Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

If anyone would care to form some additional questions for Michael Caseys debrief.

Besides the obvious ones I will now answer.

Where is Bracer?

NorthWest of Harleyville S.C., ARGO USA cement plant, At first hid nonfunctional jaeger mostly beneath the surface of local quarry pond, but once cultists were encountered they intentionally collapsed a waters edge building on Bracer to hide the Jaeger from Dagonites and then powered it down completely, (At the time he was suffering severe ongoing, borderline disfunction).

Where/how are the other pilots?

Pilots are living close by (but not too close) to keep an eye on Bracer. When Savannah's (fame/infamy) grew sufficiently for word to reach them a single pilot will attempt a trek to Savannah. Iceman.

Marshal Jeannette Deveraux (Angel) is still suffering emotional trauma from a 'nasty encounter' when caught alone by a raider band. She was rescued after 2 days in raider hands, Iceman & Hunter left little of her captors.

Ian St. John (Hunter) has the most calming influence when she has a momentary relapse (raiders come to close...) and remains behind to safeguard her and Bracer. (Scoped & silenced sniper rifle)

What intel on Charleston does Michael posses?

Additional info re: Charleston mod/augments known by Iceman
(Comms)'Radio: Air Charleston' 24 hour (de)motivational & indoctrination 'Tokyo Rose Style' Broadcasting
(Research)Unethical Research Center - Human/Kaiju/(Others) testing in the tradition of Josef Mengele, & Shiro Ishii, unfettered scientific inquiry without any moral or ethical boundaries.

Last edited:
Event:

Possible home invasion and family abduction.

2 Adams Point Crossing, Savannah Ga.

This sizeable mansion, home of one of Savannah new affluent families (the Powells)who possessed an armed private security detail, with guard dogs and a state of art personal shelter are mysteriously missing.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Powell were trade agents specializing in the acquisition and local sale of commodities obtained from the Atlanta/Savannah commodity exchange.

The Mansion was found devoid of any sign of the security detail ( 6 men and 3 dogs), the Powells, and their three children, although foul play is suspected, no physical evidence exists other than a 5 minute gap in CCTV footage. No shots heard by neighbors, no blood, and no signs of struggle.

If anyone would care to form some additional questions for Michael Caseys debrief.

Where is Bracer?

NorthWest of Harleyville S.C., ARGO USA cement plant, At first hid nonfunctional jaeger mostly beneath the surface of local quarry pond, but once cultists were encountered they intentionally collapsed a waters edge building on Bracer to hide the Jaeger from Dagonites and then powered it down completely, (At the time he was suffering severe ongoing, borderline disfunction).

Pilots are living close by (but not too close) to keep an eye on Bracer. When Savannah's (fame/infamy) grew sufficiently for word to reach them a single pilot will attempt a trek to Savannah. Iceman.

Marshal Jeannette Deveraux (Angel) is still suffering emotional trauma from a 'nasty encounter' when caught alone by a raider band. She was rescued after 2 days in raider hands, Iceman & Hunter left little of her captors.

Ian St. John (Hunter) has the most calming influence when she has a momentary relapse (raiders come to close...) and remains behind to safeguard her and Bracer. (Scoped & silenced sniper rifle)

(Comms)'Radio: Air Charleston' 24 hour (de)motivational & indoctrination 'Tokyo Rose Style' Broadcasting
(Research)Unethical Research Center - Human/Kaiju/(Others) testing in the tradition of Josef Mengele, & Shiro Ishii, unfettered scientific inquiry without any moral or ethical boundaries.
I can't think of any questions right now, and I'll try to come up with them later. Anyway, I think an operation to rescue both the pilots and the Jaeger should be conducted posthaste.

Event:

This sizeable mansion, home of one of Savannah new affluent families (the Powells)who possessed an armed private security detail, with guard dogs and a state of art personal shelter are mysteriously missing.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Powell were trade agents specializing in the acquisition and local sale of commodities obtained from the Atlanta/Savannah commodity exchange.

The Mansion was found devoid of any sign of the security detail ( 6 men and 3 dogs), the Powells, and their three children, although foul play is suspected, no physical evidence exists other than a 5 minute gap in CCTV footage. No shots heard by neighbors, no blood, and no signs of struggle.
That's concerning and disturbing, and definitely something we should investigate. My magical senses are tingling.
"Boss, I'm the one with magical senses."
Then what's this tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach, Glass?
"Your stomach's probably rebelling because you keep drinking that black brew you call coffee."
I'll have you know that's genuine Navy Coffee.
"I guess that explains why you always add a pinch of salt."

