Well, that could have gone so much worse.

[x][Agenda] Plan Cornuthaum 1808
-[x][Agenda] Start Constitutional Convention - 4 PW Invested (will have PW invested to make decisions during Convention phase, can spend additional PW reserved for the turn)
-[x][Agenda] Claim Kyberi Territory - 0 PW, -1 Temp IC, +2 Max Development, increases required Transport Infrastructure to remove Undeveloped Hinterlands status (Note: 0 PW the first time it is used in a turn)
-[x][Agenda] Military Reform - 2 PW, -2 Temp Armies, EITHER accelerate military research for next doctrinal set OR implement doctrine)

1.) Start the Constitutional Convention. This is non-negotiable and urgently necessary. Bank 3 PW for modifying the constitution so it is good for goign forward.
2.) Claim territory 'cos otherwise the Nohon will do it.
3.) Diplomacy needs to go towards building the Third Coalition against First Citizen von Hohozyn and the Tortun Republic because he's licking his wounds as much as we are and he will cream us if all Europe (and us) don't band together to smush him. He knows it, we know it, and we have the diplomatic reach to make sure the next time this happens we will sign a constituional amendment in the Rathaus of whatever city von Hohozyn rules from.
Dropped SoL with currently elevated Consciousness would bomb us into another flashpoint right away.

Instead:
3.) Military Reform - this is both necessary, as the war showed us, as well as the fact that it will please the ruling faction, recouping PW.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like you guys picked the best out of several bad decisions. They would have won regardless, but at least this way, the damage was limited.

You need at least as much current IC as you are expending in order to do Develop. You are limited to 1 this turn unless you Raise Taxes at the same time to generate temporary IC for the process.

EDIT: If you don't want to crash SoL, you can also simultaneously cut education spending to free up funds in the budget while avoiding having to raise taxes.
I think the question is, can we develop Industry and take a project that cost one industry?
3.) Diplomacy needs to go towards building the Third Coalition against First Citizen von Hohozyn and the Tortun Republic because he's licking his wounds as much as we are and he will cream us if all Europe (and us) don't band together to smush him. He knows it, we know it, and we have the diplomatic reach to make sure the next time this happens we will sign a constituional amendment in the Rathaus of whatever city von Hohozyn rules from.
Might I suggest putting in an extra point in this?

We are currently at 9. Getting to 10 Diplomacy means that increasing Espionage no longer costs permenant stats

Build Espionage Network - 1 PW: -1 Temp Trust, +2 Temp Espionage
2 PW: -1 Trust, +1 Espionage
2 PW + >10 Trust: +1 Espionage, -3 Temp Espionage

[X][Agenda] Plan: Its Not Over, Just Halftime!
-[X][Agenda] Claim Kyberi Territory
-[X][Agenda] Start Constitutional Convention
-[X][Agenda] Military Reform
-[X][Agenda] Develop Industry

Spends 7 PW, but 4 of it will be invested into the midturn so will have 5 PW to spend at the convention while getting the military reforms we need started while we are in a reform mood.
Also started rebuilding our IC while taking the free bite of Kyberia.

@Academia Nut If we just do the Constitutional Convention by investing 4 PW into the action and banking the rest of our PW, with 8 PW can we get the Result we want out of it by spending like mad? I.E take all the expensive but necessary ones so we don't have to pick and choose which is more important?

Last edited:
This war achieved our secondary goals, which were to show our people that their military was becoming outdated and it was time to reform. Seriously don't view this as a failure and get disheartened.

Last edited:
Might I suggest putting in an extra point in this?
I really, really want to bank 3 PW for the constitution because it is going to be the second-most important thing we do in the first half of the 19th century - the other will be the breaking of the guilds. We absolutely 100% need to get the constitution right and shaped so we can progress forward, particularly because it will allow us to strip a lot of the royal charter protections away from the guilds and as such limit their ability to throw tantrums once we start to smother them with a pillow.

Ultimately, yes, a 2PW trust action would be better but while we need to start to organize the Third Coalition, the Constituion is hands down the biggest thing in the room.

Switching since there was mention of olive branches by the Hex, so diplomacy is pretty mandatory right now to secure their support.

@Cornuthaum any room for 1 develop industry?
It's either diplomacy (make sure there's a big damn coalition that not even First Citizen von Hohozyn can outfight, like what historically happened with Napoleon) or developing industry (making sure we have a better springboard for industrialization post-guilds).

Given the immediate necessity of dealing with the Pubbies, I choose diplomacy.

And that leaves us with.
- 1 pw for diplomacy
- 4 pw for the base-line constitutional convention
- 3 pw banked for modifying the constitution so it is *good* as we go forward.

I fully expect we will get midturn PW... after we deal with the Constitution, because political reform generates political will. But getting it after the constitution does us no good ofr creating it in the first place.

Eh, the only iffy thing that I am against is the fact that we're doing a Diplo Outreach, but sure, this is workable.

Back