Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

Enough consensus for me; transferring 1 Combat Engineer unit and forming Savannah Division of Homeland Security.

Will process its attempt with this turns downtime plan. :) Providing of course you reach consensus ...

Standing military as it exists pre- plan:

Air Forces:
'Jumphawks' (x6)
'Little Birds' (x1)
'Pathfinders' (x1
elite)
'Cobras' (x1)

Mechanized Ground:

T-95 AK-Artillery Batteries (x2)
Tracked AK-Mortar platoon (x1
elite)
T-100 AK-Tank (x2)
ALSV Patrol Groups (x2)
AN/TWQ-1 Avenger AA squad (x1)
M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (x1)

Mechanized Infantry:

Resupply Platoon (x1)
Anti Kaiju brigades (x6)
Motorcycle Club Militia (x3
elite), (x1 conventional)
Civilian Militia (K-9) (x4)

Last edited:
Well got here late to the party. Agreed on homeland security. In the future, and if possible, could they get something that allowed them to sniff out cultists that might try to infiltrate our lands?

Birth of the ' Sentinels of Faith'
A Time To Gather Stones

Councilor Knight paced his small office. Papers were scattered on his writing desk, three dented file cabinets lined one wall, and a chunky-but-powerful desktop hummed away merrily on the computer desk.

He could still remember the foul thing's words echoing in his head. He could remember his own body and mind locking up, rebelling against the idea of doing anything but cowering, trying to run away. His faith and determination had held, but barely. He needed to steel himself against such future attacks. Mental exercises, mindfulness principles, meditation, breathing exercises; whatever it took to keep these things from putting things on their terms.

But that was insufficient? What about everyone else? He couldn't, wouldn't, force everyone to his faith, but he wasn't sure how universal the principles would be? Worth putting a short "guide" together about another time. Perhaps he could look into ways to lay down some sort of protection? If a Golem could stand over Atlanta, why couldn't he ward Savannah against the worst excesses of these Corrupt Things?

But was it enough?

He sat down, and after a few minutes sketching out warding scheme center-symbols, he stopped. This was...it might bear fruit, but after a point, it wasn't enough. They could cover the Jaegers in wards or the like, sure, but what of the rest of their people? And how were they to fight these beasts in the streets and the trenches?

No, they needed an edge. Perhaps....perhaps they could start a fighting force. Small at first, a "trial run" combined with a Special Forces mindset. The gear could become universal later, but for the initial days, they would need to be a symbol. A force that others could see as an example, and follow; not just those who thought and believed just like him, but all the people in Savannah. Because it wasn't about browbeating the others into his thoughts, it was about being a lampstand on a hill.

Of course, one of these days, they'd need to take the fight to the Corrupt Ones, and when they did, they'd probably need even more firepower. But...one step at a time.

Wrote some Inspiring reading

Kudo's Knight I think this is a favored omake to date...

Gained a "symbol of true faith", with a sufficient outlay of resources & research the troop type 'Sentinels of Faith' may be trained...

Quote: "they could start a fighting force. Small at first, a "trial run" combined with a Special Forces mindset".

Will require one additional bottleneck is passed (this downtime not permissible as the idea coalesces) must successfully research an infantry scale powered armor.

----Edit: proof again actively participating in building the fluff will have tangible rewards.

Last edited:
Kudo's Knight I think this is a favored omake to date...

Gained a "symbol of true faith", with a sufficient outlay of resources & research the troop type 'Sentinels of Faith' may be trained...

Quote: "they could start a fighting force. Small at first, a "trial run" combined with a Special Forces mindset".

Will require one additional bottleneck is passed (this downtime not permissible as the idea coalesces) must successfully research an infantry scale powered armor.
Cool. Though that first picture could just be high-end non-powered armor. And if it wasn't clear, the intent is not to make this something that's Christian-exclusive. Just anti-Cthuluoism! :lol

Cool. Though that first picture could just be high-end non-powered armor. And if it wasn't clear, the intent is not to make this something that's Christian-exclusive. Just anti-Cthuluoism! :lol

Never claimed a religion, the label was 'Faith' a trait possessed equally by jew, christian, muslim and too many others to detail. Fed by belief in a righteous higher power.

---edit
bottleneck remains... (I want powered armor dang nabbit)

Last edited:
One thought related to the anti cthulhu warriors, should we research the power of prayer/faith? Imagine a jaeger that got stronger the more people believed in it.

One thought related to the anti cthulhu warriors, should we research the power of prayer/faith? Imagine a jaeger that got stronger the more people believed in it.

Researching magic / miracles will begin to explain the underpinnings of the framework that covers ALL of that... belief is a MAJOR cornerstone.

I am going to address what I view as a major failing of mine. I am too willing to give peeks behind the curtain; -unearned- peeks cheapen the end result.

Therefore with no disrespect intended I will be trying to restrain myself. In the near future do not be surprised if you receive a "Interesting, I wonder what research will reveal." type answers. This is not my blowing you off, if anything I will probably be struggling NOT to engage and lift the curtain.

However I think everyone's enjoyment will increase when the answers have been earned thru fair play.

Right now, I'm thinking two things:

First, what would weaponry in the shape of the signs that the deep ones can't stand would do to said deep ones.

