Re: reusable soul gems. Isn't that just a flawed varla stone? The flawless ones will recharge an item but turn to dust on use, but flawed varla stones are ironically more stable - if less powerful - and can repeatedly hold and discharge up to a common soul.

I'm sure a bit of research could let you get the best of both worlds too. You'd think a daedric artifact would be something special and not so easily matched, but then a reusable soul gems has always been a bit underwhelming anyway, if convenient.

Last edited:
I can see the ease of use when working with Tamriel style enchantments... But with the limits of that system becoming so apparent, I'd think he would try and look up some alternative styles that do things better?

Off hand, and one he should already have some knowledge of, the D&D/Pathfinder style of enchantments have a ton of options as well as methods of crafting your own custom and/or epic enchantments. I can see that this would be harder as it's generally required to have a lot more resources to work with, as well as specific reagents of various types...

No, there was just a strange, quiet certainty in the back of his mind. A little bit of awareness that, if he were to craft a weapon and enchant it with Light right now, he could capture a little bit of the noon sunlight and it would bite the undead just a little harder, cut through them just a little easier. An effect that was less numeric and more... thematic.
...does this mean he can now figure out how to make something similar to the Lunar Forge in the Silent Moons Camp from Skyrim? Though it probably wouldn't be as strong on Earth, given Mundus has two moons. Maybe it would be more effective on Mars?

Hm...I wonder. If you pair a sunlight enchantment (whether it be fire, light, or something else), and also a moonlight enchantment like the Silent Moons Enchant, would that be stronger or weaker during an eclipse?

"Well, uh, you know how half the time, people don't fight Batman because they're intimidated?" She waited a moment until Alchemist gave her a brief nod. "Well, I was thinking-"

"No," Alchemist cut her off and shook his head in the negative. "I get what you're thinking, and the weapon would be intimidating, but eventually something is going to press you to actually use it just because you have it. You play Chicken long enough, you -will- find someone dumb enough to ram themselves onto a burning blade of fire."

"How does Batman handle it?"

"Well, it all depends on what happens when people push it. In Batman's case, he intimidates people because he looks like a Furry with a BDSM fetish. If they keep going anyway, they discover that he is a Furry with a BDSM fetish."

And, if that kept growing at a reasonable pace? Alchemist's overall resistance would tick over one-hundred and eighty percent sometime soon and he'd be getting nine hit points per second instead of eight!
I do believe that Alchemist's resistance should level up the more "damage" he takes, meaning that the more he levels the skill up the more the ring will do to him and the faster he'll gain XP? And yes, he'll have to deal with the usual diminishing returns, but that should help offset it somewhat.

I do believe that Alchemist's resistance should level up the more "damage" he takes, meaning that the more he levels the skill up the more the ring will do to him and the faster he'll gain XP? And yes, he'll have to deal with the usual diminishing returns, but that should help offset it somewhat.
so wouldn't him just sticking his hand into a transformer instantly power level his resistance?

Across from him, Kary was doing much the same, though her book looked to be a fantasy novel.

Alchemist needs to think of a pet name for Kary ASAP, she calls him "love" and "beloved" so he needs to reciprocate or else their relationship feels one-sided.

Do NOT call her a pastry: 🥮 muffin, 🧁cupcake, 🍬sugar, etc.

Also, I enjoy the absurdity of an ex-demon reading fantasy novels. To Kary, literature written by people not in-the-know might be seen as satire or unintentionally humorous. And I can picture her getting offended by the Balrog scene in "Lord of the Rings."

Kary: (sad) :cry: "That poor innocent Balrog!!!"

Alchemist: (tries to console the ex-demon)

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tvamfpszgCI&t=52s

Project: Gamer Ver. 2 Alpha Build 2.9.3

Opening the segment on Epic Perks, Alchemist selected 'Additional Magic Item Space: Ring', dropping twelve points on something he shouldn't functionally need.

