Prince Aladdin Quest (Disney Villains *Almost* Victorious)

Sleepless Arabian Nights (Canon)
Sleepless Arabian Nights
Henry Jones Jr. - "Indiana" to his friends - was starting to wish that he had listened to Mrs. Seymour. "Once more unto the breach, my friends, once more," he muttered under his breath as his grip on his rifle turned white, such was the pressure. He glanced over to his friend Remy, the Belgian he met in Mexico riding with Pancho Villa. The rotund man's face was grim. To the left and right were hundreds - thousands - of soldiers, all bracing to go over the top.

The Somme had been a bloodbath. Their company had began with almost three hundred; now they were down to barely seventy. Hundreds of men, barely out of boyhood, had been cut down like so much wheat before the scythe of the machine gun, mortar, and artillery. It was a miracle that Indy had survived this long - and he had only been fighting for a month!

The shrill cry of a whistle rang in Indy's ears. Over the top! He pulled himself over the lip of the trench, and - wait, since when were the trenches so close together? The snarling visage of a Mexican soldier was in his face, pistol in hand. There was a BANG-

~~~

Indy's hands were sweating as he pulled himself over the rough, home-made rope that those Russians had made. Dusterstadt was not the sort of place he wished to spend the rest of his life, and if entrusting his life to a rope made from package string was what it took, then-

His eyes widened in horror at the sound of the rope snapping. He screamed, his stomach leaping up into his throat, as he fell into the icy river below the castle-

~~~

Indy was maneuvering his motorbike across the muddy roads of Verdun, conveying yet another message from Headquarters to the front lines, when the droning of an airplane made its way into his ears. He looked up to see that the pilot had dropped a grenade, RIGHT ON HIM -

~~~

Indy shot upright, sweat covering his torso as he breathed hard, trying to get his racing heart under control. He rubbed his eyes, sand making them gritty.

You're not at the Somme, he thought frantically. You're in Ababwa.

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in...hold...breath out...

You're not at Verdun. You aren't in Dunderstadt.

The thought of the maximum security prison he had escaped by the skin of his teeth made him shiver, in spite of the desert heat. He escaped in a coffin meant for one of the Russians who died escaping via homemade rope, and had come this close to being burned alive in a crematorium.

He collapsed back in bed, gritting his teeth as a few stray tears ran down his cheeks. It wasn't often that he had nightmares, but when they came, they were a doozy.

Indy sighed, then got out of bed. He pulled on a loose tunic, a gift from Chiron. It would be awhile before he would be able to fall asleep again, might as well get a cup of tea.

Stumbling his way to the kitchen of the house, he was surprised to see that he wasn't the only person with that idea.

"Couldn't sleep?" Frederick Selous said by way of greeting, sharp eyes peering over the cup of tea he was bringing to his lips.

Indy shook his head.

"Nightmares?"

Indy nodded.

"Same." He poured some hot water into a mug. "Tea's in the cupboard."

Indy robotically put the tea leaves into his mug, mind preoccupied by what Selous had just said. "You have nightmares?"

Selous chuckled. "You don't fight in as many wars as I have, hunt as many maneaters as I have, without accumulating a few boogymen within one's mental closet." He squinted at Indy. "The Somme, I take it." It wasn't a question.

Indy nodded again, bringing the mug to his nose and taking a smell. Ah, Darjeeling and rose hips. "Got any honey?"

"On the table."

The two sat in silence for a time, nursing steaming mugs of tea. Then: "Does it ever get any better?"

Selous pursed his lips, before nodding. "Pain has a way of making itself at home. You have to accept it for what it is, then move on."

"I hope it works."

"Same here, son. Same here."

A/N: A slice of life omake, inspired by my recent rewatch of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Those who haven't seen it, the scenes here come mostly from Spring Break Adventure, Trenches of Hell, and Demons of Deception. The Mexican soldier in particular was Indy's first kill in the show, and came with inches of shooting him in the face. He encounters a lot of terrifying things in the show, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't make appearances in Indy's dreams. Anyway, hope you liked it.

Last edited:
Milady/Zhan Tiri - Gleaming Ambition
I wrote this as a large timeskip from the previous entry in the Milady/Zhan Tiri omakes, since they were far behind everybody else in the timeline and sort of kept having the plans I had for them implode because of what other people were doing

Also, as far as I can tell, Rapunzel never visited her parents after being rescued, and nobody's actually gone to the trouble of telling them that they're daughter is safe and alive, so...
DC: 60/80/100
Roll: 1d100(65) + 28 = 93!Two Successes! Milady Occult = 11
Milestone: Milady has gained the trait Glamour!

Roll: 1d100(8) + 28 = 36!Failure!

Roll: 1d100(33) + 28 = 61! One Success! Milady Occult = 12

Roll: 1d100(44) + 28 =72! One Success! Milady Occult = 13

Roll: 1d100(34) + 28 = 62! One Success! Milady Occult = 14

Roll: 1d100(98) + 28 = 126! Full Success! Milady Occult = 17 + Zhan Tiri Occult = 29
Milady scowled as she watched her teacher tip the table in their shared room over, throwing a tantrum like the child that she merely resembled. Milady couldn't blame her, of course, if she weren't the one doing it, Milady would be taking out her incandescent fury in the room as well. But for now, she had to prepare for what came next.

"Six months worth of planning!" Zhan Tiri shouted as she grabbed a nearby vase and tossed it against a wall. "Six months of listening to that blathering old buffoon whine about how great this wretched excuse for a kingdom used to be!" She stomped over to a nearby portrait of the aforementioned buffoon, King Fredric of Corona, and set it ablaze with a gout of green flame. "Do you know how much time I wasted making anti-scrying amulets?!"

"Oh, I am well aware," Milady said, allowing the bitterness she felt deep down to seep into her voice. As much as she would normally judge her teacher for showing her emotions so openly, she could admit that the news they had received was… dire, to put it gently. And besides, all the time that she'd spent learning to speak German without a hint of an accent made her tempted to toss a chair out of the room's window as well.

The doors to their shared room suddenly burst open, a pair of guards running in with pale, panicked faces and their swords drawn.

"Lady Stauss!" the taller of the two, Stan if Milady called correctly, exclaimed. "We heard a commotion and… Who's the kid?"

The guards stared at her teacher who simply glared back at them and waited for Milady to handle this issue as she always did. These two were far too quick to leap in, assuming the existence of trouble where there was none, and she'd been forced into this song and dance countless times already. She was beginning to think that her teacher's desire for vengeance wasn't the only reason to want to burn this entire kingdom to the ground.

Milady let out a sigh and allowed her magic to slip into her voice. "You heard nothing and you saw nothing. Return to your post."

The power she had developed immediately after Zhan Tiri granted her the gift of magic was not mind control in the traditional sense, it could only nudge people in the direction she wanted them to go, with the helpful assistance of Milady's more natural techniques. No, it only completely overrode the will of the truly feeble-minded.

The guard's eyes glazed over and they repeated, "We heard nothing, we saw nothing," and then they turned around and returned to their posts.

Zhan Tiri continued to pace angrily back and forth, but it seemed the interruption had at least put a stop to her tantrum.

"It seems that you've calmed down," Milady said, returning to her mirror and continuing to apply her make-up, just as she'd been doing before that damned letter was delivered to them.

"Of course, I'm not calm!" Zhan Tiri snapped, but she didn't return to destroying the room and instead continued to pace. "All of our efforts for the past half-year have been completely and utterly wasted." She gritted her teeth and spat out, "The so-called 'Sundrop' in Fredric's collection turned out to be a worthless husk, the actual Sundrop is now out of our reach, and, with Grimhilde dead, now I don't even get the satisfaction of seeing Corona broken by the Mirror Kingdoms!"

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," Milady said as she finished applying her blush. Her current routine was something of a departure from her usual methods. King Fredric, it seemed, truly loved his wife, and he wasn't an irredeemable cad like the Duke of Buckingham, so she was forced to abandon her usual seduction techniques. Instead, she had come to favor an overwhelming sense of innocence when playing on the man's sympathies.

"What do you mean?" Zhan Tiri asked, looking at Milady askance.

"I mean that I've put quite a lot of work into encouraging Fredric's little revolution. I shan't let something as petty as a regime change stop me from seeing this mission through to the end." Milady doubted that Grimhilde's death was a suicide as claimed, but she didn't really care beyond what it meant for her own goals. She had admired Grimhilde from afar, even as she plotted against her, but if she met her end, it simply meant she didn't play the game well enough. "And as for the Sundrop… Well, just because your original plans fall through, that doesn't mean all is lost. You simply have to adapt and find something new."

Zhan Tiri took a deep breath and said, "I suppose that you're right, my student." Her pacing slowed as she continued, "The Moonstone is still unclaimed, but also far more well-hidden. If we manage to obtain it, we'll have significantly more leverage to work with, and I'm certain that there are plenty of kingdoms in this world that would love to see Atlantis sink a second time."

There was a faint part of Milady that, even with all that she had seen so far in this strange, amalgamated world, still found it ridiculous that Atlantis of all things was not only real but had worked to thwart her ambitions. Still, as ludicrous as the notion was, it simply meant that there was one more enemy on the board that they would have to deal with.

She smiled, "Now, that's more like the teacher I know."

If there was one thing that Milady could say that she appreciated about her teacher it was that she thought on a grand scale. It wasn't mere political jockeying to gain power over the king, or an attempt to get into the queen's pants, she had proper vision, the likes of which Milady never would have dreamed of before the upheaval. That that vision would see thousands dead when Corona was turned into a smoldering crater was no problem as far as Milady was concerned, so long as she got an appropriate position in the kingdom that Zhan Tiri would build on its ashes.

She wouldn't have believed it was possible when she first met Zhan Tiri all those months ago, but she had actually come to enjoy the company of the child-like warlock that had taken her under her wing. She would still stab her in the back the second it seemed following her would lead to an untimely death, but she was, perhaps, willing to give up the comfortable position that she could no doubt wring out of King Fredric if she put her mind to it.

That Zhan Tiri had promised her that, should they discover where Claude Frollo had holed up after his expulsion from Paris, Milady refused to believe for a second that the loathsome little toad was actually dead, they would hunt him down and take him apart like a curious little boy does to a fruit fly was merely a bonus.

Milady rose from her vanity and turned around to see her teacher deep in thought. Gone was the petulant child, and in her place was the thousand-year-old warlock that was Zhan Tiri's true self. Zhan Tiri retrieved her bag of supplies and magical components, painstakingly acquired over months of requests to the royal treasury, and laid out a mix of herbs, minerals, and other, stranger things. Zhan Tiri briefly turned her gaze to Milady and said, "Go and prepare for our departure. Demanitus' protections may have kept me from seeing just where he hid the Moonstone, but his wards can't keep me away forever."

Milady smiled and ran her hand over her face, preparing her glamour for the day, careful not to smudge her makeup as her skin shifted, her features becoming softer, her eyes wider and turning from a piercing blue to a gentle green, and her hair turning just a few shades darker. It was the only new trick she'd managed to learn in her time under Zhan Tiri's tutelage, but it was a very effective one.

She had modeled Lady Stauss after a mixture of the King and Queen's own features, very nearly what their daughter would have looked like had she not been taken before she reached the age of twenty-three. People trusted family, and even a resemblance was enough to get them to drop their guard.

