Prince Aladdin Quest (Disney Villains *Almost* Victorious)

Garth's Intrigue is higher than that of Hub. I'd stick him on Plumbing the Depths. I personally am not prioritizing Mastering Magic right now, but see it as a good long-term investment. But we have more urgent Learning actions atm.
I was sticking them both on it for the +19 total team bonus they get (Hub's Intrigue + the two +5 Dream Team for each of them), as well as having someone there to mitigate the damage if it falls through. Though keeping Tai Lung there and swapping Helga out for Hub might be a better choice.

Actually, yeah, that gets a better overall intrigue score, I'll go make that change. Still gonna vote for Magic, though.

Last edited:
I was just reading through the thread saw this while looking at the map.
We already have sea access to the west, the Northern Satrapies give you access to the Caspian Sea and thus a more direct route to Greece et al without having to round the Cape of Good Hope or use other country's vessels.
As far as I'm aware, access to the Caspian Sea doesn't allow direct access to Greece since it isn't naturally connected to the Mediterranean through the Black Sea. Unless the Volga–Don Canal exist in this reality, we would still need to go through the Black Caucuses, Fertile Crescent, Turkey, and/or some other country to get to Greece.

It does have provide really nice river access deep into Russia, even to directly to Moscow, and you could just transport goods from the Volga to the Don over the short 63 miles of land to eventually get them to the Mediterranean. It would be a lot faster and cheaper than a mostly land based route, but not necessarily safer.

Last edited:
Also sea access isn't as useful as one might think considering all the Lovecraft BS that is currently happening down there. Seriously, we're probably safer sticking to land routes for the most part.

Also sea access isn't as useful as one might think considering all the Lovecraft BS that is currently happening down there. Seriously, we're probably safer sticking to land routes for the most part.
I think you mean up there, since the Caspian Sea is northwest to Ababwa. Anyway, as far as I'm aware, there isn't any spooky stuff happening there. The Caspian Sea isn't connected to the ocean in any way, so there is no chance of Davy Jones, Ursula, or any other ocean monster getting to it.

It might actually be a really nice place to safety train a navy without being attacked. It would be real surprise for us to suddenly have a large number of well trained seamen in our military, though it would be hard to build the warships without someone noticing.

The Caspian Sea isn't connected to the ocean in any way, so there is no chance of Davy Jones, Ursula, or any other ocean monster getting to it.
Within the Quest, the Upheaval caused dimensional shortcuts that, combined with a river or two that don't exist in the modern day but did exist back then, the Caspian Sea is connected to the Black via a circuitous route. This was established by Temp a year or two ago, so it's understandable that people have forgotten that. It was laid out when we had Will Turner meet with Sinbad the Sailor, during Turn 6 or 7 iirc.

Gosh. Incredible that we just hit two years in quest. And also passed three years out of quest in March. So all those younger characters are now hitting their teens.

I'm pretty excited when all the youngins start hitting ages like 17/18 since we'll likely see the more martial focused characters start trekking out into the world a bit more.

I'm admittedly very much fond of my trio of little one's like Taran, Arthur and Alice. Writing sidestories for characters really makes you gravitate and favorite those people.

Last edited:
I think of our characters, I really enjoy that Tai Lung has grown so much. I adore that we've been able to give him some time to learn to be a person. I'm personally hopeful he might eventually learn the secret of the Dragon Warrior himself and take up that title once he's come to grips with his past misdeeds a bit more.

He's already made some amends but he's got a bit to go before he can reach the inner enlightenment I think he needs.

I was going to list my favorites, but after so many omakes it's hard to say which ones I love the most. Holmes and Watson, the Foreign Legion characters, Indy and Co, Varian, the Atlantean contingent, the Moriarty Negaquest crew, Dantes and Madellaine, Nemo...

Gosh, now I'm getting sappy.
Varian almost certainly for me of yours, ha. I'll admit, I'm weirdly sort of disconnected from live action characters when reinterpreted in this world. Not terribly so, but I seem to identify and relate more to animated one's. This has made no sense - I think live action Disney movies hit less hard for me, so I enjoy their animated works less and it translates into favoritism of the characters too.

Yes, that made more sense.

Last edited:
Within the Quest, the Upheaval caused dimensional shortcuts that, combined with a river or two that don't exist in the modern day but did exist back then, the Caspian Sea is connected to the Black via a circuitous route. This was established by Temp a year or two ago, so it's understandable that people have forgotten that. It was laid out when we had Will Turner meet with Sinbad the Sailor, during Turn 6 or 7 iirc.
Huh, cool. I'm all for setting up some fisheries in the Caspian then, since more maritime infrastructure will be good for the future. There is going to be a lot of trade going through the Caspian Sea as things move forward since it connects an area with an abundance of natural resources to the Mediterranean states. I don't know what the state of the navy is, but we should definitely have some warships parked there.

