Prince Aladdin Quest (Disney Villains *Almost* Victorious)

The best solution is for Aladdin and Jasmine to just start with twins! XD

Will it be like a Persephone situation? Jasmine lives in Ababwa for a few months then moves back to Agrabah?

The entire court could move back and forth.

EDIT: Though that's a bit more likely in a royal union situation, or if communications improve markedly. Say, if we get a telegraph line set up between Ababwa and Agrabah, which isn't completely out of the question.

The entire court could move back and forth.

EDIT: Though that's a bit more likely in a royal union situation, or if communications improve markedly. Say, if we get a telegraph line set up between Ababwa and Agrabah, which isn't completely out of the question.

Or just build a building housing the Royal Court of both Nations right on the border^^

...do Agrabah and Ababwah even border each other?

A big problem with travel is that it can very dangerous and stressful for babies. I'd think that they would probably stay with Jasmine for a couple of years until they are old enough to walk around and talk. Aladdin can be the one to visit them since he does have a magic carpet.

Moriarty's network makes him a beast in territory he controls. Outside of it, his bonuses degrade accordingly. For example, it gives him +60 Intrigue, +10 for each branch of government he controls, +20 to all other checks, but outside of France he only rolls +10 Intrigue from the network. And that is only with his immediate neighbors or places he has consciously infiltrated. Outside of that, his bonuses dwindle to almost nil.

I got the idea from The Final Problem. Moriarty was unstoppable in Great Britain; to defeat him, Holmes had to lure him to Switzerland, where his network was non-existant.
I think the bloat is still a bit unreasonable.

Moriarty was "unstoppable" in Victorian England because Sherlock Holmes, for all his mastery of many things, was a single (mostly) law-abiding man up against the leader of an organized crime empire. Being able to secure that kind of invincible Intrigue advantage over an entire country and use it for national-scale actions, on top of an already toweringly high Intrigue score, takes things to the point of absurdity.

Seriously, under your current stat rules, what is Moriarty's actual bonus for, say, a defensive Intrigue action to prevent spies from infiltrating the port of Marseilles? A city he may never have actually visited in person, and which is hundreds of miles away by horse courier from the center of his power?

This character is already extremely powerful in Intrigue contests; giving him "double-win" mechanics on top of that, even if only on his home territory (which is extremely large and rich) just seems unreasonable.

Where exactly is Agrabah the city supposed to lies now again?

It's supposed to be on the coast. Interestingly enough Agrabah doesn't own the main port in Persia, that being Hormuz which is under Lemurian control. I guess it'd be somewhere in Khuzestan, so pretty far to the west? I actually think that makes more sense than a farther east capitol, because Ababwa has a very Arab aesthetic and it's said to speak Arabic.

Side note, the Hormuz port would be a great thing to conquer in the Lemurian war.

Almost, they are seperated by The Fertile Crescent.

What country is that supposed to be, anyway? Who rules it? Or is it just decentralized Arab tribes?

This character is already extremely powerful in Intrigue contests; giving him "double-win" mechanics on top of that, even if only on his home territory (which is extremely large and rich) just seems unreasonable.
I didn't "give it" to him; he earned it over a dozen omakes, a coup, and almost two years of real-time writing. I've never hidden his stats or abilities; to balk at this point feels like...I don't have an analogy that works in my head, so I'll just say it's coming rather late in the game.

You know, I've been thinking:

With the introduction of Prince of Egypt's Egypt into the World..and clearly the Hebrews got re-enslaved..wouldn't that mean God actually went along with them?

For all we know, the reason the Outsider Beings in space have been silent or their power's starting to decrease is because a certain Divine Being wasn't happy with Moses' failure..and may seek the help of believers that call him a different name to get revenge against the Egyptians.

because the process of driving the Company out of the Indian Ocean when its main base of operations is Colombo
In regards to the EITC, they're currently based in Sri Lanka.

As to the whole thing with how Aladdin and Jasmine would handle things in regards to place of residence, they'd do somewhat like the royalty of France and have both a "summer" and "winter" residence. With Carpet available it means if there's an emergency they can get to the other capital with minimal time lost.

I'd suggest wintering in Agrabah then. Feel like it's definitely hotter there than in Ababwa in the Summer.

Last edited:
You know, I know it is not a part of this quest, but my heart can't help but wish for Swamp King Shrek and his Fantasy Kingdom to have been a thing.

