Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I like the Interlude because it shows just how much of a kid Han Jian was going into the Sect.

And also how great a judge of character he is, to be able to intuit past Kang Zihao's skin-deep veneer of nobility even before he pulled that shit with ambushing Meizhen during Thunderdome.
It's worth noting that CRX expressed surprise at the shit Kang Zihao pulled, hinting that she herself never saw it coming.

Last edited:
Unfortunately CRX isn't really that great a judge of character. Look at where she decided to get her information from.

CRX is explicitly a terrible judge of character, she's not good at dealing with facades, and that's part of why she wanted Ling Qi as a retainer so much, because Ling Qi is a convenient moon-shaped protection pillow against scary externalities.

CRX is explicitly a terrible judge of character, she's not good at dealing with facades, and that's part of why she wanted Ling Qi as a retainer so much, because Ling Qi is a convenient moon-shaped protection pillow against scary externalities.
It would be really bad of us to take advantage of her.

It would be really bad of us to take advantage of her.

That would be a terrible idea.

I'm roughly 100% sure our robe is watching for shit like that. Shenhua is probably OK with us doing stuff for Renxiang's own good as long as we keep it hidden enough it doesn't fuck with her Dao, but that's essentially impossible with enemy cointel operatives above us in cultivation.

LQ needs to treat the gown with something good, it must be extremely upset with the guts and gore. Else it might just leave her in a huff, in the middle of a crowded street. Heh.

LQ needs to treat the gown with something good, it must be extremely upset with the guts and gore. Else it might just leave her in a huff, in the middle of a crowded street. Heh.

We're several decades away from that sort of outburst, unless there's something VERY surprising in that thread from Liming.

Actually, she did swear us to secrecy on pain of murderdeathkill....

We're several decades away from that sort of outburst, unless there's something VERY surprising in that thread from Liming.

Actually, she did swear us to secrecy on pain of murderdeathkill....

Well... I dont know if feasting on the echo of a white tier spirit helped ....but I feel like it should have sped up that timetable a tad

One thing to think about as well is the fact that our blade is aoe. This is it's time to shine! Our blades kill count is going to reach pretty stuidly high numbers from this! Super excited for this epic battle scene!

This whole adventure is turning out to be fantastic. It's going to be interesting to see how long we can hold off this endless horde, and what materials Li Suyin gets.

One thing to think about as well is the fact that our blade is aoe. This is it's time to shine! Our blades kill count is going to reach pretty stuidly high numbers from this! Super excited for this epic battle scene!
Killing most of them would be a waste of Qi. Better to drain the batteries dry.

Last edited:
I've been thinking, Suyin is probably hitting the third realm soon. Now, we know that commoners who reach the third realm at this age are normally made barons, but does she count as a commoner in this regard? IIRC, her father was a mortal who gained a noble title via the civil service. But that's not quite the same thing as the cultivator-nobility with their clans and feudal relationships, is it? Do we have any official word on what Suyin's status will be after she reaches the third realm?

I've been thinking, Suyin is probably hitting the third realm soon.

Eh, I'd question that.

At the end of last year, Suyin was Late/Mid. We were Late/Late by Week 24, and it then took us ~2 months before we were arguably "ready" to potentially begin breakthrough (though we went and dragged things out longer).

As a rough estimate, Suyin is taking around twice as long as us.

Now, yrsillar did say on discord that if she wasn't going on the expedition with us she'd probably be working on preparing for breakthrough etc., so from that we can infer that she isn't finished that yet. It is perhaps plausible that she might be ready to start working on her Green breakthrough around Month 4 or 5. Given that she won't have hax drugs like we did, she probably won't blow it away as fast as we did. A month at least for Green is probably fairly plausible? Given her issues around physical, Bronze is likely to take longer. Probably several months at least if we take Xiulan as a guide (and she's still more physical than Suyin and was getting to use the White Room).

So, if Suyin does well then maybe Green around the middle of the year, and Bronze nearer the end, maybe around Month 10?

This would also be consistent with the way the yrsillar has generally portrayed cultivation progression, with most people failing to get to Green in their second year, and even lots of Inner Sect disciples only just getting it in a year.

I'd say that after spending most of the quest (including the previous thread) fighting in situations that never really fit our build, it was about time we got something like this.

Eh, I'd question that.

At the end of last year, Suyin was Late/Mid. We were Late/Late by Week 24, and it then took us ~2 months before we were arguably "ready" to potentially begin breakthrough (though we went and dragged things out longer).

As a rough estimate, Suyin is taking around twice as long as us.

Now, yrsillar did say on discord that if she wasn't going on the expedition with us she'd probably be working on preparing for breakthrough etc., so from that we can infer that she isn't finished that yet. It is perhaps plausible that she might be ready to start working on her Green breakthrough around Month 4 or 5. Given that she won't have hax drugs like we did, she probably won't blow it away as fast as we did. A month at least for Green is probably fairly plausible? Given her issues around physical, Bronze is likely to take longer. Probably several months at least if we take Xiulan as a guide (and she's still more physical than Suyin and was getting to use the White Room).

So, if Suyin does well then maybe Green around the middle of the year, and Bronze nearer the end, maybe around Month 10?

This would also be consistent with the way the yrsillar has generally portrayed cultivation progression, with most people failing to get to Green in their second year, and even lots of Inner Sect disciples only just getting it in a year.

I agree with a lot of this. However this location that we are in a basically a perfect place for a production student. This is a private area to test real life combat abilities for her puppets. The materials here allow her to produce something that when sold will create a massive revenue stream for her. I honestly don't think there is a big push for her to break through to green. I am sure she will eventually but there is simply so much stuff going on for her right now that I bet that she is going to just push it back later than most because of the sheer amount of things she can do right now.

The whole world is opening up for her right now and I am super excited to see how far she can go with exclusive access to this site for 10 years.

Even so, she should achieve green/bronze well before she turns 17, which is the cutoff for elevation to the nobility, right?

Things that would be hilarious: Zhengui's face when we tell him about the all-you-can-eat buffet he missed.

Ugh, don't mention him please.

I would LOVE for him to have woken up by now.

This is the perfect fight for HIM as much as us.

"Precious, be a dear and park next to Li Suyin, layer your ash cloud in with my mist, and either maul whatever gets close to her or shoot whatever I'm hitting with fire. "

Back