I really need to go back and re-read the whole quest. So much has happened in my life since it started.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, there isn't any spooky stuff happening there. The Caspian Sea isn't connected to the ocean in any way, so there is no chance of Davy Jones, Ursula, or any other ocean monster getting to it.
That's what they want you to think!!

More seriously, yes it might be landlocked (at least normally, the Upheaval tossed a lot of things around); but it is labeled and considered by people a Sea. And mystical entities don't necessarily have to go from point A to B in a conventional manner.

Curious can I ask which side stories are the Gaston redemption cause I want read it and I don't want search for it cause there alot of sidestories.
Butterfly Wings and Stranger Things, A Single Choice, A Meetings of the Minds, The Greatest Hunter, Cat's In The Cradle, A Wonderous Land, English Lessons For Fun and Profit, The Psychology of a Huntsman, The Tenacity of Life, and Alice - Madness Returns. In a few of them he's only mentioned or is a side character, but his appearance nonetheless helps keep track of his development and the influences thereon.

Happy reading!
And freaking Moriarty and Cardinal Richelieu being the GOOD faction in France.
As Einstein said, everything's relative.

Last edited:
Dantes and Madellaine
The transformation of Maddie into someone who can keep up with Edmond and have a great second chance at life…

And Ed's transformation into an actual superhero/The Count is a joy to watch as it comes…and Jacopo will become the best wingman in the world.

And Ned… how do I begin to describe Ned's character development…he gained the wisdom and will to turn down the power of a God…because being master of his own life was more important.

Butterfly Wings and Stranger Things, A Single Choice, A Meetings of the Minds, The Greatest Hunter, Cat's In The Cradle, A Wonderous Land, English Lessons For Fun and Profit, The Psychology of a Huntsman, The Tenacity of Life, and Alice - Madness Returns. In a few of them he's only mentioned or is a side character, but his appearance nonetheless helps keep track of his development and the influences thereon.

Happy reading!

As Einstein said, everything's relative.
Lovely and thank you and also can I ask what's stand out sidestories in the bunch that are a must read cause while I like to read them all but that's gonna take a lot work.

And wow Moriarty and Richelieu being good guys what did I miss in that cause thats crazy but If properly built up it's a probably in character for them. Also gives me hope that shen can be do some good in China if both Moriarty and Richelieu can do good as he is more lighter shade dark like both them barring the genocide and unwarranted conquest otl.

But probably is warranted now with huns and dark spirits and whatever is happening in Russia right now cause thats not great cause sure its not great but it's better than total anarchy and hunnic rule.

Also another reason why shen is a better candidate to be the leader of China cause he has actual credentials to be a ruler and administrate as he was heir gongmeng city and was raised to take rulership of the city. And while I like Shang I don't think he has the chops to be a ruler as he's just a soldier/general and generally soldiers that try to go do civilian administration don't do well barring some cases where they do great. For example arthur Wellesley the man who bested napoleon at waterloo. Got his nickname of the Iron Duke not because he defeated napoleon but because he had Install iron bars in his house because of how bad of a prime minister he was and that was after he beat napoleon. Though Shang could be better but who knows.

Last edited:
Lovely and thank you and also can I ask what's stand out sidestories in the bunch that are a must read cause while I like to read them all but that's gonna take a lot work.
All of them :mad:
That said, I don't have a great answer for that, ha. It's a slow build to redemption for Gaston's redemptive journey and most of those sidestories are a small puzzle piece of the collective character arc.

I say it genuinely when I say that I think they're all pretty important; however, they are sidestories. You don't have to read them. Heck, if we go so far as to take in Gaston and others when the Spirit of Adventure gets to Ababwa, if we have an opportunity, we may learn about them personally in the main story. That isn't a certainty, but none of the sidestories are required content. It's just extra stuff that may never even come into play within the confines of the quest aside from a bare mention on the rumor mill.

Don't feel pressured to go through everything - there's a lot.

And wow Moriarty and Richelieu being good guys what did I miss in that cause thats crazy but If properly built up it's a probably in character for them. Also gives me hope that shen can be do some good in China if both Moriarty and Richelieu can do good as he is more lighter shade dark like both them barring the genocide and unwarranted conquest otl.
If you want to read the stories of Holmes and Watson, and Moriarty and Co, these are the relevant tales. In order:
Holmes and Watson: The Case of the Greek God and The Adventure of the Delayed Detective.
Moriarty: The Napoleon in Exile, Sidestory: Where Are They? (Part 4), Iagosode: Man Vs. Bird, Where Are They (Part 5), The Story Told (Part 1), The Story Told (Part 2), A Meeting of the Minds, The Medicine of All Misfortune, A Game of Shadows, Where Are They (Part 6).
Holmes and Watson: The Anger of a Good Man.
Both: Where Are They (Part 7).

Back