Shrek doesn't want to be King, but was made King anyway.

A Cat, a Wolf and a Chicken
A Cat, a Wolf and a Chicken

Out on the isles of the Pacific, a wolf watches a chicken. It has been 6 days since the wolf started to watch the chicken, and in that time, not one item that could be considered food has been consumed by the bird. It is only a matter of time before….

"Say, what ya doing?"

The wolf starts as the winged blue cat appears besides him, the chicken just continuing to peck at the stone of the small island it found itself on. A quick glance and the wolf turn his gaze back towards the castaway.

"Ah el Desorden. Just catching up on some long overdue work. The chicken really should have died years ago."
"Not like you put things off, or is this having the fear build up you like? Not that I'm complaining about you mixing things up. Psychopomps tends to be all the same, so a changeover is great!"

The wolf sighs, letting the cat ramble. Its not like both of them are just here after all, just having to focus a bit here to finally make sure the Pollo dies and not somehow continue to stay alive.

"Though, while you are doing things a bit different, it's still just the same old, same old. So, let's give that a bit of a changeover."

"What! No, you can't do that!"

The wolf tries to take a swing with a sickle at the bird, hoping to kill him before one of the few beings that could change the rules acts but chains from nowhere hold the blade back. The chicken continues his attempts at eating, the idea of death was mere inches from it not able to cross his mind. The cat glares at the wolf, face gone dark completely ignoring the sunlight reflecting off the waves.

"Did you give me orders? Well, you know quite well what I feel about orders."

After a moment, the chains fades into a set of flowers to drift on the waves with a loud bang sound. The sound startles the chicken who surprisingly takes to the air, glowing blue pattens extending from his wings as he flies. The wolf turns to face Chaos face downfallen.

"Did you really have to make the chicken immortal?"

"Ah Lobo, I didn't make Heihei immortal, he already was, or the next best thing to it. I just made that clear to everyone. Maybe one day I will see about putting an idea in his head, though that might be a real workout."

Martial: 1 Heihei is a thin and scrawny chicken, they are not much of a fighter.

Stewardship: 1 Heihei is a chicken, you expect a chicken to know anything about owning things?

Diplomacy: 4 Is surprising easy to start to care about, after some time.

Intrigue: 5 Small and can be surprising stealthy, but deceiving people, not happening.

Learning: -50 Heihei is, without question, the most stupid creature on the planet.

Occult: 0+25(25) Before the change, Heihei was just a chicken. Now as something that could be called an ocean phoenix, immersive power flows though his veins. Shame he's too stupid to do much with it.

Traits:
"Lacks the basic intelligence required for, pretty much, everything." – Heihei is so stupid, that even the idea of eating is almost beyond him. There are rocks, trees, tables smarter than Heihei, even the non-enchanted ones. As such, nearly every check made will have a -25 to it, barring those which require no form of intelligence at all.

"Too Dumb to Die" -Call it a twist of fate, a divine joke, an overflow glitch in reality, but Heihei just doesn't die, even when it seems impossible for him to do so. When Heihei needs to avoid death, add +100 to the roll. This only applies to the dying part.

Last edited:
Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by TempestK on Apr 15, 2024 at 10:38 PM, finished with 132 posts and 15 votes.