Combining just how soft and innocent her disguise looked, along with how she'd altered her makeup routine to emphasize those features, she had managed to portray herself as someone almost completely guileless and earnest. Most of the court would balk if it was even suggested that she would ever lie to them.

After that, all that was left was to prove her usefulness, and she had done that in spades. She had first pinned the murder of one of the queen's handmaidens, truthfully murdered by Milady herself as part of her attempts to reach what ultimately proved to merely be the hollow shell of the Sundrop, on a passing inquisitor from the Mirror Kingdoms. Of course, the kingdom couldn't actually accuse one of the Queen's men of murder, so any flaws in her display went unnoticed and unremarked upon, all while the already tense atmosphere between Corona and their superior soured even more.

With that dark stain, it was all too easy to whisper dreams of revolution, of a return to the glory days of the kingdom before the upheaval. Of course, gifts provided by her teacher also helped ingratiate her to Fredric. Anti-scrying amulets, recipes for potions of great strength and speed; whose horrible side effects would only become apparent long after Milady was gone, and even teaching a bit of magic; with Zhan Tiri invisibly whispering the actual lesson into her ear of course; to the the scattered handful of naturally gifted magic users that Corona claimed as its own.

It hardly even mattered that Corona didn't have anywhere near enough troops to do anything against Queen Grimhilde but break against her, all Milady had to convince Fredric of was that freedom was possible.

And then news broke that Queen Grimhilde's castle had been attacked and that a young girl with long, blonde hair had been spirited away by the attackers. And thus the entire point of the endeavor was lost. There would be no sneaking in and stealing the Sundrop away from the castle while Corona's troops were slaughtered by its defenders.

But it hadn't been a complete loss. Milady knew well the value of revenge, and could at least take some vicarious pleasure in destroying Corona on her teacher's behalf. And then Grimhilde "committed suicide" and the boogeyman that Milady had spent so long building up in everybody's minds collapsed all at once. And she didn't even know enough about this King Hans that had so conveniently popped up with tales of a secret marriage to redirect everybody's fear and hate onto him. So, Milady, supposed, she would have to resort to other methods.

Milady left her quarters and made her way directly to the king's personal chambers. Queen Arianna was mercifully out of the kingdom on family business. She was always the smarter and less trusting of the two, so she could count on this being easier than it could have been.

She knocked lightly on the door and waited, listening as Fredric made his way across the room to let her inside. He flung the door open with a wide smile and Milady knew that he'd already heard of Grimhilde's death. This was the first time that she'd seen the man smile since she arrived in Corona. She would have to fix that.

"Lady Stauss! I was just about to send for you! Please, come in, come in!" Fredric said, excitedly, gesturing for Milady to enter.

Milady gave him a gentle smile and entered, saying, "I take it that you've heard the good news?"

"Indeed I have!" Fredric said with a sort of uncomplicated joy that Milady had so rarely seen in her life. It was almost beautiful in a way. And Milady knew exactly how to crush it.

DC: 80/100/120
Roll: 1d100(78) + 29 + 10(Sizing up a Mark) +5(Glamour) +17(Compelling Voce) -10(Good News! She's Dead!) = 129!Full Success!
Fredric hummed to himself as he poured another glass of wine. "I must admit, as confident as I was in our ability to fight back, I had nightmares about the loss of Coronan lives we would be risking." He handed the cup to Milady and she pretended to take a sip. "But it seems that God has finally smiled on us! The witch queen is dead without a drop of Coronan blood spilled!"

Milady turned her smile up, making her seem taken in by Fredric's good mood, and replied, "It is indeed a cause for celebration!" She allowed the smile to drop and worried her lip before continuing, "But are you sure that it's wise to abandon our plans?"

Fredric blinked in confusion as Milady's magic crept into his mind, making her words seem oh-so reasonable. "Well… The Queen is dead… Surely this Prince Hans will be a fairer liege than her…"

"Are you so sure of that?" Milady asked, putting a note of fear into her voice. "This strange foreigner was married to the woman, you know? How could anyone who loved that monster be anything but a monster himself?"

"Well… I suppose that is true," Fredric said, the innocent joy that he had shown earlier draining from his body and his smile disappearing, being replaced by a thoughtful frown as he started to pace back and forth. "I suppose that it would pay to at least remain cautious, maintain the army we've raised in case he does try something…"

"But is that really enough?" Milady pushed harder, injecting worried misery into her voice, as if King Fredric was personally harming her by not immediately marching off and demanding King Hans' head on a platter. "We didn't start this movement so Corona could have a lighter boot pressed against its neck! We started this movement so that Corona could be free!" Milady came up behind Fredric and whispered in his ear. "Have you forgotten already? The sight of the kingdom's citizens going about their lives without worrying about eyes watching from the shadows, when a handmaiden could walk home without worrying about having their throat slit in the middle of the night, when your role actually meant something?"

King Fredric clenched his fist as Milady's words wormed their way further into his brain, filling him with all the despair, loss, and rage that Milady needed from him. But it wasn't quite enough, not yet. Which meant that Milady needed to twist the knife if she wanted to get anything useful out of the pathetic old man standing before her.

She frowned, looking away from Fredric, as if in shame or apology, and whispered, "And there's something you deserve to know."

Fredric looked at Milady and asked, "What?" with a palpable sense of despair at being reminded of everything that had been taken away from him since the upheaval.

"I believe that I've discovered information about your daughter," Milady replied with a despondent frown.

"What?" Fredric asked, a mixed note of despair and hope in his voice. Grimhilde had forbidden the Lantern Festival from continuing shortly after her rise to power, and Milady knew that a small quiet part of Fredric had taken that as the death knell for his hopes of ever seeing his daughter again.

Milady nodded, "I believe that you'll recall that Grimhilde's castle was broken into, shortly before her demise. The thieves were reported as escaping in the company of a blonde girl, estimated to be about nineteen years of age."

"Yes… But…" Fredric stammered as if he didn't dare say anything more.

Milady placed a hand on the man's cheek and continued, "Grimhilde had a woman by the name of Gothel in her employ, one who had been in Corona for a long, long time, including when your daughter was stolen from you."

"But… But that means she's free. We can find her and-"

Milady interrupted with a sad, consolatory tone, "My Lord, these kidnappers have made no effort to return her to you, not even a ransom note. That means they want something else from her, be it to use her for whatever vile purpose Grimhilde was, or possibly even something much, much worse."

Milady barely kept the smile off her face as she watched Fredric shiver in fear and disgust as he imagined what his dear, lost daughter must be going through.

"And they knew," Milady whispered as Fredric stared at her with wide, defeated eyes. At that moment, Milady knew that she had him. All that was left was to seal the deal.

She walked closer to the sad, defeated old man and used her glamour to shift her hair color ever so slightly, a few shades blonder, more closely resembling what he now knew to be his long-lost daughter, but not enough that he would think it anything more than a trick of the light. She leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Grimhilde, Hans, everyone in that castle knew that she was your daughter. And they kept her from you. They couldn't even keep her safe."

Tears started to roll down Fredric's face and he fell to his knees. "What… What can I do?"

Milady gave him a gentle, caring smile as she knelt down and grasped his shaking hand. "There's only one way to repay such a gross and violating betrayal, my Lord. You must visit blood, fire, and darkness upon them. Make them regret ever thinking they could wound you so."

There was a dark look in Fredric's eye as Milady helped him back to his feet. "Yes, you're exactly right Lady Stauss. Ever since the upheaval, the so-called Mirror Kingdoms have done nothing but torment and humiliate me and my people. These crimes must be repaid, and there's only one way to do so." He stared at Milady with a haunted look in his eye. "As you said, blood, fire, and darkness.

"Very good, my Lord," Milady replied.

"But what about you, Lady Stauss? You've already helped us so much, but I'm not certain there's much you could do once war breaks out in earnest." Fredric asked, clearly hoping that Milady would be able to pull some new magic or weapon from nowhere, just as she'd done to ingratiate herself to him in the first place.

Fortunately, Milady had just the thing.

Roll: 1d100(22) + 29 + 10(Sizing up a Mark) +5(Glamour) +17(Compelling Voce) -10(To War) = 73!Two Successes!
Milady gave him a humble smile and said, "I've heard rumors of a magical weapon, beyond the borders of Corona. If I were to obtain it, I could return and no force on Earth would be able to stand against us." She frowned before adding, "But it's far from here and it will be a dangerous journey. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on my own, but I simply have to try."

Fredric gave Milady a severe nod and said, "Feel free to requisition as many supplies as you need. We'll need every edge we can get in this coming war, and you've done more than enough to earn our eternal gratitude."

"Thank you, my Lord." She made a point of hesitating before adding, "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, might I also request that Stan and Pete accompany me on my quest. I have grown rather fond of the two over the course of my stay."

Fredric hesitated, struggling between the compulsion that told him that Milady's request was reasonable and should be accepted, and the knowledge that he needed all the manpower he could get his hands on, even if that manpower came from individuals as useless as Stan and Pete. Finally, he shook his head and replied, "I'm sorry, Lady Stauss, but I just can't afford to spare anybody else. Not when the stakes are so high."

Milady gave an understanding smile. Her plans had already worked out magnificently so far, she could accept a single, small loss. "May luck and the grace of God be on your side, my Lord." Milady gave a deep curtsey before adding, "Corona shall rise again."

"Corona shall rise again," Fredric echoed her before leaving the room, the dark mood that Milady had sent him into apparent on his face.

Milady smiled as she watched him leave. It was always so nice when her targets made themselves so easy to influence.

★★★​

DC: 40/60/80/100/120
Roll: 1d100(99) + 29 - 10 (Demanitus' Precautions) +10 (First-Class Materials) = 128!Full Success!
In the space of the hour that Milady took to work her magic, Zhan Tiri set to work on her own. She had made dozens of attempts at scratching the veil that Demanitus had thrown over the Moonstone in her time at Corona, and this would be her last chance. There would be no more regular deliveries of ingredients and focuses to burn up from this point forward.

Every crystal, every herb, and every speck of silver that she could use to strengthen the ritual went into this one single working. Either this would work and she'd at least have a lead on where to go next, or she would have to improvise a mission to keep Milady distracted while she worked up the power to make another go at it.

Fortunately, that didn't prove to be an issue. The ingredients she'd scattered around her chalk ritual circle burst into green flames, burning away into dark ash, and Zhan Tiri let her mind loose, exiting her body and ascending to something higher.

She reached the wall that her old partner had erected between her and what she desired most and, a palpable sense of strength surrounding her form as she drifted closer, she smashed into the dark wall. For a moment, nothing happened, just as it did in all of her previous attempts. And then there was the faintest of shudders before the smallest of cracks appeared. Zhan Tiri held her breath and, a moment later was rewarded with another crack, and another, and another, and another, until the dark wall she floated in front of was a spider web of white light seeping through its exterior.

Finally, with little fanfare, the wall shattered that darkness being expelled as Zhan Tiri found herself suddenly able to see everything. Every path, every trap, every guardian standing in her way, no matter how well hidden it was, Zhan Tiri saw it all. She even saw him. Reduced to something even lesser than her current form, her old partner still lived. She would have to fix that.

As she was contemplating the sheer volume of information that was now at her fingertips, her apprentice entered the room with a wicked smile on her face. Zhan Tiri split her focus between her ritual and the real world and asked, "So, I take it that things went well?"

