Ship of Fools: A Taylor Varga Omake (Complete)

meeting with the seven dimensional expatriates

Um, there are eight dimensional expatriates:
Xander Harris - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Jimmy Olsen - DC Comics
Taylor Hebert - Parahumans series
Harry Dresden - Harry Dresden series
Ellen Ripley - Alien franchise
Miles O'Brien - Star Trek franchise
Daniel Jackson - Stargate franchise
Peter Parker - Marvel Comics

I figured you would know this as you brought them together.

I like the fact that you've got Peter talking to kids and basically giving them the talk of good and evil.

Other than that I'm surprised Qs didn't make an appearance when they went to the Star Trek verse.

Uh, if I were the Q, I'd want nothing to do with Varga, who could probably accidentally sneeze them out of existence.

Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint, and the Batman who Laughs for good measure. Pretty sure DC is running on 40k Ork tek at this point. Namely holding together due to wishful thinking.

Actually, at this point; Access is still running around and between the DC and Marvel multiverse patching holes and trying to keep them stable and separate so the brothers don't wake up

Uh, if I were the Q, I'd want nothing to do with Varga, who could probably accidentally sneeze them out of existence.
I don't see this in the slightest. I know Varga is really cool, but he can't snap his finger and travel millions of years into the past and make changes to wipe out all life on Earth.

Easily.

The Q and the M function as fairly omnipotent to anything below themselves with feats far, far outdoing anything Varga has shown.

Um, there are eight dimensional expatriates:
I figured you would know this as you brought them together.

As I was trying to assign reviewers to each set of media for a character, I was trying to make sure that none of them got assigned more than two times. I ended up thinking, "OK, which of the seven other than the current one haven't been assigned twice?" over and over again, and I guess it stuck. Thanks, I fixed it.

I like the fact that you've got Peter talking to kids and basically giving them the talk of good and evil.

Kids are great foils for cynical characters.

Don't underestimate the Q. He was snapping things out of existence on screen way before Thanos. I will say that I expect Varga and Q to have mutual respect and professional courtesy toward one another.

Don't underestimate the Q. He was snapping things out of existence on screen way before Thanos. I will say that I expect Varga and Q to have mutual respect and professional courtesy toward one another.
If only due to one Troll recognizing and tipping their hat at another card carrying member. :D

I don't see them collaborating much, they seem to have different ideas on how to gain the most entertainment out of the rubes.

Aaagh, all this buildup is killing me, please let it be lizarding time soon. :V

The Q and the Varga would probably be on fairly similar levels raw power-wise, given that the one time the Q went to war said war manifested in the physical realm as a sudden outbreak of supernovas. Whether the supernovas were the method of warfare, or merely collateral damage, is unclear. Either way you're looking at entities capable of literally destroying galaxies if they wanted to, and once you've reached the level of personal power where individuals can blow up stars, you've basically reached the top of the power curve. About the only way to go any effectively higher from there is genuine omnipotence, which renders all other power irrelevant.

I could see Q seeing Varga as almost children playing at omnipotence. I can't really see much more than that.

Seriously, I don't see why there's a need to inflate Varga's capabilities. They are certainly powerful but hardly at the level of some characters in the multiverse. They can certainly get away with the misconception in Worm but beyond that...

And no, this is not trying to set off a Vs.

Last edited:
If Guinan terrifies the Q because she can mess with them due to a few minor extradimensional abilities, surely a gestalt being who can do the same and can wreck entire planets without too much issue (along with tons more we've never seen) would be a bit more concerning than that?

Last edited:
I could see Q seeing Varga as almost children playing at omnipotence. I can't really see much more than that.

Seriously, I don't see why there's a need to inflate Varga's capabilities. They are certainly powerful but hardly at the level of some characters in the multiverse. They can certainly get away with the misconception in Worm but beyond that...

And no, this is not trying to set off a Vs.

There are certainly fictional beings that would be able to overpower the Varga, but most of those are legitimately omnipotent. The Varga isn't at the absolute apex of power\ability, but it's about as far up there as you can go without hitting genuine omnipotence.

Once you've reached a certain level of personal power; basically the ability to freely create and manipulate matter\energy and space\time like the Varga can, any further power before genuine omnipotence is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things save for whether you can suppress other beings of similar capacity or not.

"You already have plans in place?" asked Miles. If he was honest with himself, the ease with which the Family had dealt with a planetary infestation of xenomorphs was a little disconcerting. Acting on a planetary scale was apparently trivial enough an undertaking that they could do so with a few hours of prep time. Taking the time to actually think about issues in their home realities was just prudent in the face of that much power.
Is anyone else here amused that an incredibly talented Federation engineer on his level is impressed and a bit frightened at how technologically advanced and powerful that three teenage girls and their friends are?

Q is too busy reading the next 20 chapters of the story. He may pop up back in chapter 1, just to confuse people.