[X] Plan Drums and Guns, Satrapy Setup
    -[X][Martial] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Forging a Red Sword
    --[X] Apply Hub McCann
    -[X][Stewardship] (5000) A Helping Hand... or Foot.
    -[X][Stewardship] (4000) Fresh Faces!
    -[X][Diplomacy] (1500) Dining with a Lord
    -[X][Diplomacy] (2500) Establish a Diplomatic Embassy in Xiang-Wu
    -[X][Intrigue] (500) The Dusty Young Man
    -[X][Intrigue] (3500) Plumbing the Depths
    --[X]Apply Garth McCann, Tai Lung, and Helga Sinclair
    -[X][Learning] (2000) Mastering Magic
    --[X][Jose Personal] I'm Old, not Dead
    -[X][Learning] (5000) He Ain't Heavy...
    -[X][Occult] (2000, 500 Upkeep) Nothing up my Sleeve
    -[X][Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
    -[X][Personal] Visit with Red and Angry
    -[X][Personal] Life's a Zoo
    --[X] Train specifically with the Sirrush
    -[X][Iago Personal]Scratching in the Walls...
    -[X][Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
    --[X]Spar with Tai Lung
    -[X][Calla Personal] Wood and Steel
    -[X][Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises
    [X] Plan: A Roc and a Hard Place
    --[X] Apply Hub McCann
    -[X][Stewardship] (4000) Fresh Faces!
    --[X]Apply Garth McCann
    - [x][Tai Lung Personal] Training
    --[x] Adaptation Training: Removes temperature malus as Tai Lung trains himself to use the Breath of Life technique without needing to concentrate on it.
    --[X][Adventure] On a Wing and a Prayer
    -[x] Selous
    -[x] Cavin
    -[x] Helga Sinclair
    -[x][Equipment] Elemental Blade: Cavin
    [X] Plan Drums and Guns, Haroo, Haroo
    --[X] Apply Hub McCann
    -[X][Stewardship] (2000) Expand housing district
    --[X]Apply Garth McCann, Tai Lung, and Helga Sinclair
    -[X][Cavin Personal] Sword and Board
    --[X]Spar with Tai Lung
    -[X][Selous Personal] Linguistic Exercises
    [X] Rally the survivors
    [X] Keeping House
    [X] Clearing House
    [X] A New Direction
    [X] Make Peace with the Mirror Kingdoms
    [X] Extracting an irritant
    [X] An Honest Fool?
    [X] Purge the Theology School
    [X] Cleanse Notre Dame
    [X] There's Something About Esmerelda…
    [X] Observe the Stars
    [X] Help the Pontiff (free action)

You know, I've been thinking:

With the introduction of Prince of Egypt's Egypt into the World..and clearly the Hebrews got re-enslaved..wouldn't that mean God actually went along with them?

For all we know, the reason the Outsider Beings in space have been silent or their power's starting to decrease is because a certain Divine Being wasn't happy with Moses' failure..and may seek the help of believers that call him a different name to get revenge against the Egyptians.
That'd certainly be interesting. Though I'm not sure Tempest's changed their mind regarding God being present except through blessing believers.

Though the Abrahamic religion would be thrown for a loop that Exodus Era Egypt is part of the Upheavap and Moses failed.

Speaking of God.

I absolutely l absolutely love the recent side stories. Though @mangawriter77 and @TirelessTraveler 's are my favorite. Elsa deciding to take her grudge to Satan is awesome lol, and Esmeralda being in Elysium is at least a balm to the bad end she got

Speculation, inspired by an omake I seem to remember seeing:

Much as it would be quite conceivable for a 'bad end' to The Emperor's New Groove to be for Emperor Kuzco to involve Kuzco regaining his throne and being de-llama-fied, only to go back to his narcissistic ways and have learned nothing...

A 'bad end' to The Prince of Egypt might involve Moses having abandoned his destiny, or his people still being enslaved for some other reason more complicated than "he got beaten up for trying." Or "they escaped, but..."

While a lot of the movies that went into this setting involve heroes uncomplicatedly losing, there are exceptions. Aladdin's story involves Jafar still taking a pounding and being driven off, Aladdin getting to live as a prince of a new kingdom, and while his relationship with Jasmine took a big step backwards, it hasn't been truly lost to him. Elsa's negaverse story involves the bad guy being driven off (to gain power elsewhere and take revenge perhaps) and her sister being frozen (but in a way that's reversed after some adventures a few years later), but Elsa herself is in control and able to build her own kingdom. In Atlantis: The Lost Empire, it's clear that some of the characters came to bad ends, but Atlantis itself survived more or less intact-ish.

For all I know, the Egypt we could have in The Prince of Egypt could quite simply be one where Moses reached the Red Sea and parted it, the Pharaoh took one look at the prospects of leading his army down into the middle of the water after all the other paranormal shenanigans that he's experienced and went "nope nope NOPE" and went home, and now he's rebuilding the kingdom and Moses' people are still wandering the Sinai.

Last edited:
For all I know, the Egypt we could have in The Prince of Egypt could quite simply be one where Moses reached the Red Sea and parted it, the Pharaoh took one look at the prospects of leading his army down into the middle of the water after all the other paranormal shenanigans that he's experienced and went "nope nope NOPE" and went home, and now he's rebuilding the kingdom and Moses' people are still wandering the Sinai.
That would be a preferable outcome, if only so Moses doesn't get his story completely butchered.
Plus, in this new world: if word got out that someone slew MOSES of all people, a lot of Nations would be considering war with Egypt: Moses's death and his people's death would be the metaphorical straw that breaks the camel's back.