Milady de Winter, possibly her finest apprentice yet, even if she did take to magic slower than some of the others, gave a lazy shrug and replied, "We have three days to leave the Mirror Kingdoms before Fredric declares his crusade against the newly crowned King Hans." Her smile broadened as she added, "He's also granted us a covered wagon, two draft horses, and enough supplies to last us for a month, even split between the two of us." She casually added, "I'd hoped to take those two guards with us as well, but that proved to be a bridge too far for Fredric."

"Why would you even want to bring those two imbeciles?" Zhan Tiri asked as she plotted out the route they would be taking.

"Because I'm useless in a fight and you have the body of a child," Milady replied as she packed away her makeup. "We'll certainly run into enemies, if not those fools from Atlantis, then someone else that wants the Moon Stone's power. We need someone to throw themselves on our enemy's sword while we make our escape."

And that was why Zhan Tiri had come to treasure her apprentice over these long months they had spent together. She was a brutally efficient woman, always ready to use other people as her pawns and spectacular at forcing them to do what she desired. This was a trait she generally had to beat into her apprentices, but Milady was not only willing but eager to do everything Zhan Tiri required of her.

Zhan Tiri had been surprised to discover that she had actually come to care for her apprentice beyond a simple means to an end. Perhaps it was that they were surprisingly similar people when it came down to it, or perhaps it was simply that Zhan Tiri didn't have to hide anything from her. Milady knew what Zhan Tiri's ultimate goals were and was perfectly content to go along with them, provided she was appropriately rewarded for her aid.

Zhan Tiri would still stab her in the back the second her presence posed a threat to her, but she was willing to perhaps take detours or risk delays if it meant accommodating Milady's needs. She certainly wouldn't have debased herself by accepting Corona's charity if Milady hadn't pushed for the idea.

"And how goes your end of things? Milady asked, prying a floorboard out of place and collecting the cache of gold that she'd skimmed off the top of the funds she requested for necessary materials.

Zhan Tiri smirked and replied, "Far better than I possibly could have imagined. I know precisely where we need to go, the best way to reach it, and who, precisely, we need to kill to accomplish our goals." She chuckled to herself, "I even know just how we will receive that protection you so desperately want."

All they had to do was visit a certain archive of the magical and miraculous. It had managed to hide itself away from the late Queen through means of illusion and deception, but all of its protections fell away under the sight that Zhan Tiri had achieved through her ritual. All she needed was a single bauble from their collection, and all of the Moonstone's protectors would belong to her.

"Then it seems our course is set," Milady said as she finished packing away the rest of her belongings.

"Indeed it is," Zhan Tiri replied, fading out of the corporeal world as she prepared to leave the wretched castle and the wretched people who inhabited it far behind her. "Our first stop, the Spire; our second, a certain traveling fortune-teller; and finally, the Dark Kingdom."

"And then, we ensure that Atlantis sinks once more," Milady said with a dark look. She clearly didn't appreciate her prize being stolen out from under her any more than Zhan Tiri did.

Zhan Tiri laughed as she accompanied Milady to the stables. She truly had found the best tool that she could ask for. And to think, when she found her in that forest all those months ago, she assumed she'd be making do with the scraps left behind by Grimhilde and Maleficent.

The past few months of magic lessons have improved Milady de Winter's grasp of her new powers, increasing her Occult by a cumulative total of +8!

Milady de Winter has gained the trait Glamour! If Milady is able to discern what sort of appearance is likely to put her target off-guard, she may add a +5 to Intrigue or Diplomacy rolls. She is also able to disguise herself as others given the time and the opportunity.

Training Milady in the arcane arts and successfully performing a major ritual has loosened the block on Zhan Tiri's power, increasing her Occult by +2.

King Fredric of Corona has declared open rebellion!

Pretty Lies, All This Time (Canon)
Pretty Lies, All This Time​

Intrigue Challenge: Why did you hide this from me!
Maddie and Jacopo Roll:d100+15+12 49!
Vs
Edmond Roll: d100+21 116!

Madellaine looked at Jacopo and sighed. "He has to tell us."

"This will end badly, know that it will, and I will not enjoy any of this," he said, rubbing his hands together nervously. "A man with that much wall around his heart will not tell us."

"You seem certain that he will not only not tell us but hide the reason why?" she asked with a glare.

"Exactly…I only do this to honor you helping me, not because I'm looking to fish for his secrets," Jacopo answered.

Madellaine sighed; bracing herself, she and Jacopo ducked through the door to the cabin shared by her and Dantes. They found him reading a book.

"Edmond, we have to talk," Maddie said. Dantes's eyes, still somewhat bloodshot from his experience in Delphi, flicked up from his book towards the intruders in his cabin. He blinked once, twice, then looked back down towards the book. "What is so important that it requires a confrontation?" he asked, his voice monotone.

She took a breath. "What are you planning on doing after we find Priest?"

"There is nothing really to discuss on the matter, my plans will be revealed in due time once we are free of the various eyes and ears that wish to know them," he replied.

"Edmond…I understand your hesitance to fully reveal all you know to us, but as a matter of trust-"

"Trust? Maddie, trust is as easily lost as it is gained. As I said, it will be revealed in time." This time, there was a hint of a growl in his voice.

"Ed…we can't exactly form any plan if we don't know about it?" She pleaded. She turned towards her partner in crime. "Jacopo, help me convince him of this folly."

"I warned you of this, repeatedly, do not try to drag me down with you." He said. "I respect the secrets he holds, same as he respects mine."

"But it is our right to know we're walking into…between the sea monsters and the actual devilry at work, I would enjoy not walking to my death. At least, not without knowing what our long-term goal is," She argued.

"Death…You think I'm leading you to your death by holding back such knowledge from you?" The man who would be Count said as he finally put down his book. Despite the irritation in his voice, he lowered it to the table with care.

"Recall my lesson on secrets. The more you know of something, the more you can hurt it, or in many cases manipulate," he intoned. "A secret is not a binding symbol of trust, it is a dagger held above the heart of a man, it is…the most potent weapon against the mind."

"Or the spirit." Maddie said. "I've heard this before, again…"

"You hear, but do not listen. Recall Ecclesiastes 1:18." he instructed her. Jacopo blinked.

She sighed. "And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

Jacopo looked over at her in awe. "How do you remember all of that?"

"In the Chateau, there was little else to do besides memorize Scripture. It was the only book the old Pope let the prisoners have," Dantes answered him.

He then gave a gentle smile "Maddie, Jacopo, I do this so you cannot be used to hurt each other. Recall that our host is not only a smuggler, but sold his sail to a Pirate Lord and the Professor."

"And if he knew?" Jacopo asked. But he already knew the answer, he was just too afraid to say it out loud.

"If we are lucky, we will feast our eyes upon it - right before he slits our throats. And that is just what Vampa would do to us." Edmond half smiled, almost impressed that such an optimistic scenario came from his mouth.

"But we all know the real terror that will befall us." Maddie answered, looking at the case holding the mirror.

"I'm frightened of him, completely afraid of the Professor. I fear he may be able to listen to us even now. He plans and schemes for his own ends, and I live in fear that our usefulness will end and we will meet a most untimely demise…or be right back where we started." Dantes shuddered at the last word as he rubbed his hands together to hide the trembling of his fingers.

"He wouldn't send you back to…there. Would he? He knows you'd escape," Jacopo said.

"I don't doubt that, a gilded cage, perhaps surrounded by the dead men who sent me there as a mockery of my revenge" He mused. "Or maybe he knows more than anyone how dangerous I am, and would send me down to Davy Jones's locker. All I know is that he has many options on how to eliminate or disable my ability to act and I have none in return for him."

"Alright…to hell with it!" Maddie snapped.

"What?-" Edmond started. Then: "OW!"

Maddie Diplomacy Check: I will not give in…to fear, or your bullshit Edmond
DC: 75-10 (Cellmate)=65
Rolled: d100+15 111!

"Edmond Dantes, you are thirty-three years old and whimpering about lack of control over destiny. I have tried to be patient with you and your moodiness time and again…but I have had enough of you feeling sorry for yourself!" Madellaine said as she held his ear like a mother.

"Jacopo! Why are you just standing there? Help me!" Edmond growled, head cocked sideways as Maddie held an earlobe between thumb and forefinger.

"Oh no, Zatara, I'm far too entertained by this," he grinned. "You were saying, Made?"

"Edmond Dantes. You are free, you may not feel like with those damned drugs in you, or your seeming feeling of inadequacy over not breaking yourself out of the Chateau D'if."

"I do not feel inadequate about not breaking myself out of the Chateau! Why would you think that?" He said, finally wiggling free of Madellaine's grip.

"Because a part of you feels like you never proved to yourself that you were able to free yourself under your own power…you're not just afraid of the Professor, you're not just scared of all of his power and skills-" She poked his chest to emphasize a point.

"You hate him for freeing you…for denying you the chance to save yourself with your own hands. Not only were you denied your catharsis, you were emasculated like a doll and made a puppet to dance on strings," she continued. "And the worse part is…you know this, yet will never admit it."

Edmond was quiet, feeling the weight of the words spoken to him like a prowl of a ship crushing his heart. The truth, it seemed, cut both ways.

A part of me never left, still trapped in the walls of the Chateau…if I admit it, it might come back. But that is for me to decide.

He almost smiled. "I lied to your face, so you respond by going to the throat and telling me a truth I never wanted to hear."

"There is a price to pay in everything, Zatara, even lies; she responded to a lie with the truth," Jacopo said.

"Well, that is a valid way to strike back in an argument." Dantes finally grinned. "Be sure to pay attention to this Jacopo, this could save your life when arguing with a woman."

The man chuckled. "I've learned two ways to argue with a woman, and neither of them work."

"Alright, now, onto real business, since you won't reveal our long term goal in this escapade, can you at least tell us about the plan in the short term?" Maddie said.

"Well, for starters, after Egypt we will go to Priest's last location - Ababwa. Their Northern Satraps border the Caspian Sea, and Vampa tells me that the Caspian is now connected to the Black by a river. He can take us there, after which we will rent a wagon and travel south to the capital. If the Professor's intelligence is correct, Priest is living there after being rescued by the Huntsman's Club."

"And a happy reunion will be had!" Jacopo said briskly. "Then what?"

Dantes sighed. "Well…that depends on Priest. I hope he'll come with us. Until then, the Professor has some instructions for us to fulfill in the region."

Maddie giggled, causing Dantes to look up at her with a furrowed brow. "What's so funny?"

"The Raptor, that's what," she answered with a chuckle.

"What?" Jacopo asked. "Are we hunting a type of bird?"

"At this point, the real name of our quarry would suffice…" Edmond finished as Made finally started laughing.

Reward: Edmond has shamelessly explained the short term goal to Maddie and Jacopo while revealing nothing of his true long-term plans to any that would have eavesdropped on them. As far as anyone else knows he was just scolding (And being scolded by) Maddie.

Maddie gains +1 Diplomacy and a higher chance for an intrigue state growth due to expertly dismantling and identifying Edmond's greatest sense of failure that guides his moodiness...his pride being wounded by Moriarty saving him.

AN: Thank you for the Editing @TirelessTraveler and cleaning things up.

Yeah, Maddie's revealing what we already know...Edmond doesn't like the Professor at the end of the day.

At all.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
So, apologies for yet another long silence, but I have some good news. My job situation has changed recently and my ability and motivation to write has been returning to me. Including properly working on the chapter 12 vote post. I appreciate everyone that has stuck with this quest, and should have the next update posted Soon(TM).

