The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

Frankly we do not need travel supplies yet, nor do we really need the pills we should probably just grab some neat looking crafting mats or demure.

[] Plan Future Warsong
-[] Spider's Serum (11 Points. Grade 2 Beast Elixir)
-[] Woodsman's Respite (7 Points. Grade 1 Wood Pill)

This puts us close to leveling two Techs in the future (we'd need more Wood pills, but then again we're coming back anyways).
No point buying anything unless we think we'll need it before the duel or for the close vestige. Only exceptions is stockpiling likely crafting mats.

I'm of the opinion that we don't need more than 9-10 Anam in pills rn - aside from the shallows, we aren't going to need them for anything until after the duel, where we'll have our allowance and more time to hunt and buy stuff.

I'd lean towards the love letters because it's a rare and interesting aspect, along with one or two grade one pills. Maybe one pill and another interesting mat.
Leaning more towards one back up pill and some mats, those glass warhammer or the giant's armor maybe?

No point buying anything unless we think we'll need it before the duel or for the close vestige. Only exceptions is stockpiling likely crafting mats.
Then there's no point buying anything. We have no idea what our future projects may be, at least one of which will be a commission, and there will be cool crafting mats in every market run.

If we're talking mats, I do kind of have my eye on the anvil. Remember how KZ was remarking he needed a forge last crafting session? A self heating anvil would be very useful. Sadly the only fire material is pretty weak.

Last edited:
Kong Zhi's musings about the game piece and our recent woodworking escapades have made me think of a new crafting project. Perhaps we could make a chess set?(or whatever similar strategic board games exist in this world).

I'm thinking some manner of opposing elements with war in the mix for the whole thing. Example: Giant's Armor of a Foreign Make (Blood/War 17), A Tattered Prayer Scroll (Sun/Heaven 9), Timbers of the Caravan (Night 11) , Game Piece (Mind 3). The final result I'd be looking for with this combo is something that not only lets you play the game but teaches you how to play the game(mind/war) and it would provide value as a recreational device and also a technique training method.

Of course we can't exactly afford all those and some of them are already slated for projects besides, but thats the basic idea im thinking of and we could implement it with other materials if we plan ahead. Maybe even something with Time if we manage to find (or create) materials with that anam. A fun personal project with value besides. Something Kong Zhi has been wanting for a bit.

So just a warning, but the Giant's Armor of a Foreign Make is pretty big. It was built with the intention of being worn by someone eight feet tall, with enough give to swing around a big hammer. (That was his exact words.)

So fundamentally, two rules of thumb I've taken from previous crafting session are: avoid mat with multiple anam types, and avoid unwieldy mats.
With that in mind, I think that reduces the market to:

[] A bundle of fresh Ifeagrass. (1 Point. Blood Aspected. +2 to development)
[] Bottled ash from experiments in the Creator's Garden. (2 Points. Fire Aspected. +3 to development)
[] The hide of a shellrat. (1 Point. Earth Aspected. +2 to development)
[] Scales from a Lightbridge Trout. (1 Point. Water Aspected. +2 to development)
[] A Rusty Dagger. (4 Points. Treachery Aspected. +8 to Development)
[] Freshly-Hewn Obsidian. (2 Points. Light Aspected. +4 to Development)
[] A Brass Knocker. (2 Points. Force Aspected. +3 to Development)
[] The powdered beak of a crow. (1 Points. Wind Aspected. +2 to development)
[] Wool of a Verdant Ewe. (1 Point. Beast Aspected. +2 to development.)
[] An Everbloom. (3 Points. Life Aspected. +6 to Development)

Leaving the most potent mats to be the Everbloom and the Rusty Dagger. I think either would have great potential in charms. Like life/blood charms might be nice for healing. Treachery charms seem good with more esoteric effects.

Of course, doesn't mean we should be limited by this list, but other available mats should really require careful thought.

Last edited:
So fundamentally, two rules of thumb I've taken from previous crafting session are: avoid mat with multiple anam types, and avoid unwieldy mats.
With that in mind, I think that reduces the market to:

Leaving the most potent mats to be the Everbloom and the Rusty Dagger. I think either would have great potential in charms. Like life/blood charms might be nice for healing. Treachery charms seem good with more esoteric effects.

Of course, doesn't mean we should be limited by this list, but other available mats should really require careful though.

Scrolls ought to be pretty small too, issue is how we'd use them given we have no paperworking. Only thing I can think of is to burn em down and then use them as a dye of some sort.

Alright lads and lasses we have a some choices to make.

We have 5 talents but need to save 1 for our letter home. That leaves us with 4 that can be turned into 16 sect points, plus the 2 we already have for a total of 18.

Also, there are some shinies in the mat sections.

That being said.

These are the cheapest pills. We could by three of any of these and still have 3 points left over to grab a new mat or two. That gives us 15 anam in our pocket.

Alternatively we have just enough points to buy two of these.

This gives us 20 anam on hand but we gotta give up on getting any new mats this time around.

Or we could split the difference, buy one of the grade 2 pills and have 9 points left for new mats.

