The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

Concerning the duel: Jai Fa has poor Dex, so the increased dice gives her a better chance at winning initiative during combat, as she certainly isn't going to win it at the start. Hunger is probably the better choice there.

However, we probably get more use out of Night, as we have really poor anam capacity.

We're going to outgrow the box eventually, so I'm leaning toward Hunger for the more immediate gain, but I'm uncertain.

[X] Night (Final charm gains an additional 3 Rounds of Functionality, but has weaker attacks)

We can use defender/monk charms to drag the fight out and let Night make the impact it wants.

[X] Night (Final charm gains an additional 3 Rounds of Functionality, but has weaker attacks)

lets not feed the barbarian image we've cultivated.

[X] Hunger (Final charm gains an additional 5 Dice worth power per round, but fades faster)

It's not even finished yet, but...

Oh... box, You are BEAUTIFUL!!!

[x] Night (Final charm gains an additional 3 Rounds of Functionality, but has weaker attacks)
I am hoping because that the double down will support the weaker attack and give great longevity giving a good bodyguard so that the archer charm can show its worth

BOX isn't even finished and it already looks great. I like Night more, it's more aesthetic and the increased duration probably adds up to increased effectiveness over the course of the three rounds. Against all by an overwhelming opponent the higher duration is more important then increased power, and if we're fighting an opponent with an overwhelming advantage we probably lose anyway.

Concerning the duel: Jai Fa has poor Dex, so the increased dice gives her a better chance at winning initiative during combat, as she certainly isn't going to win it at the start. Hunger is probably the better choice there.

However, we probably get more use out of Night, as we have really poor anam capacity.

We're going to outgrow the box eventually, so I'm leaning toward Hunger for the more immediate gain, but I'm uncertain.
Nights longer presence makes up for its weaker nature. A second opponent makes the other champion constantly have to choose who to target. Even if it does less damage per hit, it has more chances to do damage. And more importantly it makes the fight harder for any non gigantic opponent who can't easily target more than one opponent.

I think the point about combat vs noncombat is a good one. Night's... Whatever it is probably has a broader range of applications.

I'm not going to be upset by Hunger winning. The idea of it remaining relevant for longer is a good one - though I would guess this is going to be relevant for quite a while.

I, too, like the idea of utility beyond straight combat, and the mystery of what form a Night dominated construct would take appeals to me, as all mystery boxes do.

The longer you can keep the enemy on the wrong side of action economy the better.

Three rounds of having additional dice on your side is huge.

Hunger is probably closer to what I originally envisioned, but I like this effect and the construct ending up being a thing of grace and beauty isn't bad either.

[X] Hunger (Final charm gains an additional 5 Dice worth power per round, but fades faster)

I've decided on this because my initial idea was of a ravenously hungry wraith, and that's the sort of imagery in my mind that deserves power to show its full glory. If it burns out faster for it, so be it:

In a fight, if you don't have strength, no matter how great your stamina or speed is , it ain't gonna do anything.

I am different and that makes me special.

So, any guesses what the Night aspect will look like? I'm hoping its some sort of winged snake or heck, I'd take a straight up flying non-winged snake too. All the better to sneak attack with (obviously not in the duel, but still).

I'm curious what sort of upgrade reaching Double threshold gives the box beyond this ability, should be pretty interesting if we decide to spend an extra action reaching that.

You need one more piece, and you find it when you heft the small, square game piece in your hand.
You consider it for a moment and, before you add the lacquer, take your saw to the game piece. A quick slice cuts the wooden disc in half widthwise, and you cement them in place over the demon's eyes with a drop of lacquer.

@Vesvius, minor contradiction in the text that needs resolving. First one should just be changed to round, I think.

I'm curious what sort of upgrade reaching Double threshold gives the box beyond this ability, should be pretty interesting if we decide to spend an extra action reaching that.
Well, the most straightforward boost will be summoning 2 creatures, or ability for the summoned creature to materialize 1 more time in battle if it gets dispelled.

So this update about Night Anam gave me an idea for another Mesaanger Summon Charm.

Next time. Night Star Insect. Make Butterfly Messenger Charm. Send mail via magic butterfly.

Maybe add Beauty Beauty too. Those Love Letters would have worked great.

Idea is like a scroll that you would write a letter in and pass Anam through. The ink would form a construct like a anam butterfly holding the meaning of the letter and the emotion behind it. It would fly off through Night, darkness and shadow to the intended recipient.

Wuxia Messanger Charm basically. With a fancy aesthetic and fitting theme. Tell me if you guys like it.

Remember, the glove is supposed to be our heavy hitter for the fight. Let's use the box to compliment it.

Utility is great, and controlling something made of night seems safer than something made of hunger.

Back