So, apologies for yet another long silence, but I have some good news. My job situation has changed recently and my ability and motivation to write has been returning to me. Including properly working on the chapter 12 vote post. I appreciate everyone that has stuck with this quest, and should have the next update posted Soon(TM).
Congratulations on your Employment! I hope that everything goes well going forward.

Also welcome back boss!

That's great to hear! Looking forward to seeing what you have cooking for us.

As a note, I have managed to update one of my other much less technical quests. Jurassic Park: New Blood; found in my signature block.

Turn 12
Revealing the Gummi Bears to the general public of Ababwa had gone over fairly well. After Aladdin's own transparency in regards to his memory issues, the fact that a small group with a powerful enemy had wanted to keep themselves as hidden as possible was easy to understand. With Tai Lung having already accustomed people to humanoid animals, the only major issue they had to deal with was their diminutive size in relation to other people. Something that they were already well accustomed to adjusting for.

Between that and the hatching of the dragon, morale and spirits of the general people were very high. Which made the fact that Aladdin was likely about to plunge the country into war with one, if not two, major powers, all the more guilt-inducing. No matter how justified.

---

Turn Start City Funds: 45,498
City income: 32,800
  • 8,000 Medicines, plants, rare animals, pelts and dyes
  • 500 Increased trade from housing expansion
  • 500 Increased Tax Revenue
  • 1,500 Trade with Xiang-Wu
  • 500 Taxes from integration of Mongols.
  • 3,000 Salt harvesting
  • 3,500 Crossbow sales
  • 4,000 Trade with Atlantis
  • 1000 Trade with Agrabah
  • 1500 Trade with Maldonia
  • 2,500 Star Chart Sales
  • 500 Silphium exports
  • 800 Silphium Enhanced Medicines
  • 1500 Eastern taxes
  • 2500 Foreverwing Exhibit
  • 1000 Copper Mine
  • Current Upkeep costs:
    • 3000 Greenhouse
    • 1,000 Salt Harvesting
    • 500 Night Fighters Facilities
    • 500 Crossbow manufacturing
    • 150 Map Production
    • 500 Diplomatic corps
    • 500 Intelligence Apparatus
    • 500 (Tribute to Davy Jones)
    • 250 McCann Bros. Pay
    • 500 Stewardship corps
    • 250 Infiltrators Pay
      • 7650 Total Expenditures
  • Actual Income: 25,150
---
- [][Martial] Have the hunters look for warbeasts specifically
The menagerie is impressive. The War Beasts inside of it even more so, but after seeing Genie Aladdin knows that as impressive as an armor-clad rhinoceros is, there are tougher and more dangerous things out there. See if the hunters of Ababwa can find some to add to the War Stable.
DC: 70/80/90/100
Cost: 1000 gold

-[][Martial] Train a prehistoric animal for War.
With Tai Lung opening up the crystals and giving Frosting access to the creatures preserved within, it may be possible to train these ancient beasts as potent weapons of war. Success will result in Frosting successfully figuring out how to utilize one of the creatures at random for combat purposes and create a new special unit to deploy to conflicts.
DC: 95
Cost: 250 Gold

-[][Martial] Stalking the Bush
With Selous now dedicated to Ababwa, he's offered his services to help train a cadre of scouts in bushcraft and moving without being detected by man or beast. While it won't require a specialized facility, you'll still need some supplies. Removes malus from soldiers moving through heavy jungle and savannah and increases information gained from scouting forays in those areas.
DC: 85
Cost: 500 Gold

- [][Martial] Fanning the Fires of Rebellion
Shan Yu's empire is broken, and the warlords of his hoard now scramble for the pieces. The biggest player in the realm seems to be Lord Shen and his gunpowder weaponry. But he's still another invader. There's also the Resistance. Covertly send some of your men to the Broken Empire to help start stabilizing the place. Of course there are options for how to go about doing that...
-- [] Support the Resistance
-- [] Support "Lord Shen"
-- [] Create a third faction attuned to Ababwa's interests.
-- [] Hire Pub Thugs as an intermediary to fight on behalf of
--- [] Lord Shen
--- [] The Resistance
DC: 50/65/100
Cost: 8,000/6,500/15,000/10,000 Gold

- [][Martial] Cross Training
Expand on the initial cadres of specialists you have, cross train more soldiers in a specialty. Allows specialists to be spread more evenly throughout the army.
-- [] Swordsmen
-- [] Night Fighters
DC: 75
Cost: 0 Gold

- [][Martial] Engines of War
The lack of siege engines is understandable due to the terrain around Ababwa; but it probably wouldn't be amiss to perhaps have a few in your arsenal just in case. Find an engineer to construct some using the iron-hard timber harvested from the Forest.
DC: 70
Cost: 9,000 Gold; Upkeep cost of 500 gold per turn

- [][Martial] Bigger is Better
Ababwa may be looking to expand again, rather soon. It might be well worth it to expand the army to have the surplus troops and infrastructure that would be able to hold down more territory instead of needing to be expanded after the fact.
DC: 90
Cost: 10,000 Gold

- [ ][Martial]Drums of War
Your enemies have been identified. Begin mobilizing your troops for overt actions against the kingdom of Lemuria and the East India Trading Company. This will take a lot of money to get in motion as you gird your newest troops with the supplies and gear they'll need to hopefully survive. But whom will you focus on first? Each enemy will take very different approaches to deal with them.
--[ ]EITC
--[ ]Lemuria
DC: 35
Cost: 20,000 Gold

- [][Martial] Setting Down Roots
The Commanders that have been assigned to the various cities in the North, along with their garrisons, have had several months to settle in and become familiar with the people. Why not make it a permanent solution and just appoint them as the administrators of the cities? Lowers DC of A Soldier's Life to 45, lowers cost to 2,000. Impacts choices for Northern Satraps going forward. (Incompatible with "Hire Local" and "Fresh Faces!".)
DC: 1
Cost: 0

- [][Martial]Forging a Red Sword
With all of the issues that are springing up that require a martial solution, Ahmed is looking at expanding his staff to better handle all of the moving pieces without letting anything fall between the cracks logistically or martially. Gain a second Martial Action.
DC: 80 (Heroes assigned to this task may substitute their Learning for Martial)
Cost: 2,000 Gold, 500 Gold Upkeep per turn after

- [][Stewardship] Prospect for new resources
Genie set up Ababwa to be in an ideal spot, but just because the city is tapping into local resources doesn't mean that it's using all of the local resources available to their fullest potential. Have some people scout for untapped resources in the principality and protectorates.
-- []In the North
-- [] In the West
DC: 65/85
Cost: 1250/2000 Gold

- [][Stewardship] Something's Fishy...
Ababwa now has access to the Caspian Sea thanks to their armies holding the Northern Satraps. This is a prime opportunity to get up there and start building fisheries to take advantage of the plethora of sea life there. Especially the roe of the Beluga Sturgeon which calls those waters home. Gain additional income of 2,500 Gold per turn, increased acceptance in the Northern Satraps for providing jobs and infrastructure. Upkeep cost of 1000 Gold per turn.
DC: 80
Cost: 6,000 Gold

- [][Stewardship] A Helping Hand... or Foot.
With the research for the prosthetics having borne fruit, your people are ready to begin manufacturing and exporting them. Granted, many will be custom pieces, but there is more than enough demand to make it a viable market. Everything from hands to feet to arms and full legs. Gain additional income of 3,000 Gold per turn, Ababwa's reputation increases. Upkeep cost of 750 Gold per turn due to the small market and amount of materials needed, combined with each prosthetic needing to be custom made.
Cost: 5,000 Gold

- [][Stewardship] Fresh Faces!
Sinbad will go through an exhaustive list of candidates from around Ababwa to pick out the best potential administrators and leaders to take over from the Commanders, allowing the army units stationed there to slowly stand down and return to Ababwa proper while the new local city guards are trained. Removes upkeep cost from Northern Satraps, makes them Protectorates of Ababwa. (Incompatible with "Hire Local" and "Setting Down Roots".)
DC: 100
Cost: 4,000 Gold

- [][Stewardship] The Olympus Connection
With contact made with Greece and the Olympians from both the activities of Poseidon and your sending of gifts to Hades and Persephone in celebration of the birth of their new child; it stands to reason that making a trade agreement with the country/coalition of city states should be permissible. Sets up trade routes with Grecian merchants, increases income by 2,500 Gold per turn.
DC: 65
Cost: 1,500 Gold

- [][Stewardship] Expand trade district
The trade district for Ababwa is decently sized, but there's room to expand, and the new room may also draw in new merchants looking to get in on this lucrative market. (Increase in income by 500 gold per turn)
Cost: 1500 gold

- [][Stewardship] Expand housing district
No one in Ababwa goes without a roof over their heads, that's one thing Genie made very sure of. But there are always people coming into the city; and some of them might wish to stay. Expand the housing district to make sure that there's room for all. (Allows for additional population within Ababwa; gain +500 in income per turn from increased trade and taxes)
Cost: 2000 gold

- [][Stewardship] Set up a Trade Agreement with the Kingdom of Egypt
While you and your people find some of the practices of the Pharoh's people repugnant, with everything else going on you don't really have an option to just wipe him out militarily. The next best thing is to start getting your foot in the door and a trade agreement is the easiest way to go about that. Sets up trade routes with Egypt, increases income by 2,000 Gold per turn.
Cost: 1,000 Gold

- [][Stewardship]Bound for All Points East
With the admission of the Eastern Satraps into the Ababwan protectorates, there are no longer any areas outside of one kingdom or another's influence. Send out people to survey the various imports and exports in order to further streamline transportation costs; as well as make sure that there aren't any monopolies hiding under the surface that could try to cause trouble. Lowers chances of negative impacts on cash flow when major disruptions happen.

- [][Diplomacy] Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
With the great relationship between Ababwa and Xiang-Wu at this point in time, setting up a diplomatic embassy would go a long way towards allowing Ababwan operations to move through the area faster, as well as allow for a quicker capitalization on any new developments in regards to the kingdom.
DC: 50
Cost: 2,500 Gold

-[][Diplomacy] Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Egypt
Having an embassy in Egypt would allow you to have a larger presence in the country, and give the people you're sending to operate there a safe place to retreat to and rest. As well as a place under your own control to conduct paperwork and other activities that you don't want easily available to the Egyptians. Allows for a diplomatic meeting between Ramses and Aladdin.
Cost: 2,000 Gold

- [][Diplomacy] Hire Local!
The people that know the North best are those that have lived there all their lives. Who better to put in charge of the place? Scherezade will go through the exhaustive list of candidates to pick out the best potential administrators and leaders to take over from the Commanders, allowing the army units stationed there to slowly stand down and return to Ababwa proper while the local city guards are filled and trained. Removes upkeep cost from Northern Satraps, makes them Protectorates of Ababwa. (Incompatible with "Setting Down Roots" and "Fresh Faces!".)
DC: 110

- [][Diplomacy] Send Envoys to the (East/West/North/South)
--[] East: According to the maps you have the Hunnic States and the Silk Road lie in that direction. A good chance for profit! And to perhaps head off raids.
--- [] Lord Shen DC 50, Cost 1000
--- [] The Resistance DC 80, Cost 1000
--- [] Shan Yu DC 130, Cost 1000
--[] South: Headed southwards on the other hand takes the diplomats to the sea, and from there it's either engage the services of a ship, or follow the coast to the south-west, plunging into the heart of the African continent.
--[] Far West: You've heard from Helga about the country that she and some parts of the Atlantean contingent hail from. It might be worthwhile to make a more solid connection rather than using the Atlanteans as intermediaries.