Thoughts?
I'd rather buy the cheapest pills and not plan on pills for BSA or Warhound. If we pop one of the pills during the shallows it'll be a waste to use the more expensive Beast or even Wood pill. When we eventually rent a Natural Wonder we'll have to go to the market anyway and can buy the correct pills then. The cheaper pills, if there are any left, can be used for the Deeps as well.

I'd rather not buy any materials at this point.

Another thought for a mat would be the pirate flag. Combine it with the camel turkey feathers and cut the Ice mat and you could have a cool base for a formation flag using Clothwork.

Scrolls had two anam types, so they broke my first rule.

Fair, but they are night resonant which might help the box actually.

I'd rather buy the cheapest pills and not plan on pills for BSA or Warhound. If we pop one of the pills during the shallows it'll be a waste to use the more expensive Beast or even Wood pill. When we eventually rent a Natural Wonder we'll have to go to the market anyway and can buy the correct pills then. The cheaper pills, if there are any left, can be used for the Deeps as well.

I'd rather not buy any materials at this point.
Issue is we really won't need the shallows, and no guarantee warsong's embrace (best for leveling up two of our techs) will be there next time we shop) Materials we can always accumulate and use later, same with pills.

Two reasons to go for the loveletters. Two reasons you cannot refuse.

1. Ves will actually write a love letter Zhi will read.

2. Night + Beauty + Mind = Mei Daiyu in a box.

Imagine her face at the duel when Fa summons her clone to fight her.

Last edited:
If the Box we're going to make could include the Shell Fragment alongside Timbers, Teeth, and Game Piece - the Shell forming the backing of the central panel - then the Hide of a Starbreed Steed might be worthwhile. It would further enhance the Beast aspect, and I feel like Star and Night would have an interesting synergy.

It would be ambitious, expensive, and maybe a bit out of our capabilities but I'd be into it.

Two reasons to go for the loveletters. Two reasons you cannot refuse.

1. Ves will actually write a love letter Zhi will read.

2. Night + Beauty + Mind = Mei Daiyu in a box.

Imagine her face at the duel when Fa summons her clone to fight her.
And if we use scrolls, wood, teeth and piece we summon a hungry unseelie sidhe equivalent to eat our enemies that may or may not look like a dark distorted version of the highest app person in the area. Which might still be Daiyu. The letter should be interesting though regardless of use.

If the Box we're going to make could include the Shell Fragment alongside Timbers, Teeth, and Game Piece - the Shell forming the backing of the central panel - then the Hide of a Starbreed Steed might be worthwhile. It would further enhance the Beast aspect, and I feel like Star and Night would have an interesting synergy.

It would be ambitious, expensive, and maybe a bit out of our capabilities but I'd be into it.

I like the ambition but it's a little much right now. Scrolls are a hard maybe for the design adding the chitin is going to make it way too much for us to do to be feasible.

Plan no snappy names here

[] Bound Loveletters (6 Points. Night/Beauty Aspected. +8 to Development)
[] An Everbloom. (3 Points. Life Aspected. +6 to Development)
[] Seabreeze (5 Points. Grade 1 Water Pill)

Leaves us one talent in case we need it in addition to our message fee. We get two interesting mats and a pill just in case.

At the beginning of Time there was nothing but Night. And Night sprung an egg, an egg of Anam.

That Egg only had one dream. A dream of a Beautiful world. And so the Tripart world was born like the world's most demented jack in a box.

We too, can make that egg, and our own jack in the egg of a box. This analogy makes sense. Trust me.

[X] Plan Mei-Daiyu-in-a-Box
-[X] Spider's Serum (11 Points. Grade 2 Beast Elixir)
-[X] Woodsman's Respite (7 Points. Grade 1 Wood Pill)

Last edited:
[X] Plan KR
-[X] Soldier's Requiem (9 Points. Grade 2 Earth Pill)
-[X] The Heart of Stone (5 Points. Grade 1 Earth Pill)
-[X] A Rusty Dagger. (4 Points. Treachery Aspected. +8 to Development)

15 anam and a new Mat that looks like we can use to level weaponcrafting.

I'm thinking either a Stealth Charm or something that boosts Sneak Attacks?

[X] Plan What We Came For
-[X] The Heart of Stone (5 Points. Grade 1 Earth Pill)
-[X] Seabreeze (5 Points. Grade 1 Water Pill)

Dirt Cheap, 10 anam in pills for the shallows. Only forces us to convert two talents to sect points at the even-worse-than-usual rate. None of the materials are ones we're currently looking for, and while novel items are cool, there will always be novel items and we can pick them up later with sect points we get from missions or Xu Yun, saving us the costs of converting talents to sect points.

Last edited:
Woodsman's Respite and the Spider Serum make 18 points and get us 10 Beast, 5 Wood. That would be enough to level Warhound's, and one more pill would get us BSA if we rented Warsong's Embrace.

Warhounds needs Beast and Sound, not Wood. Warsong's is not guaranteed to be available by the time we've found 30 sect points.

Last edited:
Back