Where is Bracer?

Admiral Nixeu looks over the man standing in front of him. "You said what you need to? Good. Now get your ass to Medical, and, if they're willing to give you a good enough bill of health that they don't keep you there, get yourself around a meal, and into a damn bunk. I figured you would object to doing that before saying your piece. You've said it. Now go take care of yourself. Anything else can wait until you look and, I presume, feel less like death warmed over. Unless any of my fellow Councilors object?"

(I'm assuming he hasn't really gotten any bunk time or medical care yet, anyway. If he has, ignore my comments.)
Event:

"...Yeah, that's going to Councilor Highwind. That almost certainly involved magic."

(I'm assuming he hasn't really gotten any bunk time or medical care yet, anyway. If he has, ignore my comments.)

He had not; it seems to be a defining trait that Iceman values his own health and well being a distant second with punishing those he sees as responsible for the suffering of innocents. (Be it, Kaiju, mist creature, or deluded cultist, the innocent -will be- avenged.)

Savannah's battle has consisted of multiple waves, and most of these troops have been in multiple battles before that. 9's & 10's work for these rolls. QM invokes right to go nucking futs.

New Elite Candidates -
1x AK Patrol Torpedo
1x T-95 AK Artillery
1x USS Georgia
1x M270 MLRS
1x SPLL
1x AKP's
1x Jumphawk

These need names and something visually distinctive to show their Elite status. (Georgia merely needs a kick ass graphic.)

-----------

Resupply STILL needs its roll please...
(OOC) I arbitrarily decided on the Georgia after all it survived an off camera battle with a Cat-1 Kaiju.
RIGHT.

Dibs on the AKP, Councilor Knight knows it's high time he got started on that unit of his.

The Silver Paladins

This unit is built off of the hardened survivors of one of Savannah's most recent, and brutal, battles, as well as individuals from other units with both the skills and the mindset to match them. They are a unit whose identity is only beginning to take shape, but whose destiny holds enormous potential. For while all the forces of Savannah, be they Jaeger, Ground, Sea, or Air, are vital to her defense, these men and women shall be charged with defending them from the darkest, most depraved threats from within and without. Cultists and the terrible things they do and call up are some of their primary targets. At least when not engaged in the general defense of the city.

The Paladins wear BDUs woven with silver-sheened thread, armor that has highly-polished external plates, and Combat Jackets that have been polished and, in places, even chromed. In addition to bearing the unit logo on their left breastplates, their Jackets and armor each bear a multitude of symbols designed to repel the likes of the Mist-dwellers. The more protective/repellent iterations of Elder signs, other generic warding symbols, as well as symbols connected to the belief and faith of each member of the Paladins. Councilor Knight made it clear from early on that this Unit would take any faith-member, so long as they were committed. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hebrew, Shinto, and more besides fight side-by-side, their armor set to repel any beings that would dare stand against them and threaten their minds and souls.

The Paladins try not to lock themselves into strict weaponry loadouts, preferring to adjust on the fly. However, the growing trend is to leave at least one of their actual hands free from projectile weapons to instead wield a melee weapon of some kind or another. Right now, these are often simply improvised, scavenged, or antique pieces, but there's talk of Councilor Knight attempting to get them some high-quality gear that will let them, perhaps, even wound a Kaiju-scale opponent in melee...

Okay, I think I have a decent idea for the Elite PT Boat. It hasn't really come up yet, but we'll probably need to figure out an appropriate new suffix, as "United States' Ship" (USS) doesn't really work at this point. PODCS isn't quite true either, since we're basically a polity of our own, now. I'm leaning towards "Savannah Naval Ship", or SNS. But I'm willing to accept feedback on that.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards marine animal-based names for our PT Boat elites. I'm thinking the SNS Black Marlin, named for the fish species with the highest swim speed, might be a good place to start. The patch would be a stylized version of the animal, with the ship itself showing similar coloration to the animal: black on top, white on the bottom.

As for an Elite Perk, I'd give them increased basic mobility, as well as maybe some jury-rigged boosters of some sort, for short bursts of speed. Seems like a unique perk compared to our Elite units so far, as well as a useful one, as any ship that can better maneuver has a pretty big advantage, in my experience.

I was tempted to name it after a privateer and mount a cannon, or something stealthy, to not-so-subtly reference the origins of some my captains (smugglers), but felt like the cannon wouldn't be all that useful, and that stealth would be annoying to balance. As such , I went with speed instead. Although, that cannon idea may see the light of day again on a bigger boat, like a Destroyer or Frigate, which are probably going to be named for historical figures.