Second, path to man portable melee plasma weapons (though Jaeger-scale would do). Because that branch sign thingy would make a kickass sword.

I guess it is time to gather the holy men and the scriptures, there's a lot of smiting to be done.

Okay 2 plans are up, no votes yet.

Is there some other things we should do to garner support? Some middle ground between plans, etc.

Inclusion of some point, or exclusion of something else?

My point is we should be having an earnest discussion BEFORE smithsguild jabs us with pointies, we are at plan time and the plan is the least discussed topic.

[x] plan Kaiju ops
Free Actions:
[ ] Repair 2 damaged sentries -45 R
[ ] Transfer a Militia K-9 to Law enforcement (per Smiths )
[ ] J-tech Research - chest module - MLRS derived missile system.
[ ] K-Science - Anteverse life cloning
[ ] Bring 'Whitecap Triton' online (finish upgrades using Hephaestus )
[ ] Urban Planning - Crucible

5 general actions:
[ ] build Garrisoned rifle platoon x15 -300 R
[ ] build Self propelled launch loader w/t trailer -400 R
[ ] Research powered armor
[ ] upgrade research stat to 4 -4,500 R
[ ] have both the Little Bird & Outriders skirt our sensors edge, looking for any signs of Bracer. Little Bird is to spiral search outward from sensor periphery primarily looking for Bracer but noting anything of interest.

[x] plan Kaiju ops
Free Actions:
[ ] J-tech Research - chest module - MLRS derived missile system.
[ ] K-Science - Anteverse life cloning

5 general actions:
[ ] Research powered armor
[ ] have both the Little Bird & Outriders skirt our sensors edge, looking for any signs of Bracer. Little Bird is to spiral search outward from sensor periphery primarily looking for Bracer but noting anything of interest.

I like the direction you're thinking however some issues with this plan.

• Antiverse life cloning - at this point (and without a dedicated genetics lab) this is a 'pie in the sky' goal, research would reveal what bottlenecks you need to begin conquering to open the field to something beyond "oh that is a liver" we can duplicate that... (with luck), is a big jump to 'oh look, I grew a Sammael (sammy is other) Ickthorn-lite". Not saying you cannot do this but, I'm mapping out most likely outcome.
----edit: even had you been able to do so, you would be limited to clone and release as you have zero containment facilities.

Last edited:
Right now, I'm thinking two things:

First, what would weaponry in the shape of the signs that the deep ones can't stand would do to said deep ones.

Second, path to man portable melee plasma weapons (though Jaeger-scale would do). Because that branch sign thingy would make a kickass sword.

I guess it is time to gather the holy men and the scriptures, there's a lot of smiting to be done.

Hmmm, you know currently you don't even know how the Elder Signs effect the Deep Ones (beyond an illustration in a manuscript), Weapons based off their shape ...? "Interesting thought, I wonder what research will reveal."

Edit---
Of course to run experiments on human size specimens would require small scale containment to be online first... then to 'capture' a live specimen. You don't have any x-com style shock rods or anesthetic grenade or troops with net's / capture poles...

Last edited:

Is there some other things we should do to garner support? Some middle ground between plans, etc.

My point is we should be having an earnest discussion BEFORE smithsguild jabs us with pointies, we are at plan time and the plan is the least discussed topic.
Been busy building votes elsewhere. Also, IRL things. Thus, haven't been able to really analyze the suggestions so far.

Been busy building votes elsewhere. Also, IRL things. Thus, haven't been able to really analyze the suggestions so far.

Your fine, I am realizing my readership have actual lives... Not everyone can devote as much time to my AU as I do. I will attempt to slow my pacing and make it more accessible to a wider audience. Good things come to those who wait... (LOL I personally am an I want it now guy! :p )

Busy day sorry.

Rewriting plan,

[X] Crucible and cleanup
Free Actions:
[ ] J-tech Research - Vibroblade armor spikes.
[ ] K-Science - improved anti kaiju munitions (honing in on what types of ammo hurt kaiju the most)

5 general actions:
[ ] build M270 x1 -350 R

Last edited:
Sadly @dgr11897 I can't get behind a plan that risks squandering a valuable token.

I purposely removed tokens from my plan until AFTER this turn so the research upgrades would be in place to maximize our success.

And the reason I went dealers choice is stated somewhere back when talking with the Engineer , that if you insisted he would try and produce whatever you requested but that was not their strength.

Post 46.

Edit : I like the Crucible idea, but imho it is best done as general action. Urban is a bad fit.

Last edited:
Sadly @dgr11897 I can't get behind a plan that risks squandering a valuable token.

I purposely removed tokens from my plan until AFTER this turn so the research upgrades would be in place to maximize our success.

And the reason I went dealers choice is stated somewhere back when talking with the Engineer , that if you insisted he would try and produce whatever you requested but that was not their strength.

Post 46.

Edit : I like the Crucible idea, but imho it is best done as general action. Urban is a bad fit.

Actually he would turn out credible blueprints for it, but the bonus the building produced would be merely same as an average roll equivalent (5), when left to be creative (no expectations, no oversight) the buildings are as close to a natural '10' research as I can produce.

Last edited:
What I meant by anteverse life cleanup methods is better ways of cleaning up the enviromental damage from killing kaiju or other anteverse life.

Back