The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

Thoughts on a Shouxi social to see what his rates for a commission would be?

Perhaps we could give him that Beast Shell and some talents/points to get a batch of Beast Pills. We do need quite the significant amount of Beast Anam to max out Warhound, so it'd be a good idea to get it straight from the source. (88 SP if we go the Sect Market route for Beast Pills, and IIRC around 50 if we did a Wonder? That's just prohibitively expensive.)

Last edited:
I would think this is the time to hit The Depths, in case we hit anything we need to go back and research or prep for to have a second try. If we put it off to the end, it is all or nothing. If for some reason we find The Depths is impossible, that also gives us a chance to ask someone else last week too.

Depth 2
2x arm
2x leg
Shopping (pill up)
Is 7, giving us two more for social/fun/education.

Tentative Plan

[] Plan Clever Girl

[] Ming Hui is planning a tour of the village's many street vendors soon so that he may be more inspired in his future dishes. If you wish a seat and a plate, one can be provided for you.
-[] Mei asked you to tell him that you received his gift, you will do so. It has been awhile since you've had the opportunity to catch up with him, but it is clear that he is a good friend.
[] Nokai is beyond happy that Auntie Bi is gone. She wishes to celebrate with a trip to the Forest of Pearls. Perhaps some sunshine is what you need. You will accompany her.
-[] Ask her if she would like to join you as you familiarize yourself with your new limbs, check to make sure Xue still enjoys your pets despite your new scissor-hands.
-[] Offer her an invitation to join your expedition into the deeps.
[] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
-[] Talon of Remembrance x3
[] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
-[] Raptor's Foot x3
[] You have talents and you have sect points. They burn a hole in your purse and token the longer you have them. You shall go to the sect market and seek to offload some of your wealth.

If we do two socials this week, I think Mo should be one of them. She's a friend and the only person we haven't seen since our accident. She's the most social and appearance focused so how she responds to it will be interesting, especially if there's a sense motive check we somehow manage to pass.

[X] Plan Pills for Days

[] You may now take assignments at the Delving Heart Assignment Hall. You will go, take one, and carry it out to the best of your ability.
-[] ( Talon of Remembrance ) x2
-[] ( Raptor's Foot ) x2
[] Ming Hui is planning a tour of the village's many street vendors soon so that he may be more inspired in his future dishes. If you wish a seat and a plate, one can be provided for you.
[] Nokai is beyond happy that Auntie Bi is gone. She wishes to celebrate with a trip to the Forest of Pearls. Perhaps some sunshine is what you need. You will accompany her.
-[] Offer her an invitation to join our expedition into the deeps
[] You have talents and you have sect points. They burn a hole in your purse and token the longer you have them. You shall go to the sect market and seek to offload some of your wealth.
-[] Invite Shouxi
[] Jai Shouxi is relaxing at home, enjoying the fruits of his labor. He seems like he would be happy to speak with you, and seems most interested in your new alterations
-[] Discuss what he might be able to do for us in terms of commissions for BSA, Warhound's Cry, healing pills, or his stimulant tea in preparation for the Deeps.

[X] Plan Putting in Work

[] You may now take assignments at the Delving Heart Assignment Hall. You will go, take one, and carry it out to the best of your ability. x2
-[] ( Talon of Remembrance ) x2
-[] ( Raptor's Foot ) x2
-[] Offer her an invitation to join our expedition into the deeps

[X] Plan Clever Girl
-[] Ming Hui is planning a tour of the village's many street vendors soon so that he may be more inspired in his future dishes. If you wish a seat and a plate, one can be provided for you.
--[] Mei asked you to tell him that you received his gift, you will do so. It has been awhile since you've had the opportunity to catch up with him, but it is clear that he is a good friend.
--[] Ask if it would be possible to have him infuse anam into food to help you with your training and if so how much such a service would cost.
-[] Nokai is beyond happy that Auntie Bi is gone. She wishes to celebrate with a trip to the Forest of Pearls. Perhaps some sunshine is what you need. You will accompany her.
--[] Ask her if she would like to join you as you familiarize yourself with your new limbs, check to make sure Xue still enjoys your pets despite your new scissor-hands.
--[] Offer her an invitation to join your expedition into the deeps.
-[] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[] Talon of Remembrance x3
-[] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[] Raptor's Foot x3
-[] You have talents and you have sect points. They burn a hole in your purse and token the longer you have them. You shall go to the sect market and seek to offload some of your wealth.

