The Long Founding (Warhammer 40k)

Voting is open
Also, can I ask the people that next turn, we should use as little points as available?

I'd like to have as many points as possible for this batch of Space Marines we'll use for the 10th Chapter:
Yeah, agree. I propose to just buy one or two Traitor geneseed's and see what we can do. The Verdant Eyes didn't have any Chimeric, Legendary or Extra Training, but they did just fine. Let's save on the points for our next Chapters and then buy as much stuff as possible, I propose to buy Traitor geneseed so we know exactly what we are dealing with and for what to use them later, also to buy two of them, so we can spend less points later to finally unlock every available Legion, again, just so we know what we are dealing with and where they would perform the best.

Last edited:
Echoing the idea of doing a "normal" founding or two while we stock up on geneseed/training/equipment charges before making another Holy Shit founding.

Maybe a straightforward loyalist-based chapter, then one derived from one of the traitor legions we haven't done yet.

Id want to Make an Ultramarines anti Rebel chapter.

I feel like id be a good lineage for it since the Ultramarines law abiding would actually help in both putting down rebellion and making sure the planet doesnt become useless in the aftermath.

Conquering worlds and turning them productive for the empire was guillimans great crusade strat afterall.

Last edited:
Id want to Make an Ultramarines anti Rebel chapter.

I feel like id be a good chapter for it since the Ultramarines law abiding would actually help in both putting down rebellion and making sure the planet doesnt become useless in the aftermath.

Conquering worlds and turning them productive for the empire the guillimans great crusade strat afterall.
Basically, what did the Ultramarines do when Diplomacy was available to them during the Great Crusade?

I second this.

About the Secondary Gene-seed, can we only add 1 extra legion to add onto the primary legion, or can we add more?

Because I'm thinking about a (stupidly expensive) legion with traits from 9, or even 18 legions.

Hmm. I started thinking...What about we make a "running joke" and every time we ue Thousand Sons we mix them with Salamanders?

Grimm-"WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS GOOD IDEA?! WHY DID I THINK THIS WA-Oh wait, their mutations aren't that bad...Again."

Like, obviously, we wouldn't get lucky every time, specifically Grimm and Emperor influenced the rolls in this case, but just the idea that Grimm has this wierd subconscious urge to mix together the most mutation prone geneseeds and can't stop himself.

Also imagine if Vulkan talked to Grimm.

Vulkan-"I'm just curious, why I have so many...Shared sons with Magnus?"
Grimm-"Honestly, I can't explain myself, It just always seems a good idea at the drawing board."
Vulkan-"Still, even you're first Chapter were sons of me and Magnus."
Grimm-"What...? Oh, no. The Verdant Eyes are pure Salamanders."
Vulkan-"*Looks at The Verdant Eyes* *Looks back at Grimm* Sure...Sure..."

TBF we actuall only rolled low on 3 of those rolls
70s roll is actually pretty good and a 50 while mid isnt bad.

Really the big thing is managing to do well against the beast while a fledgeling chap.

Can't wait to see how pleased the Emperor is with Grimm.

Not only is this chapter an outstanding success, but Grimm had a 98 roll on intervention for handling the Salamander geneseed mutation, which lead to the golden scales.

Can't wait to see how pleased the Emperor is with Grimm.

Not only is this chapter an outstanding success, but Grimm had a 98 roll on intervention for handling the Salamander geneseed mutation, which lead to the golden scales.
I mean emps did quite good as well turning what was essentially the blank aura of wanting to kill them into mini beacons of light in the warp on a 50.

I think it is where Crucible Throne will work as. Quite possibly, it is very much like lesser version of Golden Throne but with them supporting Golden Throne in maintaining Astronomicon, possibly that power from Emperor's Landing will be siphoned towards Emperor but that is not a sure thing.

Voting is open
Back