Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Close in, relying on Sixiang to keep it's toxic aura from affecting you, between your music and your subordinates ritualism, it should be possible to pacify the creature.

Edit: Seriously? Less than a minute late.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Nemonowan on Jul 17, 2019 at 6:44 PM, finished with 286 posts and 131 votes.

Inserted tally

48+9+6+=63 for Pacify vs 48+7+6=61 for Kill.

By my count pacify wins.
Adhoc vote count started by CrimsonOddball on Jul 17, 2019 at 7:08 PM, finished with 286 posts and 131 votes.

Last edited:
Yeah, its the double votes that are causing the confusion. The bottom 6 votes cancel each other out, line 4 has 9 votes for close ( and 9 contain) while line 5 has 7 kill (and 9 contain. Final totals are:
Pacify: 63
Kill: 61
Contain:29
And there was a pacify vote right after voting ended too.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Erebeal on Jul 17, 2019 at 7:30 PM, finished with 298 posts and 133 votes.

[X] Continue distracting the hill beast while your subordinates and Zhengui wall off the remaining exits from its valley, then vanish, and only engage again if it looks to be breaking out.

[X] Close in, relying on Sixiang to keep it's toxic aura from affecting you, between your music and your subordinates ritualism, it should be possible to pacify the creature.

[X] Continue distracting the hill beast while your subordinates and Zhengui wall off the remaining exits from its valley, then vanish, and only engage again if it looks to be breaking out.

Just missed the vote. Pacify won.

I am proud to present Ling Qi with the "Most Likely To Cause Your Subordinates and Supervisor To Say 'What The Flying Fuck Is She Doing?'" Award. I now regret not jumping into the thread like I'd wanted to.

Honestly what is the goal, with pacify. Like I know kill already lost...but I'm still mad. Like I cannot picture our superiors being that impressed by this option. If it even works...

Edit: are we just perma staying around this damn hill now? Otherwise we should have just sealed it in the valley. I just...sigh

Honestly what is the goal, with pacify. Like I know kill already lost...but I'm still mad. Like I cannot picture our superiors being that impressed by this option. If it even works...

Edit: are we just perma staying around this damn hill now? Otherwise we should have just sealed it in the valley. I just...sigh
There was another option though. Even from here, she could sense the spirits anguish, it made no effort to cloak its spirit. The whole of its being was suffused with pain. Frankly, if she could not sense its unwavering well of vitality, she would have thought that it was dying. However, whatever it was, it had been dormant before they had disturbed it with their presence. Perhaps she could try to pacify the creature and lull it back into that state, so that perhaps a more experienced cultivator in the main group could purify the thing.

If it's pacified and goes to sleep, it'll be polluting the area less. It's a cleaner Contain that leaves the main forces more options, if it's successful.

We know Jiao mentioned getting better death... memories(?) from a melee weapon kill than a kill with an arrow. It could be related to that.
Possibly. While there is nothing solid stating that the essence in the dagger has to deal with death, it would be strange to me if it didn't. Given the fact that it's a dagger wielded someone who receives the patronage of the Bloody Moon.

Given Elder Jiao's mention of death memories, we know that the death of something can be lasting and have effects in the world, especially when it is something with power. It could be that everyone he kills with the dagger allows the... power of the death to be stored in the dagger as essence, to be later used to make simulacra of the recently deceased.

Back