Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Speak of Zeqing as a musician, and the way that your style and compositions changed from interacting with her. [More impersonal, easier to talk about. May offer some insights into music skills from introspection]

[X] Speak of Zeqing as a person, and the insights you gained from interacting with her. [More personal, may be difficult to articulate. More open, may prompt more personal responses in turn and unpack issues regarding Hanyi.]

He's very much like us family oriented so he'll be more sympathetic than I think we realize, it's practically the reason he's here plus as an aside he may be more motivated to get her songs to succeed

[X] Speak of Zeqing as a musician, and the way that your style and compositions changed from interacting with her. [More impersonal, easier to talk about. May offer some insights into music skills from introspection]

Not a fan of pushing and pushing til the awkward goes away. I'd rather she have the chance to get more comfortable with him with as little stress as possible.

[x] Speak of Zeqing as a musician, and the way that your style and compositions changed from interacting with her. [More impersonal, easier to talk about. May offer some insights into music skills from introspection]

[X] Speak of Zeqing as a person, and the insights you gained from interacting with her. [More personal, may be difficult to articulate. More open, may prompt more personal responses in turn and unpack issues regarding Hanyi.]

This is a tough decision, but I think this better suits Ling Qi's character for now. Her recent experiences and character development made her accept Bao Qian's invitation, but I think it makes sense for her to avoid topics that are too personal for now. I really would like to know more about Bao Qian so that he can gain some depth as a character (since I don't care much about him right now), but as others have said, this doesn't seem to be the best time for that. Hopefully we get a chance to learn more about him later on.

So I am voting for this for somewhat different reasons than other people --- I just feel the other conversation is to personal for Hanyi and therefore feels a bit forward?

Going way too deep emotionally on LQ's first ever date doesn't sound like a good idea. If the goal of the date was to give her some experience with social interaction, then keeping things light and casual makes more sense to help her grow.

I do think that down the road, LQ will need to unpack issues relating to Hanyi, but this isn't the right avenue for it, given how new her friendship with Bao Qian is.

Bao Qian pressing LQ on her ambitions just revealed how superficially he thought about the ramifications of LQ's circumstances. She was struggling to survive on the streets, so treasuring safety and desiring to achieve power to maintain that safety and wellbeing for herself and her family is completely reasonable. I guess he's never even thought about worrying about survival on that level, or considered that anyone he interacts with could have such experiences.

[x] Speak of Zeqing as a musician, and the way that your style and compositions changed from interacting with her. [More impersonal, easier to talk about. May offer some insights into music skills from introspection]

I don't think he cares about Zeqings music, he did say he has a tin ear so it has no appeal to him.

going with that I think it will be a fresh and new take for him to consider if his thoughts were superficial to Ling Qi and he did say he was irritated at himself for getting his estimate of her wrong so he'll see her in a new light

1d100+10(Sixiang) Target Number 60
59+10=69 1 degree success
IT HAS ROLLS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Bao Qian chuckled. "Not to the fare in a place like this. Culinary cultivators do in fact exist, but it is considered a branch of pill and elixir craft. My Great Aunt Qiao is one such and I must tell you such meals are an experience."
How many family members do you have whose names starts with 'Q'? We have Santa Bao (Bao Quan), Spiderlady (Bao Qingling), you (Bao Qian), and now this great aunt

"Deal," he said with a weak chuckle. "Let us move on to lighter topics! So what sort of inspirations do you take for your compositions Miss Ling. From descriptions I have heard, you seem to follow Grandmistress Lei's style but that can hardly be the whole story. You mentioned that spirit girl's mother?"
God we don't know shit about music

I'm not interested in bringing the threshold higher.

I don't think he cares about Zeqings music, he did say he has a tin ear so it has no appeal to him.

going with that I think it will be a fresh and new take for him to consider if his thoughts were superficial to Ling Qi and he did say he was irritated at himself for getting his estimate of her wrong so he'll see her in a new light
He did say right afterwards that he enjoys music, despite his tin ear.

Right now he's casting about trying to get to know us; the "what ambitions do you nurse in your heart" question was clearly a gambit of "so, tell me what matters to you" which LQ completely flubbed because she has no real answer other than "I want to be strong so that I won't be powerless in the face of bad things" (contrast e.g. to another character who has announced he wants to reach the peak of cultivation, Liao Zhu, who has the very clear goal of ascending so that he can tilt the Bloody Moon towards justice rather than simply retribution). Even if he doesn't have the music-theory background to understand everything we talk about, "I was exposed to this influence and so I shifted my way of doing things" is a pretty universal experience, especially for cultivators.

Changed my mind now want to double down
[x] Speak of Zeqing as a person, and the insights you gained from interacting with her. [More personal, may be difficult to articulate. More open, may prompt more personal responses in turn and unpack issues regarding Hanyi.]

Back