The man shivered, his other half nearly spilled his hot chocolate as he felt something... expand? He knew he didn't actually change shapes or change sizes but it was almost like he...

Alchemist almost wanted to make a reference to outlets in a house but he didn't know if that would fit.

Maybe something along the lines of having an expansion card installed in a computer, opening up room for a new port?

Regardless, the wizard slipped the ring back on to his finger. It still felt weird, and not just in the 'eating tiny electric shocks' kind of way, but it was tolerable. It was... fading.
While it was a simple choice, Alchemist would choose a better one. This is a basic feat originally for higher level Artificers, a class he is already familiar with.

Extra Rings – Feat – D&D Tools

Complete list of all D&D spells, rulebooks, feats, classes and more!

The Epic Feat will stack and is not limited, ie he could keep taking it to wear ten rings, eventually. But this gets him two rings for one feat, and is not Epic, although he can't keep taking it.

The big abuse for additional magic item space is being allowed to wear two suits of armor at the same time, and that kind of thing.

==RED

...does this mean he can now figure out how to make something similar to the Lunar Forge in the Silent Moons Camp from Skyrim? Though it probably wouldn't be as strong on Earth, given Mundus has two moons. Maybe it would be more effective on Mars?

Hm...I wonder. If you pair a sunlight enchantment (whether it be fire, light, or something else), and also a moonlight enchantment like the Silent Moons Enchant, would that be stronger or weaker during an eclipse?
Amusingly, that's how making a certain magic item to capture sunlight for anti-vampire use in Dresden Files works, too.

Alchemist will witness Tiffany beating young teens off with Stamina sapping Fatigue stuff he made.

Does she get a High on it? Does Mammoth learn to enjoy or need Tiffany doing such? I remember Alchemist meeting an Alt!Mammoth & exposed muscles being uncomfortable.

Hope it does not turn to BB & Kid W doing kink shaming unintentionally going "DUDE!"

I mean, the places tht Alchemist has visited all have similar physics of sorts to normal right? How is he gonna react to the Titans Go crossover when the cartoonish titans are before him. Then the hundreds of alternates each with their own art style?

I mean he's sorta aware of Trigon and has preparations just in case but how will he fare against the might of Hexagon?

Just how much bullshit can he take?

I can see the ease of use when working with Tamriel style enchantments... But with the limits of that system becoming so apparent, I'd think he would try and look up some alternative styles that do things better?

Off hand, and one he should already have some knowledge of, the D&D/Pathfinder style of enchantments have a ton of options as well as methods of crafting your own custom and/or epic enchantments. I can see that this would be harder as it's generally required to have a lot more resources to work with, as well as specific reagents of various types...

One thing that was mentioned in the Alchemist segment was how little could be done with the Dunmeri style... Without cheating.

Alchemist has not yet begun to munchkin the skill, partially because screwing around with multipliers can make the leveling effects kind of... wonky.

While it was a simple choice, Alchemist would choose a better one. This is a basic feat originally for higher level Artificers, a class he is already familiar with.

Optimal but not immediately noticed versus functional and remembered. Al doesn't mess with the perks much unless he needs to, and the last while he's been picking and poking at the Epic Perk list, so he remembers them more vividly.

Expect a call out from someone soon, though ;)

Wait. Is Tiffany about to accidentally slot into Terra's position in the Teen Titans story?

(Mysterious down-on-her-luck teen with powers she doesn't want to talk about who conveniently shows up to help the Titans and gets hugged a lot by Starfire...)

Wait. Is Tiffany about to accidentally slot into Terra's position in the Teen Titans story?

(Mysterious down-on-her-luck teen with powers she doesn't want to talk about who conveniently shows up to help the Titans and gets hugged a lot by Starfire...)
She's also work*ahem* mentored by what is nominally an enemy and probably won't be too eager to mention such.

Edit: With Al scrying her she's essentially wearing a wire

Last edited:
Back