Ship of Fools: A Taylor Varga Omake (Complete)

I love Plas too. One of the most dangerous members of the Justice League. I still remember what he ended up like in the Dark Knight Returns stuff. Completely insane Plastic Man is kid of flipping terrifying.

Yeah, Plastic Man usually comes off as a joke but as several storylines have demonstrated he's actually incredibly powerful when he wants to be. His powers are one of those ones that sounds unimpressive on the surface but get progressively stronger the more you think about them, until you realize that he's actually an immortal, nigh-invulnerable, regenerating shape-shifter with immunity to anything that targets biology, including telepathy and undeath.

And even using his weaknesses only results in temporary incapacitation; he recovers just fine once the weakness in question (extreme and rapid temperature changes, certain chemicals) is removed. Plastic Man cannot be stopped, only slowed down.

Last edited:
I wonder how would Plas fall under Manton limits in Wormverse.

Probably the same way as Weld; living enough to block nonliving specific powers, and nonbiological enough to block living specific powers.

In other words, it's unlikely any Manton Limited power would work on him. As Weld proves, there is precedent for this.

Edit:
And Imped.

It's good fanon/semi-canon that Tinkertech is often inspired by the powers of other capes. So can we call Murphy's new toy the [Ring of Militia]?

And once again it's proven that the main difference between Batman and Armsmaster is where they get all their wonderful toys. ^_^

Seeing the snake bite its tail with regards to Worm fanfics and the Multiverse of Myth is amusing. I wonder which fics Dragon's kid found? Internship?

Last edited:
Sounds like Ramoth was looking for Taylor Varga, and found canon Worm.

And may well eventually read it, and think, 'This fanfic of reality in the Family's dimension is obviously written by someone who really enjoyed making things absolutely horrible just for its own sake. It's a good thing that real life isn't like that on the whole...' :D

It's good fanon/semi-canon that Tinkertech is often inspired by the powers of other capes. So can we call Murphy's new toy the [Ring of Militia]?

And once again it's proven that the main difference between Batman and Armsmaster is where they get all their wonderful toys.^_^

Seeing the snake bite its tail with regards to Worm fanfics and the Muktiverse of Myth is amusing. I wonder which fics Dragon's kid found? Internship?
I refuse to believe it's not either Silencio or The Techno Queen! *KRACKATHOOM*

And may well eventually read it, and think, 'This fanfic of reality in the Family's dimension is obviously written by someone who really enjoyed making things absolutely horrible just for its own sake. It's a good thing that real life isn't like that on the whole...' :D
'But what if we are the fanfiction? ... ... Thank god for fanfiction writers!'

Yep. He's the hero that always bounces back. :grin:
Luffy wishes he could be Plastic Man with a pirate hat. :V

Last edited:
The former coma patient looked over at the lizard doctor and asked plaintively, "I am awake right now, right?"
Poor Cordy. At least she's up and about now. I'm not sure I want to know her reaction to boinking Connor and giving birth to a Rogue Power. That might actually get her to for real faint.

Legend, it's time to wake up and smell the bullshit you've been fed. You're a nice guy, but seriously man. o_O

Ten minute speed run on Coil. Thanks for that. While driving their Coil round the twist was funny to read, there wasn't a real need to try and top that.

Yep. He's the hero that always bounces back. :grin:
*fishslap* That was terrible. :p

"WHAT!" said the hero in question, his draw quite literally dropping to the ground

I'm not saying PM couldn't be impersonating something with drawers, but, should that be 'Jaw'?

I'm guessing the reincarnation bit was Cordy, as, otherwise I think she goes on to become one of the Powers. Arguably, not a pleasant fate.

Nice improv magic item creation by Saurial, there. I'm guessing, though, that wasn't totally off-the-cuff as the mental interface magic would have taken a bit of careful work. So, I'm guessing she used the same principles as some previous item she'd made.

Not seeing the Family take down the Travellers was interesting. While I'm pretty sure they could have done it, I believe they all need to breathe, if nothing else, so the nitrogen atmosphere trick should work, while the Family's all hidden by Assassins Cloak, I'm still a bit curious.

Nice chapter!

Last edited:
My only question is what that chapter had to do with reincarnation?

Think of it less like the whole Eastern Religion concept, more like the spell in Dungeons & Dragons. Something is reborn as something new -- the Green Lanterns into the Guardian Lanterns, Cordelia into her earlier self, LV-426 from a horror movie site to a place of refuge...even Legend turning from a mushroom into a weed in Cauldron's garden...

Think of it less like the whole Eastern Religion concept, more like the spell in Dungeons & Dragons. Something is reborn as something new -- the Green Lanterns into the Guardian Lanterns, Cordelia into her earlier self, LV-426 from a horror movie site to a place of refuge...even Legend turning from a mushroom into a weed in Cauldron's garden...

Well there's the problem, I don't any D&D spells XD.

But in all seriousness, thanks for clearing that up.

Back