-DC: 120
-Cost: 2,000 Gold
--[] South-West: If you can't trust the EITC to get you the medicines they'd described, then perhaps you can figure out how to get it yourself. One of your spies managed to find out that the tree it's made from is found in a vast land far south of the lands held by the likes of Whitmore and Ratcliffe.
-DC: 150
-Cost: 4,500 Gold

Sometimes the outstretched hand is the better leadoff than the clenched fist. See if you can make diplomatic connections with any of your neighbors that you don't have already.
DC: Variable
Cost: Variable

-[][Diplomacy] Dining with a Lord
Nemo has extended an invitation to dine with him to Aladdin. While actually getting him to the Nautilus and back isn't as difficult as it could be, you'll still need to arrange things so that his schedule is completely clear during that time and then some to adjust for possible... complications.
Cost: 1500 Gold

- [][Intrigue]Like Thieves in the Night
Haroud has been intrigued and impressed by the night-fighting training that Tai Lung gave to the Nightingale's. He's requested the Kung Fu Master give his own agents a run through the course in order to work out any flaws in their technique, or correct any bad habits. Reduces DC and cost on espionage missions

-[][Intrigue] People are what they Love (Intrigue)
The EITC is looking to make inroads with the Ababwan markets. Meet them halfway and open up further diplomatic discourse. Or at least, make the appearance of doing so, to give your agents more openings into the organization and allowing for us to get a better grasp of their current plans and tactics. Improves information on the state of the EITC.

- [][Intrigue] Holding the Bag(man)
The latest issues that Sinbad has been having seem to be suspiciously consistent in how often they happen. Audit the stewardship department for any spies or moles.

-[][Intrigue]Like a Cobra in Wait
With the change of fortunes in Egypt, the formerly ignored area will need to be properly infiltrated and investigated. Even if Ababwa is a bit more sophisticated in terms of technology, there's all sorts of nasty legends and tales about the capabilities of Egyptian magic. And Haroud has already heard some unsavory things about the two priests thanks to the bits and pieces that Iago's burgeoning network has dredged up. Gets more information on Egypt and the inner workings of the kingdom.

- [][Intrigue] Now Hiring!
Haroud is adamant that he needs more people, both to help expand out his network, as well as
to see if he can find people that are good enough to be used for special assignments. Potential discovery of new Heros, may also gain extra information on an area. Repeatable.
--[]Have Haroud focus on a specific region
---[] Where?

- [][Intrigue] Plotting a Course
This talk of pirates is intriguing. Have Haroud send out his men to investigate the rumors of these corsairs and see how much is truth and how much is grog-induced fiction. Chance to make contact with one of the pirate crews.
--[]James Hook
--[]Drago Bludvist
Cost: 2000/1000 Gold

- [][Intrigue] Digging up Roots
Haroud is fascinated by Tai Lung, and the news regarding the other animal people that have emerged in China. He wants to send some people to see if they can backtrack the big cat's movements and find out where he came from.
DC 80
Cost: 2,500 Gold

- [][Intrigue] Eyes on the East
The situation in China has gone beyond untenable. Ababwa needs some actionable intelligence, not just fifth-hand rumors. Send out a group of agents to investigate the factions there. Gains more information on what's happening in China, also may reduce DCs involving said faction.
-- [] Shan Yu DC: 145
-- [] Lord Shen DC: 50
-- [] The Resistance DC: 120

-[][Intrigue]Plumbing the Depths
With what you now know about Lemuria, you now know the kind of poisonous viper that had tried to worm its way into your ranks. Have your best men begin infiltration of the various petty kingdoms that make up the whole of Lemuria to start figuring out where the strings leading back to the puppet master are. And how to cut them.
Cost: 3,500 Gold

- [][Intrigue] Needing a Hand
Never one to sit on an opportunity, Haroud will send a message to the King of Thieves, requesting that the Forty Thieves hit a particular target in order to sow confusion, or steal something of particular value to Ababwa (along with anything else the Thieves decide to grab for themselves).
-- [] The Mao Kun Map is currently in the hands of one of Shan Yu's warlords. Have the Forty Thieves relieve him of it, and help themselves to the rest of his treasury in the process.
DC 90
Cost: 20,000 Gold
-- [] The gold reserves of Lemuria are incredibly deep. Have the Thieves go and liberate some of it to line their own pockets. And put Lemuria off balance in negotiating trade terms.
Cost: 8,000 Gold
-- [] Write-In (DC and Cost will be determined by GM and put in the thread)

-[][Intrigue]A Royal Meeting
With what you've found out about Lemuria, Aladdin has determined that if the Forty Thieves are to be brought on board as full-on mercenaries rather than just potentially hired on for acquisitions, then he intends to do so face-to-face with their leader. The stubborn boy refuses to budge on this, no matter what alternatives you and Iago have put forward. So you do as your Prince commands...
Cost: 1000 Gold

- [][Intrigue] The Man In Red
Will and Chiron's tidings of this strange man in a red cloak are unsettling to hear about, and Haroud only glanced at the copy of the drawings they'd made before shutting the scroll tightly. Not a cipher he'd ever seen, and if it was; not one he was inclined to try and translate. Perhaps it would be best to have the source of the drawings on-hand? Send men out to find where the Man in Red is, and if possible, detain him for questioning.
DC: 95/120

-[][Intrigue] The Dusty Young Man
A stranger has arrived in Ababwa; a young man came stumbling off the desert to the west and into the city, accompanied by a flying eel of all things. He hasn't done anything suspicious beyond frequenting the bazaar, but is obsessed with finding magical trinkets. Haroud isn't sure if it's worth your time, but if nothing else the flying eel marks him as an oddity.
DC: ???

- [][Learning]Assign Chiron to assist a Hero
-- []Which Hero?

- [][Learning] Tinker, Tailor, Engineer...
Considering this is a magical kingdom literally wished into existence, you wouldn't put it past Genie to put some sort of fantastically intelligent individuals into it. See if anyone has put together any interesting bits and bobs, and made something convenient out of it (Invention roll, random chance)

- [][Learning] My Armor is like Tenfold Shields
The dragon skin that has been donated by the Huntsmen is a fascinating substance. Even after being separated from the body for so long, it still remains as pliant and flexible as it had been while alive. What other properties does it hide? Conduct all manner of tests to determine the properties of the skin.

- [][Learning] Mastering Magic
Calla's sudden reveal of magical abilities has Chiron wondering how many other people may have the spark, even unknowingly using it. Search through Ababwa to see if any more potential magicians/sorcerers/wizards/whatever they want to call themselves, can be found.

- [][Learning] Crustacean Curiosity
The crabs that Sinbad brought back from the salt lake are unlike any that the old porter had ever heard of. Perhaps Chiron can puzzle out their secrets and figure out if they may be an as-yet untapped resource? Learn more information about the crabs, may unlock new options.

-[][Learning]Awakening the Past
The animals that were brought back from the Valley of Frozen Time are incredible specimens. Have Tai Lung begin breaking them free of their prisons in order to begin studying them. The zoological department of the university is alight with interest as to their behaviors and habits. There's just the matter of making sure that they have properly secured enclosures...
Gain +1500 income per turn from the new additions to the Menagerie.
DC: 40
Cost: 9,000

- [][Learning] A Spoonful of Sugar...
One of the propositions that crossed Aladdin's desk was to create clinics and hospitals throughout Ababwa. Places where the injured could be treated quickly using methods and medicines developed at the University. If successful the action will be locked in for two turns. Aladdin gains even more popularity, general health of the citizens improves, and increases citizen quality of life.
Update: The Greenhouse drastically cuts the costs of upkeep and supplying these places initially.
Cost: 8,000 Gold; Upkeep cost of 500 Gold per turn to keep them supplied and staffed.

-[][Learning]Dashing and Daring
With the Gummi Bears having revealed themselves, Gruffi and Cubbi both apparently have had a lot of experience working on repairing and maintaining the various technologies left behind by the Ancient Gummis in Gummi Glen. Chiron thinks that with a bit of dialogue, he may be able to convince them to at least give him a few ideas to extrapolate from. May unlock a random Gummi Bear technology.

- [][Learning] He Ain't Heavy...
While Chiron, Iago, and Tai Lung are currently the only non-humans you have as citizens, there's no guarantee that that will remain the case. It may be a good idea to get ahead of the problem and fund a program to work out the kinks and issues of treating non-human beings for injuries and illnesses. Removes any malus in healing non-humans, gives Ababwa a greater reputation as a place of sanctuary for all. Lowers upkeep of hospitals and clinics by half.
Cost: 5,000 Gold

- [][Learning] Train Physicians
While the clinics and hospitals would be a great boon, you can also fund a program to train traveling physicians that are able to go to those that cannot come to the clinics. . Raises Ababwa's reputation as a place that cares for its people. +1500 in increased revenue due to fewer people being laid up and unable to work.
Cost: 8,000 Gold; Upkeep Cost of 500 Gold per turn

- [][Learning] Renewal and Rejuvenation
Legends speak of a magical tree known as the Tree of Renewal. Not only is the fruit capable of healing wounds and even removing scars and blemishes, but its most potent effect is the ability to break curses placed upon the person eating the fruit. Your doctors are salivating at the thought of such a treasure, and wish to acquire samples to see if another tree can potentially be grown from the seeds.
Cost: 7,500 Gold

- [][Learning] It's Just Gibberish! ... Isn't It?
Chiron believes that there are actual words in some lost tongue hidden in the markings that he and Will copied. He's willing to put the effort into trying to unscramble them. Even if he feels hungover after each attempt to decipher them so far...

- [][Learning] Secrets of the Heart
Chiron is convinced that they've only scratched the surface of what Silphium is capable of. Finance projects specifically to look into other applications to the herb. Add +1000 Gold to income from expanded applications of Silphium
Cost: 4000 Gold

- [][Learning] In the Eye of the Dragon (Learning)
Zummi has found an odd lens and a fragment of a map. Chiron and the university can attempt to figure out the origins of both, as well as see if they can figure out what the carvings on the lens are supposed to be.

- [][Occult] Now you See Me
The example provided by Calla and Cabe of the potion of invisibility had left quite the impression. Even if they were short-lived they could make for a powerful tool in the hands of your army's scouts... or the agents of Haroud's network. Commission as large a batch of the potions to be made as possible. Reduces DCs for scouting and intelligence gathering actions.
Cost: 6,000 Gold, Upkeep cost of 1,000 Gold per turn to keep the potions stocked up.

-[][Occult]Nothing up my Sleeve
With the public reveal of the Gummi Bears, Zummi now feels comfortable enough to hire secondary scribes and assistants. While only he, Calla and Cavin, or the other Gummis are allowed to interact with the large tome that they brought with them when they'd first arrived in Ababwa, there's no need for quite so much secrecy anymore. Unlocks second Occult action.
Cost: Cost: 2,000 Gold, 500 Gold Upkeep per turn after

-[][Occult]Courageous and Caring
Gummiberry juice sounds like it'd be a major boon to your armies at first, until you'd heard about not only the time limit, but the fact that it would need your men to have experience before they'd be able to use it effectively as well. However the Gummis have lots more lore that they can delve into now that Zummi isn't constantly preoccupied by maintaining the facade, and as such he can begin looking through the Great Book of Gummi more often to see what he can coax out of the magical tome to help the Gummi's adopted home. Chance to gain Gummi Bear potion recipes, or other magical formulae.

