Magical Girl Escalation Taylor (Worm/Nanoha)

I feel the need to quote myself, so let me get this out of my system and I'll be quiet.
Even with the heaviest of armors, a true combat Vista isn't a "Come at me bro!" tank; she's a hit and run fighter. The heavier armor just means there's less risk if she wanted to stay in the thick of fighting for a short while. (There's a reason I said the vote on armor type was more a reflection on her transhumanist attitude.) It's an embarrassing description, but in my mind she's on the road to becoming a magitech cyborg ninja.

I'll admit that their plan is thorough. That both its strength and its weakness, however, since that plan is unlikely to survive intact once our raid goes hot.
I do aim for completeness. :)

In all seriousness though, any plan should involve scouting the whole building and not just the suspected workshop. It'd be a hell of a thing to drop into the lab while Bakuda's upstairs making a sandwich and she bolts.

I feel the need to quote myself, so let me get this out of my system and I'll be quiet.
I should add that Vista being with Sam and Chevalier is due to how much it'd aid them in close quarters, and it being useful immediately rather than having her outside doing containment if someone escapes, not because her strenght.

That, and common sense says that a space warper would be really good when dealing with bombs in tight spaces.

Now, if I may ask, your clarification was because you though I was making a wrong assumption or because I'm heading towards a terrible mistake?

And potentially setting off every single one of Bakuda's bombs. That's a great idea.
Exactly! Let's do it! With Bakuda's personality she might want some large abandoned warehouse or an underground bunker. The former would be fun especially if it set off the pain bomb, dismemberment bomb, and gray boy bomb simultaneously. And due to the Gay boy bomb we didn't technically kill her. The latter would be trickier if it was in the middle of a crowded town.

I should add that Vista being with Sam and Chevalier is due to how much it'd aid them in close quarters, and it being useful immediately rather than having her outside doing containment if someone escapes, not because her strenght.

That, and common sense says that a space warper would be really good when dealing with bombs in tight spaces.

Now, if I may ask, your clarification was because you though I was making a wrong assumption or because I'm heading towards a terrible mistake?

Everyone is pointing out her close range defense is nothing. She can't dodge in closed spaces. Literally the worst engagement condition for a Shaker.

Do this if you want to replace more chunks of horribly ruined Vista

@Silently Watches
Can we make Recursion Field specifically NOT take anybody, and ONLY grab a copy of the terrain and its contents?
That would let us explore the recursion terrain freely and find bombs and learn how to safely jam/disable them with our Device, so that back in the real world Bakuda couldn't set any off real bombs?

The more I think about it, the more I want to ignore Myrddin's request. After all, if something bad happens with Chicago, people can just move in some other city, like we did after Brockton was quarantined. :cool:

I continue to doubt that let Vista inside is a good idea, so have a plan with her on the outside.

[X] Plan Contain and Capture.
-[X] Deploy Recursion Field and scout out the building.
-[X] After that lift Recursion Field. Samantha and Chevalier attack from within, while Vista, Dragon and Taylor provide support as needed.

Last edited:
-[X] Deploy Recursion Field and scout out the building.
-[X] After that lift Recursion Field. Samantha and Chevalier attack from within, while Vista, Dragon and Taylor provide support as needed.

Last edited:
This is better, but why are we searching only the basement? There's no guarantee that Bakuda is going to be in the basement. We don't even know if that's her actual lab. It might just be storage space for her people bombs.
It makes more sense to search everything top to bottom while keeping in mind potential traps and escape routes Bakuda could take.

@Silently Watches
The question about deliberately choosing to include or exclude somebody from recursion field comes up enough that maybe the answer should be put in the description to explicitly state that it only follows the parameters listed, and you cannot choose to include or exclude specific individuals.

@Silently Watches
The question about deliberately choosing to include or exclude somebody from recursion field comes up enough that maybe the answer should be put in the description to explicitly state that it only follows the parameters listed, and you cannot choose to include or exclude specific individuals.
Basically, who the field takes is up to SW. If they don't meet the qualifications, they won't be brought at all, and if they do they're only brought if they're relevant to the scene.

I was just trying to suggest you add that it cannot be selective to that description.
Also I just took a peek, and it seems a lot clearer than the last time I looked. Good work cleaning it up.

Back