Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
That most of the people in the 650-500 range that we've seen are at least Green 5.

Are people in the 500s Green 5 too? It seems Bao Qingling is at least. If those in the combat track at that range are also Green 5, I don't see any reason we'd need Green 6.

[X] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)

Last edited:
[x] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)
Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Apr 2, 2019 at 7:53 PM, finished with 318 posts and 95 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Apr 2, 2019 at 7:53 PM, finished with 321 posts and 96 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Apr 2, 2019 at 7:54 PM, finished with 70 posts and 6 votes.

• [x] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)
    [X] While you will be present as much as you can, your household cannot be top priority yet. (Status quo)

So, time for wild probably wrong theory:
Ling Qi cast a sidelong look at her Mother, as much as her cultivation and arts had improved of late, she could feel in far more detail the problems that plagued her Mother's cultivation. Though it was inactive, she could feel Ling Qingge's dantian. It was small and empty like all mortals, but the difference was, with her recent efforts to cultivate, subtle flaws had been made clear. Though it appeared as a healthy vessel on the surface, it really wasn't. It was like a jug riven by a hundred invisible hairline cracks, and though it could hold some 'water' the closer the jug came to being filled, the more 'water' was forced out through the widening cracks.

While Ling Qi did not know enough of the subject to say, she suspected that this was the result of age on cultivation potential.
Currently, Ling Qi just put Qingge to her 4th rank bond, meaning she finally benefit from our domain effects:
Domain Effect: Allies in a scene with whom Ling Qi has at least four ranks of positive relation receive a one rank bonus to Spiritual Avoid, Armor and Combat Perception(Boosted Rank cannot exceed Ling Qi's), So long as at least one such ally is in the scene with Ling Qi she receives a half rank bonus to resisting or avoiding effects which would induce immobility or helplessness. In addition, when within a space Ling Qi considers to be 'hers' she receives a half rank bonus to Social Perception.
Ling Qi being around Qingge at all probably will help her cultivate faster as it should help her spirit be shielded some from this loss of potential. However, I strongly suspect that if we want there to be any chance for our mother to recover from that loss, she needs some very significant help right now, with every years that pass making it harder.

Obviously though, I also want to spend that AP/Turn with her because I think that with Ling qi's domain being about strengthening our loved ones, spending time actually doing so could only help our way develop further.

If and that is IF this AP cost guarantees events that not only auto-progresses both Qingge and Biyu's SL up without us choosing, but also guarantees support in raising our spirit's SL as well, then you'd have my vote for that.

I mean even if that's the case, choosing the more time option is a choice in itself. And I can't imagine a spirit SL up being free regardless of if it's a consequence of he family time.

[X] While you will be present as much as you can, your household cannot be top priority yet. (Status quo)

Last edited:

Qingge and Biyu get about the right amount of screen time right now. I don't particularly feel a need to increase that, especially not at the cost of an action a month.

[X] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)

I don't really buy into these theories of 'if we cultivate less, we will cultivate faster' and I don't want to abandon Ren Ren.
Ling Qi does already spend a decent? amount of time with her family, for a Cultivator in the Sect (compared to, say... everyone else we know) and I like being able to see her as hard working and putting in effort. Chilling out with family while supposedly trying hard to achieve a goal at the 'very edge of the possible' doesn't really sound like that to me.

We can either use this chance to get closer to our family as well as act in a manner that's true to our Way Domain or waste it because "must crunch numbers, screw character development".

I'm honestly very torn by this decision. For me, it comes down to my belief that IC, Ling Qi would currently prefer to spend more time with her family.

[x] In the future, devote more time to your household and your family. (-1AP in future turns)
I just think spending more time with the family will lead to a better story even if I don't really understand what the costs may be

She had started to become slightly concerned when her liege had actually been a full minute late to their first spar after her recent spate of cultivation. Cai Renxiang was usually frighteningly punctual. She knew the girl was spending a great deal of time arranging and holding meetings with a wide array of Inner Disciples, on top of keeping a cultivation schedule that had even raised Ling Qi's eyebrows a little, due to its strictness.
We really don't have a lot of wriggle room, and it feels a little rude to start to slow down a smidge when our liege is under such pressure.

I just think spending more time with the family will lead to a better story even if I don't really understand what the costs may be

The costs involve risking potentially doing worse in the tournament and/or failing to reach our final ranking goal. We don't really know how large these risks are since we don't have clear indications of what level we'll need to be to achieve these goals, nor do we know for sure how fast our cultivation speed will be in the future.

Back