Magical Girl Escalation Taylor (Worm/Nanoha)

Its worth noting on this subject that, while im not sure about any of the others Voltaire is said to have a will and volition of his own, and can (and will) refuse summoning for anything other than what he considers a good reason.

In fact, just to make it easier on me later let me start up a list of spells and their appropriate tiers so we have something to reference from here on out.

• Homing Bullet – Upgrade for Shooting spells. Bullets now self-correct their trajectories to chase targets.
  • Burst – Modification for Shooting spells. Bullets can be set to explode upon contact or remotely.
  • Movement Mastery – Increase mage's capability with movement spells like Blitz Action and Aerial Combat.
  • Boost Mastery – Increase mage's capability with increase-type spells that improve the recipient's abilities like Strike Boost, Barret Boost, and Cape Boost.
  • Enchant Mastery – Increase mage's capability with enchant spells that give the recipient new abilities like Defense Gain, Soul Wings, and Recovery.
  • Break Mastery – Increase mage's capability with decrease-type spells that diminish the recipient's abilities like Strike Break, Shell Break, and Focus Break.
  • Medical Mastery – Increase mage's capability with healing spells like Physical Heal, System Purge, and Fortify Spirit.
  • Teleport Mastery – Increase mage's capability with teleportation spells like Spatial Translocation, Dimensional Transfer, and Force Teleport.
  • Alternate Barrier Jacket/Knight Armor forms that diminish defense in exchange for a self-directed buff.
  • Shooting spells to attack enemies at a distance. Name based on individual mage's preference.
  • Spells that increase a weapon's attack power. Name based on individual mage's preference.
  • Telekinesis – Move objects with only the power of the mind. Maximal force that can be applied is based on their mass.
  • Blitz Action – Move at high speeds that are difficult to follow with the naked eye.
  • Strong Shield – Protective magic shield.
  • Area Search – Send out non-damaging 'bullets' or drones to map out the immediate area. The area is smaller than Wide Area Search, but it takes less time to examine. Useful for melee mages.
  • Wide Area Search – Send out non-damaging 'bullets' or drones to map out the nearby area. The area is larger than Area Search, but it takes more time to examine. Useful for bombardment mages.
  • Ring Bind – Conjure rings of magic that wrap around target's limbs to lock them in place.
  • Dimensional barriers to isolate a battlefield and prevent damage from slipping into the real world.
  • Guardian Beast – Uplift a single animal's consciousness and give it combat and human forms.
  • Aerial Combat – Ability to fly while engaged in combat.
  • Buster spells to deal incredible damage to enemies. Name based on individual mage's preference.
  • Singularity – Create a gravity well to pull in targets to a single point.
  • Temporal Sludge – Slow the flow of time within an area to a third of its normal rate.
  • Crescendo – Speed up the flow of time time within an area to three times its normal rate.
  • Spatial Translocation – Teleport to somewhere else in the same dimension the mage is already in.
  • Breaker spells that cause enough destruction they can kill entire cities. Name based on individual mage's preference.
  • Dimensional Transfer – Teleport across dimensions.

This will be yet ANOTHER thing I constantly keep updated that nobody will ever look at, won't it?

People take spoilers too seriously...

People take spoilers too seriously...
It's a convenient way to put in lots of information without turning the post into a huge eyesore. It's the same reason the character sheets are in spoilers. Though considering it will soon be buried in the thread with no way of finding except by following a link, I suppose I don't HAVE to put it in spoilers.

Its worth noting on this subject that, while im not sure about any of the others Voltaire is said to have a will and volition of his own, and can (and will) refuse summoning for anything other than what he considers a good reason.
To be fair on that point, Voltaire is Caro's god. She's basically the last shaman of the tribe, so he cuts her a lot of slack.

To be fair on that point, Voltaire is Caro's god. She's basically the last shaman of the tribe, so he cuts her a lot of slack.
Wait, didnt her tribe basically throw her out?

I vaguely recall she learned support spells at Fate's suggestion because it suited her personality better, while the TSAB had planned to simply use her as a walking WMD.

Wait, didnt her tribe basically throw her out?

I vaguely recall she learned support spells at Fate's suggestion because it suited her personality better, while the TSAB had planned to simply use her as a walking WMD.
They did, but thats because her summoning ability was active at age 6, and she couldn't control her summons at the time...presumably they threw her out to avoid being 'self defensed' to death by her dragons.

[x] (Boost Device) Full Naruto

As MANY people have said, it's a good compromise between "MISSY SMASH" and "I summon Bahamut!" where she still gets to get her hits in without losing 9/10ths of the fun of having a Rare Skill.

This will be yet ANOTHER thing I constantly keep updated that nobody will ever look at, won't it?

If you want people to look at it, you might want to Threadmark it as Informational. I just saw it reading through since the vote.

[X] (Boost Device) Full Naruto

Considering the Combat Arm mounted Energy Shield is a thing I just remembered, my worries about the Hazard Jacket tradeoff are even smaller.

Hmm...would it be possible to summon creatures specialized for various tasks? Such as transporting individuals or large groups of people quickly or support capabilities as opposed to direct combat abilities? Or would that be accomplished via creative use of the already existing Summon spells?

Hmm...would it be possible to summon creatures specialized for various tasks? Such as transporting individuals or large groups of people quickly or support capabilities as opposed to direct combat abilities? Or would that be accomplished via creative use of the already existing Summon spells?
The most flexible summoner we've seen in canon is Lutecia, who amongst other things have her swarm summons as spy drones, command relays, mass ally teleportation, and also has a giant siege beetle that could be used for transport.

Caro mostly just focuses on her Dragon control and dropping powerful buffs on allies instead, but she can also summon chain tentacles.

Corona does Summon Mazinger, and Equip Mazinger parts instead for melee work.

Summoners are the most versatile type of Nanohaverse mage, hard to say what they can't specifically do.

I would imagine it depends on investment like most things. Lut seems to have mostly focused on her summoning, while Caro was focused on support magic. So Lut has a dozen different kinds of summon while Caro only uses two.

Or it may be a limitation on type. Insects obviously come in lots of specialized forms. Maybe dragons dont have much between 'shoulder dragon', 'eragon' and 'bahamut'?

Quick question. Blitz Action vs. Sprint from the spells list. Would you describe Blitz as speeding up a mage's physical abilities (movement and aiming) whereas Sprint would speed up a mage's mental abilities (reflexes and prepping magic for spells). So a powerful Blitz Action could have a mage's body move faster than their mind could anticipate and a powerful Sprint could leave the mage's body barely moving from their own perspective?

I would imagine it depends on investment like most things. Lut seems to have mostly focused on her summoning, while Caro was focused on support magic. So Lut has a dozen different kinds of summon while Caro only uses two.

Or it may be a limitation on type. Insects obviously come in lots of specialized forms. Maybe dragons dont have much between 'shoulder dragon', 'eragon' and 'bahamut'?
Well, Missy here's a Calico so...odds are pretty good she's a cat summoner.

Stand by for Catbus

This is a vote for Missy, and Lil' miss soldier there would be pissed off if she wound up on the back lines for anything.

Well, since armed device winning is pretty much impossible because people hate the idea of Missy actually being able to take a hit, guess I'll switch to the least bad option remaining.

Armed Device honestly seems like a no-brainer best option to me and I straight up do not understand why everyone else is obsessed with the other two options, but whatever. Lose sight of practicality for the sake of a rare skill, sure, you do you.

Last edited:
Back