Even the Olympians know that the are second fiddle to some other Pantheons/Religions, so if anything they would try to keep Moses out of harm's way. If only so Ymwah (Hebrew God) dorsn't smite them for not helping.

TLDR: it's in everyone's best interest that Moses lives.

@Simon_Jester, as thanks for giving me an out that avoids a hugely problematic issue within the universe that I was honestly still grappling with, I'm offering you a choice of three rewards.

Reward 1: A flat +10 bonus to be added to a roll of your choice, including a Rival Report roll.

Reward 2: a +1 stat increase to one hero of your choice.

Reward 3: I'll answer 1 question about the setting and story, though I reserve the right to veto the question if it involves too many spoilers or otherwise may reveal too much.

Sierra's Sights
Sierra's Sights​

(Kit Carson POV)

It's been another day hasn't it? He thought wearily to himself as he looked into the embers of his fire. He'd long considered the embers of his fire to be a good enough clock to rise and shine over any of those fancy watches and clocks they had in the cities.

Of course, it was mostly habit and routine that kept him in as good of spirit and sane in the long two years since "The Upheaval" had given the whole world a right knock in the face, and he wasn't talking about a fun night with the boys after a long hunt; he was talking about a big and scary brawl you'd find when a man who was bigger and meaner than you; and hit a hell of a lot harder than you.

That was a reality after the Upheaval, and nothing seemingly changed for the mountain man except a stranger bit of news and the nicer-looking cities out on the coast.

More things changed, however, the more they seemingly stayed the same.

They still had work that needed to be done though, information and news needed to get to the far-flung outposts of the west, goods needed to be protected and people moved…but the strangest part of it all was the "Aurora."

Oh how he wished to understand the insanity of the aurora but even with his skills it was naught but a buck he could only see and not take.

A bit north past the Oregon territory give or take a few dozen miles was when the northern lights began and a world of madness, change, and magic, the likes of which could have only been heard of in storybooks and old legends.

Men changed into beasts, their minds failed them and they fell into a kind of primal nature, a kind that could only be seen in the darkest singular moments of history…their weapons fail, their traps and tools fade to dust and all that is left…were the carrion birds and beasts to feast upon them.

Kit shook his head. Only one expedition to the land of the Aurora was needed to shake that feeling of certainty; that semblance of control and confidence that he'd gained from experience and a long and difficult life. One didn't live as a mountain man without being hard enough to endure the hardships but even then Carson was but a man and even a man as tough as him had limits.

The Aurora had proven his limits that no matter how good he was; how skilled or experienced he had gained there was always something better, and nature had its laugh at him.

Nature always has the last laugh, with how one decays…shrivels and dies as the natural order of life demands…its what one does between that moment of death that makes the mark of a man.

He then smiled as the great prize was ahead of him, far above the world, raining flame and death upon the valley below.

The Firebird.

An unstoppable, unkillable force of destruction and nature's wrath…his query, they were paying to keep an eye on it, see where it was going, and warn them if it was getting close so they could pack up and outrun the fires.

It was a hard job, fraught with danger and the threat of being burned alive on top of whatever else he did to pay the bills, be it delivering messages to moving things to the rivers and cities to sell.

Kit looked through his binoculars and checked his mental map of the area, it was moving east…good no one was coming in that pass.

Best not to push my luck.

Back to camp, then back to the fort…they were lucky it wasn't coming to them this month.

------------------------------

Kit looked at the fort he was going to be staying at and smiled. Fort Miller had been good to him, and his work in the Sierra Nevada

"Afternoon Kit, came in slow today? That means we ain't in the path?" The sergeant who was overseeing the gate said as Kit took a look around and half smiled.

"For now you are not. Thank god, but you are still probably in danger of the fires that will spread in its wake, so we ain't out of the woods yet."

"Thanks, Mr, Carson, I'll make sure the commandant knows before you leave." He said handing Kit over a few dollars.

With that, he entered the lodging he had prepared before he had left to go watching the Firebird and its flight down the mountains.