-[][Occult]There's Room for Everyone
Your newest addition to the Menagerie is still very much getting used to things. Perhaps a bit of interaction can help the infant dragon feel more at ease while giving Zummi the chance to make some observations and notes? Maybe even take a small sample of that moss; something like that has to have some amazing properties! Gives insight into dragon behavior and physiology,
--[]Ask the Grimbournes to share whatever knowledge they can.
DC: 100/90
Cost: 1000

-[][Occult] Facets in Fate
Zummi seems very interested in opening correspondence with the Guardian of the Destiny Stone. But it may take some effort and gold to find a courier willing to go back and forth to the remote temple and not give up its location.
DC: 60

-[][Occult] One Frozen Moment
The Valley of Frozen Time sounds like an incredible place for investigation, the preservative qualities of these crystals and the way they react to Tai Lung's chi are mind-boggling. Send a proper expedition out to investigate the valley and perhaps figure out what that blue glow was.
Cost: 6,500 Gold

-[][Occult]Red Rum
Though none of you actually visited the Valley of the Crimson Sands, it may be a good idea to look in on the place and see what it's like. If nothing else, making sure that no budding necromancers have set up shop would probably be a good idea.
Cost: 8,500 Gold

- [][Occult] Knowledge is Power
While the university's current library is very impressive, perhaps you should see what texts you can obtain to fill it out a bit more? Increases the references within the library, opens up new potential discoveries or adventures.
Cost: 8,000 Gold

- [][Occult] Seeing Between Spaces
The copies of the notations made by the Man in Red are disturbing to look upon, but perhaps Zummi may be able to translate them with less potential danger of blinding headaches than Chiron and his scholars could?

- [][Occult] Tomes, Trinkets and Treasures
Scour the University library for any magical references. Even if there are no magicians or sorcerers in the kingdom, there may be references to them, or to artifacts of power that can be used for the good of the kingdom in the University library. Scour the shelves and try to find anything. May lead to relics, heroes or adventures.

- [][Occult] Hidden Hollows and Gilded Glens
Find out if there are any local legends about magical creatures or beings. Even if Ababwa was spun up out of whole cloth, Genie wasn't one to just lay out everything in the open. No, he'd seed little surprises into the mix to keep things interesting. Such as integrating magical creatures or beings into the kingdom in some manner. See if there's any hint to them to be found.
DC: 60
Cost: 2000 Gold

- [][Occult] Tonics, Tinctures and Tablets
With the advent of the Greenhouse, it's now possible for Zummi to begin experimenting with how to produce certain potions. Not all of them are guaranteed to be hits, but it's possible he may be able to tease out some exceptionally useful concoctions. From there it's a matter of developing them for stable and consistent brewing.
-Addendum: With the research into the possible uses for Dragon body parts completed Zummi believes that he can integrate that into this research in order to produce more potent and powerful, though potentially more limited, concoctions.

- [][Occult] Dark Wings in the Night
Zummi captured a spirit of some kind that was inhabiting the corpse of a crow. Where did it come from? Why was it chasing Holly? Who was it threatening to tell about Calla's abilities?
DC: 60/90/130
Cost: 1000 Gold for ritual circle components

- [][Occult] In the Eye of the Dragon (Occult)
Zummi has found an odd lens and a fragment of a map. Calla's powers may be able to help figure out where they came from, and more importantly, what their uses were supposed to be.

- [][Personal] Bow Flex
Train with the bow. Aladdin feels at once familiar with a bow and like he's never really handled one in his life. Take some time to work on his archery skills and see how good he really is. Gain +1 Martial. Chance of gaining a trait.
DC: 1/95

- [][Personal] Balancing the Books
Now that Aladdin has gotten past his mental block, he needs to continue improving his understanding of how economics works on the macro and micro scale. Sinbad is willing to help the young Prince in this effort. Gain +1 Stewardship. Chance of gaining a trait.

- [][Personal] A Cover is not the Book
Look into knowledge pertaining to People - You've a cheap sort of charm to you, but that's not going to cut it forever, especially now that you're in the big leagues. Try and figure out how to talk in high society, maybe the Sultan or Jasmine can help? Gain +1 Diplomacy. Chance of gaining a trait.
DC: 15/95

- [][Personal] Win an argument with Angry
You figure if you can do this, you can win an argument with ANYONE. Gain +2 Diplomacy, trait.
DC: Roll vs Angry

- [][Personal] Old Dogs with New Tricks
Aladdin is pretty slick and cunning, and with Abu watching his back he's even more so. But he's hardly a mastermind of intrigue and deception. Haroud may have some tips and tricks to pass on to the younger generation of ne'er do wells. Gain +1 Intrigue. Chance of gaining a trait.
DC: 25/95

- [][Personal] Cram Time
Study at the University. Aladdin's not dumb, but he never exactly got the chance for a real education. Time to remedy that! Gain +1 Learning. Chance of gaining a trait.

- [][Personal]This Mystical Land of Magic and Sand
Aladdin knows just enough about magical beings and items to know that he doesn't know nearly enough for his own good. Better see if he can rectify that. Gain +1 Occult. Chance of gaining a trait.

- [][Personal] Visit Jasmine
While Jasmine wants to take things slow and do courtship by letter and correspondence, a bit of spontaneity is good for a relationship, right? Drop in on Carpet with a couple of Aladdin's personal guards. She may or may not be happy to see him though... Can affect relationship with Jasmine.
– [][Personal] Speak with Holmes
Holmes has been…irate, to put it mildly, since word came of the events in France. While you're here, why not ask him about it? Consumes a second PA, must be taken along with "Visit Jasmine". Reward: A Story Told, ???
Diplomacy DC: ???
--[][Personal]Speak with Watson
The doctor is the reason that the Sultan didn't succumb to the poisoning attempt, and kept Jasmine from spiraling in her grief, leaving her vulnerable to the manipulations of the EITC. You'd like to get to know the quiet, thoughtful man a bit better. Anyone who can deal with Holmes on a regular basis must have some interesting stories of his own to share.Reward: A Story Told, ???
Diplomacy DC: ???

- [][Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
Better to stick to how Jasmine wished to conduct things. Pen her a letter, tell her about Ababwa and what's been happening. Barring any state secrets of course... Can affect relationship with Jasmine.

- [][Personal] Visit with Red and Angry
You've taken the two girls on as your personal assistants, but you don't know all that much about them. Why not take some time to get to know about their past? Reward: Learn about their past, ???
Diplomacy DC: 50/75/100

- [][Personal] Life's a Zoo
Visit the Menagerie (pick out a mount and/or just stress relief). The Menagerie is a great place to relax and watch the animals just live their lives. The Sirrush has now gained its full growth and can be used as a mount in combat, but that still requires training. And wrangling the pride of a young dragon.
DC: 30
-- [] Train specifically with the Sirrush
Diplomacy DC: 40

- [][Personal] A Talented Twisted Tongue
Aladdin's sick of not being able to speak to people in their own language. Make a serious effort to learn the native language of one of the Heroes or Advisors that resides in Ababwa.
-- [] English
-- [] Chinese
-- [] Greek
-- [] Konkani (Dialect of West India)
Learning DC: 55

- [][Personal] Getting to Know You (Better)
While Aladdin is generally familiar with his advisors now, talking to them a bit more could uncover new sides to them, or new insights into how they see the world.
-- [] Which Advisor?

- [][Personal] Get to know a Hero better
This may give you greater insights into their past, provide clues in how to help them with their personal goals, and increase their personal loyalty to Aladdin.
--[] Write-in which Hero

- [][Iago Personal] You Scratch My Beak...
Iago is well aware that you didn't hire him on for his good looks. He'll pitch in as best he can with projects. Just tell him where to put his effort in.
--[] Write in which task

- [][Iago Personal] What the Flock?!
Iago has quite a few contemporaries that have made their way to Ababwa now. Best to get the lay of the land with em' now rather than risk one of them deciding they didn't like him at an inopportune moment.
-- [] Which character?

- [][Iago Personal]Eyes of the Raptor
Iago sees to his burgeoning personal network of contacts; in order to expand their influence and gain more information. May acquire information outside of the local sphere of influence Ababwa occupies.
Intrigue DC: 50/80/110

-[][Iago Personal]Scratching in the Walls...
Iago's network has brought him some interesting news in regards to interlopers from out of the country. Not just the agents of The Professor, but of a... smaller problem of sorts. Mice have been emigrating, and unlike his human counterparts Iago is more than willing to add other animals to his network. Find out where these new immigrants are coming from and more importantly, why they left.
DC: 85 (Diplomacy)

- [][Jose Personal] Hospital stay
Jose Faria is a man who's been subjected to decades of abuse and malnourishment. He needs extensive rest, nutritional supplements, and probably more. Jose spends the next two months in the hospital convalescing. Reduces his "These Old Bones" Penalty by 2.
DC: 20 (Currently 0 due to stored supplies).

- [][Jose Personal] Magnum Opus
Jose spent his years in prison not only trying to escape, but using scraps of linen torn from his shirt combined with an ink made of wine and water to write out a work he calls "A Treatise on the Possibility of a General Monarchy in Italy." Naturally he doesn't have the original, but he's certain that he can recreate it.
Learning DC: 60

- [][Jose Personal] Exploring Ababwa
Ababwa is a fantastical city that Jose never even imagined. He wishes to familiarize himself with its sights and sounds. Or perhaps merely to spend time in the sun with people around just to hear and see them.
Diplomacy DC: 30

- [][Jose Personal] New Faces, Strange Places
There are so many intriguing people here that Jose never would have dreamed to meet in all his years. All of them are fascinating in their own ways; he simply must meet them all!
-- [] Which character?
– [] Haroud has set up Jose with a new roommate, one Eugene Fitzhubert. Take some time to get to know him.

- [][Jose Personal] The World's a Bit Bigger Now
The Upheaval has thrown everything into uncertainty. Jose wishes to find out as much as he can about the changed world in order to judge which pieces of knowledge he possesses will be the most helpful to his new benefactors!
Intrigue DC: 50

- [][Jose Personal] I'm Old, not Dead
Jose is more than willing to help Aladdin and Ababwa with any tasks that he can.
--[] Which task

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Training
Tai Lung is a fitness and training fanatic, and seems to always be on the lookout for new weapons to learn or styles of combat to fold into his own personal arsenal. And he's more than happy to have someone to spar with. Can allow other characters to increase Martial, allows Tai Lung to familiarize himself with new styles of combat and reduce his malus when encountering them.
-- [] hand-to-hand
-- [] weapons
---[] Which character to spar with
--[] Adaptation Training: Removes temperature malus as Tai Lung trains himself to use the Breath of Life technique without needing to concentrate on it.

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Masters of a Different Sort
While making friends and playing nice doesn't seem to be one of Tai Lung's strong points, he's at least going to try and make an effort to meet with the other people that are helping Ababwa grow and prosper.
-- [] Which character?

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Inner peace
Tai Lung seems desperate for some mental and spiritual equilibrium. As such he's working hard on achieving it through a combination of meditation and going slowly through martial art forms. They do seem to help him control his temper... Suppresses Neverchosen trait for the next turn.

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Matters Great and Small
Tai Lung is grateful for the place that he's been given in Ababwa, and is more than willing to assist in any tasks that Aladdin may need him for.
-- [] Which task?

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Walk the Earth
Helping the noncombatant residents of the kingdom or province that they're associated with is apparently a duty of Kung Fu masters, at least as Tai Lung tells it. He'll spend the next couple months moving around the protectorates and the principality itself in order to help the common folk with what issues he can. Tai Lung's name becomes known as someone looking to help.