Small or support craft: Marine animals
Former Coast Guard cutters: Mythical animals
Frigates and Destroyers: Historical figures, mostly Naval
Heavy/Light Cruisers: Weapons, the weight of which varies based on cruiser type
Battlecruisers: Mythological weapons
Battleships: Mythological heroes and demigods
Aircraft Carriers: Constellations
Normal submarines: Types of rock
Nuclear submarines: Gemstones and minerals

Note: Deities have been avoided, since they might actually be real. Also, the last two ideas are mostly just for the purposes of a joke.

Okay, I think I have a decent idea for the Elite PT Boat. It hasn't really come up yet, but we'll probably need to figure out an appropriate new suffix, as "United States' Ship" (USS) doesn't really work at this point. PODCS isn't quite true either, since we're basically a polity of our own, now. I'm leaning towards "Savannah Naval Ship", or SNS. But I'm willing to accept feedback on that.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards marine animal-based names for our PT Boat elites. I'm thinking the SNS Black Marlin, named for the fish species with the highest swim speed, might be a good place to start. The patch would be a stylized version of the animal, with the ship itself showing similar coloration to the animal: black on top, white on the bottom.

As for an Elite Perk, I'd give them increased basic mobility, as well as maybe some jury-rigged boosters of some sort, for short bursts of speed. Seems like a unique perk compared to our Elite units so far, as well as a useful one, as any ship that can better maneuver has a pretty big advantage, in my experience.

I was tempted to name it after a privateer and mount a cannon, or something stealthy, to not-so-subtly reference the origins of some my captains (smugglers), but felt like the cannon wouldn't be all that useful, and that stealth would be annoying to balance. As such , I went with speed instead. Although, that cannon idea may see the light of day again on a bigger boat, like a Destroyer or Frigate, which are probably going to be named for historical figures.

Small or support craft: Marine animals
Former Coast Guard cutters: Mythical animals
Frigates and Destroyers: Historical figures, mostly Naval
Heavy/Light Cruisers: Weapons, the weight of which varies based on cruiser type
Battlecruisers: Mythological weapons
Battleships: Mythological heroes and demigods
Aircraft Carriers: Constellations
Normal submarines: Types of rock
Nuclear submarines: Gemstones and minerals

Note: Deities have been avoided, since they might actually be real. Also, the last two ideas are mostly just for the purposes of a joke.
I like the SNS designator and the PT boat naming scheme. Overall I think it's a good outline for ship names; it's distinct enough from the US's schemas that, if we ever help reassemble the US, we won't usurp the most historical, iconic names (Yorktown, Hornet, Enterprise, etc.).
The Big E was defuled in 2016/2017, so I'm guessing the old girl is probably fully decommissioned at this point. On the flip side, the CVN-80 (Enterprise, Ninth Of Her Name) didn't even get started until 2017, so...probably not started.

Oh well.

@Smithsguild I don't really have specific Perk ideas beyond maybe "resistant to mental attacks" or the like? I feel like they'd build up a couple as time goes on...

Monday deadline for policy change re: Elite rolling practice. Maintain current practice locked without any opposition.

Each elite needs to gather enough support to carry consensus (4 votes)

So far some ideas have been floated for general consideration by @Highwind & two units have been given proposed names by their relevant councillors.

---------------------------------------------------
@Nixeu - SNS 'Black Marlin'

Faster than 4 mv (4 mv / 15 sec turn = 96 kmh = 52 knots) without some major breakthroughs in ship research not currently possible. I modeled your Torpedo boats on the Super Dvora Mk III and slapped as many tri-barrel launchers as exposed hull would allow placement. But speed is not the only method of gaining maneuverability.

Possible Elite Perk for SNS 'Black Marlin' -(Perk name TBD) by adding prototype maneuvering hydro-jet thrusters along the hull the Marlin can produce sudden minor shifts in lateral movement that make tracking and targeting them problematic, the end result a naval variant of the 'Little Birds' Evasive Perk? (will this fit the Marlin mental imagery well enough @Nixeu )

---------------------
@KnightDisciple - Silver Paladin's - I'm assuming these will be Jacketed AKP's? And the centerpiece of "a multitude of symbols" will be:
Gained a "symbol of true faith", with a sufficient outlay of resources & research the troop type 'Sentinels of Faith' may be trained...
Perk: ?Shield of faith?

Silver Paladin's by surrounding themselves with appropriate religion appropriate Iconography and the 'Symbol of true faith' the Paladin's may more easily steel their resolve in the face of external mental influence, unnatural fear, or maintain mental stability in the presence of the truly sanity rending 'things'.