Carson entered his room with little fanfare as he looked at the wall and sighed. "It's getting harder to track, your losing your edge Kit…sooner or later you are gonna burn."

It was getting harder to do what he needed to do, at times he nearly forgot to tell the base officer or the peace officer about where it was going at times. You had some close calls but he wasn't as worn down as he were now.

It was getting harder to keep track the Firebird, and Kit didn't have the luxury of always having a man who could read or write with you to write down where it was from time to time and you didn't always remember well if things got exciting or terrifying.

You've hindered yourself again and again with your stubbornness Kit, life won't be fair once you finally drop the ball. It doesn't matter how you live or deal with the terrain or the bears or danger…it won't matter if you can't remember a damn thing if it gets too hairy out there, writing helps remember.

It was getting more dangerous out there, between the gold miners, bandits and more all fighting over what they think is theirs, it ain't as quiet as it used to be up on those mountains.

The real question is, can I afford it? School's a big investment I never got for a reason.

It was something to consider. Kit may be skilled in nearly all practical ways of living; but even so, an edge needed to be sharpened if he was to see the next year, he needed to smarter not just quicker.

A real man can admit when he needs to stop and change; that's not cowardice it's wisdom. Some things ain't worth leaving to chance, not in this line of work not with all the risks and danger that could come from a slip-up.

Kit ended his internal musings and sighed. "Guess we're going off the mountain this time, I hope that the cities ain't to different from the last time I was there."

It was time get going again, like he always did with a strong payday, settle all the affairs and get on with his goals, that was always the plan.

Plans change all the time that's life, but he only hopes he's able to get a handle on this part of himself he had let fall to the wayside.

He saw it as just another mountain to climb, just like always.

The one thing I don't mind seeing is that beautiful coastal sunset.

He smiled and let himself drift off to a peaceful sleep, dreaming of sunrises on a clear day, and the terrifying beauty of a bird in the shape of fire.

Christopher "Kit" Houston Carson

Martial: 18 ( Kit Carson is an experienced Hunter, and scout, he's been in many fights in his life and won many.)

Stewardship:13 (He is skilled in resource management and surprisingly is rather frugal with his money)

Diplomacy:12 (Despite his lack of formal education, Kit Carson is a well-traveled Polyglot skilled in several languages that gives him the edge.)

Intrigue:15 (A Capible Hunter, Army Scout, and Tracker, he has a reputation of being good at most tasks related to it.)

Learning:2 (Carson is functionally illiterate, having only learned how to write his name and that is it.)

Occult: 8 (He has heard many bizarre and unusual things in his life. As is his belief in a Higher Power as a Freemason demands. Making a Career out of watching out for the Firebird is another mark to his beliefs )

Traits:

"Man of the Frontier"- Kit Carson is an American Frontiersman, Fur Trader, Explorer, and Hunter, and is skilled in all the trades that a man of his character would be as well as being quite…a man of strength. (Kit gains a +15 to all rolls related to hunting skinning and preserving animals, +5 to overland travel rolls. +10 to all stewardship rolls related to fur trading and selling pelts. He also can use his Intrigue in place of his Learning using his practical experience to problem solve.)

"Advanced Polyglot"- Kit Carson can Speak, English, Spanish, Navajo, Apache, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Paiute, Shoshone, and Ute, and Plains Indian Sign Language. (He suffers no maluses while communicating in these languages.)

"The Firebird in the Sky!": You had seen the Great Firebird across the Sierra Nevada, setting animals, trees, and people alight in a great wall of flame, you had seen the horror of the fire, and now…you work near tirelessly to make sure the flames of the FIREBIRD do not claim another innocent life. (Kit has made it his life mission to study and or destroy the Firebird, in his study he has learned much about his foe, in terms of study gains a +10 to all rolls related to its migration patterns and behavior, he also gains a +15 to all diplomacy rolls when warning them of the firebird in the area, and a +5 to any attempts to hunt it.)

AN: Thank you dice gods for helping me decide who to write about this day! This time another North America one.

Now Kit Carson tracking the Firebird while living in California while continuing to be a Mountain Man and hunter, while also realizing he needs to learn how to read in order to keep doing so effectively was not how I expected this Omake to develop.

Yet it somehow managed to make sense.

Enjoy.

I forgot -- did I get any points or anything from my "Facing Death" omake? If so, I would like to put them into "Weilding a Red Sword", if permitted.

Back