Diplomacy DC: 60

- [][Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
Cavin's not been able to really get in some training with his sword and shield for several months. With the new time on his hands, why not act to remedy that? And maybe see if he can make some new friends? Improves Cavin's martial and may familiarize him with other members of the Court.
--[]Spar with Ahmed
--[]Spar with Tai Lung
--[]Spar with Aladdin (requires a PA from Aladdin)
--[]Spar with Sinbad (the Porter)
--[]Spar with Hubb McCann
DC: Variable, Martial

- [][Cavin Personal] Threats from Home
Tell the Prince and his advisors about the threats from Dunwyn, mostly being Igthorn. Though there are some other entities and potential threats besides him and the Ogres.
DC: 70 Diplomacy

- [][Cavin Personal] Meet and Greet
Now that he's standing on his own rather than acting simply as support for Zummi, Calla and the Gummis, perhaps reintroductions are in order?
DC: Variable, Diplomacy

- [][Cavin Personal] Zip-a-dee-doo-da
Today is a perfect day for a picnic. So why not take Calla out on one? Yes it would also be considered a date but it's not like you're going to get into trouble just going to a field near the edge of the forest, right?
DC: 50 Diplomacy

- [][Calla Personal] Training with her Powers
Even though Calla has decent control over her powers, a little extra practice never hurts. Allows for a reroll on Nature Red in Tooth and Claw if failed. Also may allow Calla to realize abilities she currently doesn't have.
Occult DC: 80

- [][Calla Personal] Learning Alchemy/Chemistry
With her new ability to enhance the growth of plants and fungi, Calla is looking to expand her knowledge on how she could apply it to allow her to create useful concoctions in the field. Increases Calla's learning score and allows her to create simple potions in the field to help heal herself and her allies, or harm her enemies.
Learning DC: 75

- [][Calla Personal] Holding Court
While Calla has been here for a year now, she's not really interacted with many people outside of Zummi, Cavin, the Council, and Zummi's other acolytes. Perhaps she should remedy that, with so many new faces in the palace.
-- [] Which character

- [][Calla Personal] Time with Cavin
Cavin and Calla have been practically joined at the hip since they came to the kingdom (Not like that you perverts). But with the advent of her powers and all the time spent training in them, it feels like a rift has begun to open between them. Time to remedy that!
Diplomacy DC: 50

- [][Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
For all her poise and grace, Calla has a surprisingly martial mindset when roused. Now that she has these powers, she wants to figure out how to use them in combat, and how to integrate what she already knows of fighting with bow, blade and buckler into that.
Martial DC: 70

- [][Calla Personal] A Little Elbow Grease
With her expanded capabilities, and Zummi's newfound grasp of Arabic, Calla is now free to help out in a larger capacity. She can be assigned to a National task.
-- [] Which task?

- [][Selous Personal] All Creatures Great and Small
The menagerie of Ababwa is an astounding place, truly ahead of its time even if it's also being used to house creatures for warfare. Even then they're cared for well and given comfortable enclosures and good food. Selous is curious to find out all of its inhabitants. And perhaps give this "Frosting" some tips on how to prepare enclosures for even more exotic beasts. Increases Selous' favorable opinion of Ababwa.
Learning DC: 50

- [][Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises
While his Zulu and Swahili are excellent, Selous' Arabic is barely passable. Best to remedy this is he intends to stay here for any length of time, especially if he doesn't want to constantly need to ask for someone to interpret for him.
Diplomacy DC: 70

- [][Selous Personal] Chronicles of Danger
Selous has a unique insight into how things stand in the Indian Jungle as of right now. Committing it to paper before the memories totally fade would probably be a prudent course of action; who knows when that knowledge may come in handy?
Learning DC: 70

- [][Selous Personal] Restocking
Selous is eager to get out on the hunt once again, but before he does that, he'll need to resupply his store of ammunition. Thankfully he policed all of his brass, and he can see about contracting an alchemist to construct the necessary tools to create more bullets. After making damn sure that they won't spread the knowledge unless he either gives his leave, or is verifiably dead.
Martial DC: 90

- [][Selous Personal] Never Too Old
Selous is more than happy to lend a hand in order to feel like he's earning his keep. He can be assigned to a National Task
-- [] Which task?

- [][Helga Personal] Earning my keep
Helga is here to make a new start, and she's not going to do it sitting on her laurels. Helga assists with a national action.
-- [] Which Action?

- [][Helga Personal] Lay of the Land
Helga's in a completely new environment. Time to do a threat assessment and security check, if for nothing else than her own peace of mind. Helga familarizes herself with the kingdom and the capital's environs. Helga will not get lost in the city.
Learning DC: 50

- [][Helga Personal] Watching her back
After her last boss' actions when she had made her farewells, she's not really in a "trusting" mood. Helga will speak to an Advisor or Hero in order to learn more about their personalities and to make sure that she's not going to get another dagger in the back.
-- [] Who does she talk to?
Intrigue DC: 50

- [X][Indy Personal] Hit the Books!
Indy is determined to earn his degree. And for that he requires study and memorization. He ensconces himself in the library to advance his knowledge in his current courses. Must be taken at least once every two turns.
Learning DC: 20

- [][Indy Personal] It Belongs in a Museum!
Chiron had no idea what the field of archeology was. This wasn't something that could be left to stand! Who knew how many secrets and treasures belonging to the past were out there to be uncovered, to be seen by the people and to help them learn about their past in order to help shape their future. Indy builds a campaign to create a department of Archeology within the University of Ababwa. Of course, that means navigating all the tenured professors...
Diplomacy DC: 60

- [][Indy Personal] Itchy Feet
Indy is someone who prefers to be on the move more often than not. He'll go out and explore an area near the city, or if Carpet is not in use, request it to fly him a bit further afield in order to explore or perform studies on-site in some cases. May occasionally bring back items of interest.

Available Heroes:
Aladdin
Frederick Selous
Iago
Calla
Tai Lung
Jose Faria
Cavin
Helga
Hub McCann
Garth McCann
Henry Jones Jr. Unavailable this turn

-[][Adventure] On a Wing and a Prayer
Aladdin has found a reference to the legendary birds known as Rocs, and that there was once a nesting site in the mountains of what used to be Persia. Dispatch a team of heroes to investigate and try to retrieve any remaining feathers that may have been left in the nest; or any other treasures to be found there. Maximum of 4 heroes to a team
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero

-[][Adventure] Around the World Map
Cavin's research has uncovered clues leading to the potential resting place of the Mao Kun Map, a mystical document that uses Feng Shui and the Harmony of the Leylines to trace routes to various mystical treasures and places of power. Whoever has the Map right now may also have other valuables they can be relieved of as well! Maximum of 4 heroes to a team
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero

-[][Adventure] Armor of the Hair Apparent
Zummi has found reference to an artifact known as Babr-e Bayan. A suit of armor that is supposedly proof against fire, water, or weapon. As artifacts go, that's one that has a lot of potential to save lives during other excursions. Send out a party to uncover it's resting place.Maximum of 4 heroes to a team
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero
--[] Write-in which Hero

-[][Equipment] Elemental Blade
--[] Which Hero?

---
AN: So... yeah. It's been a long, long, long while coming. I appreciate everyone that's been willing to keep up with the quest, and that has continued to contribute to the world that I've somehow managed to kludge together. All of the omakes, theorizing, and contributions are the glue that's held it together while I was unable to write due to depression, financial issues, and attempting to claw my way out of a financial pit.

Given the length of time since this has updated, I imagine that people are going to need a while to pick the story back up, so I'm going to enforce a:

48 Hour Moratorium

Before votes will open up.

Last edited:
Working on a plan now, but whatever we do we need to do this

With all of the issues that are springing up that require a martial solution, Ahmed is looking at expanding his staff to better handle all of the moving pieces without letting anything fall between the cracks logistically or martially. Gain a second Martial Action.

Before we go to war with Lemuria. Either to double up on actions, or to help prevent backstabbing bullshit while we wage war.

So I'm new here in this quest but gotta ask what's are long term plan for China and Egypt cause they are gonna be important in geopolitics once they get there issues sorted out. And while yes slavery is super bad we really need to stop and change it but ramses is an effective monarch that can change his way if we give some incentives to change and not stoke his fears of failure.
And yes lord shen is villain who destroyed the pandas but he is kinda regular when compared to the irl Chinese emperors and he by far right now is probably the best candidate to re unify China cause while paranoid he's got the best weaponry and he has high credentials for being an emperor being that he was raised to be the next lord of gongmeng city. Maybe we can steer him away from his more violent tendencies and make him negotiate with the resistance and make peace with them help stop the huns. Though it's just speculation and thinking.

Also question @TempestK if I'm allowed what's the stats for Lord shen again and what are his hero's and what are his relevant territories.

Cost: 2,000 Gold, 500 Gold Upkeep per turn after
Definitely need the second action. Especially with a potential war with two different groups.
- [][Stewardship] Fresh Faces!
Sinbad will go through an exhaustive list of candidates from around Ababwa to pick out the best potential administrators and leaders to take over from the Commanders, allowing the army units stationed there to slowly stand down and return to Ababwa proper while the new local city guards are trained. Removes upkeep cost from Northern Satraps, makes them Protectorates of Ababwa. (Incompatible with "Hire Local" and "Setting Down Roots".)
Cost: 4,000 Gold
This would probably help. Get the region some administrators and reduces the strain on the military.
Nemo has extended an invitation to dine with him to Aladdin. While actually getting him to the Nautilus and back isn't as difficult as it could be, you'll still need to arrange things so that his schedule is completely clear during that time and then some to adjust for possible... complications.
A invitation to meet a friendly-ish leader.
-[][Intrigue]A Royal Meeting
With what you've found out about Lemuria, Aladdin has determined that if the Forty Thieves are to be brought on board as full-on mercenaries rather than just potentially hired on for acquisitions, then he intends to do so face-to-face with their leader. The stubborn boy refuses to budge on this, no matter what alternatives you and Iago have put forward. So you do as your Prince commands...
Cost: 1000 Gold
We have to do this. Some people might not know the lore reasons but we have to do this.
A stranger has arrived in Ababwa; a young man came stumbling off the desert to the west and into the city, accompanied by a flying eel of all things. He hasn't done anything suspicious beyond frequenting the bazaar, but is obsessed with finding magical trinkets. Haroud isn't sure if it's worth your time, but if nothing else the flying eel marks him as an oddity.
DC: ???
YIKES!!! We need to find him early before he can get anything started.
With the public reveal of the Gummi Bears, Zummi now feels comfortable enough to hire secondary scribes and assistants. While only he, Calla and Cavin, or the other Gummis are allowed to interact with the large tome that they brought with them when they'd first arrived in Ababwa, there's no need for quite so much secrecy anymore. Unlocks second Occult action.
Cost: Cost: 2,000 Gold, 500 Gold Upkeep per turn after
We could really use that second action.
So I'm new here in this quest but gotta ask what's are long term plan for China and Egypt cause they are gonna be important in geopolitics once they get there issues sorted out.
There basically aren't any long term plans for those areas. They are far enough away that they don't impact us much and we have other closer and more urgent issues.

We obviously want to do something with them if we could spare the actions but they are so far down the priority list that they might genuinely never happen.