This will be a dice based ability as an individual's faith (no matter how devout) waxes and wanes. Even a crit-fail will provide more protection than the common soldier will have...

The Paladins try not to lock themselves into strict weaponry loadouts, preferring to adjust on the fly. However, the growing trend is to leave at least one of their actual hands free from projectile weapons to instead wield a melee weapon of some kind or another. Right now, these are often simply improvised, scavenged, or antique pieces, but there's talk of Councilor Knight attempting to get them some high-quality gear that will let them, perhaps, even wound a Kaiju-scale opponent in melee...

It is not even remotely possible that melee weapons swung with human musculature will provide ANY damage vs K-scale. If standard tank rounds and High explosive are generally shrugged off.

Your Combat Jackets on the other hand with servo enhanced strength:
If engaged in melee the Combat Suit can inflict (Scratch damage - zero point K-scale IE scratch damage) more than sufficient to splatter all but the hardiest SSC/Cat - Zero opponents.
So swarm tactics by enough jacketed troops, could potentially threaten a K-scale, at great personal risk to such troops, currently a Jackets fist deal blunt but could be modified to wield oversized weapons or make such weapons integral to suit (bladed arm) that could change the damage type to edged, impact, etc...

Last edited:
---------------------
@KnightDisciple - Silver Paladin's - I'm assuming these will be Jacketed AKP's? And the centerpiece of "a multitude of symbols" will be:
Perk: ?Shield of faith?

Silver Paladin's by surrounding themselves with appropriate religion appropriate Iconography and the 'Symbol of true faith' the Paladin's may more easily steel their resolve in the face of external mental influence, unnatural fear, or maintain mental stability in the presence of the truly sanity rending 'things'.

This will be a dice based ability as an individual's faith (no matter how devout) waxes and wanes. Even a crit-fail will provide more protection than the common soldier will have...

It is not even remotely possible that melee weapons swung with human musculature will provide ANY damage vs K-scale. If standard tank rounds and High explosive are generally shrugged off.

Your Combat Jackets on the other hand with servo enhanced strength:

So swarm tactics by enough jacketed troops, could potentially threaten a K-scale, at great personal risk to such troops, currently a Jackets fist deal blunt but could be modified to wield oversized weapons or make such weapons integral to suit (bladed arm) that could change the damage type to edged, impact, etc...
1.) Yes, this is supposed to be a Jacketed AKP Unit. Couldn't remember if the AKP we just Elite'd was Jacketed or not, but I'd be scrounging them up if needed.
2.) Yeah that sounds solid as a Perk. Especially with where we are now.
3.) Yes, this is 100% intended as "melee weapons used by Combat Jackets". This is meant to lead into what will (hopefully eventually) be Blessed Power Weapons.

Also, not gonna lie, I'd forgotten I had the name "Sentinels of Faith", but looking at it, the SP could be the first of several units of the SOF, with the idea being they're a cross-disciplinary organization that (possibly/probably outside the game scope) go around the world "cleaning up" gribblies from beyond the world...

Savannah
Normal Actions:
[ ] - Turn the railway reactivation proposal into an actual actionable plan, to be enacted ASAP. (Railways Augment)
[ ] - Build a Dockworks augment (400R)
[ ] - Complete the blueprints for the Foundry
[ ] - Make a public announcement to all in our area of influence, requesting that anyone with useful information or artifacts relating to the Charleston cultists, Magic, the Mist creatures or anything else they believe important, to come forward and inform us. Anything that is verified to be true or useful will be rewarded. (The Casting Call)
[ ] - Mount an operation to retrieve Bracer Phoenix and its pilots (What do we bring for this op?)
[ ] - Increase Macon's Manufacturing by 2 (1500R)

Free Actions:
[ ] - Jaeger Tech Research: Increase Whitecap Triton's Toughness
[ ] - Hephaestus Repair and Upgrade: Increase Whitecap Triton's Toughness
[ ] - High Energy Lab: Complete the Plasma Jet Intake research
[ ] - Kaiju Sciences Lab: Research Kaiju Blue and how it reacts with various things. Like Rare Earth elements.