Reasonings:

-Spending an action on Ming Hui is an out there choice, but we saw him advance to the Soldier's Step by eating what seemed like anam enhanced food. Checking up on him and asking about this seems worth it, it might be cheaper and more cost-effective than having proper pills made at these lower cultivation levels.

-Going on the trip to the Forest of Pearls with Nokai will let us ask her if she is willing to join us on our journey, her skill with survival might be useful. Inviting her to train with us is mostly flavortext and a courtesy, but if she accepts it might provide us some assistance in those endeavors.

-I feel like taking any sect jobs right now is putting the cart before the horse considering we can't even walk to Bi and back without getting winded, if we somehow end up injured and hurt our action economy we might land ourselves in a very poor position. We also already have a lot of funds to work with, so there's no rush. Instead I dedicated all the time we had remaining save for one action to getting used to our new limbs, in hopes of negating any penalties that might be enforced if we don't reacquaint ourselves with them.

-The last action is dedicated to shopping because, let's face it, we have money to spend and could really use a Healing pill for our expedition. We also have the opportunity to buy pills to level up our other techniques if they happen to have them, maybe even rent a Wonder but the week of usage only starts the week after you rent it so we would have to put all our time towards training on Week 12 which is rough.

P.S. Tally system seems wonky right now so if you see me fiddling with the plan, that's why!

Last edited:
[X] Plan: For the love of pills.
-[X] Jai Shouxi is relaxing at home, enjoying the fruits of his labor. He seems like he would be happy to speak with you, and seems most interested in your new alterations
--[X] You have a fair idea of what's needed to progress your other techniques and it's tempting to buy pills to get all the necessary aspects for the Blooming Spear of the Auroch. How many pills of earth, wood and beast can Shouxi make in time for next week and what would be the cost? Can he use the Winter Crab's carapace? How many of those pills can you even ingest at a time? Ask him! You don't want your intestines to fail... Xu Yun will give you sect points for two more weeks, so if you don't have enough now maybe Shouxi will accept a delayed payment.
-[X] You have talents and you have sect points. They burn a hole in your purse and token the longer you have them. You shall go to the sect market and seek to offload some of your wealth.
--[X] You don't know what to buy before you have talked to Shouxi and you don't know what to arrange with Shouxi before you know what's available at the market. Get information and make a cohesive spending plan.
-[X] Nokai is beyond happy that Auntie Bi is gone. She wishes to celebrate with a trip to the Forest of Pearls. Perhaps some sunshine is what you need. You will accompany her.
--[X] Thank Nokai, Xue and Lan for helping you.
--[X] Offer her an invitation to join our expedition into the deeps
-[X] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[X] ( Talon of Remembrance ) x2
-[X] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[X] ( Raptor's Foot ) x2
-[X] You may now take assignments at the Delving Heart Assignment Hall. You will go, take one, and carry it out to the best of your ability. x2

So my thoughts for asking Shouxi for pills is to see if we get a discount on those. If he can make both wood and beast it might be an option to rent the earth/sound wonder to get up BSA and WHC. BSA will be priority of course, but we can basically cycle for 5-6 actions next week and we only need 2-3 to get the Earth anam we need from the wonder. Leaving a few actions to cycle Sound anam. That depends on the wonder being available though.

Thought about doing an archive run, but we need sect points.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Putting in Work

Lets do this. Time to prepare for the big boss fight properly. We can actually most likely get BSA mastered with this plan.

Like the last time, there is no guarantee at all that there will be wood anam pills available for us.

Oh man. That was wholesome as hell!

Tbh I'd go for the deeps this turn.
Something like this then?

