Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] She would seek out Cai Renxiang. Surely another friendly face in the sea of masks would be welcome

Let's show our boss we've been working on social just like she wants.

Most commoner pickups become enforcers ala Rong or production slaves.

CRX has an enforcer who's also a scout, time to show off that we're also a handmaiden who can keep up with Gu/Bai/Cai/Sun at a ball
Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Apr 20, 2019 at 4:54 PM, finished with 15649 posts and 54 votes.

[X] She should look into what Sun Liling was doing. She was obviously up to something.

[X] She should look into what Sun Liling was doing. She was obviously up to something.

God forbid we actually interact with an antagonistic character for once.

Cai Renxiang did not visibly react to her words, but when she spoke, Ling Qi did hear a tinge of frustration to her words. "I will not presume. I will admit however, that it is somewhat vexing to see a new months reports and find inefficiencies I had uncovered continuing unobstructed, and certain short sighted decisions being repeated again and again."

"Such a nice family your boss has," Sixiang whispered dryly. Her head felt oddly quiet with only the muse and herself present.

Ling Qi had to admit, she would not say that she knew her lieges mind perfectly but… that seemed like something deliberately designed to agitate her. She supposed she couldn't exactly know the Duchess' mind however. "The Duchess is not the sort to hide her displeasure, I think," Ling Qi replied carefully. "Or to accept adequacy."

Her getting angry at people inneficiency is alright when she is a green. When she becomes a white, her purging everyone that make mistake is gonna destroy the province. Better to deal with the fact that people are fundamentally mistake prone now, rather than later when she is set in her ways.

[X] She would seek out Cai Renxiang. Surely another friendly face in the sea of masks would be welcome

[X] She would seek out Meizhen. What was she up too with the Bao scion?

Cai Rexiang need Ling Qi presence right now, as emotional support. It's been mentioned that Crx has been stressed and overworked for some time, and Ling Qi hasn't enough social dexterity yet to face Sun Liling verbally in public. The best would be to rejoin Crx and to help each other as a duo.

Her getting angry at people inneficiency is alright when she is a green. When she becomes a white, her purging everyone that make mistake is gonna destroy the province. Better to deal with the fact that people are fundamentally mistake prone now, rather than later when she is set in her ways.

That could actually be what Shenhua is conveying here.

"Of course one of us could do the job better. Is it worth your time?"

Definitely the more interesting choice, Sun Liling needs more show time and it would be bad to let her do what she wants without interference.

This isn't about getting used to others being fundamentally mistake-prone, Shenhua is likely just not even passing along CRX's corrections and only doing this to test her as well as possibly condition her to be more autocratic or obsessively neurotic. Either to make her "better" or easier to manipulate by giving her a big red button she can mash to make her do things.

I highly doubt a direct confrontation with Sun will get us anywhere.

[X] She would seek out Meizhen. What was she up too with the Bao scion?

This isn't about getting used to others being fundamentally mistake-prone, Shenhua is likely just not even passing along CRX's corrections and only doing this to test her as well as possibly condition her to be more autocratic or obsessively neurotic. Either to make her "better" or easier to manipulate by giving her a big red button she can mash to make her do things.

It could be full Enders Game, with Rennie actually running the province and the carryover mistakes being Shenhua's projection of how the on site administrators decisions would have affected things.

That could actually be what Shenhua is conveying here.

"Of course one of us could do the job better. Is it worth your time?"

Yeah, but that would imply the correct answer is telling her mother that she is giving her a waste of time, which would mean going against what her mother would want.

I am not sure shenhua want to cultivate so much indepedant toughts in her daughter.

On the other hand she was disappointed by CRX not changing liming, so who know ?

That's already a major character part of CRX tho.

Moreover, when faced against a meaningless task people get discouraged more than anything. That's the reason behind the furies assigned to sysiphus.

It could be full Enders Game, with Rennie actually running the province and the carryover mistakes being Shenhua's projection of how the on site administrators decisions would have affected things.

Now this I see her doing. That's exactly the kind of mind game I could see shenhua doing.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Interesting that the update is called "Growth"

Mmm, Renxiang v Sun is a tricky one here. Whatever Sun's up to is clearly plot important, at the same time us putting more focus on supporting Renxiang could also be important for both our character and the story.

Meizhen I honestly see as a distraction vote here. It looks like a random possible sideplot intruding its way in.

This is what I am going for right now. Miezhen seems to be talking about crafting and while I still dream about getting a bone titan I don't think crafting is the way we are going right now.

AN: Alrighty folks, we're having a short intermission arc here, and right now you get to decide the focus of the next scene, this one is going to be at least a few updates long, so don't get too wound up on only getting to interact with one person.

So we're probably gonna interact with one of them again in this arc (probably Meizhen unless we decided to double-dip).

Arrgghh the choices are calling to me. If we go by sequence of events, this might actually be the best chance we got to see what's Sun is up to. Decisions, decisions

Back