Situational Free Actions:
[X] Man Elba Island plant (No resource until next downtime as crews need trained to safely handle the product.)
[X] - Environmental Cleanup -100 R If not done, you will Not receive the Regular Action (Environment) slot
[X] - Restore the 2 captured Hawkeyes (Humvee mounted) Artillery
[X] - Replenish your exhausted Mk.60 - Captor Naval minefield (7 to regain 'functional' coverage / 14 to fully restock @100/r each)
-[X] (700R)
[X] - Perform the Electrical grid upgrade/repairs 950 R (Masserone -10% new total 855 R )
[X] - Dispatch the SuperTanker to the Oil Rig to retrieve the oil and return it to Savannah for processing.
(This action should detail any precautions, escorts assigned, etc.)

Macon
Normal Actions:
[X] - Increase Scanner stat by 2 (1500R)

Free Actions:
[ ] - Robins AFB: I have no idea.

Decisions:
[X] Bank the crude oil surplus for future processing to gain the increased resource value (1, 200 crude R = 1,800 R processed)

Opportunities:
[X] Use the free city augment to build an Iron Bitch.
[X] Upgrade Caravan Guard to use Strykers (250R)

Treasury: 8445R
Total Cost so far:
----------

I switched the Magic Research action for an operation to retrieve Bracer, though I need input on what do we bring for that because my default would be "everyone we can spare". And the Operation is likely to get hairy, since the location they hit the venerable Jaeger just so happens to be west of Charleston and just about as close to the lion's den as it could be without knocking on the Deacon's door. We could try a diversionary strike to keep the cultists busy and hopefully cause some real damage while we dash for Bracer and run away before they can send any real forces to stop us.

Ideally, the strike at Charleston would be from stand-off range or as close as it gets in the current atmosphere. We should probable raise more men and materiel this turn as well, instead of other actions.

@Nixeu - SNS 'Black Marlin'
Faster than 4 mv (4 mv / 15 sec turn = 96 kmh = 52 knots) without some major breakthroughs in ship research not currently possible. I modeled your Torpedo boats on the Super Dvora Mk III and slapped as many tri-barrel launchers as exposed hull would allow placement. But speed is not the only method of gaining maneuverability.

Possible Elite Perk for SNS 'Black Marlin' -(Perk name TBD) by adding prototype maneuvering hydro-jet thrusters along the hull the Marlin can produce sudden minor shifts in lateral movement that make tracking and targeting them problematic, the end result a naval variant of the 'Little Birds' Evasive Perk? (will this fit the Marlin mental imagery well enough @Nixeu )
Works for me. I wasn't aware of the speed of our PT boats, but that's definitely good to know. Though I will point out that does mean our other units like the Sea Dragon should be moving at ~2 mv/turn, which is going to be an enormous pain in the ass. It also means that agile Jaegers and Kaiju are moving at pretty ridiculous speeds, too, but that's a whole other topic.
Savannah
Normal Actions:
[ ] - Turn the railway reactivation proposal into an actual actionable plan, to be enacted ASAP. (Railways Augment)
[ ] - Build a Dockworks augment (400R)
[ ] - Complete the blueprints for the Foundry
[ ] - Make a public announcement to all in our area of influence, requesting that anyone with useful information or artifacts relating to the Charleston cultists, Magic, the Mist creatures or anything else they believe important, to come forward and inform us. Anything that is verified to be true or useful will be rewarded. (The Casting Call)
[ ] - Mount an operation to retrieve Bracer Phoenix and its pilots (What do we bring for this op?)

Free Actions:
[ ] - Jaeger Tech Research: Increase Whitecap Triton's Toughness
[ ] - Hephaestus Repair and Upgrade: Increase Whitecap Triton's Toughness
[ ] - High Energy Lab: Complete the Plasma Jet Intake research
[ ] - Kaiju Sciences Lab: Research Kaiju Blue and how it reacts with various things. Like Rare Earth elements.

Situational Free Actions:
[X] Man Elba Island plant (No resource until next downtime as crews need trained to safely handle the product.)
[X] - Environmental Cleanup -100 R If not done, you will Not receive the Regular Action (Environment) slot
[X] - Restore the 2 captured Hawkeyes (Humvee mounted) Artillery
[X] - Replenish your exhausted Mk.60 - Captor Naval minefield (7 to regain 'functional' coverage / 14 to fully restock @100/r each)
-[X] (700R)
[X] - Perform the Electrical grid upgrade/repairs 950 R (Masserone -10% new total 855 R )
[X] - Dispatch the SuperTanker to the Oil Rig to retrieve the oil and return it to Savannah for processing.
(This action should detail any precautions, escorts assigned, etc.)