[] Plan: Braving the Depths
-[] You have talents and you have sect points. They burn a hole in your purse and token the longer you have them. You shall go to the sect market and seek to offload some of your wealth.
-[] Nokai is beyond happy that Auntie Bi is gone. She wishes to celebrate with a trip to the Forest of Pearls. Perhaps some sunshine is what you need. You will accompany her.
--[-] Thank Nokai, Xue and Lan for helping you.
--[] Ask her help for your task in the deeps
-[-] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[-] ( Talon of Remembrance ) x2
-[-] You have discovered some talent in the physical arts, but talent is useless if not honed. You will find an empty training field and work on your martial skills.
--[-] ( Raptor's Foot ) x2
-[-] You may now take assignments at the Delving Heart Assignment Hall. You will go, take one, and carry it out to the best of your ability.
-[-] You've been tasked with impressing an Elder if you wish to rise to the Eighth Circle. You have recently met Elder Siani, an Elder who seems to handle problems and rare situations around the sect. Elder Siani seems very interested in the Armory Map you fixed, and completing its tasks will likely draw further attention.
--[] You will seek out the point on the map that lies deep within the caverns, below even the Lost Armory. (Counts as Three Two Actions).

Not sure if I'd want that, but if we're banking on market random roll and/or hoping that Shouxi can provide the necessary pills...

Maybe we can post something on the sect mission board? Provide x amount of anam in wood pills and x in earth pills in one week?
-[] Write-in. You feel like you need to get as far as possible with the Blooming spear of the Auroch. You will have a quick talk with Shouxi to see if he can prepare the necessary amount of pills for you to consume next week before going to the depths. If he is unable you will make a sect task.

-

Honestly, I feel like so much of this weeks and next is dependent on what's available in the market that I'd like to have a single day action of checking the market and go from there.. @Vesvius is that a possiblity?

If the market does not have the wood pill we will basically be in the same position at the end of this week. Except that we might get our limbs up to phase 5 instead of 4.

Anyway I think the Depth is a viable action at this point, instead of spending money many wood pills, it'd be spent on more healing pills.

If we fail then we will at least have a chance to salvage something in the very last week

I don't think failure is a huge risk, meta-wise, like the story kind of gets reset if we're kicked out of the sect, and I doubt Ves wants to just drop everything he's worked on so far. I'm not discounting horrible things happening to us or others, but I don't expect us to not get a sigil.

But, yeah, if I were in KZ's shoes, I'd almost certainly want to check the place out ahead of time, instead of YOLOing all my friends to their possible deaths in a last ditch effort to solve whatever hellscape riddle the Deeps is. Especially considering how the last exploration event went.

[X] Plan: For the love of pills.

This is the plan I was going to put forward if I wasn't asleep. Thanks Edkose. Shouxi can possibly make us pills for mastering BSA, and if not the market might still have options (either pills or renting a Wood wonder + Earth pills, like Knight Radiant is planning on). With this plan we'll have multiple possible avenues to mastering BSA before the Deeps. We can do socials for Mo and Ming Hui in the final week, which will be nice, but they can wait since they aren't deeps-adjacent.

Regardless of what route we go to do so, we really do need to make an honest swing at mastering BSA before we go into the Deeps. That's the tech we have the best chance of mastering on time, and it could make a world of difference in the Deeps to have a combat tech mastered.

Going to the deeps now, when we have 2 weeks left to get our sigil is not optimal

Agreed. We have the travel supplies which we can only use for one trip, and doing this twice over would just entail extra risk. The Deeps are dangerous, and the primary risk here isn't some riddle, it's the horrible gribblies living down there.

Last edited:
his is the plan I was going to put forward if I wasn't asleep. Thanks Edkose. Shouxi can possibly make us pills for mastering BSA, and if not the market might still have options (either pills or renting a Wood wonder + Earth pills, like Knight Radiant is planning on). With this plan we'll have multiple possible avenues to mastering BSA before the Deeps. We can do socials for Mo and Ming Hui in the final week, which will be nice, but they can wait since they aren't deeps-adjacent.

Regardless of what route we go to do so, we really do need to make an honest swing at mastering BSA before we go into the Deeps. That's the tech we have the best chance of mastering on time, and it could make a world of difference in the Deeps to have a combat tech mastered.
I had forgotten about the wood wonder available for rent, well that certainly makes it more viable to master BSA if there are just earth pills in the market.

Back