The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

[X] Midnight's Grace

The charm works by adding an additional 20d10s7 to every technique its summoner uses so I feel the name Midnight's Grace works better as it is a boost or addition of grace to every technique. It works essentially as an empowerment for those eight rounds of combat.

Is the Second being affected by the Hummingbird's Dance?

EDIT: And did that somehow affect our Charm?

Yes.

And..
At the other end, beneath where the robe ends, you…

...are those cat feet?
Slowly, the feeling of time anam begins to creep up from your stomach and fill your body like a curious kitten exploring a new home. It starts as a faint touch as the anam barely brushes against you. But as you cycle, the power gets stronger and strong, the touch more and more present. The power builds within you until the kitten is a great tiger rubbing against your senses, causing the hairs on your arm to stand up on end.

we just let it out to play.

I can't wait to see Time's version of the Hummingbird's Dance and I so want to master HD by continuing to cycle Time.

Btw, am I the only one who is worried about time annam affecting our mind?

Hot damn, that is a nice charm. 160d10s7 total for 5 anam. I doubt we're going to get much more efficient for a while.
It's actually 25 anam, which is.... a lot. You can pre-charge 20 before activation, though, so the combat anam economy is more favorable than that. Still, as far as wonder management goes, it's pretty heavy.

I don't have super high hopes for the notion, but I wonder if it'd be at all possible to figure out a way to trickle charge the 20 anam up-front cost.

Like, some way to divert excess anam generated in out core to the box, maybe through a charm custom built to do so; I'm not sure if it's a thing you can do, given the "must be cycled into it" requirement, but I don't really have a great grasp on the potential differences between cycling and 'just moving anam into something'.

I'm... pretty freaked out by the conflux of our letter being responded like it was, and the anomalous results that have been coming from the Second; it's setting off all of my "oh no, we've stumbled into Things Man Should Not Know territory" alarms.

(Couldn't father dearest have spared like, a moment longer to write literally anything in addition to announcing the deployment of Nuclear family members?)

It's actually 25 anam, which is.... a lot. You can pre-charge 20 before activation, though, so the combat anam economy is more favorable than that. Still, as far as wonder management goes, it's pretty heavy.
Yeah, we're not going to be using it a lot since spending that action and 20 anam towards increasing personal dice will be better in the long run. On the other hand the box will be useful for emergiencies for a long time.

[X] Asura of the Moonless Night

I am so happy with our box!!!! 🤩

I was hoping for a Preta and I got a Dark Rakshasa!!!

As for the efficiency. Remember, KZ's can currently dish out an 18d10s7 attack six times before he's exhausted his core. A summon that can dish out 8 rounds of anam powered 20d10s7 is fighting more efficiently then KZ. Yeah it needs prep. But it's really good

@Vesvius A question tho, if we had the anam, could we re-prime the summon in a fight? Like... two grade 2 pills would be enough yes? Could we pop pills and prime the box? Or is it too focus intensive for a mid-combat recharge?

25 Anam. We can pay the 20 ahead of time, so it only takes 5 from the limited pool we carry around with us, but it still matters.

True, it's good to point that out, but the ability to pay 20 of that before you're in combat makes it a lot better. We'd essentially be spending a weekly action to give a huge combat boost for our next fight. It might not be action efficient in the future, but it's very combat efficient for us now.

@Vesvius Shouldn't the Heart of Stone be removed from the profile. We used it this update so it shouldn't they there unless pills we have consumed still count as Pills and Elixirs on Hand.

Back