Magical Girl Escalation Taylor (Worm/Nanoha)

[X] Vista

We can totally trust her on her own, but how often do we get a chance to watch her being as awesome as we know she is? Let's take the opportunity for it this time.

[X] Chevalier

Might as well say hi to the locals, let them know we might be engaging in historical recreation / enthusiastic urban reorganization in their bailiwick. I agree with landcollector and Geas that we should put out faith in the littlest Number to not get rekt.

[X] Chevalier
-[X] Keep comms open so if anyone gets into trouble we can teleport to them quickly and possible bring members of the protectorate with us.

[x] Chevalier
Adhoc vote count started by Geas on Jun 4, 2018 at 9:39 PM, finished with 15853 posts and 15 votes.

[X] Chevalier
-[X] Keep comms open so if anyone gets into trouble we can teleport to them quickly and possible bring members of the protectorate with us.

[X] Go on your own and use Wide Area Search in another part of town

Against Coil you need as wide a search as you can get to find his assets. Or he'll be in the place you checked last

I just realized that we've potentially made her a nightmarish mid-to-long range sniper...
What part made you think that was an accident? :V I've been trying to give our space-warper Saito's cybereye since this upgrading stuff started.

---

Maaan this vote is tricksy... its a bit concerning that voting for Bakuda has us auto-agreeing to a plan that involves contacting both PRT and Protectorate to chase down Coil's minion >_> I think a lot of the vote-talk had been around trying to do this both quick and without alerting Calvert.... will Dragon or Chevalier be interrupting the Calvert meeting, for that matter? Or can we trust them to be discrete in things?

Because relatedly.... its hard to think how we'll contribute to Chevalier's meeting better than we could via video-chat, without making it relatively obvious we're visiting the HQ. Considering the sensitivity of the assignment though, @Silently Watches , is Chevalier going to do things like ask Myrddin to meet him privately and otherwise try to keep it quiet to not spook Calvert? Since it sounded like he was telling the Chicago leader about more than just us hunting Bakuda (or did I misunderstand that bit?)

Going along seems as much as anything a chance to present detail on the evidence Perfect Storm has gathered..... which would (if we don't collude with Dragon, and raise questions why she didn't go instead) necesssitate revealing our high-rank hacking abilities on top of our already crazy Ratings. Seems risky for the benefits, since Chevalier is already on board and vouching for this. Unless we functionally spilled the beans in first convincing Chevalier? (Interlude for them eventually learning could be fun to read....)

Vista... seems the best synergy really, two detection abilities that work on alternate methods to cover each other. If she spots an occupied area that shouldn't be, we could confirm on the spot with WAS, or she can preemptively check for occupants before we sweep a spot so the glowy-balls aren't noticed. Plus, Perfect Storm can likely provide city-utility blueprints the way it did for the Beast Lair search, which would seriously help both Samantha and Vista.....

Can we search up and provide such info to the two of them anyways? Whhyyy haven't we had Tim work up some kind of TacSoft after a night binging Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six et all?

Anyways, tactical considerations aside..... I am so dissapoint we didn't bring along any newfriends to socialize with ;-; Vista, we do a looot with already.... even if shes our tiny minion and we're at a good point to sway her from Wards :V . But chevalier = Myrrdin, and how could we possibly NOT take the opportunity to meet the most famed Potential-Mage of the setting? (Adepts get wrekt, Myrrdin did it better in canon :p )

EDIT: A worrying thought, with Chevalier (if its public) visitning the local HQ.... might Coil get alerted or spooked if he runs a simulation about allowing Chevalier to encounter Calvert and Chevvy /not/ reacting or having the timeline go bad the way past simulations went? Since that could reveal Chevalier already knowing about Calvert's cape powers?

Last edited:
[X] Chevalier
--[X] Ask Myrrdin if we can scan to see if he's really a wizard.

First, I think we should ask Myrrdin if we can scan to see if he's really using magic. Either before or after, but at some point, I'm sure everybody in the protectorate would be interested in the results of that scan, and I'm not sure Myrrdin wouldn't object to a positive being publicized as confirmation that he really is a wizard.

Now as to the real reason I choose Chevalier over Vista.
If Vista's going to the Gold Coast and walking down LSD, she's fairly safe from crime. The Gold Coast is a high rent district and one of the safer areas. The biggest danger is getting hit by a car, and I'm not joking about that. I actually knew somebody who was killed there in such an accident, and they had a problem with bicyclists and pedestrians getting hit by cars in the time period we're talking about. Checking Google shows that in 2014 was when they had the news article about all the fatal accidents on LSD.

I've lived my entire life in the NW Suburbs of Chicago, so while I don't know the city that well, it's a 40 minute train ride to the Loop (or up to two hours to the Loop via the Kennedy in typical rush hour. Traffic on The Kennedy sucks. In bad weather it can be longer.).
Adhoc vote count started by SlickRCBD on Jun 5, 2018 at 12:46 AM, finished with 15861 posts and 22 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by SlickRCBD on Jun 5, 2018 at 4:27 AM, finished with 15866 posts and 27 votes.

Last edited:
[X] Chevalier

It let us meet the Earth-Bet most famous wizard and spend some time with a person we know the least in our Coil-bashing team.
Maybe we even find out why he and MM decided to not invite us to the Jotunn's meeting.

"Well, we knew that you already was invited by Cailleach, so decided to not waste your time reiterating the invitation?" Chevalier explained awkwardly.
"...and how the hell you found out about it?!" Taylor asked angrily.
Chevalier sighed and took off his helmet... revealing that he was Kayleigh all along! :o

As most, I am divided on whether to go with Vista or with Chevalier.

In the end, I am choosing Chevalier solely because our chosen first quarry is Bakuda, and she packs enough heavy ordnance Vista's relative squishiness is of negligible difference.

[X] Chevalier

[X] Chevalier

[X] Chevalier

[X] Chevalier

Being diplomatic with the Protectorate has served us pretty well up until now so we should probably keep that streak going - we're going to need that goodwill if we're alleging that one of their people is a secret supervillain. Myrrdin in particular is someone we should make the acquaintance of.

Might be a good idea to have a teleport handy so we can immediately go to back up anyone who finds themselves in trouble though. Why assume it's Vista who'll run across Bakuda?

Why assume Bakuda is the only problem we might find? Go looking for one hidden thing you might find something else hidden by mistake.

[X] Vista

I'm not so much worried about her (she can take care of herself) as I figure this is the most fun option for conversation.

[X] Chevalier

Because relatedly.... its hard to think how we'll contribute to Chevalier's meeting better than we could via video-chat, without making it relatively obvious we're visiting the HQ. Considering the sensitivity of the assignment though, @Silently Watches , is Chevalier going to do things like ask Myrddin to meet him privately and otherwise try to keep it quiet to not spook Calvert? Since it sounded like he was telling the Chicago leader about more than just us hunting Bakuda (or did I misunderstand that bit?)
Correct. This is a private meet between Chevalier and Myrrdin outside the Protectorate base.

For those wanting to scan Myrddin, I don't think now is the best time. It feels a bit odd to ask to scan to see if he's a real wizard when we're currently on a bit a time crunch to catch a snake and a crazy bomb tinker. Maybe later when all is done and calmed down we can ask 'Hey! Can I scan you to see if you're actually a wizard?'

Back