Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I'm down for a season turn system especially because I imagine we will start to have arts and techniques require more than a month to learn sooner or later. I mean meridian opening or realignment currently is already a mutliturn (mutlimonth) process

It's not too big a deal. We were about a third of the way to the next stage, but this was a fine trade-off.

Guys. We've put a lot of effort into constructing a solid foundation. Let's keep it up.

But yeah, a random idea is to keep Cultivation XP gain the same (just gain it 12-13 times a year, depending on whether the 'Thirteen Months' thing was right) and then... in a normal month you can select three cultivation projects.

Just tripling it to nine or whatnot would probably make things a little too all-or-nothing/scattershot.

One idea would be to increase the total number of projects you can take, but not by too much. In my Quest, which is two turns from switching to two-month turns (versus 1), I plan on increasing the actions that can be taken by 1. So it could be that in a Season Turn you vote on 5-6 Cultivation projects or whatnot, and then, like, six actions (between Personal and Professional or so on) and then it's down to @yrsillar to basically arrange the order of the actions and how it fits together. Which would probably wind up being as involved as a regular turn... but several months would pass, thus several times faster.

Alternately, though a bit more work, a revamp could include bundling certain Arts together and voting for them as bundles. "I'm going to work on X type of Art and its successors" or so on. Not sure for that, depends on the synergy that exists, but it could be easy to imagine that, even if it would be less individual control.

Last edited:
One of the concerns regarding the summit was that if it failed Renxiang and her retainers wouldn't be taken seriously for decades.
Renxiang's most effective retainer just helped kill a Violet. Anyone with even a teaspoon of sense is going to be treating them as seriously as a heart attack after this.

Dang just realized we might not be able to do as much fief adventures before the war arc as we might have liked aww well. Excuse to do more of the non physically taxing stuff. Meetings, business, recovery and placating the family for the next 4-6 turns (assuming we running 1 month per turn during recovery)

By the way. That tournament arc we voted to skip (by heading up this summit) is there any way for us to watch or participate?

So, I was actually genuinely hoping for this to hurt, because we narratively shouldn't have ended this with light injuries, that would totally undercut the danger of the task and the power of the sovereigns.

Yeah regardless of when time starts to speed up, I hope we have to play through her recovering, so it really feels like she was wounded and will miss opportunities because of it. Not that I think it's a bad tradeoff! But for impact, prior wounds I think haven't felt very costly.

She also might get some interesting Wind / movement / freedom thoughts while stuck again.

Dang just realized we might not be able to do as much fief adventures before the war arc as we might have liked aww well. Excuse to do more of the non physically taxing stuff. Meetings, business, recovery and placating the family for the next 4-6 turns (assuming we running 1 month per turn during recovery)
At least we will be able to spend a lot of time with our family.

I'm wondering about range. If someone at the other end of the emerald sea talks to her, will she hear that? Because normally that shit is hella expensive. Would be a huge boon for her underdeveloped spymastering.

Also, she can annoy anyone she is aware of by talking his ear off.

Oh yeah there's no keeping this bad boy quiet. And it's been almost two weeks? I imagine everyone who matters in the Emerald Seas are busy updating their file/threat assessments on Ling Qi.

You mean assessment of the new liminal based Heron General deployment mechanism?

You hear and understand any being attempting to consciously communicate with you, if you so choose

So if we keep this new ability into the upper tiers, it's going to be insane. Being able to actually understand people of much lower cultivation could be huge. Emissary indeed

...Oh my. Once Ling Qi is strong enough this addition to her domain means that she'll be able to talk with Xiangmen.

"You may be heard and understood by any being you are aware of, regardless of language, cultivation, obstacles or techniques. You hear and understand any being attempting to consciously communicate with you, if you so choose. This ability may be bypassed by effects which use Shen."

I think this means that Xiangmen can choose to just block Ling Qi if it doesn't want to receive messages.

In regards to mechanics going forward I intend to keep the same system but move to a looser system of time passing, keeping track of base cultivation as time passes in uiverse rather than tying it to turns. The only big change is that I intend to rejigger projects. I want to aim for few but more high impact projects and rather than an unchanging slate, when an arc starts I will probably come up with a slate of projects tailored directly to that arc or arcs.

This should be more dynamic and also less constraining for me.

Back