Macon
Normal Actions:
[X] - Increase Scanner stat by 2 (1500R)

Free Actions:

Decisions:
[X] Bank the crude oil surplus for future processing to gain the increased resource value (1, 200 crude R = 1,800 R processed)

Opportunities:
[X] Use the free city augment to build an Iron Bitch.
[X] Upgrade Caravan Guard to use Strykers (250R)

Treasury: 8445R
Total Cost so far:
----------

I switched the Magic Research action for an operation to retrieve Bracer, though I need input on what do we bring for that because my default would be "everyone we can spare". And the Operation is likely to get hairy, since the location they hit the venerable Jaeger just so happens to be west of Charleston and just about as close to the lion's den as it could be without knocking on the Deacon's door. We could try a diversionary strike to keep the cultists busy and hopefully cause some real damage while we dash for Bracer and run away before they can send any real forces to stop us.

Ideally, the strike at Charleston would be from stand-off range or as close as it gets in the current atmosphere. We should probable raise more men and materiel this turn as well, instead of other actions.
I think I'd prefer we not go off half-cocked with the Bracer rescue plan. It's too important to risk screwing up, and the number of mobile forces we have that aren't tied down to defending our territory (non-garrisoned) is too small to really pull it off right now. Best plan, IMO, is a three-pronged approach: a small, fast recovery team, one prong hitting Charleston from the sea, and one from the land (preferably to tie up any forces that might intercept the recovery team and maybe even keep their sensors occupied).

Sea arm is the main diversion, and so should have serious air support. But, between Triton, and our newly acquired missile sub, we can threaten to do serious damage to their city from the ocean. The land attack is more meant to be a diversion that hides our rescue team. Should look more like a feint or attempt at invasion or to damage their infrastructure, or a retributive strike. Maybe with Mammoth in tow.

We should talk to our allies about getting their support for such an action, as well. I know Liberty's guerrillas would probably be happy to use our diversion to cause havoc, and thus more diversion. Atlanta could have their Golem cover both our cities, in case of an attack while our Jaegers are out handling Charleston, or have it join in.

Mount an operation to retrieve Bracer Phoenix and its pilots (What do we bring for this op?)

At minimum? Stealth insertion aircraft (the Chinook should suffice) to bring in Combat Engineers (advise the safest rubble removal to minimize further damage to Bracer), & maybe some jacketed troops (to make use of their enhanced strength to clear rubble and to scramble over the Jaeger to prepare Bracer for Jumphawk Airlift (although Chinook and your Jumphawks have same basic design, the chinook lifting capacity is hampered by the dampening of engines to make it an efficient stealth insertion platform, the Jumphawks scream their presence on IR as the engines are maximized for lift capability).

It would be handy if Iceman accompanied you as Bracer is designed for a 3 pilot drift, and even the minor task of a cold rebooting would go smoother if the other two pilots aren't fighting to handle a neural load designed for three.

If a lift harness is pre-fitted it should be grab-n-go with minimal time the Jumphawks are in enemy airspace.

This only considers an unopposed extraction team, any additional distractions, E-warfare, etc. are beyond the scope of what it will take to get Bracer transportation ready.

With some appropriate infrastructure going up, the sanction on Building air units is lifted. (Nothing being built will be usable in other portions of this plan, but are available immediately after plan completion).

Under Opportunities in the plan to fit current policy of 'Elite' AKP's being 'Jacketed' to boost their survivability 150 R needs to be expended to perform the upgrade. (no action cost) as outlined by @KnightDisciple in 'Silver Paladin' proposal.

I'm back, again, somewhat. Can someone give me a rundown of what has happened since I've been gone?

@KnightDisciple I am perfectly fine with the 'Sentinel's of Faith' being a Meta-organization like the Navy Seal's whereas units like the 'Silver Paladin's' are the equivalent of lets say 'SEAL Team 6'.

I'm back, again, somewhat. Can someone give me a rundown of what has happened since I've been gone?

Okay, multi-front Mist battle with tons of unprecedented details occured, we won. Epic Moments are hinted at by my sig.

"Quoting Highwind about MAvTW: " I want everyone to take a moment to appreciate how absolutely fucking Metal it is that we stopped a tsunami through the power of Magic, Giant Robots, and Huge Explosions."

Other development, with details -I- felt worthy of a read included the encountering of the 'Albino Widow Queen' and her capture, our resident mage augmented by the physical embodiment of raw magic twisted an aspect of Sammaels spell designed to level Savannah against him as she levitated, eyes glowing, Cthulhu's grandsire was not amused so is currently devour 2 aspects of Sammael -slowly-. We repelled a mixed column of armor and artillery from Charleston, the Mist creatures suffered numerous casualties from Antiverse nest sites.

