How would capturing mintact achines work mechanically? Could we simply make it a standing order for any combat unit (including mercenaries?) fighting machines to try for capture if there is only one or two left and they think they can get them with little to no risk?
I don't think that's going to be feasible. Capturing a machine intact is way more harder than blasting it and picking up the pieces. You also run the risk of it escaping during transport or infecting any computer you plug them into.

Also, their code is probably so mangled with bugs and viruses that it's going to be easier to just start from scratch.

How would capturing mintact achines work mechanically
The machine would get a 90%, 60% and 15% chance to attack and cause normal damage before being immobilized. Then you would attacha a Data-Jack into the machine, filling it with either scrapcode, junk data, or specialized viruse bought from the Feer. Depending on the quality of both the code and Data-Jack, varying %-chances apply.
Could we simply make it a standing order for any combat unit (including mercenaries?) fighting machines to try for capture if there is only one or two left and they think they can get them with little to no risk?
Yes, though the chanche that someone will die will be raised significantly.
Can we send a team to try and pick off some lone machines?
Yes. Simply make a write in for the military.
Either way, it might be the case that we are required to develope some appropriate tools first. Or maybe what we have is already enough. Who knows. (You, that's who.)
Ansolutely not. You need Electronics 2 to create a primitive Data-Jack, and 3 for a reliable one. As well, you'd need Software 1 to blast the machines cpu with junk, or buy a virus from the Feer.
A different question: Does the Artifact Reclamation Order only extend to the Forest, or also to findings in other areas? As in, if we send the DoD on an archeological expedition somewhere else, do we still have full rights to what we find?
The order is only for the Forest of Rust. Outside of it, you have full rights to artifacts as long as they aren't restricted, WMD's, Walkers, Strategic ressources, and claimed by InSec/the Imperial Family/Military-Command in exchange for money.

We would need another scientist, since the blackbox requires a scientist and we only have the one available.
could we substitue the scientist with some clan elder at least as a temporary thing

also having the black box already made for when we get that scientist would accelerate things

Last edited:
[X] Plan Money Making Research
-[X] N
-[X][Faith] The Pilgrims Need You!
-[X][Faith] Build Another 'Consensual' - (Jovki)
-[X][Diplomacy] We Are One People! - (Elite)
--[X] 6 FF
-[X][Martial] Re-Train The Wall 4 mats
-[X][Learning] Catalogue Everything 2: Airship Boogaloo - (Ship Type: Personal Cutters) - (Intact) - (The Unbroken, Tech Scouts) - (All Suspendium/Electronics/Machinery/Metallurgy/Physics)
--[X] Forge-Clan Gamble: +2 Successes per Turn in exchange for locking in an Action/s to retrieve 1d3-1 Hull/s.
--[X] Take It Apart: (Personal Cutters, Damaged): Increase Success Chance by 55%, 5%-Chance to be attacked by unknown forces, 2d8 Airship Artifacts.
--[X] SC, PD, DoD
-[X][Learning] Coke - (Common Chemicals)
-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition (TOP-03)(1 turn)
-[X][Tree] Electronics Workshop - (2/7 Turns Complete) [Sandcrete]
-[X][Tree] Living Quarters - Continous Expansion
-[X][Holding] Build Service-Buildings
-[X][Aria] Thoroughly Search The Daugther For The Lost Core
-[X][Martyris] Guiding Hand
-[X][Martyris] Too Much To Do - Detective Courses For Beginners - (1 (one) Unknown Artifact)
-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
-[X] Take Out A Loan (100 mats)
-[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Action Locked)
--[X] Study Sessions - (4/8 Turns Complete)
-[X] Forge Clan Vanar-Feer - (1 Action Locked)
--[X] Engineers Galore - (Engineer) - (1/6 Turns Complete)

Might as well take a big loan this turn to afford big buildings next turn.

Last edited:
could we substitue the scientist with some clan elder at least as a temporary thing
No. Those Elders do not work for you, they work for the Emperor on the Daughter. They may help out from time to time, but more on a: "I got bored and you don't know what you are doing, making it painful to watch you bumble around" kinda way.
Might as well take a big loan this turn to afford big buildings next turn.
That reminds me, i'll be changing the loan-mechanic next turn to allow you more flexibility. (Paying off a certain amount each turn with (much lower) interest applied each turn after paying added.) Still need to find a good balance for that.

Suspendium: 15 Medium and 2 Tiny Suspendium Shards (1 Medium needed in 4(four) Turns - Paid)

We are ultra safe as far as the quota goes.

@HeroCooky, a few questions:

Could we substitute any of our other actions to get another Holding action? The Tree actions for example seem highly similar.

Second, could we do a military/archaeology action where we have DoD fly overwatch while our scavengers beat the bushes, so to speak, in an area of the rust forest? The idea being to flush out the inhabiting mutants/robots and blow them to hell with lasers, this rendering the area safe(r) for scavenging. I'm specifically thinking of the Field of 64 and The Gallery.

Lastly, is this plan something the Pilgrims have the tech for?

Step 1: Drill holes in the doors of the Bunker.
Step 2: Attach expansion anchors in the holes. (Not necessarily this type, there are many)
Step 3: Attach the heaviest chains we can access to the bunker doors, and the other end to DoD.
Step 4: Pull.

edit: what did we use 1 medium shard on? We should've 16 from the expedition.
Sorry, didn't see the edit. That shard was bookmarked for the Emperor the second it arrived, so you wouldn't accidentaly use it up.
Could we substitute any of our other actions to get another Holding action? The Tree actions for example seem highly similar.
Yes, i'll add an option for shifting dice later today.
@BelligerentGnu the option has been added into the Heroes tab to the update.
Second, could we do a military/archaeology action where we have DoD fly overwatch while our scavengers beat the bushes, so to speak, in an area of the rust forest? The idea being to flush out the inhabiting mutants/robots and blow them to hell with lasers, this rendering the area safe(r) for scavenging. I'm specifically thinking of the Field of 64 and The Gallery.
That could be done, but as Amilia pointed out, there would be a chance to summon one of the Behemoths or Dreadnoughts present in the Forest.

(If you wanna keep track how many there are, I rolled 2d12 for the first and a 1d6 for the latter.)
Lastly, is this plan something the Pilgrims have the tech for?

Step 1: Drill holes in the doors of the Bunker.
Step 2: Attach expansion anchors in the holes. (Not necessarily this type, there are many)
Step 3: Attach the heaviest chains we can access to the bunker doors, and the other end to DoD.
Step 4: Pull.
This would cost the same as renting a Forge-Clan Drill Team for two turns + 21.20 Materials for the chain, resulting in a 34% chance that it works, ripping out the door or breaking the chains before that.

Last edited:
Okay, I've looked and I can't find it.

How much is the drill-team?

That said though, unless it's a ridiculous cost, that seems *extremely* worth it to me.
Okay, I looked through my notes and have also found nothing. Either I thought I had it written down and forgot to do so, or plain lost that note is up to debate. But unless someone finds my OG price, it will cost 103 Materials.

Back