The Long Founding (Warhammer 40k)

Voting is open
Okay, time to catch up and...
Famous for the precedent of Reinforced Chapters or, as more famously known within the Imperium, Guilliman's Exception,
Huh. I have to admit it feels strange to have been the one that seemingly ended up naming 'one of the big changes' that this story has created so far. At least, I believe I ended up naming them going by how people appear to rather like the fact I called them that...

Guess we'll have to wait and see until another Chapter is made that would benefit from the Exception if they actually are named that or not. Or if the Exception sees future use even without Guilliman around to command it.
It appears that this 'Imperial Creed' that's been growing like a weed since the Heresy is starting to look into creating so called 'Shrine Worlds' as centers of worship.
... So just how long until Emperor's Landing gets removed from our list of possible Chapter Homeworlds QM? Because this sounds to me like 'within the next couple of Chapters'.

For emperors landing i would recommend doing pure Thousand Sons geneseed or chimeric with one of the following:

Thousand Son/Ultra Marine
Thousand Son/Imperial Fist
Thousand Son/Blood Angel
Thousand Son/Word Bearer
Thousand Son/Salamander
Thousand Son/White Scar
Thousand Son/Alpha Legion
Thousand Son/Iron Warrior
Thousand Son/Death Guard

I feel that best "Legion/Planet synergy" Emperor's Landing has with Blood Angels & Word Bearers.

There is no need to use Thousand Sons, if we can pick one of above (or both, via Chimeric Geneseed) and later pick "More Librarians" option

Magnus was the greatest Psyker of all Primarchs and his geneseed naturally produces a large amount of Psykers. The Emperor's Landing is literally saturated with Emperor psychic energies, the synergy is obvious, the only synergy with Blood Angels is due to their Legion having the second largest number of Psykers and Word Bearers only due to their history with Imperial Cult, it's not like Thousand Sons can't be religious on Emperor's Landing and worship Emperor as a deity. Black Templars are Imperial Fists after all.

So yes, Thousand Sons have great synergy with the planet. Beside, we can double down on Librarius with The Sons, something we are far less likely to do with other geneseed, we seen the results on doubling down with The Eternal Guard. Imagine Chapter composed entirely of highly trained and powerful Psykers who are on top of that, empowered with fragments of psychic echo of even more powerful Psyker. Also, Emperor psychic echo may lessen the mutation issue.

I think that 1k Sons would make for good synergy sanctic sorcery

To be "Librarian blasting 'Xenos, Mutant & Heretic' with Holy Power of Emperor" vibes more towards Word Bearers Librarians, than Thousand Sons, due to Word Bearers being "Chaplains - The Legion"

Other "synergistic choice" for Emperor's Landing, might be Emperor's Children. Like, "Emperor's Children Librarian blasting enemy with Holy Power of Emperor himself"

keep in mind we also have to worry about the Flesh Change if we go pure Thousand Son so that list was a way to benefit from the other legions traits while also acting as a sort of stabilizing agent for the flesh change

I lean towards Thousand Sons/Word Bearers hybrid for the Emperor's Landing due to a nice combo of psyker stuff and faith for a place brimming with the Emperor's power.

To be "Librarian blasting 'Xenos, Mutant & Heretic' with Holy Power of Emperor" vibes more towards Word Bearers Librarians, than Thousand Sons, due to Word Bearers being "Chaplains - The Legion"

Other "synergistic choice" for Emperor's Landing, might be Emperor's Children. Like, "Emperor's Children Librarian blasting enemy with Holy Power of Emperor himself"
While true I think that the Irony of the sons of Magnus who made a hole in imperial webway is just so funny

Voting is open
Back