Too long; Don't wanna read version... Not much. :V:V:V:V

Last edited:
Okay, multi-front Mist battle with tons of unprecedented details occured, we won. Epic Moments are hinted at by my sig.

"Quoting Highwind about MAvTW: " I want everyone to take a moment to appreciate how absolutely fucking Metal it is that we stopped a tsunami through the power of Magic, Giant Robots, and Huge Explosions."

Other development, with details -I- felt worthy of a read included the encountering of the 'Albino Widow Queen' and her capture, our resident mage augmented by the physical embodiment of raw magic twisted an aspect of Sammaels spell designed to level Savannah against him as she levitated, eyes glowing, Cthulhu's grandsire was not amused so is currently devour 2 aspects of Sammael -slowly-. We repelled a mixed column of armor and artillery from Charleston, the Mist creatures suffered numerous casualties from Antiverse nest sites.

To long; Don't wanna read version... Not much. :V:V:V:V
Could you quote the message where that happened? So I can read through the battle and get some new ideas for tech to make?

Could you quote the message where that happened? So I can read through the battle and get some new ideas for tech to make?

LOL, nope. A lot of that is scattered across 60+ pages of posts. It would be unfair to everyone else to halt the quest for personal recaps. Not meaning to be rude, I have in the past done my best to bring you up to speed. If the interest is there devote the time, if not I owe my efforts to the people ACTIVELY involved before catering to occasional lurkers. I think your input is invaluable and it has been missed, but I cannot and will not participate in that level of hand holding.

LOL, nope. A lot of that is scattered across 60+ pages of posts. It would be unfair to everyone else to halt the quest for personal recaps. Not meaning to be rude, I have in the past done my best to bring you up to speed. If the interest is there devote the time, if not I owe my efforts to the people ACTIVELY involved before catering to occasional lurkers. I think your input is invaluable and it has been missed, but I cannot and will not participate in that level of hand holding.
OK, its totally fine.
Edit: I've actually been GMing my own games as of late, which is part of why I lost track of this, so I totally understand,

Last edited:
This intel garnered from the collective stories known by the crew of 'Liberty's Toll'.

[Cut to a classroom/barrack's inside the 'Black Keep' portion of Charleston]

Since their initial arrival nearly 3 months ago this batch of unwanted children of Charleston have been continuously conditioned and indoctrinated, their names taken from them replaced by a new naming convention ( their selection number ) exclusive to members of the Deacon's special utility program. "Candidate 043 move your ass!"

Only those who are deemed especially responsive and compliant are moved into the actual valued training program and those who are not deemed receptive move on to serve as child labor in Charleston's Public workhouses.

A group of 20 prepubescent orphaned children ages ranging from ages 9-13 are recent graduates of the indoctrination program and have moved on to begin as pilot candidates allowed access to their own personal combat simulators cabinets.The cabinets emit a small electric shock when a pilot candidate receives simulated damage to their vehicle, no lasting harm but a physical reminder that failure has its consequences. It is not uncommon multiple classes are being trained in parallel.

In addition to their number, they now receive a grade designation to show their increased worth. It goes something like "Candidate 045-Zed report to the infirmary." Zed meaning the lowest form of candidate, literally a zero. They will have a month, with the scoring on their simulator influencing every aspect of their lives. Lowest scores pulls punishment duties, highest ten gain extra rations. At the end of the month bottom 10 students are sent to the workhouse, ten 'new' candidates (fresh from indoctrination) join to replace them, highest two will be promoted to next level of training and qualify for an attempt to become 'real pilots'.

This is when they undergo their first 'procedure' a surgical augmentation with equal odds of enhancement or terminal/crippling failure, a system of bio-enhancement the 'Alaya-Vijnana Organic Interface' that allows these pilots direct neural interface with their machines. The process, even when successful is not without its costs, some minor nerve damage occurs that presents as nervous ticks, a tremble in the hand, or other minor inconveniences. Failed candidates are organically recycled as the 'Alaya-Vijnana Organic Interface' is too valuable to be left wasting away in a corpse or cripple.

Surviving Pilots of this grade are now know as Tertius, 'Liberty's Toll' had from time to time accidentally intercepted training transmissions from inside the Black Keep beside the tertius grade there were mentions of Secondus, and Primus as well.

It is not know what exactly these youths are being trained to operate, as all workhouse washouts are delivered surgically mute and once in the workhouse program not many have the spare time (nor survive long enough) to learn niceties such as sign language.

(Edit: this program has been in place for over a year)

Last edited:
Further intel garnered from former Charleston troops: Regarding city augments and mods.

