Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
This is an excellent quest/story, finally caught up with the story, I must admit I rather I love reading about a female musical focused cultivator, as so many of the cultivation stories I've read are of of a male who focuses on sword, spear or saber.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

The ash exploded outward, and Ling Qi flinched as it enveloped her, stinging her eyes and getting caught in her throat. That surprise left her entire flat footed as a heavy, stonelike mass smashed through the clay wall and bowled her over.

"Mother!" a deeper but still recognizable voice rumbled in her ear as the heavy weight settled on top of her, pinning her legs in place. "Mother, where are you?"

"Oaf, you're sitting on her," a more sibilant voice spoke from further back. "Stand up and let Big Sister up."
I'd just like to point out what had happened the last time Zhengui woke up from his cultivation.

He wasn't terribly careful or observant in those first moments. He's going to be a lot bigger and stronger now.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

This should be good. Benchmark and motivation for Biyu

[] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

Oh my this would be a good thing to choose, but would be hilariously distruptive of the town in total. They might think they were under attack by Gamera.

broken by Biyu, who had backed whose eyes were wide
backed away and whose

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

I'm aware that I don't care much about the mechanics of this quest, so maybe I'm being a bumblefuck about something obvious that TRF does, but yeah, I'm kinda serious.
I categorically refuse to even entertain an argument that boils down to "but what if our buffs (which have always worked the same way) actually harm X characters we like instead despite it never happening before?"

Last edited:

Man so sad that everytime yrsillar updates, it's in the middle of my sleeping schedule :(

Alright, I'm convinced by you guys, hopefully this doesn't bite us

I'd just like to point out what had happened the last time Zhengui woke up from his cultivation.

He wasn't terribly careful or observant in those first moments. He's going to be a lot bigger and stronger now.
Ling Qi will also know that and, presumably, plan accordingly. I find the chances of Mother and Biyu hanging around right next to Zhengui when he awakens to be very small. Most likely they will be a sufficient distance between Zhengui/us and our family upon the initial wakening so that they aren't going to be bowled over and hurt by his excitement upon seeing us.

I categorically refuse to even entertain an argument that boils down to "but what if our buffs (which have always worked the same way) actually harm X characters we like instead despite it never happening before?"
Well, I'm sorry for wondering about the effects of qi being applied to someone who basically has no spiritual defenses.

Especially when it's a buff that we've never used on said hypothetical mortal human.

Either way, that wasn't my entire concern.
Ling Qi will also know that and, presumably, plan accordingly. I find the chances of Mother and Biyu hanging around right next to Zhengui when he awakens to be very small. Most likely they will be a sufficient distance between Zhengui/us and our family upon the initial wakening so that they aren't going to be bowled over and hurt by his excitement upon seeing us.
I don't think that they're literally going to be standing right next to the lava pit. I'm just wondering about how big Zhengui is going to be, and what's going to happen to the surrounding area when he climbs out.

What is a sufficient distance if LQ has no idea what's going to happen?

The point is to give everyone a chance to be heard. There is also always a chance for an upset. It has happened before where a vote with a huge lead gets beaten because a new view point is heard.

Leaving enough time for everyone to vote builds trust between the author and the readers. No matter how lopsided the vote is everyone wants to be heard.
Can you give me an example of this happening on a minor vote of this type? For major votes or plan votes I've seen it happen, but when it comes to this I can't recall it happening.

It's not like zhengui or the site is water after all...

She was rather displeased when her little brothers digging pierced an underground valve, releasing both boiling water

Sweet mother of god. It was there the whole time ! :o

Can you give me an example of this happening on a minor vote of this type? For major votes or plan votes I've seen it happen, but when it comes to this I can't recall it happening.

For shen hu vote.

I for one should be sleeping now.

Last edited:
I don't think that they're literally going to be standing right next to the lava pit. I'm just wondering about how big Zhengui is going to be, and what's going to happen to the surrounding area when he climbs out.

What is a sufficient distance if LQ has no idea what's going to happen?
Well, we have a rough guess on what their size will be based on our previous discussion with Xuan Shi regarding how big he would be getting. He's hitting green, which is the earliest stage of maturity and so his shell should be around 7-10 meters long.
Xuan Shi chuckled, giving the now bickering heads of her spirit beast a sad look. "Perhaps in time," he spoke over their non-verbal squabbling. "For a Xuan Wu reaching the earliest stages of maturity… his shell will be between seven and ten spans of imperial measure from front to back."

Between seven and ten meters, Ling Qi thought her eyes widening. That was… quite big. "Just how big do Xuan Wu grow?" She asked curiously. She had read some things, but she had assumed embellishment on the authors part.

In light of that, it is likely that 30-40 meters away from him waking up should be a sufficiently large distance to avoid any unfortunate bowling over by Zhengui's excitement.

The potential blast radius is another... potential problem. He built himself a burrow in the ground and so mud and soil may be launched from an explosive waking. Fortunately, it looks like simple soil and mud, no rocks or metals. Additionally, a lot of it may have turned into ash given the bonfire situation that was going on. However, given the possibility, adding another 10 meters seems like a safe bet to avoid loose soil.

So I would say 50 meters to be a sufficient distance to make sure that the blast and excess heat from his waking up won't hurt our family. However, I'm sure that Ling Qi has an even better idea and will be looking at what to look out for regarding this project.

Does it matter if he can't give you a specific example for a minor vote? The whole point is that it could happen.

Besides, the vote being open gives Yrsillar a break from writing. He's not a machine.

The other consequence of Zhengui just waking up last time was calling Ling Qi explicitly Mother. So that will be an interesting conversation

In light of that, it is likely that 30-40 meters away from him waking up should be a sufficiently large distance to avoid any unfortunate bowling over by Zhengui's excitement.

The potential blast radius is another... potential problem. He built himself a burrow in the ground and so mud and soil may be launched from an explosive waking. Fortunately, it looks like simple soil and mud, no rocks or metals. Additionally, a lot of it may have turned into ash given the bonfire situation that was going on. However, given the possibility, adding another 10 meters seems like a safe bet to avoid loose soil.

So I would say 50 meters to be a sufficient distance to make sure that the blast and excess heat from his waking up won't hurt our family. However, I'm sure that Ling Qi has an even better idea and will be looking at what to look out for regarding this project.
My main concern was the explosion and ash, so thank you for answering that.

I had forgotten that Xuan Shi actually gave us concrete information about a Xuan Wu's growth.

Back