Q's probably not going to get involved. Q knows that a 'Greater Power' hooked Taylor and Varga up in the first place. Q also knows that whomever this 'Greater Power' is, it's not another Q. Since Q knows about the R, Q's being very "I'm going to leave those people alone, thank you."

I will say that I expect Varga and Q to have mutual respect and professional courtesy toward one another.

Q: I must say, you're use of you're shapeshifting ability in confuse the people of your world is just... *sigh* it brings a tear to my eye.
V: Thank you. But they way you annoy people so much, while teaching them a valuable lesson on life in the greater universe, is just breathtaking.
Q: Well, one must make one's own fun at times.
V: But if you're not enjoying it, then it's just work and work is tedious and boring.
Q: Oh, I couldn't agree more. I can't understand how these mortals can stand it.
Picard: Excuse me, but we are trying to run a search and rescue operation right now. If you could come back later, it would be much appreciated.
Q: See what I mean?
P: :facepalm:

The Subway Effect
Okay, my above comment regarding sacrifices to one's Dark Master sparked something... Something I like to call

The Subway Effect
The first time it had happened The Wolf, The Ram, and The Hart had not been amused. An uninitiated intern had overheard upper executives discussing the upcoming sacrifice, and had misinterpreted it as a desire for lunch. To be fair, which the three Senior Partners rarely were, the sacrifices were going to be their lunch. There was something pleasing about small children. The taste, the texture, and the terror all combined for an exquisite meal. Finding three paper wrapped bundles of meat spheres in a red tomato sauce on bread waiting for them instead had been considered an insult. The Senior Partners still ate the offerings, they were hungry after all. And it had been better then was expected. No terror to season the meat, and it lacked the delightful crunch of small bones. But the meat, sauce, and bread were not bad. Not preferred, but they eventually decided this was an acceptable sacrifice, this time. This decision had come far too late for the hapless intern however.

The second time it happened didn't annoy the Senior Partners quite as much. This wasn't what they had ordered. They had ordered a twenty-something female virgin. Instead there were three of what humans called 'submarine sandwiches'. Each one was different. They had different meats, different cheeses, different types of bread (and the Senior Partners hadn't been aware there were multiple types of bread), different sauces, and different vegetables on them. To their surprise, these 'subs' were good. Hart had even mused that it might be as good as a 20-something female virgin. And a great deal easier to consume due to the lack of bones. Still, it was again not what they ordered. So the Intern was ordered to be fed through a wood chipper. It was the principle of the thing, after all. When you place an order, you were suppose to receive what you ordered.

Over time the mistake kept occasionally being made. And eventually the Senior Partners decided that they did in fact prefer these sandwiches to the traditional sacrifices. For one thing, the traditional sacrifices frequently came with a side order of annoyingly competent Heroes. The Wolf, Ram, and Hart had already lost their foothold on eighteen of the twenty different realities they were trying to take over due to pesky Heroes being attracted by their demanded sacrifices. One of the most troublesome of those Heroes had been a man named Harry Dresdon. And when two of the remaining realities fell to them, those delightful sandwiches were lost. It seemed Hell On Earth made it impossible for Subway to stay in business. So after much thought and consideration, a new set of orders were placed in the last remaining Reality they were trying to take over.

XxXxX
Holland Masters was... confused. For two decades the Senior Partners has been frequently demanding the sacrifice of three Subway Subs, often with very specific requirements for bread and toppings. That was odd, but did make things easier to keep under the radar of various Champions. After all, it's difficult to arrange to kidnap and sacrifice innocents every week without drawing the attention of those who would stop you. Sending someone down to the nearest Subway was much easier. But he'd just returned from the most bizarre meeting with the Senior Partners in his entire time with the firm. This would change many of their upcoming plans. After all, the Senior Partners had decided to cancel their plans for the Apocalypse due to it preventing them from getting their subway sandwiches. What. The. Hells?!​

The Q are literally just Deus Ex Machina's; they only show up when the writers need to make a point or move plot along. That they have such massive power for no reason is proof of this.

Isn't it interesting that it's Idunn (of the Asgard) that is contacted. Compare the Norse goddess Idunn, she of the golden apples of immortality. And that the SG:SG1 Asgard might be said to be going 'grey with old age'...

Huh. Was really weird (in a cool way) to read about a relatively recent character like Uber walk through the office buildings of the SciFi of my childhood.

Also, the Nox are the most arrogant elves. "Have you tried just not cutting eachother/yourself."
I wonder how they would've reacted to actually getting outgunned (like the Tollan by Anubis.)

Actually throwing some injured 'stupid warlike primitives' who were VICTIMS of violence into the Nox's midst might shake off some of the moss and get the gentrified entlings thinking.

------

....Are Wolf, Ram and Hart *gasp*
'Sauntering Vaguely Upward'?!?!

(Good Omens, Crowley joke.) What I meant is the more pragmatically evil you become; you eventually end up not evil at all! The Xanathos line, I guess.

Eventually the Senior Partners might just become more of a net-happiness-producer than your average powertripping office C.E.O.

Last edited:
Back