Their own 'Wall of Life" at their defensive perimeter. Nearly complete, but work is ongoing...

Primitive Defense Grid - A series of coordinated missile batteries, and manned .50 caliber gun emplacements interspersed evenly along the perimeter and interior of the city provides support fire during battles in and around Charleston.

House of Pain & Penance - through liberal use of public torture and terror, negative morale modifiers for people trapped inside the city proper are treated as positive modifiers for purposes of production.

House of Revelations - an indoctrination center, ran by a recent convert, a former military psi-ops doctor with five degrees (Medical, Sociology, Psychiatry, Psychology, & Pharmacology) to vastly increase the base level of zealotry in the common militia & citizenry.

House of the Holy - Best and brightest, fanatics trained for seamless enemy infiltration. Pure humans with only a spiritual taint. (SOCOM equivalent training in weapons, tactics, and demolition) designed to turn out willing Martyrs. Sometimes trained in leading Dark Rites.

Public Workhouse - adds an additional 50% to manufacturing production as the use of child labor, the elderly, & the handicapped are forced by abuse and referrals to the "House of Pain & Penance" to squeeze bonus production from the unfortunate souls

'Radio: Air Charleston' 24 hour (de)motivational/indoctrination 'Tokyo Rose Style' Broadcasting

Counter Broadcasting Facility 24 hour active jamming of any 'other' AM/FM/Mil-Spec broadcasting within Sphere of Influence or 'Echo' unit sphere.

Charleston has infrastructure in place for speedy construction of air, sea, mechanized, and ground troops at discounts similar to your Hangars and airfields.

This intel garnered from the collective stories known by the crew of 'Liberty's Toll'.

Since their initial arrival nearly 3 months ago this batch of unwanted children of Charleston have been continuously conditioned and indoctrinated, their names taken from them replaced by a new naming convention ( their selection number ) exclusive to members of the Deacon's special utility program. "Candidate 043 move your ass!"

Only those who are deemed especially responsive and compliant are moved into the actual valued training program and those who are not deemed receptive move on to serve as child labor in Charleston's Public workhouses.

A group of 20 prepubescent orphaned children ages ranging from ages 9-13 are recent graduates of the indoctrination program and have moved on to begin as pilot candidates allowed access to their own personal combat simulators cabinets.The cabinets emit a small electric shock when a pilot candidate receives simulated damage to their vehicle, no lasting harm but a physical reminder that failure has its consequences. It is not uncommon multiple classes are being trained in parallel.

In addition to their number, they now receive a grade designation to show their increased worth. It goes something like "Candidate 045-Zed report to the infirmary." Zed meaning the lowest form of candidate, literally a zero. They will have a month, with the scoring on their simulator influencing every aspect of their lives. Lowest scores pulls punishment duties, highest ten gain extra rations. At the end of the month bottom 10 students are sent to the workhouse, ten 'new' candidates (fresh from indoctrination) join to replace them, highest two will be promoted to next level of training and qualify for an attempt to become 'real pilots'.

This is when they undergo their first 'procedure' a surgical augmentation with equal odds of enhancement or terminal/crippling failure, a system of bio-enhancement the 'Alaya-Vijnana Organic Interface' that allows these pilots direct neural interface with their machines. The process, even when successful is not without its costs, some minor nerve damage occurs that presents as nervous ticks, a tremble in the hand, or other minor inconveniences. Failed candidates are organically recycled as the 'Alaya-Vijnana Organic Interface' is too valuable to be left wasting away in a corpse or cripple.

Surviving Pilots of this grade are now know as Tertius, 'Liberty's Toll' had from time to time accidentally intercepted training transmissions from inside the Black Keep beside the tertius grade there were mentions of Secondus, and Primus as well.

It is not know what exactly these youths are being trained to operate, as all workhouse washouts are delivered surgically mute and once in the workhouse program not many have the spare time (nor survive long enough) to learn niceties such as sign language.

...Yeah, I recognize that name. Might not have watched the series it comes from, but I wiki-walked the Gundam Wiki enough to have it stick. They're meant to be pilots for giant robots, I'd guess, possibly small enough to run solo. Or some sort of interface with giant monsters, but it's definitely something along those lines.

Last edited:
...Yeah, I recognize that name. Might not have watched the series it comes from, but I wiki-walked the Gundam Wiki enough to have it stick. They're meant to be pilots for giant robots, I'd guess, possibly small enough to run solo. Or some sort of interface with giant monsters, but it's definitely something along those lines.

Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS is the particular series I've stolen it from. And you are perilously close to being on target.

....Do we know about this? Do we know what they do?

Back