It's back!! I actually read this before I had an account here, didn't think I would get to vote on it, so this is a nice surprise

so all the extra actions, plus I think this might be a good time to hire the 40 thieves to steal the gold. Also, don't forget to write to Jasmine.

I think we also need to finally pick an administrator for the northern territories. Would be good to get that squared away before we start a war

Huh ok fair but we are technically the Persian empire here now and the silk road was immensely important to persia and I want to recreate that with Ababwa and a reforged China would be great and Egypt is far closer and is gonna important to us cause of our allies in agrabah and the upcoming war with lemuria and the EITC could make them coup ramses and bring Egypt to the war against us and our allies. But I'm being paranoid but that's still a worry with how under developed Egypt is and If ramses becomes desperate maybe he do a bad deal with lemuria or EITC to save his kingdom.

Huh shen is doing good right now

[] Plan Drums and Guns, Haroo, Haroo (26000 Gold Cost)
-[][Martial] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Forging a Red Sword
--[] Apply Hub McCann
-[][Stewardship] (5000) A Helping Hand... or Foot.
-[][Stewardship] (2000) Expand housing district
-[][Diplomacy] (1500) Dining with a Lord
-[][Diplomacy] (2500) Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
-[][Intrigue] (500) The Dusty Young Man
-[][Intrigue] (3500) Plumbing the Depths
--[]Apply Garth McCann, Tai Lung, and Helga Sinclair
-[][Learning] (2000) Mastering Magic
--[][Jose Personal] I'm Old, not Dead
-[][Learning] (5000) He Ain't Heavy...
-[][Occult] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Nothing up my Sleeve
-[][Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
-[][Personal] Visit with Red and Angry
-[][Personal] Life's a Zoo
--[] Train specifically with the Sirrush
-[][Iago Personal]Scratching in the Walls...
-[][Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
--[]Spar with Tai Lung
-[][Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
-[][Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises

Okay, here's the first draft of the plan. Obviously as the name indicates, it's about building up the most critical logistics for war with Lemuria. Key points include:

---Forging a Red Sword with Helga assisting, because I want it to fucking work this time.
---Prosthetics and more housing for taking care of crippled soldiers and the probable refugees
---Hopefully securing an alliance with the Pirate King most willing to help us, and further securing our nearest neighbor against Lemurian influence
---Boosting the skill of our spies, and setting up the basic anti-Lemuria information network with the +48 Intrigue team of Garth and Hub. A bit of a risk with Hub being his honorable self, but the sort of risk that can pay off for us just as much as for them. EDIT: with Tai Lung added it becomes a +58, and more importantly puts our heaviest hitter in play in case things go wrong.
---Getting a handle on our magic population with Jose assisting, both to get them the training they need and to further guard against Lemurian bullshit.
---Funding a program for treating non-humans, both for just having a straight better medical standard and for offering an incentive to the more twisted members of Lemuria - especially the inevitable ones taken and twisted against their will
---Making our super cute baby dragon feel at home. Wook at his widdle beans!
---More Jasmine talk, working with our assistants so they feel more at home, and continuing the training of the Sirrush for war
---Getting a handle on what is either the first wave of Sir Rattigan's spies, or refugees from him that can help us
---Combat training for these two, and finally getting Selous to learn the language

EDIT: Changing Thieves in the Night into Dusty Young Man, and switched some people around accordingly. I had no idea who the fuck Mozenwrath is, and a bit of reading has convinced me he's enough of a threat, or potentially asset, to need dealing with now.

EDIT 2: we have a lot more money than I though we did from this most recent update, so I swapped in Nothing Up My Sleeve for the Dragon. Sorry little buddy, you grow slow and we need more action economy! I'll get to you next turn.

EDIT 3: Swapping some dudes around for better bonuses. In particular, the team of Garth + Tai Lung + Helga should get us a +66 bonus on their own, and having a Chi user on the team should make for additional opportunities.

Final edit to present my final plans and their explanation closer to the threadmark for easier reference.

Plan Drums and Guns, Haroo, Haroo
-[Martial] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Forging a Red Sword
--Apply Hub McCann
-[Stewardship] (5000) A Helping Hand... or Foot.
-[Stewardship] (2000) Expand Housing District
-[Diplomacy] (1500) Dining with a Lord
-[Diplomacy] (2500) Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
-[Intrigue] (500) The Dusty Young Man
-[Intrigue] (3500) Plumbing the Depths
--Apply Garth McCann, Tai Lung, and Helga Sinclair
-[Learning] (2000) Mastering Magic
--[Jose Personal] I'm Old, not Dead
-[Learning] (5000) He Ain't Heavy...
-[Occult] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Nothing up my Sleeve
-[Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
-[Personal] Visit with Red and Angry
-[Personal] Life's a Zoo
--Train specifically with the Sirrush
-[Iago Personal]Scratching in the Walls...
-[Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
--Spar with Tai Lung
-[Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
-[Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises

Final Cost - 26,000 Gold

---Forging a Red Sword with Hub assisting, because I want it to work this time.
---Prosthetics and more housing for taking care of crippled soldiers and the probable refugees, as well as more options for our soldiers when they retire
---Hopefully securing an alliance with the Pirate King most willing to help us, and further securing a major neighbor against Lemurian influence
---Getting a handle on what is probably one of the nastiest villains (and potential assets) in Aladdin canon (Some of us think it's Mozenwrath, look him up), and setting up the basic anti-Lemuria information network with the +66 Bonus team of Garth, Tai Lung, and Helga
---Getting a handle on our magic population with Jose assisting, both to get them the training they need and to further guard against Lemurian bullshit.
---Funding a program for treating non-humans, both for just having a straight better medical standard and for offering an incentive to the more twisted members of Lemuria - especially the inevitable ones taken and twisted against their will
---Getting that second action for Occult, hopefully it will have synergy with Dusty Young Man
---More Jasmine talk, working with our assistants so they feel more at home and hopefully give more bonuses, and continuing the training of the Sirrush for war
---Iago getting a handle on what is either the first wave of Sir Rattigan's spies, or refugees from him that can help us
---Combat training for these two, and finally getting Selous to learn the language

I'm not doing the options for the Satrapies with this plan, because there was a great big discussion about how neither Military nor Stewardship are inherently inferior and I would prefer to do the Setting Down Roots next turn. I'm cutting out the Diplomacy option because it's the most difficult, most expensive, and gives too many opportunities for malicious actors to insert themselves into our legal structure so they can screw us further.

Plan Drums and Guns, Satrapy Setup
-[Martial] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Forging a Red Sword
--Apply Hub McCann
-[Stewardship] (5000) A Helping Hand... or Foot.
-[Stewardship] (4000) Fresh Faces!
--Retain control of a ship-worthy settlement on the Mediterranean Coast as an Ababwan embassy town, otherwise continue Fresh Faces as described.
-[Diplomacy] (1500) Dining with a Lord
-[Diplomacy] (2500) Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
-[Intrigue] (500) The Dusty Young Man
-[Intrigue] (3500) Plumbing the Depths
--Apply Garth McCann, Tai Lung, and Helga Sinclair
-[Learning] (2000) Mastering Magic
--[Jose Personal] I'm Old, not Dead
-[Learning] (5000) He Ain't Heavy...
-[Occult] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Nothing up my Sleeve
-[Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
-[Personal] Visit with Red and Angry
-[Personal] Life's a Zoo
--Train specifically with the Sirrush
-[Iago Personal]Scratching in the Walls...
-[Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
--Spar with Tai Lung
-[Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
-[Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises

Final Cost - 28,000 Gold

Last edited:
We need 2 actions when moving into war.

- [][Stewardship] A Helping Hand... or Foot
- [][Stewardship] Fresh Faces
Gives us money influence, and stabilizes our lands

- [][Diplomacy] Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
Xiang-Wu are our closest allies and also close to Lemuria, we want to keep them out. And Nemo is useful in the seas, and we have a working relationship. Can't turn him down.

-[][Intrigue]Plumbing the Depths

These were hard, but we need to take down Lemuria and while I'd like to do a 40 Thieves action as well Mozenrath blowing up in our lands is the last thing we need.

- [][Learning] A Spoonful of Sugar..
- [][Learning] He Ain't Heavy..
- [][Learning] Renewal and Rejuvenation..

I think 2 of these maybe? Prep for war injuries and Lemuria is definitely cursing people.

More actions are never a bad thing. Especially when we have so many Occult actions.

- [][Personal] Correspond with Jasmin
- [][Personal] Visit with Red and Angr
- [][Personal] Life's a Zoo
Visit the Menagerie (pick out a mount and/or just stress relief). The Menagerie is a great place to relax and watch the animals just live their lives. The Sirrush has now gained its full growth and can be used as a mount in combat, but that still requires training. And wrangling the pride of a young dragon.
DC: 30
-- [] Train specifically with the Sirrush
Diplomacy DC: 40

Keep up with Jasmine is never a wrong answer.
We should know our assistants.
And best to train Young and prepare for the war too if necessary.

- [][Jose Personal] New Faces, Strange Places
– [] Haroud has set up Jose with a new roommate, one Eugene Fitzhubert. Take some time to get to know him.

Tangled hero unit.

- [][Tai Lung Personal] Training
--[] Adaptation Training: Removes temperature malus as Tai Lung trains himself to use the Breath of Life technique without needing to concentrate on it.

This just feels like something someone living in the desert should do?

- [][Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
War prep?

- [][Helga Personal] Lay of the Land
Kinda wanted to see Helga on the adventure, but maybe this would be for the best? She'll feel more at ease and if anything goes wrong in the city she'll be able to get around. If she feels more secure she'll get closer to opening up right?

-[][Adventure] On a Wing and a Prayer
--[] Selous
--[] Cavin
--[]Hub McCann
--[]Garth McCann
-[][Equipment] Elemental Blade
--[] Cavin

I Just really want an adventure, and this one is perfect for Selous(even though he really shouldstudy Arabian). Cavin can prove himself on an adventure. And we can send Hub and Garth McCann too since they have no personals. Guys' hunting trip!

So I'm new here in this quest but gotta ask what's are long term plan for China and Egypt cause they are gonna be important in geopolitics once they get there issues sorted out. And while yes slavery is super bad we really need to stop and change it but ramses is an effective monarch that can change his way if we give some incentives to change and not stoke his fears of failure.
Given that it's a three-way war at the moment and anything Shen can offer we either have already via Tai Lung or via Selous (since there's an action to have him make us bullets) some of us are planning to make contact with the Resistance and prop them up as another Hero faction.

Egypt has too much crazy shit going on right now to decide without talking to Ramses and getting the lay of the land. I'm hopeful that Moses (from the Prince of Egypt movie) is hanging around somewhere, and we can hook up with him.

EDIT: While I'm here, @TempestK I can't remember right now: What were the terms of the deal the King and his 40 Thieves were offering us for hiring their services?

Last edited:
Given that it's a three-way war at the moment and anything Shen can offer we either have already via Tai Lung or via Selous (since there's an action to have him make us bullets) some of us are planning to make contact with the Resistance and prop them up as another Hero faction.

Egypt has too much crazy shit going on right now to decide without talking to Ramses and getting the lay of the land. I'm hopeful that Moses (from the Prince of Egypt movie) is hanging around somewhere, and we can hook up with him.

EDIT: While I'm here, @TempestK I can't remember right now: What were the terms of the deal the King and his 40 Thieves were offering us for hiring their services?

Moses is not here, as Chernabog doesn't want any powerful holy people around, they are his weakness. So, when Chaos bought Egypt over, to keep with the theme, Moses was not in Egypt at the time.

Back