a Kukuni. Likely the one from the hammer we put in the Armory. More importantly, this has given me the clue as to the Kukuni's moment.

Remember where we got that blacksmith's hammer from? We got it by stealing it from Jin Yazhu in the Creator's Garden. Kukuni are born from moments of import, and that was an important moment for Kong Zhi, Jin Yazhu, Mei Daiyu, and Mo Hanying. It defined the duel.

So now? Now there's a relatively newborn kukuni, fueled by us placing its vessel in a place rich in Steel anam, dedicated to stealing blacksmith tools from the Creator's Garden. It's freaking hilarious. Finding it and dealing with it should be very much within our abilities.

EDIT:

Kong Zhi actually has done fairly well in terms of his internal monologues when eating Ming Hui's food. Also, that Appraise skill of his would potentially come into play here.

We can also shut down all of our senses save Taste and Smell using SEG, and enhance them to higher levels. EDIT 2 - actually, we'd need to keep feel on as well, to get texture.

Last edited:

The first may be related to the happenings in the Armory, which I'm curious

EDIT: Switched second to tasting, since we can amp that sense up by shutting out the others with SEG. We'd probably want to keep smell along as taste though.

Last edited:
So now? Now there's a relatively newborn kukuni, fueled by us placing its vessel in a place rich in Steel anam, dedicated to stealing blacksmith tools from the Creator's Garden. It's freaking hilarious. Finding it and dealing with it should be very much within our abilities.
That's amazing

And yeah, With the New and Improved Super Sense we got from mastering SEG, It'll be hard for something to Hide from KZ.

PLUS! he gets bonus Dice to perception from the new eye right?

No no no. Guys, the tasting one. It has to be the tasting one.

We just mastered Stallion's Enclosed Garden, we can shut out all our senses save Taste. We'll notice more, taste more depth of flavour. It's literally ideal for Zhi at this moment.

[X] The runes on the lamps within the Archives need to be refreshed. Recarve them using the template provided. (Difficulty: Easy. Reward: 4 Sect Points)

More info on the possible Kukuni would be good, and the people talking about using SEG to enhance taste-testing have a point.

Just wanted to repost this since it's been awhile.

So here's a cool thing.

We need 33 Wood anam and 22 Earth anam to Max out our Blooming Spear technique.

(The Blooming Spear btw doesn't suffer from the 50% debuff from our new arm)

We have 10 Earth Anam via our Grade 2 pill, and There is a Wood Wonder for rent.... The remaining Earth Pills we need would cost 14 points, and the Wood Wonder costs 50 points to rent, but has 200 Wood anam.

We'll have 12 talents as of next week, and Xu Yun should be giving us half his earned points this week. At a cost of 64 points, if the exchange rate is 4-5 we can most likely max out the Blooming Spear right before we do the deeps. Hell, if we do some sect jobs next week, we could still do it even if the exchange rate is 2-3

With our Spiritual Talent 4 and the Drive boost... it should only take 3-4 cycling actions on the last week, right before we do the Deeps.... raising it's Dicepool from 15d10s7 to 30d10s7 AND giving us another point in Strength

Combined with the Rakshasa? That's 50d10s7 per round, just from Kong Zhi!

We currently have 24 points, we're getting our allowance this week, so we'll have 12 Talents.

So, if we get at least 16 points this from these jobs, then we can master BSA before the deeps even if the exchange rate is Two Points per Talent.

If It's 3 points per Talent, we could get another anam pill, healing pill, or maybe splurge and grab a high quality mat or two.

Last edited:

I argued for the runework, but Enjou raised a fun plot point so I'll join the risk it for the biscuit party.

[X] The Archives maintain a map of the most commonly used tunnels in the midlands and highlands. Review it and walk it's paths to ensure they are still accurate. (Difficulty: Hard. Reward: 11 Sect Points)

No no no. Guys, the tasting one. It has to be the tasting one.

We just mastered Stallion's Enclosed Garden, we can shut out all our senses save Taste. We'll notice more, taste more depth of flavour. It's literally ideal for Zhi at this moment.

Not quite. Eating food involves 3 senses, not just one.

1st and least imporrant is feeling aka allows you to sense the texture of the food and also appreciate whether its hot or cold.

2nd is taste. Self explanatory.

3rd is smell. If you doubt me i welcome you go google accounts of people who have lost their sense of smell in accidents no longer enjoying food. Its got a literal connection with taste in the human brain.

That being said.

Garden still gives us an advantage, sight and hearing are not a part of eating (at least not sight once youve gotten the food into your mouth lmao) so its still an advantage worth leveraging.

Also forge plot is interesting.

I really want to do the map just for general knowledge but I like the reasoning people are giving.

1st and least imporrant is feeling aka allows you to sense the texture of the food and also appreciate whether its hot or cold.

2nd is taste. Self explanatory.

3rd is smell. If you doubt me i welcome you go google accounts of people who have lost their sense of smell in accidents no longer enjoying food. Its got a literal connection with taste in the human brain.

Normally this is true, but considering the magic of the technique is explicitly about 5 senses, I wonder if the magic of it results in a departure from normal biology

Last edited:
Back